+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Metro Ultimate (Windows 8)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hi everyone ! This is Metro Ultimate, a Windows 8 theme for all your iDevices ! Features : - a whole new way to customize your homescreen : you'll love
    Thanks

Default Metro Ultimate (Windows 8)
    Hi everyone !

This is Metro Ultimate, a Windows 8 theme for all your iDevices !

Features :
    - a whole new way to customize your homescreen : you'll love to choose between large or small icons, this theme is totally yours.
    - take benefit of the big screen of your iPhone 5 to display more tiles
    - rewritten code for iPad : it's not a resized iPhone version, it's a whole new theme for your iPad.
    - updated graphics : new icons, new wallpapers, inspired by Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Retina, even on iPad.
    - everything that Metro 8.2 had, will be Metro Ultimate : start menu, lockscreen, hubs... Yes, hubs on iPad/iPhone !

Video preview :

Preview : Metro Ultimate on iPad - YouTube

Pricing : If you already had Metro U Mini on your iPhone 4/4S, the 4" version is free, just update The iPad theme is not included with the iPhone version (sorry about that. A combined package is hard to manage with ThemeIt and this iPad version gave me a lot of work). iPhone and iPad versions are available for around $3.

Available on the Cydia Store for iPhone Retina, iPod Retina, iPhone 5, iPod 5, iPad Retina, iPad 2, and iPad Mini (not tested but should work)

And on ThemeIt : Theme it - The Themes > Details (4" not available on ThemeIt, but it will be)

Templates : TempForDevs.psd

Script : this is a script for Photoshop. Use a square image (minimum 480x480 for a Retina icon) with it and it'll automatically create a good icon for the iPhone and iPad versions. It's a bit "experimental" so if it doesn't work, explain me the problem and I'll fix it.
    Download here !

Important : I know I'm not the first to provide a Windows 8 theme for iPad. But I was one of the first to release one for iPhone, I'm just updating my stuff. And I think I made some cool features that worth it

I'm now waiting for your feedbacks, thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Metro Ultimate (Windows 8)-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360540253.200989.jpg  
    Last edited by Rigatony; 03-04-2013 at 08:04 AM.

You like my work ? Follow me on Dribbble !
    You want more themes ? Visit my website.
    And Follow me on Twitter !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rigatony For This Useful Post:

Shad0wM0nk3y (06-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, but i am having an extremely difficult time finding where this is on Cydia to download to my phone. Any help please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

search for Metro U mini....

iPhone? More like MyPhone driftzorz's Avatar
    Thanks

Great looking theme. Is there any winter board ui themes out there that could further enhance the feel of the phone? For instance activating a theme in winterboard that themes the stock messaging app or bitesms to make it look like a windows platform.

Also is there any way to get rid of unused space. I don't use a lot of apps on my iPhone so having all the separate media/games hubs makes me have to scroll really far over to the side with pretty much a blank screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by driftzorz View Post
    Great looking theme. Is there any winter board ui themes out there that could further enhance the feel of the phone? For instance activating a theme in winterboard that themes the stock messaging app or bitesms to make it look like a windows platform.

Also is there any way to get rid of unused space. I don't use a lot of apps on my iPhone so having all the separate media/games hubs makes me have to scroll really far over to the side with pretty much a blank screen
    I don't know any Windows-UI theme and I didn't make one
    For technical reasons it's difficult to add a way to get ride of the blanks...if I find a solution I'll add it, of course

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

cool theme but seems incomplete without live tiles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    cool theme but seems incomplete without live tiles.
    Well it seemed to me that live tiles are bad for the battery and not so useful.
    And in Dreamboard it's almost impossible to make the live tiles "customizable", so I prefered to offer more customization.
    But it's my choice, I understand your point

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "All Apps" icons
    I want to start by commending your work. The theme looks great!

My question is: is there a way to make the theme display the original icons or at least just the small square icons in the all app view? it would really make that view much more attractive and usable IMO.

Also, I'm not positive which theme it was, but I remember a similar theme to yours and it included a "desktop" tile that took you to the original iPhone theme. Is this something you think you might work on in a future update? It is definitely a fantastic and extremely useful feature to have built into the theme. ( example: Deleting an application without having to open dreamboard and switching themes back and forth. Or if you need to access spotlight.)

I look forward to the future updates to this theme! Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrPibb View Post
    I want to start by commending your work. The theme looks great!

My question is: is there a way to make the theme display the original icons or at least just the small square icons in the all app view? it would really make that view much more attractive and usable IMO.
    - go to DreamBoard/_library/Cache/Icons and delete the whole "Metro U Mini" folder.
    - go to DreamBoard/Metro U Mini and rename the "Icons" folder.
    - launch the theme once, and go in the "all apps" grid so that it saves your original icons in cache.
    - go back to DreamBoard/Metro U Mini and rename the "Icons" folder "Icons"
    - relaunch the theme. The start screen should work great and the all apps grid will display the original icons.
    Sadly, I guess if you install an app, you'll have to do this again, or the all apps grid won't display your normal icon.
    One of the new features I'm trying to add is a better "all apps" grid

Also, I'm not positive which theme it was, but I remember a similar theme to yours and it included a "desktop" tile that took you to the original iPhone theme. Is this something you think you might work on in a future update? It is definitely a fantastic and extremely useful feature to have built into the theme. ( example: Deleting an application without having to open dreamboard and switching themes back and forth. Or if you need to access spotlight.)

I look forward to the future updates to this theme! Thanks for your hard work.
    No, I don't think I can do that. The theme you're talking about was in fact a MobileSubstrate mod, which give much more freedom to the creator than I have with DreamBoard.
    If I find a way, I'll add the feature, but I don't think it's possible...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,293 Posts

Still don't see in Cydia, do I have to buy the "mini" version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Still don't see in Cydia, do I have to buy the "mini" version?
    Yes. The version called "mini" is the iPod/iPhone version. The 4" version is included.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love your theme!!

Some questions:
    1. How do I modify icons in the "APPS" section where normal icons are shown? Some icons are either repeted or shrinked.
    2. How do I assign a new icon for some apps? I noticed some apps don't have the url address (/Images/Contact.png).

Here are some icons I designed.

Metro Ultimate (Windows 8)-epocrates.pngMetro Ultimate (Windows 8)-mywi.pngMetro Ultimate (Windows 8)-google.pngMetro Ultimate (Windows 8)-navigonnorthamerica.pngMetro Ultimate (Windows 8)-youtube.pngMetro Ultimate (Windows 8)-ebay.png
    Last edited by d0csp33d; 05-14-2013 at 06:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wtf? I accidentally presses the wrong Metro UI button, and now I cant go away from it? How can I fix this? Im actually stuck on the "games" screen.

EDIT: I've actually managed to fix it. Yay!
    Last edited by Pjakugan; 05-29-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will this support live tiles? It would be handy to see upcoming events on the calendar, a live clock and live weather