+ Reply
Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hey everyone, Sorry if this is off topic but I'm going nuts and I'm looking for a little help from any javascript coding experts regarding GPS weather on my Lockscreen
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 1,020 Posts

Hey everyone,
    Sorry if this is off topic but I'm going nuts and I'm looking for a little help from any javascript coding experts regarding GPS weather on my Lockscreen mod:
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-photo.png
    Here is a link to download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfhxsymfr...y%20mod.LS.rar
    My problem is with the current weather not the 4-day forecast. It's not behaving like GPS weather should. If I change locations, it does not update to the new weather for that location.....the 4-day forecast does but not the current weather. I've been working on this for days and I'm starting to go nuts! Best I can see by looking at the code is that the 4-day forecast gets location from the MyLocation.txt file in the .../documents/ folder while the current forecast does not - it seems to be looking for something from "LibWeather". I'd like to change the code so it too looks for the MyLocation.txt but over the last couple of days I've been unsuccessful. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info to diagnose problem.

EDIT: Part solved. I'm now getting current weather from the MyLocation.txt file (took lots of playing with the code but finally got it!) but it's still not updating on the fly automatically.
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-30-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry if this is off topic but I'm going nuts and I'm looking for a little help from any javascript coding experts regarding GPS weather on my Lockscreen mod:
    Attachment 628058
    Here is a link to download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkfhxsymfr...y%20mod.LS.rar
    My problem is with the current weather not the 4-day forecast. It's not behaving like GPS weather should. If I change locations, it does not update to the new weather for that location.....the 4-day forecast does but not the current weather. I've been working on this for days and I'm starting to go nuts! Best I can see by looking at the code is that the 4-day forecast gets location from the MyLocation.txt file in the .../documents/ folder while the current forecast does not - it seems to be looking for something from "LibWeather". I'd like to change the code so it too looks for the MyLocation.txt but over the last couple of days I've been unsuccessful. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more info to diagnose problem.
    Sorry bro, no clue but I am digging that LS. Is there a iPhone 5 version?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nnfdcane For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Sorry bro, no clue but I am digging that LS. Is there a iPhone 5 version?
    Thanks for the message. As soon as I have the weather figured out I will make an i5 version.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Cool. Is that animated weather behind the 4 day forecast?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Cool. Is that animated weather behind the 4 day forecast?
    Unfortunately not........at least not yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello,

once i download the theme. how to i apply it to my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CosmeKid's Avatar
    Thanks

what is the name of that font??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Hey everyone,
    Attachment 628058
    Marty Mc...,

I "think" the theme is looking for the current location via /var/mobil/documents/myLocation.txt. This myLocation.txt was not on my iPhone so I did some research and found and downloaded an app from Cydia called "MyLocation" (of course that's what it's called...hahaha!). It created the myLocation.txt file within the /documents folder.

If the location still doesn't update when you go from one place to another, try this (I saw this in another post): Move the myLocation.txt file out of the subfolder and put it into the "root" folder of the theme and try again.

For some reason when I was modifying your (modified) Impulse theme, I no longer get any Forecasts. That entire box is just displaying a cloudy view (although it is cloudy where I live!). I've messed up too many files I guess! LOL! I was able to use the Buuf weather icons for the "Today" weather info, just not working for the forecast...Guess I'll look into it more tomorrow....Yawn...Nite All!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moodii View Post
    hello,

You have to have an app like ifile off cydia. If you already do then open var/stash/ themes then cut and paste. It will be in your documents file. I'll attach images to show you. ImageUploadedByModMyi1364537001.887412.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1364537012.901564.jpg

Thank you all for all the help and thank you Doreen for this awesome theme. I've done a few tweaks to it myself to customize it. Oh yeah and thank you REL for your black theme too! Love the BUUF community!! Here are some pics. ImageUploadedByModMyi1364537199.835446.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1364537214.001915.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1364537231.734406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1364537286.665620.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1364537301.281602.jpg
    Last edited by 49wyztoscore; 03-29-2013 at 12:08 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 49wyztoscore For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-29-2013), Doreen (03-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moodii View Post
    hello,

If you don't use iFile try iFunBox on your PC or Mac. It's free. Navigate to the var/stash/Themes.xxx folder and click on "Copy from XX" and locate the theme (wherever you downloaded it to), select it and there you go! Next, go into Winterboard and slect the theme, respring your phone it and should be applied to your iPhone 5!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-29-2013)

Thanks

Default LS Weather
    Hey you do not know what the weather, and where can I get it? thank youBuuf iPhone 5 HD-weather.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Marty Mc...,

I "think" the theme is looking for the current location via /var/mobil/documents/myLocation.txt. This myLocation.txt was not on my iPhone so I did some research and found and downloaded an app from Cydia called "MyLocation" (of course that's what it's called...hahaha!). It created the myLocation.txt file within the /documents folder.

