+ Reply
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sublimity - A premium icon set by Subywrex

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Alfroggy Yeah, you're right, used as a Photos icon it required your participation, and to be placed on a 118x120px canvas. But as a folder icon make
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Yeah, you're right, used as a Photos icon it required your participation, and to be placed on a 118x120px canvas. But as a folder icon make sure the 114x114 image is CENTERED on a 118x124px canvas. The beta has that issue/bug. Otherwise it won't line up properly with app icons
    Yeah...I had almost forgotten that. I spent last night doing a lot of cussing before I remembered.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surlygrl1969 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-07-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shinchan.Nohara's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 211 Posts

Any maps icon !!

On springboard:
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shinchan.Nohara For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-07-2013), BoyBastos (06-08-2013), lizzy954 (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013), ogkikz (06-08-2013), Runt (06-08-2013)

Thanks

Wow, icon making is turning real fun

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dalvar3 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-07-2013), Fattone66 (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013), ogkikz (06-08-2013), Sad_Cat (06-08-2013), Slate004 (06-08-2013), TeddyDiesel (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,472 Times in 3,523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Hey Dark, any idea why your icon looks like this?
    I've tried saving the the image you posted and DL from the link, I get the same result with both

Looks like the icon mask shadow... Gonna have to remake the icon for the frame

Here ya go but you will still get the shadow inbetween the holes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bhrfgl9t2...A_Flixster.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80tfip051x..._Flixster2.png
    Last edited by Darka5sa5sin; 06-08-2013 at 02:02 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), AWSUM (06-09-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 343 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surlygrl1969 View Post
    Hey girlie...I LOVE your icon. I hope you don't mind that I made it the same shape and size as the others.

I thought you might like it, as well-
    credits go to original creator, dont know the name of (sorry )

I think the original intent was to have it auto-masked if used for an AppStore application icon. One installed from the AppStore I mean. Sublimity has that sublimely centered mask which suits so many themes' icons well !

My icons beneath the mask are Jaku
    exactly
    otherwise there will be double masking

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Is anyone working on sublime foldericons?
    I did, but as Suby didnt like them, I stopped

@Girishkataria, you re welcome

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azaleea For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), ogkikz (06-08-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Me today. Probably, the best theme of this year )))

Sublimity - A premium icon set by Subywrex-photo-139.png

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sad_Cat For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azaleea View Post
    I did, but as Suby didnt like them, I stopped
    My icon configuration is based heavily on folders. I won't be able to use this theme semi-regularly until some Folder Icons are made.

Though I applaud Suby enthusiastically for not just accepting any artwork (icons, etc) in his theme thread that doesn't conform to his vision. So many themes get ruined by people sharing stuff (with good intentions) that's just not in keeping with the theme's ethos. Then everyone screams "if you don't like it, don't use it".. without really understanding the deeper issue. I'm glad Suby's keeping tight reins here.

And yet we still need folder icons badly.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-08-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    Looks like the icon mask shadow... Gonna have to remake the icon for the frame

Here ya go but you will still get the shadow inbetween the holes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bhrfgl9t2...A_Flixster.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80tfip051x..._Flixster2.png
    Thanks Dark. Any chance you can make it a Pulp Fuction icon for me? For phone as well as iPad. Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Dark. Any chance you can make it a Pulp Fuction icon for me? For phone as well as iPad. Thanks
    No mate, Mac when in for repair today.... Not sure how long it's gonna be out for... Only got a crappy windows 8 laptop without PS on it. Sorry bud
    Last edited by Darka5sa5sin; 06-08-2013 at 07:11 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    No mate, Mac when in for repair today.... Not sure how long it's gonna be out for... Only got a crappy windows 8 laptop with PS on it. Sorry bud
    No problem my friend. Maybe I'll hit ya up later

Thanks

No problem my friend. Maybe I'll hit ya up later
    That's was meant to say without PS... If I can find a copy ill get to it sooner

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    My icon configuration is based heavily on folders. I won't be able to use this theme semi-regularly until some Folder Icons are made.

Though I applaud Suby enthusiastically for not just accepting any artwork (icons, etc) in his theme thread that doesn't conform to his vision. So many themes get ruined by people sharing stuff (with good intentions) that's just not in keeping with the theme's ethos. Then everyone screams "if you don't like it, don't use it".. without really understanding the deeper issue. I'm glad Suby's keeping tight reins here.

