+ Reply
Page 84 of 171 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3414

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strife for iPhone 5/4S/4 & iPod Touch 5 [PRE-RELEASE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
@bcs You'll get a big thank if you could post me the clock tile Im sorry that you feel so
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    @bcs
    You'll get a big thank if you could post me the clock tile
    Im sorry that you feel so

iPhone? More like MyPhone driftzorz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Just so you know, I had fixed my original weather tile and was ready to post it before you went on the Uniaw thread and posted it there for somebody to fix because you thought I had abandoned it. In reality, I have a job, wife and life and couldnt work on it til later that week, buts that ok, the.drifter posted a couple of nice weather tiles, I wonder how many downloads he got out of his 9 thanks??

Im sure hes not gonna be posting anymore here either, the man has 3000 thanks for only 450 posts, Im sure he is gonna post only where his work is appreciated....
    Sorry to offend you. Hadn't seen you post in a while thought maybe you where no longer working on this theme. I did in fact give you credit though and all I was asking was for someone to show me what I needed to change in the location.js. You had said you were working on something but then didn't hear back from you for a while. Yes I did go take it to the uniaw thread where I knew I had seen them working on a new location.js. Sorry I made sure I told them hey bcscustom made this. If you all want to start a PayPal or something me along with others would probably be more then happy to pay for your custom tiles.

Again sorry to have offended you. I hope you can accept my apology. Also like I said think about a Repo or something for your tiles where we can pay. I for sure would like to see continued work from you.

Also I feel like everyone can now blame me for bcscustom not wanting to share. Sorry to everyone. To the shadows I go.
    Last edited by driftzorz; 04-11-2013 at 10:43 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driftzorz For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-12-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

@bcs and Danny, I love ya work. When I use OS7 on my iphone 4 back then, I only use ya work because to me it was best to work with this theme and makes it complete. Could ya make a repo for ya work? I would definitely pay for it. If some don't like it then o well too bad for them, should of thank ya in the beginning. If they want it then they have to pay for it

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel212 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-12-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I will still share some stuff when I can I was just saying that I know how BCS feels. I will mess with some Tiles and UI stuff for myself and share if people want but won't be till sometime next week

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DannyZ83 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-12-2013), AoSHJ (04-12-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013), Daniel212 (04-11-2013), driftzorz (04-11-2013), Habibeez (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The music live tile won't install for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    I will still share some stuff when I can I was just saying that I know how BCS feels. I will mess with some Tiles and UI stuff for myself and share if people want but won't be till sometime next week
    Great, 😄 thanks man I really appreciate your hard work, I can't use this theme without your UI. It feels incomplete without it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel212 For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    plist not found error after update... really? i just paid for this too -.-

someone kno how to fix this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteralvarez91 View Post
    plist not found error after update... really? i just paid for this too -.-

someone kno how to fix this?
    Reboot your device then try to load Strife again

iPhone? More like MyPhone TheHighFlying's Avatar
    Thanks

If I tap on the banner when I receive a message, it opens the application "Message".
    How can I change to biteSMS?
    Thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I loved this theme until the latest update. After installing 1.0.2 and respringing, Dreamboard gives me an error that the "Theme plist could not be found" and shows the original ios menu.

I have resorted to downloading 1.0.1 from another repo to hold me over until this issue is fixed. Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is very sad that people are downloading and using other peoples tiles without at least a little gratitude. I always thank when I download something and even sometimes when I don't just cos I appreciate the time and effort that goes into doing something that I never could. I don't blame you for keeping your tiles to yourself and won't ask you to share them as you have a right to be annoyed with the lack of appreciation. Just for the record I very much appreciate all your efforts on this and the other themes that I've had the joy of using and modding with your great tiles and tweaks Cheers!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AoSHJ For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (04-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PabloCrj23's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=xXMR PERFECTXx;6833795]Still a work in progress to get it back looking how i had it before i started having problems but after a couple days of plist errors and size mismatch errors with this theme I finally traced the source and got it back working for me again, a couple more Live Tiles to go and ill be back to my old look again.

Attachment 631847
    Attachment 631848
    Attachment 631849

Good to see my iFile and Flipboard live tiles moving in someone's theme. This Flipboard one was just an experiment because what I realy wanted was the vertical slide like the app does. Maybe try this weeked and post it. There is a lot of possibilies with this theme.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PabloCrj23 For This Useful Post:

cl1ck4207 (04-12-2013), xXMR PERFECTXx (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just amazing how people are sharing my live tiles around like they are hot cakes. Not even a mention on who created them and originally posted them. I would have left my links live if you folks would have shown a little appreciation.. Come on now, 578 downloads of my weather tile and only 6 thanks?? 416 downloads of my Modmyi rss tile and only 6 thanks?