If the location still doesn't update when you go from one place to another, try this (I saw this in another post): Move the myLocation.txt file out of the subfolder and put it into the "root" folder of the theme and try again.

For some reason when I was modifying your (modified) Impulse theme, I no longer get any Forecasts. That entire box is just displaying a cloudy view (although it is cloudy where I live!). I've messed up too many files I guess! LOL! I was able to use the Buuf weather icons for the "Today" weather info, just not working for the forecast...Guess I'll look into it more tomorrow....Yawn...Nite All!
    Thanks burrzoo! I actually have MyLocation installed and the MyLocation.txt file is indeed getting updated. The 4-day forecast uses it and it works great (ie: changes on the fly whenever I change locations). The code for current weather is the issue I think as it is not using the MyLocation.txt file as you can see from this line in the code:
    ("GET","/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist",false); **I don't think the 'false' means don't get it**

It uses the native weather iphone app with the "LibWeather" cydia app in order to get location/weather. Where as the MyLocation method uses the phones actual GPS coordinates. I'd like to change the code so the current weather also gets it's information using MyLocation; the same way the 4-day forecast does. Make sense?

Now I haven't tried moving the MyLocation.txt file because the code specifically has the path "var/mobile/documents" which is where the file is. But maybe I will give it a shot just to see what happens. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-29-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks

Thanks burrzoo! I actually have MyLocation installed and the MyLocation.txt file is indeed getting updated. The 4-day forecast uses it and it works great (ie: changes on the fly whenever I change locations). The code for current weather is the issue I think as it is not using the MyLocation.txt file as you can see from this line in the code:
    ("GET","/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.ashman.LibWeather.cache.plist",false); **I don't think the 'false' means don't get it**

It uses the native weather iphone app with the "LibWeather" cydia app in order to get location/weather. Where as the MyLocation method uses the phones actual GPS coordinates. I'd like to change the code so the current weather also gets it's information using MyLocation; the same way the 4-day forecast does. Make sense?

Now I haven't tried moving the MyLocation.txt file because the code specifically has the path "var/mobile/documents" which is where the file is. But maybe I will give it a shot just to see what happens. Thanks again!
    Well, I had it totally reversed! LOL! I can get the "now" weather for my city and it does not change when I go to another city so like you looking for a fix. Now I need to fix the forecast since I'm getting nothing at all....

Maybe we need to change the Location and NOT put in our WOEID, Address or Zip...Have you tried that yet?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABABABAB View Post
    Hey you do not know what the weather, and where can I get it? thank youAttachment 628165
    That is a Buuf LS theme I made a couple years ago for the iPhone 4 I don't even think I have it anymore but "if" I can find it I will post it to share okay...

ABABABAB

Sorry I looked on my external Hard Drive and I don't have it anymore I think it was a Lockinfo theme I made for a member here that goes by the name of "Scarch" he was in my old thread for the Buuf iPhone 4 HD you could send him a PM to see if he still has that theme okay. (but I don't have it anymore I just checked)
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-29-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks

Well, I had it totally reversed! LOL! I can get the "now" weather for my city and it does not change when I go to another city so like you looking for a fix. Now I need to fix the forecast since I'm getting nothing at all....

Maybe we need to change the Location and NOT put in our WOEID, Address or Zip...Have you tried that yet?
    Sorry, I don't think I understand your question. If you have MyLocation installed, here is a really simple and great test you can do to make sure it's operating correctly - therefore making the issue with the widget actually retrieving the data:

GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

As you can see in that thread if you read the last couple of pages, we are not alone - many having this same problem with weather widgets only updating location after a respring. Again, I don't think the problem is with the MyLocation app or the MyLocation.txt file as that test will prove - that only leaves the widget

It's funny, I'm sure there are many people out there who see an image, a correct location and a temperature and assume their GPS weather widget is working correctly. But how many truly are? Location and weather should change instantly when travelling (notwithstanding any SetInterval settings in the code).