And yet we still need folder icons badly.
    It's fine by me
    Agreed

Its impossible to conform someone else's vision, each one of us has its own inspiration and skills.

In my eyes, icons requests look really strange (words like "Hey Suby (or whoever) make this icon for me or that one"),
    I mean What does it really mean to request an icon ? especially when a theme is new
    ignore designer's priorities ?
    ignore other users ?
    just ask what one wants ?... (its a free world, anyone can write whatver he/she wants)
    these sound a bit strange to me, I dont mean to start any conversation on this, I stay silent, just mentioned my thoughts

Similarly to you, I have some folders (not too many), that's why I thought i could make the effort and finally if good enough, to share
    Meaning that I would have to make a lot more that I would need for myself, but it doesnt matter, when we decided to contribute, we go all the way (or at least as far as we can)

So, where do we get to ?
    Start requests, and wait for Suby to make remaining icons ? (to compile to theme's ethos, and if so until when ?)
    or
    accept some (may be less quality, even as temp solutions) and move a bit faster ?

pls, mark that Im saying these to enfavor what i did (i consider this part as closed), just wondering in a friendly conv

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

When did Suby say not to make icons? I believe he just said to consider the quality of posted icons? azalea, he never said he didn't like your folder icons. ( Or any other icons ) please feel free to post your folder icons for people to use.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 06-08-2013 at 07:24 AM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), lizzy954 (06-08-2013), Noobiusmaximus (06-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    When did Suby say not to make icons? I believe he just said to consider the quality of posted icons? azalea, he never said he didn't like your folder icons. ( Or any other icons ) please feel free to post your folder icons for people to use.
    Hey dear Mama
    he didnt comment at all, so i thought it was a gentile no
    (may be its better to say nothing, than no )

I tried to follow his instructions, we had a small talk in pm, thats what i could come up with
    If he agrees, I ll share publicly
    if he doesnt agree, and you still want to use them, (may be until something better comes),
    I ll send them to you in pm (not to spoil theme's ethos )

24. The Following User Says Thank You to azaleea For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-08-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good day to you,,, good day to you !! Another stormy day and it's play time,,, lol actually it was cleanup day and I finally cleaned out my i5, organized my folders and exhaling ,,, feeling great

Gratefully yours creators !!! Thanks ! xo

I found the below and added Sublimity for the final touch !! Gonna chill watch some movies and hang in threads,,, Have a wonderfulllll day and may your day be filled with so many smiles,,,your cheek bones will hurt lolll xoxo

Elizabeth

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizzy954 For This Useful Post:

dapes (06-08-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), mynanolife (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 597 Posts

I think this SB fits the theme well. ImageUploadedByModMyi1370699874.384014.jpg

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delutedsoul For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,224 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Wow, icon making is turning real fun

Cool looking Facebook icon could you share it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Heyyyyy Mynanolife !!

That iwidget was gifted by "Dapes" actually it is two he gifted... The 'smile' blew me away ,,he included other fonts as well as options to change it He also hangs out at dbar ,,,,

Lollll I just knew I was not the only one who needed customization intervention My external is 3TB and I have my precious photos of my family, some software programs, music, movies, videos, i5 and ipad jb goodies and omg,,, my wallpaper folder is up to ,,,whispering (8gbs) lmaooo ,,, then I have another external for backing up my mac via time machine that is 1.5TB lolll I truly feel there is never enough space and to think how fast and inexpensive these externals are being made,,, thinking I should invest in Seagate or WD

Well my friend ,,, you have a wonderful day filled with smiles and YES I will be looking out since I'm rained in
    watched a weird movie with Nicole Kidman but good and now watching 12 rounds reloaded and it is action packed by all definition !! xo

Quote Originally Posted by mynanolife View Post
    Wow that really looks amazing! I have no idea which one is it, at first I thought it was an updated version of Typo5 by Patrick but I'm not sure anymore. haha So tell me, whom can we point as the creator? Can we point you? ;P

Funny you say about your external hard drive because my dropbox is just the same! I have a 100GB plan and almost 20% of it is full of things I didn't even see yet! haha Yesterday I tried making some cleaning and got 3GB back but yet, there's a lot to be removed.

Watch out for the day, I'm going to post some Dropbox icons.
    An awesome set if I should say so myself !!! loll looking forward to the next set Thanks !

