I am happy to finally announce a project that i have been working on for the past SEVERAL months. Sublimity
is all about quality, and using the Retina screen to its full potential. I have spent countless hours ironing out the details on these icons. I have dabbled with custom icons in the past with 2UINique and Accent, but now with my foot int he door, this icon set is really my best work to date.
1st off i want to give BIG credit to the maker of Jaku. I had been running his icons for a while and just fell in love with the feel of my phone. So this set is heavily influenced and inspired by the work that he has done. So I wanted to make an icon set that had that same feel as jaku but made sure i wasnt copying anything from his theme other than the general concept of the icons (frameless, rounded corners and small 3d effect on the bottom).
2nd, all icons are made entirely by me, no copy and pasting and no use of open source imagery. There are some that were influenced by stuff i saw on dribble or deviant art, however did my best to not make an exact copy.
Also for what i wanted to do with some icons, like the music icon i had to utilize some online tutorials to learn how to do some things. I found a really cool radio that i based my music icon off. Knowing its an icon that gets shrunk down i didnt (as you can see) copy the tutorial step by step, rather use it to learn how to do certain things. Turorial found here: Create a Cool Vintage Radio Icon in Photoshop | Naldz Graphics
Im sure im forgetting some stuff but just wanted to put those things out on the table first and formost.
, is now available via Cydia for $2.00. The icon set will be released with 58 customized icons, as well as auto appstore icons.
I plan on doing bi-weekly or Monthly updates to include more and more icons. This theme will never stop. Being just an icon set you can count on this theme supporting any firmware in a timely matter! Sublimity will also be available for ALL iOS devices, retina and non retina that are on iOS6 or greater.
--ICON REQUESTS READ CAREFULLY --
i am working on icons on a weekly basis, and will be trying to do bi-weekly updates to include new icons. Now there are to many apps out there from cydia and the App Store for me to download and get all the necessary info. So to begin with i will only be working on icons that i have all information for.
So please read below on how to submit your icons for Sublimity.
There are 2 ways you can request icons. 1 - on this thread (Official MMI support thread), and 2 - via email. The official email to submit icon requests is [email protected]
So you will need to include the below information using either of the two above methods.
1. What kind of app- THIS IS MANDITORY
2) Cydia 2. Bundle ID - THIS IS IMPORTANT, AND IS CASE SENSITIVE- THIS IS MANDITORY
1) open iFile
2) Go to the applications folder
3) Open app folder
4) Open info.plist (i find it best and easiest to navigate by opening in property list viewer)
5) Locate "CFBundleIdentifier" - This is where the bundle ID is. I will need this name EXACTLY how it is. AGAIN THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE 3. Icon file names Please remember this is an iPad theme too. so i will need to know what the file names for all devices are - THIS IS MANDITORY
1) Follow same 1-3 steps as above
2) Open info.plist (again use property list viewer)
3) Locat "CFBundleiconFiles" (it will usually say "Array" next to it) and go into that
4) Now you should have a list of the icon file names 4. Icon images - i am requesting these, because it would be nice to know what the stock icon looks like. This could give me a direction to go for the icon. This is not mandatory, but is suggested.
Also i just want to remind everyone. Just because you have requested an icon does not mean that i will put that icon on priority. AGAIN
please follow the steps above, as icon requests that have all the information will be most likely put above those that we have to research.
A big thank you to MamaJaay, as she will be helping me make sure we record all requests that come in.
would not be anywhere close to what it has turned out with out the help of Slate004
. He has been the brains of about 50% (probably more) of the icons, and also the voice that has always kept it real and pushed me to do better and in a few cases completly scrap an icon and start over. So its very imporant that i give Slate004 a ton of credit on this theme! Thanks brother!
Other credits go to my boy Pinoy
! this theme would not have its name if it wasnt for him. Also really appreciate you always keeping it real my dude!
- what would a suby theme be with out this guy! another stand up dude who has had access to this set from early on and has ALWAYS told it how it is.
- Was nice enough to give me access to two very nice wood docks. The wood docks simply just go perfect with the feel of these icons. A big thank you to you dude!
- not sure what can be said here. Stand up dude, someone i always trust with my work and always keeps it real. He as well as Slate have been in on this icon set for the longest and have helped with ideas and molding icons to be the best they can be.
- One of the best friends i have, great guy and has been apart of the growth sense the first icon i showed him. All around great guy!
- What can i say. You're just the best! You have always had my back in my work and always support anyone when they need it. Thank you for putting work into porting these icons to all iPads!! Its always a pleasure having you on the team!
Here is a link to the PSD to make your own icons. It is very important that you read the README in the zip file before asking any questions. If you ask any questions that are answered in the read me, i will ignore you question
I have created a public photostream with some of my favorite wallpapers to use with these icons.. These are wallpapers i did not make and take no credit for them what so ever.