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-30-2013)

Thanks

To anyone that has been trying to figure out the lock and chain lockscreen: I have it on my ipad and I'm trying to see what I can do. Do you need the lock and chain to be up higher, above the camera thing? Or do you want it moved over to the left? I'm not sure if it looks the same on my ipad as it does on your phones. I feel like I may be able to help you with this. Can anyone post some screenshots with a detailed description. That will help since I only have an ipad. Thank you.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vigilante Banana For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-30-2013), Marty McFly (03-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    That is a Buuf LS theme I made a couple years ago for the iPhone 4 I don't even think I have it anymore but "if" I can find it I will post it to share okay...

ABABABAB

Sorry I looked on my external Hard Drive and I don't have it anymore I think it was a Lockinfo theme I made for a member here that goes by the name of "Scarch" he was in my old thread for the Buuf iPhone 4 HD you could send him a PM to see if he still has that theme okay. (but I don't have it anymore I just checked)
    Hi Doreen. I'll be very glad if you write him a private message and requests about the weather on LS. I'll be waiting. Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Banana View Post
    To anyone that has been trying to figure out the lock and chain lockscreen: I have it on my ipad and I'm trying to see what I can do. Do you need the lock and chain to be up higher, above the camera thing? Or do you want it moved over to the left? I'm not sure if it looks the same on my ipad as it does on your phones. I feel like I may be able to help you with this. Can anyone post some screenshots with a detailed description. That will help since I only have an ipad. Thank you.
    Hello V.B.,

The Chain Links run under the Camera Grabber icon and when you attempt to slide the Camera grabber icon upwards (to access the camera on the lock screen) the Chain/Lock Unlock Image appears but you can never really access the Camera app from the lock screen.
    I hope this is making sense!

I've attached two pictures. #1 showing the end of the Chain/Lock image appearing "under" the Camera Grabber icon and screenshot #2 of the Broken Lock image being displayed when moving the Camera Grabber icon upwards.

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-1.chainundercameraslide.png

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-2.slidecameraiconup-doesntwork.png

Thanks for your Help! If you do get it working on the iPad, please send it our way!!!

Much appreciated!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello V.B.,

The Chain Links run under the Camera Grabber icon and when you attempt to slide the Camera grabber icon upwards (to access the camera on the lock screen) the Chain/Lock Unlock Image appears but you can never really access the Camera app from the lock screen.
    I hope this is making sense!

I've attached two pictures. #1 showing the end of the Chain/Lock image appearing "under" the Camera Grabber icon and screenshot #2 of the Broken Lock image being displayed when moving the Camera Grabber icon upwards.

Attachment 628526

Attachment 628527

Thanks for your Help! If you do get it working on the iPad, please send it our way!!!

Much appreciated!
    Nice LS Thanks for explaining the situation burrzoo.

You go banana! We're routing for you. God speed my son!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 03-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't think I understand your question. If you have MyLocation installed, here is a really simple and great test you can do to make sure it's operating correctly - therefore making the issue with the widget actually retrieving the data:

GPS Based HTML Lockscreen Weather Theme

As you can see in that thread if you read the last couple of pages, we are not alone - many having this same problem with weather widgets only updating location after a respring. Again, I don't think the problem is with the MyLocation app or the MyLocation.txt file as that test will prove - that only leaves the widget

It's funny, I'm sure there are many people out there who see an image, a correct location and a temperature and assume their GPS weather widget is working correctly. But how many truly are? Location and weather should change instantly when travelling (notwithstanding any SetInterval settings in the code).

Hi Marty,

I'm still looking for the resolution to have the Current Weather get automatically updated when you change locations. Thanks so much for posting this theme! I'm having fun modding and testing it. If you want to also use it on your SpringBoard, just change the name of the LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.HTML!
    I used Doreen's Weather icon sets instead of the HTC set since it is Buuf'd. I modified your "Impulse-McFly PSD.psd" so I could move the Forecast Table down a touch. It was a little too close to the status bar for me. I did not do the best job as I'm really crappy with any image editing. I would like to have other colors as well as your maroon color. Is there an easy way to do this and if so, can you tell me how? I am so lame just trying to make any simple image changes! LOL!
    I also changed the Forecast day of the week color and text size so I could see it more easily and quickly. Ahhhhh, age will catch up to you all! LOL!

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-impulsemoddedforsb.png

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post: