Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    This is one of the most unique themes I've ever seen!! I wish iOS 7 can be themed once a jailbreak is out and I wish this will be ported over to iOS 7.
    Since I've been forced to update to iOS7 I actually will spend some time porting this over, if DreamBoard isn't supported on iOS7 then I'll remove the use of DreamBoard all together I think and just release as a tweak hooked directly into springboard.

Haven't been able to jailbreak my i4 on iOS7 yet though despite trying a few times - having issues with the USB connection and the libusb-1.0 framework. Don't really have time lately to do much work on this though anyway since I've got a lot of work for university, and can only downgrade to 6.1.3 so wouldn't be able to jailbreak even if I did.

Just going to wait for the OpenJailbreak team to develop their exploits and see if they can come up with a jailbreak tool within the next few months - even if they get a beta together and not a public release, I'll start work on porting it over so we'll see what happens come christmas. Can't really do much until they've got mobilesubstrate implemented though

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-08-2013), Jj2345 (10-08-2013), King_O_Hill (10-08-2013), mcooper (10-08-2013), RKO1195 (10-10-2013)

Great to hear bud maybe you can hook it when substrate gets working

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Great to hear bud maybe you can hook it when substrate gets working
    I've been told it works but not on springboard, which makes sense because I'm guessing apple made loads of changes to the whole thing so the headers would be completely different - I'll see what I can do when I get r/w filesystem access

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-10-2013), King_O_Hill (10-10-2013), mcooper (10-10-2013), RKO1195 (10-10-2013)

Thanks

Keep forgetting I've got two threads for this, but for you guys on the i5's that don't look in the i4 forum I have just mentioned:
    NextGenUI will be ported over to iOS7 over the next week Also dependency on DreamBoard will be dropped and I'll release this as a tweak or something

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-07-2013), King_O_Hill (12-07-2013), metaserph (12-13-2013), NewdestinyX (12-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Keep forgetting I've got two threads for this, but for you guys on the i5's that don't look in the i4 forum I have just mentioned:
    NextGenUI will be ported over to iOS7 over the next week Also dependency on DreamBoard will be dropped and I'll release this as a tweak or something
    WOW.. Released as a 'tweak'!!! Awesome.. Wonder how that'll work.. Time to get my iPhone4 jailbroken..!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-07-2013)

Thanks

NextGenUI on iOS7, just a few last things to work out

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-09-2013), Jato_BZ (12-10-2013), King_O_Hill (12-09-2013), mcooper (12-09-2013), metaserph (12-13-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,950 Times in 6,529 Posts

Fake!

Haha, jk bro!

It looks freakin awesome! Nothing but genius there my friend! Did you resolve mail, safari etc.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-09-2013)

Looks great indeed ! Eager to get gbjs running on here.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (12-09-2013), Jato_BZ (12-10-2013)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-10-2013), Jato_BZ (12-10-2013), King_O_Hill (12-10-2013), mcooper (12-10-2013)

Awesome Jake.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (12-11-2013), Jato_BZ (12-10-2013), King_O_Hill (12-10-2013), mcooper (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,100 Posts

This is absolutely awesome! Not just a theme a total makeover! Looking forward to seeing this on a 5/5S on iOS7!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013), GroovyCarrot (12-11-2013), King_O_Hill (12-10-2013), mcooper (12-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Awesome Jake.
    Cheers bro! (Y)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    This is absolutely awesome! Not just a theme a total makeover! Looking forward to seeing this on a 5/5S on iOS7!
    Yeah I'm dead excited to see what the i5's make of this, done a bit of an overhaul on animations and going to make some epic improvements before release I think.

I want to work on the graphics too because I've not been all that happy with them

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013), Jato_BZ (12-11-2013)

Very exciting stuff Jake. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013), GroovyCarrot (12-11-2013), Jato_BZ (12-11-2013)

Groovy, if you need any more testers when iOS7 JB is out - I'm happy to help. Been on a couple alpha/beta teams and love putting new stuff thru the rigors of a good test cycle.

I even have my iPhone 4 if you want any more early testing.. Hit me up in PM..

Love your stuff!!
    Grant

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Groovy, if you need any more testers when iOS7 JB is out - I'm happy to help. Been on a couple alpha/beta teams and love putting new stuff thru the rigors of a good test cycle.

I even have my iPhone 4 if you want any more early testing.. Hit me up in PM..

