+ Reply
Page 87 of 171 FirstFirst ... 37 778586878889 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3414

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strife for iPhone 5/4S/4 & iPod Touch 5 [PRE-RELEASE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Krima Did u disable the strife dylib and the. Remove from Cydia? I went back to default ios, and then I disabled strife in sbsettings and resprung
    iPhone? More like MyPhone driftzorz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Did u disable the strife dylib and the. Remove from Cydia?
    I went back to default ios, and then I disabled strife in sbsettings and resprung before deleting strife completely through cydia. This was all for the original when end said it was now available on cydia. I have never had a problem updating since. When ever there is an update I simply update in cydia with the theme running still and everything works fine.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Gosh it seems like a bunch of combinations to me

If your in strife and update or in default iOS and update?

Do you disable strife then uninstall?

Do you uninstall then reboot or delete than reinstall and reboot

Lol and does it matter which device you have that makes these certain apps install and uninstall properly?

Not really questions just something people can all log down on. I wonder if there's another dylib themed that can use his input on what's happening.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    @endfinity
    How about a digital live clock tile?
    Bcs sadly removed his

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laspecas For This Useful Post:

Jamesandthegiantkeg (04-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    If I recall correctly, to fix a missing plist error requires uninstalling & reinstalling Dreamboard.
    i also have the plist error and i uninstalled and reinstalled dreamboard and strife couple of times and it still doesnt work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to udiflpb For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driftzorz View Post
    I went back to default ios, and then I disabled strife in sbsettings and resprung before deleting strife completely through cydia. This was all for the original when end said it was now available on cydia. I have never had a problem updating since. When ever there is an update I simply update in cydia with the theme running still and everything works fine.
    The only reason I asked is because u r not suppose to disable a dylib and then uninstall through Cydia. It can be dangerous.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013)

Thanks

Don't worry about the modmyi tile if it is made by bcscustom, as we should respect his wishes to not share any of his stuff as he no longer wants to. I will though take the Xbox one if that isn't his.

For me I disabled the theme when end told us to delete it through Cydia. I disabled it and deleted it through Cydia I also made sure to turn off strife in sbsettings just in case before deleting. I have been updating while running strife for every update that comes out and I have yet to have a single safe mode/plist error with this theme. I guess maybe make sure you turn strife off in sbsettings, respring, delete through cydia, respring, then turn on strife again in sbsettings if its off still and reactivate the theme

Probably doesn't help any but just giving my input of how I have been updating.

Here u go Bro I think I figured it out, let me know if you can download my Xbox Tile from my link below, if not then just shoot me your email and ill send it to you that way.......Hope this helps

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...boxavatars.zip

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xXMR PERFECTXx For This Useful Post:

driftzorz (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXMR PERFECTXx View Post
    Here u go Bro I think I figured it out, let me know if you can download my Xbox Tile from my link below, if not then just shoot me your email and ill send it to you that way.......Hope this helps

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...boxavatars.zip
    Thanks so much for sharing man. Downloaded it and pinned it but its showing up as a little tile. I see it says islargetile
    Yes
    But idk at work so I will mess with it later

The only reason I asked is because u r not suppose to disable a dylib and then uninstall through Cydia. It can be dangerous.
    Uh well nobody listen to me then haha. I guess I just got lucky!
    Last edited by driftzorz; 04-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct krima, that can be dangerous and cause quite a few problems.

On a Brighter note:

Been working with End just now, there's light at the end of the tunnel, managed to resolve my error and he is testing this with a couple others to confirm, if it works he will push a fix out to Cydia. So far so good
    Last edited by bcscustom; 04-12-2013 at 01:58 PM.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013), AoSHJ (04-12-2013), DannyZ83 (04-12-2013), fancoil (04-12-2013), Krima (04-12-2013), rayndog3 (04-12-2013), rmax67 (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Correct krima, that can be dangerous and cause quite a few problems.

On a Brighter note:

Been working with End just now, there's light at the end of the tunnel, managed to resolve my error and he is testing this with a couple others to confirm, if it works he will push a fix out to Cydia. So far so good
    Can I ask the reason why it would cause problems? I have never been told this so im curious now because i guess I could have f'd some stuff up haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey I can help also

Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing man. Downloaded it and pinned it but its showing up as a little tile. I see it says islargetile
    Yes
    But idk at work so I will mess with it later

Uh well nobody listen to me then haha. I guess I just got lucky!
    Get rid of that info.plist crap. Rename it Tile.plist not info.plist and make sure inside its named

IsLargeTile

Not

isLargeTile

Make sure it's Capitol I downloaded it on mine and checked

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013), driftzorz (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Get rid of that info.plist crap. Rename it Tile.plist not info.plist and make sure inside its named

IsLargeTile

Not

isLargeTile

Make sure it's Capitol I downloaded it on mine and checked
    Ok manager left early for the day haha. Hey that did the trick right there! Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I ask the reason why it would cause problems? I have never been told this so im curious now because i guess I could have f'd some stuff up haha
    When you disable a program thru SBsettings mobile substrate, it renames the file with a .disable at the end of it in the dynamic libraries folder. So for example only, if you had strife installed in dynamic libraries the dylib is called strife.dylib. When you disable it its renamed to strife.disable.

