+ Reply
Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Adding some icons as Safari...etc...and phone keeps entering safe mode...Anybody no why it does so?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hhjulbent's Avatar
    Thanks

Adding some icons as Safari...etc...and phone keeps entering safe mode...Anybody no why it does so?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hhjulbent View Post
    Hi, I kept going into Safe Mode too. I had to uninstall my Cydia Apps one-by-one and discovered that it was Infinidock causing my problems.
    Also, did you put the new icon into the "icons" folder? Safari should have already been included (I think in the Bundles folder) so maybe there was some conflict. Were you just trying to add in a different style Safari icon? If the Safari icon was not "themed" then maybe you also have app conflicts like many of us have so did the one-by-one removal process to figure it out...

I have since added back in the following apps and I am still not going into Safe Mode:
    Activator
    AppInfo
    iWidgets
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    MultiIconMover
    OpenSSH
    Remove Background
    SBSettings
    WinterBoard
    AllMail
    FontColors
    Stereo SBSettings
    iBlank

If you can't find which Cydia app isn't "playing" nicely with the BUUF HD Theme then you will just have to wait (as Doreen mentioned) until the Cydia developers make more changes. I just wonder if it also could be a regular Apple Store App conflicting with the theme. Be sure you have the latest WinterBoard and Mobile Substrate Cydia apps as well. Also, be sure that you have no other "Theme" selected in WinterBoard so you can rule out those conflicts as well.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013), hhjulbent (02-19-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hi, I kept going into Safe Mode too. I had to uninstall my Cydia Apps one-by-one and discovered that it was Infinidock causing my problems. I have since added back in the following apps and I am still not going into Safe Mode:
    Activator
    AppInfo
    iWidgets
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    MultiIconMover
    OpenSSH
    Remove Background
    SBSettings
    WinterBoard
    AllMail
    FontColors
    Stereo SBSettings

If you can't find which Cydia app isn't "playing" nicely with the BUUF HD Theme then you will just have to wait (as Doreen mentioned) until the Cydia developers make more changes. I just wonder if it also could be a regular Apple Store App conflicting with the theme. Be sure you have the latest WinterBoard and Mobile Substrate Cydia apps as well. Also, be sure that you have no other "Theme" selected in WinterBoard so you can rule out those conflicts as well.

Good Luck!
    Thanks a lot, dudette. :-)
    Haven't had enough time to deal with my tweaks but this is gonna change soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    Thanks a lot, dudette. :-)
    Haven't had enough time to deal with my tweaks but this is gonna change soon.
    Hello schnubb,

I totally understand! I was lucky to be able to retire recently so have "many, many" free hours. Playing around with this stuff is quite fun and challenging for me. I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted! (ok, I don't think of it as wasted time but my husband sure does! LOL!).

Have fun!!!

Dang it! I inadvertently deleted my prior lengthy post. /

Well here I go again....

Since I LOVE BUUF, old and new themes, I spent some time figuring out how to merge/use two of Doreen's Buuf Themes. The Flip Clock that comes in assorted colors and Buuf iPhone 5 HD.

Here's what I did:
    1. The Flip Clock comes with 3 separate folders. I only used two of the folders (1 Buuf WFC Animation and 2 Buuf Flip Clock). You can view the Flip Clock theme and donate to Doreen in another Buuf thread here:
    Buuf iPhone 4

2. I SSH'd all three themes (1 Buuf WFC Animation, 2 Buuf Flip Clock, Buuf iPhone 5 HD) to my iPhone 5 and put them in the /Library/Themes folder. Did a ReSpring on the iPhone.

3. I used the [email protected] file from the Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme and SSH'd/uploaded it into the 1 Buuf WFC Animation.theme parent folder. This allowed me to have the "fence" Dock/wallpaper that fits the new iPhone 5.

4. I went into WinterBoard and "moved" all three themes to the top of the list and in the following order (I don't know if this makes a difference or not), then selected all three themes and did another ReSpring:
    1 Buuf WFC Animation
    2 Buuf Flip Clock
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Here is a screenshot of my new Buuf HomeScreen:
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-021913_buufx2.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-021913_buufx2.png  
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-19-2013 at 01:05 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013), kristatos (02-20-2013), schnubb (02-19-2013), WhyNotCallMeRo (02-19-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good job, Madam.
    I'll take more free time at the next weekend. :-)

Thanks

Good job, Madam.
    I'll take more free time at the next weekend. :-)
    Good luck! I can't wait to see what you can come up with! Are you a developer/programmer?

