+ Reply
Page 1630 of 1663 FirstFirst ... 630 1130 1530 1580 162016281629163016311632 1640 ... LastLast
Results 32,581 to 32,600 of 33259

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: elite 6 - a suit and tie affair

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by misterjrw Sorry dude, my bad. Should have mentioned it considering we're on an i5 thread 😬 don't know if you read my post? but i need a
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,657 Times in 4,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misterjrw View Post
    Sorry dude, my bad. Should have mentioned it considering we're on an i5 thread 😬
    don't know if you read my post? but i need a screenshot of your SB with your icons layout ON + Folder BG ON

send it to me in my PM

Thanks

I got the e-mail with the Cydia source for e6, but my phone crashed, I had to restore it and I of course lost everything. Where can I get the source so I can add it to Cydia and get my elite 6 back?

Or e7--whatever the latest one is!

No suggestions?

Got it--thanks!
    Last edited by JurisHP; 01-14-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Modding Addict

Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 725 Posts

I gave up for a few days, but need to ask what the heck am I doing wrong..
    I changed the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png icon in the proper area using SSH but still will not change
    I can bundle up the e6 icons without any issues, but the mask is not working

I am using the mask from the com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder and the e6.icon.slate.theme folder

I'm not feeling very elite

Guess I have really been out the game for a min
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to map1978 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-14-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    I gave up for a few days, but need to ask what the heck am I doing wrong..
    I changed the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png icon in the proper area using SSH but still will not change
    I can bundle up the e6 icons without any issues, but the mask is not working

I am using the mask from the com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder and the e6.icon.slate.theme folder

I'm not feeling very elite

Guess I have really been out the game for a min
    1- the mask should be 120x120

2- if your doing a manual icon teming.. which mean.. having all the icons framed to elite6.. the automask is kind useless in this case lol

3 - if your NOT doing a manual theming.. the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png is usefull.. because when you have a square icon ( 120x120 ).. it cut the shape for you whenever you download a application from appstore/cydia&stock ( like the ios7)

4 - if everything is correct from your "com.apple.mobileicons.framework" just uncheck everything from winterboard.. only your theme has to be with a checkmark & make sure is at the top of your winterboard list & respring with winterboard

Take note that some bundle name has been changed from ios6 & ios7 & also the icon names are not same for most of the applications

example the Passbook.. it was "Shoebox.app" on ios6 and now it's "Passbook.app" on ios7

before : com.apple.Shoebox
    now : com.apple.Passbook

it's a pain in the … lol, i've created 100 bundles until now for Ezra2 StylePack White Edition, i will share in 2 weeks.. tested all the applications.. and all have been themed without any problem.. with the proper icon name
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 01-14-2014 at 09:25 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (01-15-2014), jeff2093lin (01-15-2014), joe97 (01-15-2014), map1978 (01-14-2014), metaserph (01-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi85 View Post
    1- the mask should be 120x120

2- if your doing a manual icon teming.. which mean.. having all the icons framed to elite6.. the automask is kind useless in this case lol

3 - if your NOT doing a manual theming.. the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png is usefull.. because when you have a square icon ( 120x120 ).. it cut the shape for you whenever you download a application from appstore/cydia&stock ( like the ios7)

4 - if everything is correct from your "com.apple.mobileicons.framework" just uncheck everything from winterboard.. only your theme has to be with a checkmark & make sure is at the top of your winterboard list & respring with winterboard

Take note that some bundle name has been changed from ios6 & ios7 & also the icon names are not same for most of the applications

example the Passbook.. it was "shoebox.app" on ios6 and now it's "Passbook.app" on ios7

before : com.apple.Shoebox
    now : com.apple.Passbook

it's a pain in the … lol, i've created 100 bundles until now for Ezra2 StylePack White Edition, i will share in 2 weeks.. tested all the applications.. and all have been themed without any problem.. with the proper icon name
    Thanks for the detailed response Bacardi

I was doing manual initially but since WB was updated I figured I go the bundle method

I got all the default iOS apps themed with the changes as well

The com.apple.mobileicons.framework is directly from the paid theme…do I need to add everything or just the mask? I did not change the mask to 120x120 (thanks for that) but still nothing

Icons change no problems its just the mask so I know its me, the user, making the error

Damn I am rusty
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to map1978 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-14-2014), iRyanKGT (01-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response Bacardi

I was doing manual initially but since WB was updated I figured I go the bundle method

I got all the default iOS apps themed with the changes as well

The com.apple.mobileicons.framework is directly from the paid theme…do I need to add everything or just the mask? I did not change the mask to 120x120 (thanks for that) but still nothing

Icons change no problems its just the mask so I know its me, the user, making the error

Damn I am rusty
    you don't have to add everything.. here my ezra2 for ios7.. those are the most important.. specially AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png

depend how you create your mask on PS, example if you look the mask of ios7 the black area show the icon and the white area cut the square shape.. has you can see on my screenshot.. the black part hide the corners of my 120x120 square shape, and the white area show my icon loool.. i do it differently than the others

but if you doing a manual theming with the image+elite6 frame.. all in one.. you won't see any difference.. only when you download a app it will show you the ios7 original icon shape.. which mean this one --> DefaultIcon-60@2x~iphone.png

sometimes it's hard to explain instead of doing it

just create a new com.apple.mobileicons.framework and backup the one from your original theme.. if you leave it.. it might have the conflict with the one you created

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (01-15-2014), map1978 (01-15-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SBSettings was not updated to ios7 yet but it works on iP4/iP5 on ios7 ( iP5s not supported yet )
    Ohh ok, thanks for the info! Have u heard of it causing any problems?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to girliegirl350z For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-14-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl350z View Post
    Ohh ok, thanks for the info! Have u heard of it causing any problems?
    don't have any problem on my 4S.. can't tell you for iP5 & didn't hear anyone complaining about any problems for now

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

girliegirl350z (01-14-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone flasHQuik's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone Share the white Respring picture? Link doesnt work anymore :-)
    #flash

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/xa39.jpg//

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flasHQuik View Post
    #flash

the both link works fine in my post, just tested on page 1599 & 1602

My iPhone is a Part of Me Papichulo74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 Times in 658 Posts

Edit
    Last edited by Papichulo74; 01-15-2014 at 03:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought Elite 6 theme and applied it to my iPhone 5. It looks great but some of the buttons and text are so tiny I can barely see what they are unless I hold it 5" from my eyes.

Very complete theme but IMO its unusable for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo1dr View Post
    I bought Elite 6 theme and applied it to my iPhone 5. It looks great but some of the buttons and text are so tiny I can barely see what they are unless I hold it 5" from my eyes.

Very complete theme but IMO its unusable for me.
    wait for ELI7E for ios7, they working hard to get something sharp 👍 elite6 was not updated for ios7 yet.. a lot if stuff will not support if you trying to ise elite6 on ios7 WB

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

Heine (01-16-2014), iRyanKGT (01-16-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 6.1.2. I'm not updating to IOS7 until programs and Cydia stuff quits working or until I know things are more stable with IOS7.

The buttons/symbols seem to be made for non-retina devices and when they are on retina displays, they are very tiny.
    Last edited by Turbo1dr; 01-15-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

Bacardi I've finally got a bit of time to play with this and I'm having the same trouble map1978 was with getting the app store icons to theme. I've backed up and re-created the com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder and replaced the one originally in the theme with no luck. Here are a couple of images of what I have, maybe you can use your Elite x-ray vision to see what I'm missing-

elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-img_1092.png elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-screen-shot-2014-01-15-7.32.18-pm.png
    elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-screen-shot-2014-01-15-7.34.39-pm.png

yes the first folder inside com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder is Bundles, and the app icon masks etc.. are inside it.

I've also cleared the com.apple.IconsCache with no luck-
    Last edited by joe97; 01-15-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3239680&dateline=1295  582579

Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,594 Posts

I'm on 6.1.2. I'm not updating to IOS7 until programs and Cydia stuff quits working or until I know things are more stable with IOS7.
    The only way I'm updating to ios7 is when EVERTHING is working properly like the old times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    Bacardi I've finally got a bit of time to play with this and I'm having the same trouble map1978 was with getting the app store icons to theme. I've backed up and re-created the com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder and replaced the one originally in the theme with no luck. Here are a couple of images of what I have, maybe you can use your Elite x-ray vision to see what I'm missing-

yes the first folder inside com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder is Bundles, and the app icon masks etc.. are inside it.

I've also cleared the com.apple.IconsCache with no luck-
    okey on your screenshot i don't see any problem.. the icons all are framed on your 1st screenshot.. only thing is the frame is a mask.. so you won't see the elite6 frame.. unless you theming manually with image+e6 frame all in one.. so you will se the complete frame of elite6

the one i did on your 3th screenshot it's a mask of elite6.. if you look closely you can see at the bottom on the icons.. it's there but more transparent

the google icon and the other one in red are framed.. but not themed yet.. you might have to ask someone to create thoses icon for you.. or create your own.. so it can match with the others.. put them in a in a "Folders" or "Bundles" with the proper bundle or folder name.. samething for the icon names and it will work

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    The only way I'm updating to ios7 is when EVERTHING is working properly like the old times.
    the bad news is.. you want or not.. unfortunately we all have no choice to update to ios7 today or tomorrow.. because when the dev create applications/tweaks/themes.. they all focus on ios7.. like i said to "Heine" today the appstore application will no longer work for ios6 trust me.. i wish they can do a section of ios6 applications and ios7 section

it won't happen unfortunately.. and all the application that your using now.. it will no longer support ios6

so dude but sometimes true stuff hurts

The buttons/symbols seem to be made for non-retina devices and when they are on retina displays, they are very tiny.
    do you have a screenshot? visual stuff always could help people to see the problem 👍
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 01-15-2014 at 07:37 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (01-16-2014), Jennimoaddict (01-16-2014), joe97 (01-15-2014)

Thanks

Thanks Bacardi I do now remember reading that at some point in the last few days. I'm following a couple other themes right now so I don't know for sure if it was this one or one of the others, at any rate that little tidbit got lost somewhere in all of that reading and trying to remember it all. Looks like it's time to hammer down with PS and get this show on the road!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3239680&dateline=1295  582579

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-15-2014), iRyanKGT (01-16-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have a screenshot? visual stuff always could help people to see the problem 
    Here is a screenshot of the music player buttons. You can barely tell there are arrows in the circles. The dialer also has very tiny circles for the # * and the add contact, call & delete graphics. You can barely tell what is inside those circles on the iPhone display. IMO, those graphics need to be up-sized to the size of the "Genius" symbol you see in the screenshot.

Also, it's got nothing to do with icons being resized by other apps. I've looked at the dialer graphic, music graphic and their buttons directly from the e6 com.apple.mobilephone folder.

Obviously, theme guys cant satisfy everyone but I'm positive I'm not the only one that has "zoomed up" to their phones face just to see what's there.

elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-img_3524.png

Here is the original dialer graphic...

elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-dialerview-normal-568h-2x-iphone.png

Modified dialer graphic (buttons) I'm using now...

elite 6 - a suit and tie affair-img_3525.png

Another thing I noticed when using small graphic buttons. Generally, when a button is pushed your finger is over the center of it. You will never see the center of the "*pushed in button*. Kinda pointless to take the extra time to design colored "pushed in" buttons when you cant see them unless your finger is off to the side of it.

The flashlight button in the notification center is GREEN when the light is off. I would have thought the button would be RED when its off and GREEN when its on, like the WiFi.

Please take this as constructive criticism. The theme is well worth the money....it's just not as thought out as I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Turbo1dr; 01-15-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks

Here is a screenshot of the music player buttons. You can barely tell there are arrows in the circles. The dialer also has very tiny circles for the # * and the add contact, call & delete graphics. You can barely tell what is inside those circles on the iPhone display. IMO, those graphics need to be up-sized to the size of the "Genius" symbol you see in the screenshot.

Also, it's got nothing to do with icons being resized by other apps. I've looked at the dialer graphic, music graphic and their buttons directly from the e6 com.apple.mobilephone folder.

Obviously, theme guys cant satisfy everyone but I'm positive I'm not the only one that has "zoomed up" to their phones face just to see what's there.

Here is the original dialer graphic...

Modified dialer graphic (buttons) I'm using now...
    now i can see what you mean.. but unfortunately this is the Bars style..to be honest i have no issue to see where the call/ * & # is.. on my iPod Touch 4G on 6.1.3, if you like big script.. than this theme is not for you

no one complained until now about the script issue that was to small since i was at the beggining of this thread

i think we all know the dialer by heart.. even there no script at the top of the buttons lool

this modification need PSD and no one will get it from Bars

and for the music.. the script is the original from apple.. nothing to do with elite

there is a option in the settings for the text size.. it works for the settings.. but not sure if that can take effect to music app

sorry mate
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 01-16-2014 at 06:30 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (01-16-2014)