Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146154155156157158 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3412

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strife for iPhone 5/4S/4 & iPod Touch 5 [PRE-RELEASE]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool feature, going to the app list during update...never noticed the progress bar there before.

As a side note, I'd love to be able to put my own custom background in to fill that 'gutter space' on the right side, like I could in OS7. I guess it will be moot when Paragon is released...but, just sayin'...

Sort of like this...

-switchmonkey.png

The flipping number animations on the classic tiles are great! Perhaps they can work that way on the new flip tiles some day...

Nonetheless...This theme rocks! Thanks End...and Thanks to Matchstic for my very own custom color-selecting photo preferences.
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 06-27-2013 at 08:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013), Matchstic (06-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PabloCrj23 View Post
    Wow, awesome as always, Endfinity. Thanks a lot for the update. I was a couple of days testing IOS 7 beta 2 and just switched back. Now I am preparing my iPhone as it was, and your new notification is working right. Before it only showed the sender's name, but now testing it there is also the message. Thanks for the other features too, like the ability to install apps without the need to go to springboard and the other things. It is indeed the best WP7 theme ever created.

Ha, ha now I see the problem. My background is white because I use a dark grew for my tiles. As the notifications are black, that's why I didn't see them, just the name on white. Is it a way to change the message to other colors.

Thanks!
    My mind has no limits!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Cool feature, going to the app list during update...never noticed the progress bar there before.

As a side note, I'd love to be able to put my own custom background in to fill that 'gutter space' on the right side, like I could in OS7. I guess it will be moot when Paragon is released...but, just sayin'...

Sort of like this...

-switchmonkey.png

The flipping number animations on the classic tiles are great! Perhaps they can work that way on the new flip tiles some day...

Nonetheless...This theme rocks! Thanks End...and Thanks to Matchstic for my very own custom color-selecting photo preferences.

If you are not on iPhone 5, I think bcscustom's (The.Drifter) overlay can make a trick

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PabloCrj23 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PabloCrj23 View Post
    If you are not on iPhone 5, I think bcscustom's (The.Drifter) overlay can make a trick
    @Drifter: Is this true? I am a 4S user.

@Drifter again: I have myLocation version 1.1 and I have to respring for the my weather tile to update (large 2-day static) Is there a newer version of myLocation that will fix this?
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 06-28-2013 at 01:06 AM.

@Drifter: Is this true? I am a 4S user.
    The overlays were designed to work for OS7:Revive and IOS5. I have no plans of bringing the Overlays to Strife or IOS6, Sorry.

@Drifter again: I have myLocation version 1.1 and I have to respring for the my weather tile to update (large 2-day static) Is there a newer version of myLocation that will fix this?
    What's not updating? The weather or your location when traveling?
    Did you download from the updated weather versions I posted a few pages back?
    I have versions that show you a update time when the widget refreshed, try using that version to double check.

Let me know what's not updating and we can go from there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013), PabloCrj23 (06-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    What's not updating? The weather or your location when traveling?
    Did you download from the updated weather versions I posted a few pages back?
    I have versions that show you a update time when the widget refreshed, try using that version to double check.

Let me know what's not updating and we can go from there.
    I am using the static tile with 2 day forecast. The update is currently set to 2 minutes. and it displays the update time in the top right corner.. I have a myLocation.txt in my Documents folder which updates when I move around and this gives me 'local' weather in both Yahoo weather app and Apples weather app. The tile itself does not update either weather or location unless I respring. When I respring, the city name displayed is some 50 km away from my location.

Edit: I have changed the gps in config.js to 'true' and put my locale code in there as well. It seems to work for now, as long as I stay local. I can manually change the myLocation.txt file to any coordinates in the world and it won't update location until I respring (with gps set to 'false' in config.js)
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 06-28-2013 at 02:05 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-28-2013)

I am using the static tile with 2 day forecast. The update is currently set to 2 minutes. and it displays the update time in the top right corner.. I have a myLocation.txt in my Documents folder which updates when I move around and this gives me 'local' weather in both Yahoo weather app and Apples weather app. The tile itself does not update either weather or location unless I respring. When I respring, the city name displayed is some 50 km away from my location.
    Interesting...