Green Apple
    Thanks

burzoo, just one question. did you also uninstall Winterboard as Doreen suggested?
    Seems that Infiniboard does not cause the issue at my IP5. No changes after deletion, respring and reboot.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you can come up with! Are you a developer/programmer?
    No, just an interested user. :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So envious looks great cant get mine out of safe mode using the new set of HD files keep deleting and re springing cydia apps ill get there in the end

Hello schnubb,

I totally understand! I was lucky to be able to retire recently so have "many, many" free hours. Playing around with this stuff is quite fun and challenging for me. I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted! (ok, I don't think of it as wasted time but my husband sure does! LOL!).

Have fun!!!

Well here I go again....

Since I LOVE BUUF, old and new themes, I spent some time figuring out how to merge/use two of Doreen's Buuf Themes. The Flip Clock that comes in assorted colors and Buuf iPhone 5 HD.

Here's what I did:
    1. The Flip Clock comes with 3 separate folders. I only used two of the folders (1 Buuf WFC Animation and 2 Buuf Flip Clock). You can view the Flip Clock theme and donate to Doreen in another Buuf thread here:
    Buuf iPhone 4

2. I SSH'd all three themes (1 Buuf WFC Animation, 2 Buuf Flip Clock, Buuf iPhone 5 HD) to my iPhone 5 and put them in the /Library/Themes folder. Did a ReSpring on the iPhone.

3. I used the [email protected] file from the Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme and SSH'd/uploaded it into the 1 Buuf WFC Animation.theme parent folder. This allowed me to have the "fence" Dock/wallpaper that fits the new iPhone 5.

4. I went into WinterBoard and "moved" all three themes to the top of the list and in the following order (I don't know if this makes a difference or not), then selected all three themes and did another ReSpring:
    1 Buuf WFC Animation
    2 Buuf Flip Clock
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Attachment 622968

Thanks

burzoo, just one question. did you also uninstall Winterboard as Doreen suggested?
    Seems that Infiniboard does not cause the issue at my IP5. No changes after deletion, respring and reboot.

No, just an interested user. :-)
    Hello schnubb,

I upgraded Winterboard first and still went into Safe Mode. Then I Uninstalled Winterboard, re-installed and once again went into Safe Mode upon respring. I didn't have Infiniboard, I only had InfiniDock and as soon as I UnInstalled InfiniDock, I did not go back into Safe Mode while having an active Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme. I even re-installed InfiniDock just to test it out but it went into Safe Mode as soon as I did a respiring. I'm sorry but in my original post I mistakenly said "InfiniFolder" and later corrected to InfiniDock. I hope this all makes sense!

I'm just an "interested user" as well!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

kristatos (02-20-2013), schnubb (02-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Burrzoo,

Where did you get the buuf'd starbucks icon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Burrzoo,

Where did you get the buuf'd starbucks icon?
    Post #6241 - I believe they were made for Doreen as Stereo made her the avatar she uses and then someone else made the Starbuffs? Just a guess...
    Buuf iPhone 4

16. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,094 Posts

iOS 6.1.2 is out and Evasi0n 1.4 as well...

Let's jailbreak once more....

Hello schnubb,

Have fun!!!

Well here I go again....

Here's what I did:
    Buuf iPhone 4

1 Buuf WFC Animation
    2 Buuf Flip Clock
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Attachment 622968
    Nice, can you upload it?

Hi, I kept going into Safe Mode too. I had to uninstall my Cydia Apps one-by-one and discovered that it was Infinidock causing my problems.
    Same here on Infinidock....

Scrollingboard has been updated for iOS 6.1 and it has more options...

Post #6241 - I believe they were made for Doreen as Stereo made her the avatar she uses and then someone else made the Starbuffs? Just a guess...
    Buuf iPhone 4
    I don't care....
    It looks cool and if Doreen took mor4e stuff from Starbucks, this theme will be done tomorrow
    Last edited by WhyNotCallMeRo; 02-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks, I found it in the iPhone 4 thread. Now I just need to update the software, jailbreak again and then reapply all the cydia apps and theming stuff!