I think the original intent was to have it auto-masked if used for an AppStore application icon. One installed from the AppStore I mean. Sublimity has that sublimely centered mask which suits so many themes' icons well !

My icons beneath the mask are Jaku
    Nice mix with Motif theme,,,, credits to the wonderful creators !!n

Quote Originally Posted by Sad_Cat View Post

Attachment 641950
    Last edited by lizzy954; 06-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Elizabeth

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizzy954 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), dapes (06-08-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), mynanolife (06-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sad_Cat View Post

Attachment 641950
    Lookin good! Could you share your music icon?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Just to make things clear. I never said anything about rejecting peoples icons. As MamaJaay clarified, i requested that people take extra time to evaluate the quality of their icons. Most people, would think "well why care, if they post it just dont use it if you dont want to". Well i tend to agree with this, however, people share screen shots and post them, and just want to make sure Sublimity keeps up with its vision of quality.

Now quality is a weird thing. Quality is extremely subjective to one's own opinion. You can ask Slate004, that my vision on quality is very much differnt that most. We actually go back in forth on a lot of themes and ussually disagree. haha

Anyway my point with this post is nothing is more motivating to refine your skills than being apart of a project and contributing. So i encourage anyone to take a stab at making icons. Again just ask that you take a look at it. Put it on your springboard and ask yourself if it matches, if it goes with the appearance. And you may hear me chime in giving pointers, so dont take this as anything other than constructive criticism. I have made many icons for this theme that didnt make the cut because i am most critical on myself.

In fact the reason the zombie tweetbot icon isnt the default, is because i truly dont feel that the zombie tweetbot icon fits in with the rest of the icons. The zombie tweetbot icon is bad arse and probably one of the cooler icons i have made, but i felt it stuck out like a soar thumb and took over the screen. I know a lot disagree with me and love the icon so i included as an alternate for those who prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by azaleea View Post
    Hey dear Mama
    he didnt comment at all, so i thought it was a gentile no
    (may be its better to say nothing, than no )

I tried to follow his instructions, we had a small talk in pm, thats what i could come up with
    If he agrees, I ll share publicly
    if he doesnt agree, and you still want to use them, (may be until something better comes),
    I ll send them to you in pm (not to spoil theme's ethos )
    I must of missed your post. During the week i get pretty busy. I just was promoted to a manager, and on top of that i do have my daughter on some days of the week and i like to not confine myself to my computer on those days and enjoy the time i get to spend with her.

Having looked at your icon i think you made some great improvements! I do encourage you to share and the fact that you came to me personally to get my take shows me that you do care of the vision and want to push your skills to the best.

Suggestions - The straps look much better, i think the bag flap should be a little higher. It seemed to take over to much of the icon. So i would move it up slightly (not a lot just a little). Also the flap seemed to have more detail than the rest of the bag, so i would try and even that out by making the detail on the flap a little less entense. Finding that line between to much detail and not enough is really hard with icons. You will make some icons that look so fantastic on the large canvas and has such great detail, then when shrunk down it will lose a lot of that detail.

2nd the folder logo you have on there (i believe it was a mail icon). This i think needs the most improvement. The effect on it loos almost plastic and not embossed into the leather. Try putting the fill level of that layer to 0 and then using the bevel emboss set to down and probably only size 2px. Then you should have something that looks a little more sunk into it. You may also need to use a color over lay on it set to black, and change the blend mode to overlay or soft light and bring the transparency of that effect down to maybe 10-20 percent.

Hope that helps.

Here is an example of what i mean about balance.. Now this example is no where close to what i would consider a finished icon.. Still much more would need to be refined, and actually some effects that i would have to research on how to do for it to complete my vision. But you can see, the flap is balanced to the bag, and the label (or logo if you wanted to use) looks like its been stamped into the leather.

Last edited by subywrex; 06-08-2013 at 09:45 AM.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-08-2013), azaleea (06-08-2013), BoyBastos (06-09-2013), broflok (06-09-2013), chevymusclecar (06-08-2013), Darrenrooster (06-08-2013), ecofrankenstein (06-09-2013), hemptation (06-08-2013), nealh (06-08-2013), NewdestinyX (06-08-2013), nnfdcane (06-08-2013), P0R7ER (06-08-2013), simer_cool (06-09-2013), Slate004 (06-08-2013)