Now if you go to remove the program from Cydia, Cydia will pull all the files it originally installed. So in our example it would look for strife.dylib, not find it and leave the strife.disable in the dynamic libraries folder. So now let's say you installed that program again, you would now have 2 files with the same dylib, but one would be disabled, if you activated the old one again it would fail because mobile substrate thought it was deleted and has no idea what to do with the old dylib. Much worse, it may try to run both dylib a and crash the system if you tried activating both at the same time.

So that's why there's a big red warning in the SBsettings mobile substrate page.

Btw, I'm over my hissy fit and activated the old links, if you were looking for something earlier and couldn't download it, try it again, the links are active once again.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 04-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013), AoSHJ (04-12-2013), cl1ck4207 (04-12-2013), driftzorz (04-12-2013), fancoil (04-12-2013), futureryo (04-12-2013), Habibeez (04-12-2013), miroppb (04-12-2013), mvensjip (04-12-2013), rayndog3 (04-12-2013), Renshai (04-15-2013), rmax67 (04-12-2013), Silverado1987 (04-12-2013)

Thanks

That does make sense though

Also your hissy fit was necessary. I too know how you feel but I get over it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When you disable a program thru SBsettings mobile substrate, it renames the file with a .disable at the end of it in the dynamic libraries folder. So for example only, if you had strife installed in dynamic libraries the dylib is called strife.dylib. When you disable it its renamed to strife.disable.

Now if you go to remove the program from Cydia, Cydia will pull all the files it originally installed. So in our example it would look for strife.dylib, not find it and leave the strife.disable in the dynamic libraries folder. So now let's say you installed that program again, you would now have 2 files with the same dylib, but one would be disabled, if you activated the old one again it would fail because mobile substrate thought it was deleted and has no idea what to do with the old dylib. Much worse, it may try to run both dylib a and crash the system if you tried activating both at the same time.

So that's why there's a big red warning in the SBsettings mobile substrate page.

Btw, I'm over my hissy fit and activated the old links, if you were looking for something earlier and couldn't download it, try it again, the links are active once again.
    Thanks also if you have any upcoming tiles i would love to upload them if its ok with you and you will be credited as the author

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zutx For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the explanation bc! And thanks for reactivating your links. No harm done with your "hissy" fit. I can totally undertand why and hopefully you were able to accept my apology for the weather tile mishap.

Now if only we could sugar coat you enough to get you to share the new stuff you said you had

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driftzorz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A quick tip I just did was in all the tiles I downloaded from other people (being the original creators of course) I made a folder named Credits and in there is a file with the name of the person so if anyone that does use the tiles I have. At least the credits to whom they belong too get passed around

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013), AoSHJ (04-12-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013), cl1ck4207 (04-12-2013), DannyZ83 (04-12-2013), Paswrd (04-12-2013)

Thanks

That "hissy fit" is exactly why I don't even take credit for stuff I post, it sucks having someone take credit your hard work. But no harm no fowl. I was thinking we should start adding a "commented out" author tag to these tiles just so people can find out who did what, and so people like me can give proper credit if we edit and/or repost

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to futureryo For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Many thanks in advance! I'm not sure if I have any of your tiles but the Facebook one you mentioned earlier sounds pretty awesome! Would you be so kind as to share that with the rest of us who can't do what you do?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jgrossman9 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013)

Thanks

Just a thought for all the tiles people have made. I know Zutx has a repo going, but not everyone has submitted their work to him.

Perhaps a new thread some where that can link all the current work and authors of those items. I've been following the theme since nearly page 1, so I can understand if a new person too it has trouble finding the original links and to say a quick thanks. At nearly 100 pages to this thread it's a nightmare looking back for things.

Once again thanks to all who have contributed to Ends amazing theme. Beta or not this theme is simple stunning. Every day progress is made and I look forward to each small feature that gets added to it.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to gigglyomnioronicon For This Useful Post:

Paswrd (04-12-2013)