Thanks

Hi WhyNotCallMeRo,

Let's jailbreak once more....Why update? Do you have an iPhone 4S or have to use Exchange email? If not, why bother to update and have to re-install everything again?

Nice, can you upload it? Sorry, I cannot. I got it by Donating to Doreen. If she wants to upload "Flip Clock with assorted colors," it is her decision. She put a ton of work into the theme (and other themes such as the one in this thread) and deserves a donation.

Same here on Infinidock....

Scrollingboard has been updated for iOS 6.1 and it has more options...Thank YOU for the suggestion! I just purchased Scrollingboard and immediately can tell that it is better than Infinidock. Much appreciated!

I don't care....
    It looks cool and if Doreen took mor4e stuff from Starbucks, this theme will be done tomorrow....I agree, they are totally cool! I think anyone can freely grab any of the icons in the Buuf iPhone 4 thread. There are hundreds of them! Many people have contributed to the creation of them too. I was just saying that the Starbuufs icon was made with "Doreen"in mind and anyone can utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Thanks, I found it in the iPhone 4 thread. Now I just need to update the software, jailbreak again and then reapply all the cydia apps and theming stuff!
    Why update? Do you have an iPhone 4S and/or have to use Exchange email? If not, why bother to update and have to re-install everything again?

As I understand it, the Cydia app called PKG Backup is supposed to work great after upgrading your iOS but it does cost $9.99. I could have sworn I saw it earlier for $7.99 but must be hallucinating! LOL! I remember using AptBackup (free) before but I don't remember it working very well. Might have been a user error!

I do like to use AppInfo and email myself a list of Packages and Sources. Makes remembering Package Names a very simple task...
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-19-2013 at 07:04 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why update? Do you have an iPhone 4S and/or have to use Exchange email? If not, why bother to update and have to re-install everything again?

As I understand it, the Cydia app called PKG Backup is supposed to work great after upgrading your iOS but it does cost $9.99. I could have sworn I saw it earlier for $7.99 but must be hallucinating! LOL! I remember using AptBackup (free) before but I don't remember it working very well. Might have been a user error!

I do like to use AppInfo and email myself a list of Packages and Sources. Makes remembering Package Names a very simple task...

I use exchange for work so I needed to get rid of the exchange bug. I didn't yet have a lot of customization, so it hasn't taken that long to go through the process, but I may look at buying the pkg backup app. It would have definitely saved a bit of time.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bugsy For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-19-2013)

Thanks

Default Buuf iPhone 5
    Hey works for you Buuf iPhone 5 HD
    Brown keypad when dialing? So how is the picture? Does anybody know how to get her to Buuf iPhone 5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-2uhs8es.gif  

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ABABABAB For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello schnubb,

I upgraded Winterboard first and still went into Safe Mode. Then I Uninstalled Winterboard, re-installed and once again went into Safe Mode upon respring. I didn't have Infiniboard, I only had InfiniDock and as soon as I UnInstalled InfiniDock, I did not go back into Safe Mode while having an active Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme. I even re-installed InfiniDock just to test it out but it went into Safe Mode as soon as I did a respiring. I'm sorry but in my original post I mistakenly said "InfiniFolder" and later corrected to InfiniDock. I hope this all makes sense!

I'm just an "interested user" as well!
    Yeah, sorry, I meant Infinidock, not Infiniboard. Itīs strange-it doesnīt cause some Safe Mode here. But I think Iīll try Scrollingboard.
    Letīs see what happens....

27. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can't find buuf iPhone 5 inside cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vaimcy View Post
    I can't find buuf iPhone 5 inside cydia
    Not in Cydia yet....The links to get the themes are within this thread (start with the first post). You have to install the themes via SSH. You can use the app = WinSCP on a Windows machine or get CyberDuck to use on a Mac. Also, use Google for some How-To tutorials & there are some guides in Cydia's main page regarding SSH.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just restored re jailbreaked installed winterboard then buuf hd but still get safemode my only thought is it must be a appstore app conflicting any ideas??
    iphone5 6.1.2