+ Reply
Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112120121122123124 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3414

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strife for iPhone 5/4S/4 & iPod Touch 5 [PRE-RELEASE]

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Matchstic For installing it, either drop the .deb file into the AutoInstall folder on your device (not entirely sure where this is located?) and reboot, copy it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    For installing it, either drop the .deb file into the AutoInstall folder on your device (not entirely sure where this is located?) and reboot, copy it to anywhere on your iDevice and install it through iFile, or add Zutx's repo (http://cydia.myrepospace.com/StrifeRepo) and install it from there. Make sure you respring after!

For using it from Settings, it's as it says on the tin Pressing main theme allows you to change the main theme etc

Hope that helps!
    There's a great guide on the first page of this thread on how to install .deb files. It was written by bcscustom as a how to install the location thingy

Updated my Preference Bundle with a new feature, backup/restore. Just hit Backup before updating Strife, and then Restore after to restore both the Info.plist and Tiles.plist to how they were (thanks Ben for the idea!)

Link is here.
    You're the man!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AoSHJ For This Useful Post:

LurkerStatus (04-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AoSHJ View Post
    There's a great guide on the first page of this thread on how to install .deb files. It was written by bcscustom as a how to install the location thingy
    Ah cheers, must have missed that one

iPhone? More like MyPhone zamulini's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s04cdba8xaczzn/Segoe_WP.zip

Here is a link to the Segoe WP font for those who want it. To use it drop it into your MyFonts folder under /var/mobile/Library. Activate it through BytaFont.

It was originally posted by Gan in the OS7 mods thread. The links were dead when I needed it. Luckily I found it some where else.
    Sorry to bother, but I can't seem to find a MyFonts folder nor can I find BytaFont after installing it through cydia ...
    Any suggestions?

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

As we know there is a problem with badging notifications if you don't have the lock screen on. But the icons are Badged if the phone is not locked. So I assume it is not big problem, I know it will be fixed when the update comes but does anyone know what he fix is ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Green Apple
    Thanks

Updated the Preference Bundle with a new feature, backup/restore. Just hit Backup before updating Strife, and then Restore after to restore both the Info.plist and Tiles.plist to how they were (thanks Ben for the idea!)

Link is here.
    Brilliant!

Thanks

[QUOTE=PabloCrj23;6846058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Truly amazing

Attachment 633849

I thought I would just share my current set up.

And as always a quick question. As you can see I have modded the code so I can have different coloured tiles. Now when the update comes and hits Cydia will this overwrite the who lot and I will loose all the tweaking I have done ?

I tried to make a copy and name it Richard through iFile so I could use that and then have a look at the changes when they come. But when I tried installing it through Dreamboard it kept giving me an error.

I just don't want to so anymore and then loose the lot when the update comes with the notification fix.

You must backup your Strife/Info.plist and Tile.plist for the tiles order. If you are using my custom color tiles mod, simply make a backup of your Tiles folder.
    Ok thanks for the advise.

But what about the problem I have making a copy of the whole file and re-naming and hen getting an error.

So let me explain better.

I go in iFile and go to dreamboard there I make a copy of the strife folder and paste it into the Dreamboard folder. I have to rename it so I select yes and I have a Strife (1).

So when I now go to Dreamboard I have TWO Strife's - now the original will install no problem but the Strife (1). Will not install and brings a Runtime error "Theme plist not found" ???

Can somebody please advise what is wrong as I want to make a copy of my current set up and name it "whatever" so I can always go back if I want.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Richard;6846500]
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloCrj23 View Post

Ok thanks for the advise.

But what about the problem I have making a copy of the whole file and re-naming and hen getting an error.

So let me explain better.

I go in iFile and go to dreamboard there I make a copy of the strife folder and paste it into the Dreamboard folder. I have to rename it so I select yes and I have a Strife (1).

So when I now go to Dreamboard I have TWO Strife's - now the original will install no problem but the Strife (1). Will not install and brings a Runtime error "Theme plist not found" ???

Can somebody please advise what is wrong as I want to make a copy of my current set up and name it "whatever" so I can always go back if I want.

Thanks
    You didn't do anything wrong, you just can't activate the Backup folder because the Strife.dylib is only coded to work with the Dreamboard/Strife/ folder. So even though you activated your backup through dreamboard, the Dylib isnt coded to find that info.plist, hence the error.

I also have 2 stored copies of my Strife folder in Dreamboard, 1 is a backup of the Original installed version and the other the "active" theme with all my mods. When it comes time to upgrade, I rename the Backup of the Original back to Strife and rename my Modded one Strife111, this way the upgrade will only effect the original Strife folder. After the Upgrade, I just do the reverse, Name the Newly Installed one Strife000 and rename my Modded one back to Strife.

Keep in mind Richard, Endfinitys themes are really a MobileSubstrate based "tweak" of sorts that is just activated through Dreamboard, the real coding magic resides in the Strife.dylib located in the MobileSubstate/DynamicLibraries folder. Since this is not coded like a regular Dreamboard Plist theme, only Endfinity can make the major changes, upgrades, and tweaks to the theme, because only he has the source code to create the dylibs from.
    Last edited by LurkerStatus; 04-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LurkerStatus For This Useful Post:

AoSHJ (04-22-2013)

Thanks

[QUOTE=LurkerStatus;6846511]

You didn't do anything wrong, you just can't activate the Backup folder because the Strife.dylib is only coded to work with the Dreamboard/Strife/ folder. So even though you activated your backup through dreamboard, the Dylib isnt coded to find that info.plist, hence the error.

I also have 2 stored copies of my Strife folder in Dreamboard, 1 is a backup of the Original installed version and the other the "active" theme with all my mods. When it comes time to upgrade, I rename the Backup of the Original back to Strife and rename my Modded one Strife111, this way the upgrade will only effect the original Strife folder. After the Upgrade, I just do the reverse, Name the Newly Installed one Strife000 and rename my Modded one back to Strife.
    So let me get this right. You have two like me ? And the active one you have is the one you run the mods on and the back up is just the original. So when the update drops you just put the "Original" back on with out the mods and run the update over the Original. Then I assume you save a copy of this once again and start to copy and past any mods across so you have a live working version.

Am I correct ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

So let me get this right. You have two like me ? And the active one you have is the one you run the mods on and the back up is just the original. So when the update drops you just put the "Original" back on with out the mods and run the update over the Original. Then I assume you save a copy of this once again and start to copy and past any mods across so you have a live working version.

Am I correct ?
    Yes, thats how I do it, but you could just make a backup of your Tiles folder somewhere, do the upgrade and replace the Tiles folder with your backup version.

The only reason I just backup the whole Strife folder is because I use multiple Tiles folders based on my tastes for the day, one is for Full animations, one for just my Images Tileset and the last one is just a plain Jane WP7 Set. I just rename the one I want to use to Tiles.

I also store different copies of my theme Tiles.plist as well, so I can load one Tiles.plist up with 26 Tiles, load another one up with 7 Tiles, etc.. Then just switch layout by renaming the one I want to use as Tile.plist.

So theres multiple ways of backing up your setup, mainly you just want to preserve your Tiles Folder.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LurkerStatus For This Useful Post:

Richard (04-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerStatus View Post
    Yes, thats how I do it, but you could just make a backup of your Tiles folder somewhere, do the upgrade and replace the Tiles folder with your backup version.

The only reason I just backup the whole Strife folder is because I use multiple Tiles folders based on my tastes for the day, one is for Full animations, one for just my Images Tileset and the last one is just a plain Jane WP7 Set. I just rename the one I want to use to Tiles.

I also store different copies of my theme Tiles.plist as well, so I can load one Tiles.plist up with 26 Tiles, load another one up with 7 Tiles, etc.. Then just switch layout by renaming the one I want to use as Tile.plist.

So theres multiple ways of backing up your setup, mainly you just want to preserve your Tiles Folder.
    Sounds like a plan :-)

I have noticed that you are a bit of a code guru :-) do you know of a work round for the badging issue until the update drops ?

Drifter ?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

birdsell (04-22-2013), LurkerStatus (04-22-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds like a plan :-)

I have noticed that you are a bit of a code guru :-) do you know of a work round for the badging issue until the update drops ?

Drifter ?
    Yes, I'm Drifter "lurking" about

No, only Endfinity can alter the source code to compile the Strife.dylib, that is were the real magic of his coding resides. This isn't your typical Dreamboard plist theme. Its more of a Mobile Substrate tweak that resides in MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and is just activated through Dreamboard. So I cannot make any alteration to his Strife.dylib without the source code.

Thanks

Yes, I'm Drifter "lurking" about

No, only Endfinity can alter the source code to compile the Strife.dylib, that is were the real magic of his coding resides. This isn't your typical Dreamboard plist theme. Its more of a Mobile Substrate tweak that resides in MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and is just activated through Dreamboard. So I cannot make any alteration to his Strife.dylib without the source code.
    Spoken like a true coder :-)

Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Updated the Preference Bundle with a new feature, backup/restore. Just hit Backup before updating Strife, and then Restore after to restore both the Info.plist and Tiles.plist to how they were (thanks Ben for the idea!)

Link is here.
    WOW another genius here
    Big thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to guimenez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@Drifter

Hey, odd little thing with the tile flip tweak you made. When I set the middle percentage to above 40%, it won't work. I literally set one tile to 41% and it didn't work. I changed it to 40%, worked fine. Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd let you know. I'll post a video of what I just spent an hour making in a minute.

Yay video of Drifter's great work.
    Last edited by salander85; 04-22-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added video

22. The Following User Says Thank You to salander85 For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salander85 View Post
    @Drifter

Hey, odd little thing with the tile flip tweak you made. When I set the middle percentage to above 40%, it won't work. I literally set one tile to 41% and it didn't work. I changed it to 40%, worked fine. Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd let you know. I'll post a video of what I just spent an hour making in a minute.
    Should work all the way up to 99% for the middle one percentage value.
    Perhaps something else got messed up in the editing.

Did you respring after you made your changes to the values?
    The changes wont pick up until after a respring if the Tile is already pinned

The cascading Skull drop down animations I use are in the 70ish%, so it does work. Try double checking the code again

Edit: Just seen the Video, Great job implementing the codes for the cascading effect
    Last edited by LurkerStatus; 04-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks

Should work all the way up to 99% for the middle one percentage value.
    Perhaps something else got messed up in the editing.

Did you respring after you made your changes to the values?
    The changes wont pick up until after a respring if the Tile is already pinned

The cascading Skull drop down animations I use are in the 70ish%, so it does work. Try double checking the code again
    That's so weird!! Yeah, I resprung after each. And I even think I got it to work past 40% at one point. I thought I had a 45% in a tile somewhere, but for some reason this ONE tile just won't work. I copied a working tile, that operated in the desired behavior, and then just changed the % value to 41, but nope! Oh well! I like the way I have it now. I can deal with it to this point! Thanks again man! Makes my phone sthuper awethome.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to salander85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artfuldodger333 View Post
    I just realised that none of my newly installed apps are showing up on the list of apps. Checked all my permissions and they all have r,r and exe so I'm stumped. Can anyone help a fellow strifer out?

Edit: Don't worry just fixed it with the wiggle mode
    I have just noticed the Same. I downloaded an app from App Store and it did not show up and I was not able to search for it. I had to turn Strife off, load the App then turn Strife back on before it showed on my Apps List.

Anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix ?

Cheers

Thanks

Edit: Just seen the Video, Great job implementing the codes for the cascading effect
    Thank you sir!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to salander85 For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have just noticed the Same. I downloaded an app from App Store and it did not show up and I was not able to search for it. I had to turn Strife off, load the App then turn Strife back on before it showed on my Apps List.

Anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix ?

Cheers
    Its fixed in the next upcoming upgrade. For now, just go to default mode in Dreamboard, enter/exit "wiggle" mode for your icons and then re-enter Strife through Dreamboard, the newly installed apps will show up then.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LurkerStatus For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (04-22-2013), Richard (04-22-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 720 Posts

Some bird took a **** on my windshield. Not only that seems like explosive diaharrea