You guys even linked to my stuff on the Metroon thread for the hummingbird video tile and others without even a mention as to who made them. Then download the crap out of them and only 2 thanks on that release post on the Metroon mods thread?

So that's why my links are down, I had made some really cool new live tiles ready to post , new Facebook feed, twitter feed, live battery percentage tile, live compass tile, and a couple other goodies, but with the little appreciation I get around here, I'm just gonna keep them for private use now.

Enjoy my old tiles, because your getting nothing new from me anymore. Try making your own, and see how many hours you spend on them to get maybe 10 thanks out of a 1000 downloads.
    I've been in the modding scene for over 10 years now (mainly games however), and this is nothing new to see.

I haven't payed a lot of attention to your posts, but have you ever mentioned that redistribution requires credit be given? If you don't tell people, then they won't know and they won't credit you (granted, there will always be the few people who don't anyway). Even telling them to link to the original post instead of a download link would be best.

I don't mean to be the guy to go against you, I know too well what it's like to be in that situation. But you need to stop and think about it - are you doing these things for the recognition and the fame? Or are you making them because you think it's fun and think they're awesome and want people to enjoy them too? Which one is more important to you?

When I make something I'm truly proud of I want people to see it - I definitely love it when people thank me for it or praise me for it, I'm sure we all do, but I don't stop sharing my stuff with people who do thank me just because a lot of people don't. It's the internet, this thing happens. Compare it to a video game company who's dealing with piracy - they can either stop making games altogether, put up some crappy DRM or just make awesome games and let it all play out. IMO the last option is the best one.

To tell you the truth I've known who you were way before I joined this forum, mainly because of the themes I've used in the last 6 months since I started jailbreaking - almost every HTML widget I've ever downloaded had BCS in the name, either of the rar, the folder or in the files. You're a legend man, just because people don't show appreciation through "thanks" in the forums doesn't mean they don't appreciate it. The fact that they're all sharing the tiles between themes and eachother is a sign of how much they like them, it's appreciation in itself.

Anyway I went off on a tangent there, I haven't posted this much on a forum in years! :P I just hate seeing fantastic work that everyone would love because of something like this. It's a shame... I won't lie though, post like yours always do the same thing - you fish for credit and recognition, then once you're satisfied you release whatever it was you had anyway.
    Last edited by styves; 04-12-2013 at 04:01 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to styves For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-12-2013), artfuldodger333 (04-12-2013), bcscustom (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Just amazing how people are sharing my live tiles around like they are hot cakes. Not even a mention on who created them and originally posted them. I would have left my links live if you folks would have shown a little appreciation.. Come on now, 578 downloads of my weather tile and only 6 thanks?? 416 downloads of my Modmyi rss tile and only 6 thanks?

You guys even linked to my stuff on the Metroon thread for the hummingbird video tile and others without even a mention as to who made them. Then download the crap out of them and only 2 thanks on that release post on the Metroon mods thread?

So that's why my links are down, I had made some really cool new live tiles ready to post , new Facebook feed, twitter feed, live battery percentage tile, live compass tile, and a couple other goodies, but with the little appreciation I get around here, I'm just gonna keep them for private use now.

Enjoy my old tiles, because your getting nothing new from me anymore. Try making your own, and see how many hours you spend on them to get maybe 10 thanks out of a 1000 downloads.
    Wow! Why does all the interesting stuff happen after I go to sleep? I know that is hard to do live tiles. I've only edited 2 live tile, and posted one but don't take any credit because I don't typically know where it came from. 4-5 message board with 100s of pages is a lot to keep track of, but I personally appreciate the work you do. I know I can't fill your shoes (I suck at coding, lol)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to futureryo For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Quick tip for all those running iPhone 4's. the current iOS 6 shsh blobs don't work so you would not be able to restore back to iOS 6.1.2 but instead be forced to update to 6.1.3 with a tethered jailbreak. An update to Redsnow will be released soon to fix this problem

http://www.saurik.com/id/15

24. The Following User Says Thank You to artfuldodger333 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In reality, I have a job, wife and life and couldnt work on it til later that week, buts that ok
    That's the reason why I really appreciate your work here.
    In a real life, you must have real passion to find free time to work also on this: I see from my side, when I'm back home at 8pm and it's really hard to pick up my phone, just to check of any news or app to install and test - hey man, but in your "job, wife and life" you miss one daughter and two (female) cats...
    Anyway, when a time consuming 'hobby' becomes something anyone benefits from, it's the least anyone can do to say 'thanks a lot'.

So, Bcscustom, I wanna tell you once more many thanks for your time and your great work here!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fancoil For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (04-12-2013), zinjen (04-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im having a problem with last update, its giving me " Theme plist not found".

any help?

Green Apple Jamesandthegiantkeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMRR View Post

any help?
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesandthegiantkeg View Post
    +1
    Me too :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMRR View Post

any help?
    Your gonna just have to wait till end fixes this problem I would say