Just so you know, the myLocation.txt has nothing to do with yahoo's weather app or Apples weather app.
    The myLocation.txt is only used for jailbroken devices that run Weather Widgets.

For the myLocation.txt to be updated, you need to enable location services for the myLocation app then open the myLocation App on your springboard. The middle option is "sig change", which means that the myLocation App will update the myLocation.txt file in your documents folder only when there is a significant change in your coordinates. Set GPS on to constantly update your location info in the myLocation.txt file.

All GPS weather widgets will then query the myLocation.txt file to get your coordinates, then it use yahoo's geo-location services to find your city and display the weather.

This only works if you set the GPS = true option on most config.js's widget coders provide.

This is entirely different than how Yahoo's and Apples weather apps get their location info. They use native IOS API's to perform that function. So just because Yahoo's and Apples weather updates, doesnt mean that your Widget weather will update, they rely on entirely different methods and are not tied to each other.

To verify that the myLocation App is actually updating you myLocation.txt file in your documents folder, before you leave your start point open the myLocation.txt file and make note of the coordinates. Travel to your destination then open the myLocation.txt file again, there should be different coordinates if everything is working. If not, then you need to open the app and set your GPS or Sig Chg on etc...

All weather widgets that use the myLocation.txt are designed to update your Location in your Weather Widgets within 20 seconds of a change. That is what the Location.js is coded to do and does work properly on most devices. All my weather widgets will update within that time frame on my two devices, and for most people too.

For the people who follow the UniAW thread in which most of our weather widget are base coded from, they fave found a solution that works for some, but not for others.

Two methods to try:

Go to IOS settings --> Reset --> Reset Location & Privacy

this has been posted to help some with refresh issues on GPS myLocation.txt queries.

another method, similar and a little more drastic is:

Go to IOS settings --> Reset --> Reset All Settings

this will reset all IOS and Jailbreak setting back to their default, and may cause you some safe mode issues until you set your settings back to where you had them. You will not lose your jailbreak, but can be frustrating if you dont know what your doing.

------------------------------------------------------

I have also found, that with IOS6, Apple uses a uiWebView Cache system and that has caused some trouble on some devices when using jquery. Seems that the info doesnt get its updated info directly from the query results, but from a cache. So the result on those devices is no change in query results and thus, no updated info.

So if the above methods dont work for you, I have another possible solution. I have modified a Location.js to disable querying data from the uiWebView cache. This has helped with my latest Battery and RAM stat widgets and may help in your instance too.

Download this Special Location.js I appended, unzip and replace the one in your Weather Tiles Folder.

Drifters Location NoCache.zip

Remember, this will only work if your myLocation.txt file coordinates are actually changing when you travel by the myLocation App.
    So please verify that first before you try any of these methods.

Good Luck, hopefully one of these methods will work on your device

Note: If I have to type myLocation one more time I will snap
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013), artfuldodger333 (06-28-2013), DannyZ83 (06-28-2013), Switchmonkey (06-28-2013)

Thanks

@Drifter: Update: I tried all the steps, myLocation was updating as advertised. Still no luck. I replaced the 'Location.js' Works like a charm! The only issue now is the incorrect city name. I'll live with that for now. Thanks for your time and patience with this!

myLocation = not that bad!

@Drifter: Update: I tried all the steps, myLocation was updating as advertised. Still no luck. I replaced the 'Location.js' Works like a charm! The only issue now is the incorrect city name. I'll live with that for now. Thanks for your time and patience with this!

myLocation = not that bad!
    Glad to hear my Location.js mod worked for Hopefully this will work for others too

for the city name:

Edit the config.js and try changing the UseNeighborhood and/or UseCityGPS to either true/false.

Try setting both to false first,
    if that don't help try cityGPS=true, neighborhood=false,
    or the opposite if that don't work either.

One of the combinations should fix it

Don't forget to respring after you make your config.js changes.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-28-2013 at 03:25 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013), Switchmonkey (06-28-2013)

Thanks

Glad to hear my Location.js mod worked for Hopefully this will work for others too

for the city name:

Edit the config.js and try changing the UseNeighborhood and/or UseCityGPS to either true/false.

Try setting both to false first,
    if that don't help try cityGPS=true, neighborhood=false,
    or the opposite if that don't work either.

One of the combinations should fix it

Don't forget to respring after you make your config.js changes.
    Ohh Yeah! False on both worked! Once again...Thanks! My Strife is complete.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-28-2013), The.Drifter (06-28-2013)

Just using this tile for Facebook and the new flip/notification tile that Endfinity implemented in the last update looks great. But don't have any idea on how to have white text instead black.
    My mind has no limits!

-battery.png
    My mind has no limits!

I could never get the battery to work no matter how hard I tried looks cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I could never get the battery to work no matter how hard I tried looks cool though
    So whats not working? What are you getting when you pin the tile? Does it work in iFile Web Viewer?

Did you installed Matchstics Deb file from my Original Release Post to install the BatteryStats dylib and then rebooted?

Did you verify that the BatteryStats.txt in var/mobile/Library was there after your install of the deb file?

Do you have BatteryDoctorPro installed?

That is what I made the Battery Tile for, if not, just copy the contents of that folder to one of your other Tiles folders like com.apple.Preferences.

The more info you give, the easier it is to help..."I could never get the battery to work" just isnt enough info to go with.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-29-2013)

So whats not working? What are you getting when you pin the tile? Does it work in iFile Web Viewer?

Did you installed Matchstics Deb file from my Original Release Post to install the BatteryStats dylib and then rebooted?

Did you verify that the BatteryStats.txt in var/mobile/Library was there after your install of the deb file?

Do you have BatteryDoctorPro installed?

That is what I made the Battery Tile for, if not, just copy the contents of that folder to one of your other Tiles folders like com.apple.Preferences.

The more info you give, the easier it is to help..."I could never get the battery to work" just isnt enough info to go with.
    Yeah hold up lol I was busy at work when I Downloaded it so I assumed it was just a plug n play. Yes I have batterydoctorpro. I didn't download the deb file. I'll do it later when I have time. Thanks for letting me know.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-29-2013)

Thanks

@Drifter: You got me looking into the UniAW stuff. I take it that iWidgets don't work in Strife per se?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-30-2013)

Well, here's the update for my end of the battery tile: http://goo.gl/Z2ccz

There's now support for both German and French (thanks UNLOCKZ and Ramses2!), and also initial support for Italian, Spanish and Japanese, although it's highly likely these won't be fully correct, so feel free to send me corrected versions There may be a small issue where the translated text doesn't show, and instead you'll get the English version. To solve this, just put your iDevice on charge until it changes, and then take it off again - this just refreshes the .txt with the translations.

This update is also a testbed for a transition to a new location for the .txt file - it's now at /var/mobile/Library/Stats/BattteryStats.txt. You won't need to change your existing tiles for this new location, as there's now a symbolic link in the old location to the new. If in the event though things don't go well in the transition, I have another version on standby with the translations and the old location.

Enjoy!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-30-2013), DannyZ83 (06-30-2013), The.Drifter (06-30-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I looked around and saw no way of changing the weather tile to display F instead of C values. Help?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-01-2013), DannyZ83 (07-01-2013), Jdot1224 (07-01-2013), The.Drifter (07-01-2013)

How much more are you wanting to add to this before you start focusing on Paragon? Just curious

Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146154155156157158 166 ... LastLast