+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TurquesaSE for iPhone (iOS 6+)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by BoubakAy You're gonna find your former Ps habits quickly, just some practices and here we go! But as I said we can't make icons without informations I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Baz L's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoubakAy View Post
    You're gonna find your former Ps habits quickly, just some practices and here we go!

But as I said we can't make icons without informations I mentioned above, so you have some time to practice your photoshop
    Can i ask, why is this appinfo information needed to make icons? if i remember correct i just used to get psd files, make the icons then put in correct directory, whats changed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baz L View Post
    Can i ask, why is this appinfo information needed to make icons? if i remember correct i just used to get psd files, make the icons then put in correct directory, whats changed?
    Just look at my theme folder "TurquesaSE Icons.theme" : you'll see a "Bundles" folder, then a tons of folder named by this Bundle ID (like "com.apple.compass"), and inside them the icon named with the right name (generally "[email protected]", but not always). To theme an icon, you need to put your icon (named correctly) in a folder named correctly

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BoubakAy For This Useful Post:

Baz L (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Just look at my theme folder "TurquesaSE Icons.theme" : you'll see a "Bundles" folder, then a tons of folder named by this Bundle ID (like "com.apple.compass"), and inside them the icon named with the right name (generally "[email protected]", but not always). To theme an icon, you need to put your icon (named correctly) in a folder named correctly
    I see, the way i remember all icons used to be inside one folder, so now it's different.

Speaking of icons, the automask icons created from appstore icons only get the TurquesaSE icon border but keep the same center from the original appsstore icons. This is why im going to need more icons as they dont match the awesome icons from your theme!

Thanks

Ok
    Although it's not possible to theme ALL icons of ALL devices of the entire world lol

Thanks

Ok
    Although it's not possible to theme ALL icons of ALL devices of the entire world lol
    Of course not lol, but i guess the way you have designed the icons for this theme means a lot of automask appstore icons will look odd compared to your amazingly detailed custom icons...

For example i took a screen which is below, notice the natwest/xbox/spotify automask icons look kinda out of place and dont match the rest of your beautiful icons, i have quite a lot more like this which simply dont match.

TurquesaSE for iPhone (iOS 6+)-img_0034.png

Damn i need some PS skills now!
    Last edited by Baz L; 03-06-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 564 Posts

really liking this theme, awesome work on the icons and everything else... just 1 question is bite sms themed??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pnunez1310 View Post
    really liking this theme, awesome work on the icons and everything else... just 1 question is bite sms themed??
    Not yet, but it's almost finished, I will update the Extras package this week end, with Zeppelin and biteSMS, and maybe other things

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BoubakAy For This Useful Post:

pnunez1310 (03-07-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 564 Posts

Not yet, but it's almost finished, I will update the Extras package this week end, with Zeppelin and biteSMS, and maybe other things
    Awesome cant wait. Nice job on the theme again 👊

Thanks

very nice Job !

my contribution : iCleaner iconTurquesaSE for iPhone (iOS 6+)-icon-2x.png

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charly_ For This Useful Post:

hemptation (03-16-2013), pnunez1310 (03-07-2013)

Thanks

awesome man! nice to see this theme iphone 5 compatible!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kuanyu For This Useful Post:

hemptation (03-16-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can we get, appcake icon, ipastore icon, skype icon, ebuddy icon, facebook camera icon, pinterest icon, foursqure icon, spotify icon, tunein radio icon, siriusXm icon. would be amainzg

Thanks

Can anyone theme the messenger.app from Facebook?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBattaglia View Post
    can we get, appcake icon, ipastore icon, skype icon, ebuddy icon, facebook camera icon, pinterest icon, foursqure icon, spotify icon, tunein radio icon, siriusXm icon. would be amainzg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasiphone View Post
    Can anyone theme the messenger.app from Facebook?
    Please read this... Icon requests "rules"

Thanks

BoubakAy, any chance you could give any pointers, maybe a small vid to show how you do the icons in PS? I mean how do u get the icon only to match the theme with just the 2 colour design? Do you have an action or template?

Like on my screenshot above, how would you make the Natwest icon to look like the whatsapp icon.

I have photoshop elements but I'm struggling lol, it's been too long. If I could do icons I would be happy to make lots and fill requests!

Just a thought though

Thanks
    Thanked 11,402 Times in 2,204 Posts

i made a custom icon that goes perfect with this theme been waiting for perfect coloured theme to try it with gorgeous

Slowly working this theme in love it. Using my own custom icon frames. go really well with this gorgeous theme sorry had wrong theme checked underneath my one but you get the picture same effect
    Last edited by johncon68; 03-07-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: oops

Thanks

Please read this... Icon requests "rules"

I mean the app "Messenger" themed - not the icon. I make the icons with ur psd and got no problem. :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baz L View Post
    BoubakAy, any chance you could give any pointers, maybe a small vid to show how you do the icons in PS? I mean how do u get the icon only to match the theme with just the 2 colour design? Do you have an action or template?

Like on my screenshot above, how would you make the Natwest icon to look like the whatsapp icon.

I have photoshop elements but I'm struggling lol, it's been too long. If I could do icons I would be happy to make lots and fill requests!

Just a thought though
    Great idea! I will give you a Photoshop file with all layer styles for TurquesaSE, so you can easily make great icons with less than a couple of mouse clicks

For the video why not but...my oral english is not quite good to speak for a tutorial like this ^^' and a Ps video without oral comments is pretty useless i think. I think layer styles as I said above will be enough for you

I will try to give you these layer styles in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasiphone View Post
    I mean the app "Messenger" themed - not the icon. I make the icons with ur psd and got no problem. :-)
    Oh ok. That's fine!

Quote Originally Posted by johncon68 View Post
    i made a custom icon that goes perfect with this theme been waiting for perfect coloured theme to try it with gorgeous

Slowly working this theme in love it. Using my own custom icon frames. go really well with this gorgeous theme sorry had wrong theme checked underneath my one but you get the picture same effect
    Looks great bro!

Thanks

Great idea! I will give you a Photoshop file with all layer styles for TurquesaSE, so you can easily make great icons with less than a couple of mouse clicks

For the video why not but...my oral english is not quite good to speak for a tutorial like this ^^' and a Ps video without oral comments is pretty useless i think. I think layer styles as I said above will be enough for you

Ok whenever you can just throw a link up and I'll grab them

Maybe you could write a small text file with instructions on using the layer files for making the icons in PS?

I'm sure a refresh would help me lol buddy

Thanks
    Thanked 11,402 Times in 2,204 Posts

thanx man if its ok illpost the icons and frames addon all with this themes icons of course and a few others ive done as an alt icon thats all just icon frame theme ill upload in morning

Oh ok. That's fine!

Looks great bro!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to johncon68 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (03-16-2013)

Thanks

First post updated with new PSDs and Layer Styles as you requested, and a little explanation on how to use them too !

Let me know if it's good

Ps : I can't make a complete Photoshop tutorial, for some evident reasons A lot of Youtube videos are awesome for that stuff, I learned Photoshop by watching them during hours