Love your stuff!!
    Grant
    Sure, it'll probably wait until a iPhone 5 jailbreak is put together so I can get all the tests done at once before I put a beta together - but when I'm done with the alpha tests I'll let you know dude

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013), NewdestinyX (12-11-2013)

Thanks

Cheers bro! (Y)

Yeah I'm dead excited to see what the i5's make of this, done a bit of an overhaul on animations and going to make some epic improvements before release I think.

I want to work on the graphics too because I've not been all that happy with them
    Will be a killer theme from the get go is my opinion! We should revisit that idea of working together again perhaps once you have NextGEN fully ported!!?? Altho King seems to think I have ADD & am OCD!!?? Pfft!

Great to see iOS7 won't stop NextGENUI like it will with WB themes at the start. This theme (if u can call it that) & Convergance are in my books two of the most impressive themes available. Not just themed PNGs but a complete overhaul of the functionality of the iOS.

How many lines of code does it run if I can ask? I'm new to these types of themes!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2013), King_O_Hill (12-11-2013), mcooper (12-11-2013)

Thanks

Will be a killer theme from the get go is my opinion! We should revisit that idea of working together again perhaps once you have NextGEN fully ported!!?? Altho King seems to think I have ADD & am OCD!!?? Pfft!

Great to see iOS7 won't stop NextGENUI like it will with WB themes at the start. This theme (if u can call it that) & Convergance are in my books two of the most impressive themes available. Not just themed PNGs but a complete overhaul of the functionality of the iOS.

How many lines of code does it run if I can ask? I'm new to these types of themes!
    Yeah man I'm hoping I can help out on the WinterBoard front after this - we can definitely look to do some work together again as soon as I've finished university next year, I've got a few weeks now to work on NGUI but I've still got loads of university work to do over Christmas

NGUI took me pretty much all of last summer and is probably around 7500 lines of objective C over 17 different class implementations. The main bulk of time consumed is really in having to look through the iOS headers to understand how they work without actually having any code to look at

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-12-2013), Jato_BZ (12-11-2013), King_O_Hill (12-11-2013), mcooper (12-11-2013)

Thanks

Yeah man I'm hoping I can help out on the WinterBoard front after this - we can definitely look to do some work together again as soon as I've finished university next year, I've got a few weeks now to work on NGUI but I've still got loads of university work to do over Christmas

NGUI took me pretty much all of last summer and is probably around 7500 lines of objective C over 17 different class implementations. The main bulk of time consumed is really in having to look through the iOS headers to understand how they work without actually having any code to look at
    Sounds good bud! I'm working on my theme (have been since March part time) at the moment (thought about inviting u to EMe stream but its only a WB theme) but limited by WB NextGenUI breaks those limitations so that's something that definitely impresses me with your theme!

Nice man! Whoa 7500 lines of code! Phew! Yuh I've just got onto headers etc via class dumping the compiled binaries! Interesting stuff! Been reading a fair bit of python lately with Dave Peck basing all his .py scripts on that!

Cool this is one theme I'm definitely looking forward to seeing on a 5/5S! Really am!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-12-2013), King_O_Hill (12-11-2013)

Sure, it'll probably wait until a iPhone 5 jailbreak is put together so I can get all the tests done at once before I put a beta together - but when I'm done with the alpha tests I'll let you know dude
    All good, bro. On your sched... No worries..

38. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-12-2013)

Thanks

Sounds good bud! I'm working on my theme (have been since March part time) at the moment (thought about inviting u to EMe stream but its only a WB theme) but limited by WB NextGenUI breaks those limitations so that's something that definitely impresses me with your theme!

Nice man! Whoa 7500 lines of code! Phew! Yuh I've just got onto headers etc via class dumping the compiled binaries! Interesting stuff! Been reading a fair bit of python lately with Dave Peck basing all his .py scripts on that!

Cool this is one theme I'm definitely looking forward to seeing on a 5/5S! Really am!
    Go for it dude, always like to see what you guys are working on so feel free! Yeah I'd only picked up objC just before the summer but I've used C# and C++ a lot so it's pretty easy to grasp the other subsets, just comes with a bit of experience really - I started out with perl but python is another great one to learn first

Just like to thank every for their support with this project and since it's Christmas and iOS 7 jailbreak isn't stable yet, for those who have stayed on iOS 6 NGUI has been dropped to just $1 on Cydia until the next jailbreak is public Otherwise feel free to buy now if you want and it'll be waiting for you when you can jailbreak 7

Merry Christmas guys
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 12-12-2013 at 11:50 AM.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-12-2013), Jato_BZ (12-12-2013), King_O_Hill (12-12-2013), mcooper (12-12-2013)

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast