+ Reply
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Yes very specific I am only crashing when I use Winterboard w/ Summerboard enabled. I tried "several" various themes so I ruled out that it was related to the Buuf
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,164 Posts

Yes very specific I am only crashing when I use Winterboard w/ Summerboard enabled. I tried "several" various themes so I ruled out that it was related to the Buuf theme. As soon as I select "any" theme in Winterboard and enable Summerboard then attempt to drag certain icons into my Dock I crash. I took off iconoclasm, infiniboard and Five Dock so I know it's not the tweaks. If I just theme the long route not using WB then all is fine. I just don't have time to do that each time I want to switch things up. Not much I can do atm but keep things simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryama View Post
    So is there any way to get "Summerboard /Icons/" method icons on the dock without a crash? I'm stuck using the "/Bundles/" method on those App Store apps I want on the dock, so they inherit the default mask/shadow.
    Sorry Ryama

Since I am not a developer I cannot answer you properly. It "seems" to me the issue is Winterboard related because the crashes are not specific to any theme in particular I crash in different ways using different themes (they are random) and only happening on my device when I enable Summerboard.
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-03-2013 at 05:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of surprised there's no tweak that basically shunts user-uploaded icons to wherever they need to be to replace the default icons automatically, rather than having to SSH into every /Bundle/com.* and figure out which icon files to replace. But most importantly, it could get around the auto mask/shadow.

Anyone found a way to replace the Adult Swim app icon? It's got brackets in its name and that seems to mess it up I guess? :P
    Last edited by Ryama; 03-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Thanks for the kind words cavman...

burrzoo are you still experiencing crashing? I've tried completely different themes from other themers and I also tried to rebuild my Buuf theme completely from scratch and I am experiencing more and more crashing to the point where I can hardly enjoy my phone. I'm still working on trying to resolve this but it's not looking very good...

Nah don't worry it happens all the time online. hehe

Are you experiencing any crashing w/ the theme R.E.L?
    No crashes here no sudden resprings all works smoothly
    No summerboard on I used the bundles theming way not used the icons folder
    I've uploaded what I did a few posts back
    Learning to change icon once using bundles method and then it's so easy I recommend everyone to read five min and u get it
    Then u can control the theme perfectly
    Btw I got icon mask no frames and stuff purely buuf icons wiowiowio

Thanks

I too am using the bundles method with R.E.L.s transparent icon mask and have no problems. I spent most of yesterday gathering icons and putting them into bundles. I can share what I have if anyone wants.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavman2004 View Post
    I too am using the bundles method with R.E.L.s transparent icon mask and have no problems. I spent most of yesterday gathering icons and putting them into bundles. I can share what I have if anyone wants.

Hi I want to share a thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm glad I'll be able to have a Buuf theme on my iPhone 5! I was saddened to see Infinity not being worked on for iOS 6, but I'm certainly glad this one is. Thank you, Doreen!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheeMattMarquis For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Thank you TheeMattMarquis.

Well it might be a slow go due to my work schedule but eventually we will get there okay.

burrzoo!

I have pinned down "the" issue! Like I said earlier I suspected the crashes were due to Winterboard when "Summerboard" is enabled but now I've got it pinned down more "precisely"

I need you to test this for me though okay?

You can turn on Winterboard and enable Summerboard but if you drag an app into your dock that you've themed the icon via the "Icons" folder you will crash everytime. But you can drag any icon into your dock that is themed via the bundles "only" another words:

1. Theme all your icons via the Icons folder.

2. Theme all your "Dock" app's icons via bundles.

3. Double check to make certain you do not have any icons in the Icons folder themed for any apps that you are going to drag into your Dock. (The reason is that the icons that are themed in the Icons folder will overwrite the bundles and you will crash and go into Safe Mode everytime)

Please let me know I've been testing this over and over again and I've got it resolved hence why the crashes were so sporadic (since all themers are theming their app icons via a "mixture" of both bundles and the Icons folder)

I hope this makes sense? If you need further clarification let me know. So it's a bug in Winterboard and I don't know when saurik will fix it or if he is aware of it but until it is fixed I found this as a work around.
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-04-2013 at 09:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    but until it is fixed I found this as a work around.
    What are you saying the workaround is?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryama For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-05-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

I hope you guys can help me out. I am using "Buuf FlipClock LAW HD.theme" in my iphone 5 and facing few issues where the animated screen are not coming full size. can anyone please let me know how I can sort this out? I did figured out how to get the lockscreen wallpaper to full screen size but that fix (changing Width and height in xml) is not working here for animation screens. Please see the screenshot for reference.

Doreen I know this is not something you are working on and already have a very busy schedule, but could I please request to put some light on this issue for me?

A big thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-img_0091.png  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-05-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Doreen...i notice the banner on top(clock and battery display) is showing transparent background while browsing on photo...is there anyway to fix that?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Keith89 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-05-2013)

Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Thank you TheeMattMarquis.

Well it might be a slow go due to my work schedule but eventually we will get there okay.

burrzoo!

I have pinned down "the" issue! Like I said earlier I suspected the crashes were due to Winterboard when "Summerboard" is enabled but now I've got it pinned down more "precisely"

I need you to test this for me though okay?

You can turn on Winterboard and enable Summerboard but if you drag an app into your dock that you've themed the icon via the "Icons" folder you will crash everytime. But you can drag any icon into your dock that is themed via the bundles "only" another words:

1. Theme all your icons via the Icons folder.

2. Theme all your "Dock" app's icons via bundles.

3. Double check to make certain you do not have any icons in the Icons folder themed for any apps that you are going to drag into your Dock. (The reason is that the icons that are themed in the Icons folder will overwrite the bundles and you will crash and go into Safe Mode everytime)

Please let me know I've been testing this over and over again and I've got it resolved hence why the crashes were so sporadic (since all themers are theming their app icons via a "mixture" of both bundles and the Icons folder)

I hope this makes sense? If you need further clarification let me know. So it's a bug in Winterboard and I don't know when saurik will fix it or if he is aware of it but until it is fixed I found this as a work around.
    Hi Doreen,

I have to laugh! I wrote up something similar yesterday and I never posted the Reply that says just about the same exact thing!!!!!!! (I'll add it in a moment to this post for sanity sake...mine!) I did email schnubb yesterday with some of this info so I do have evidence!
    Yes, I've tested this countless times in the past 2 days and have the exact same results! LOL!

I already have all of the Native Apple apps "Bundled" and have also Bundles Starbucks and Twitter. The "issue" I have with the bundles Apple Store Apps (Starbucks, Twitter) is that they now have the Black Box Background. I do have a work around but it's not a workaround that everyone might want to do even though it is temporary. (and won't be needed if everyone follows your guide above) If you just remember to NOT put the I had been working on it for so long that I lost track of time and never checked this thread again (or made my post). Here is the workaround (which you will be somewhat familiar with since I thought it just had to do with adding the com.apple.MobileIcons.framework bundle with necessary .PNGs but also need system file renames):

1. Located here: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework
    Bundle ID: com.apple.mobileicons.framework
    1. Rename (no need to delete, remember, this would be a temporary fix) the following Apple System files as follows:
    AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png Rename to Original_AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png
    Size: 118x120px
    AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png Rename to Original_AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png Rename to Original_AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

2. I Added this bundle to your Buuf Theme Bundles folder: com.apple.MobileIcons.framework which included PNGs modified to PNG-24 but now I'm finding that I don't even need it because of renaming those system files above. Would we need to use it if Winterboard is fixed and if we Bundled an Apple Store app? You might know that answer):
    AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

The main drawback to this process is that it makes every other springboard app icon look "Un-finished" with no rounded corners on many apps but if you absolutely must have an Apple Store app icon in your dock that is Buuf-themed and has no black background, then this is the only way I've found and been able to make it work.

I tried to add some before and after screenshots but am having "technical" difficulties ATM!

Here's my Post/Reply to R.E.L. and all from yesterday morning that I never submitted (although I learned something since I wrote it!):
    Hello R.E.L.

I thank you again for your Theme updates. I am also (one of many apparently) updating the Bundles folder.
    Here are a few differences/observations that I've found and with this method I am not crashing:

1. If I want to use ScrollingDock then any app icon that I want to move into the Dock must be themed using the Bundle method. If I have corresponding .PNGs for an app that I want in the dock then I just rename it within the Icons folder (for example: [email protected]) so I can use it later on when a WinterBoard update comes along that hopefully will solve our problems.

2. Since it is very time consuming to theme using the Bundle method, I only theme the apps I want in the Dock so I can still use the Icons folder for any other App Icon and I still leave SummerBoard on. If you don't leave Summerboard on, then your app icons will not be themed using the Icons folder.
    The main item to be aware of when using this method is to make absolutely sure that you do not attempt to move any App Icon which has not been themed using the Bundle method into the Dock or you will surely crash, crash crash and immediately go into Safe Mode!!

3. The only thing I'm trying to work out now is the black mask around the non-native apps when Summerboard is set to "on." I'm using this tutorial and had it working for about 5 minutes! Then I messed something up. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Before renaming and After renaming screenshots for the files Located here: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ys9FGBiT!BL8lGk...4ChgiHAJsfC3NU

https://mega.co.nz/#!NsVEkRQb!eWtMuE...uMa4FZcrBaq8mA
    Last edited by burrzoo; 03-05-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryama View Post
    What are you saying the workaround is?
    The workaround is to not place any apps in your "Dock" that you have not themed the icon via the bundles okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post

Doreen I know this is not something you are working on and already have a very busy schedule, but could I please request to put some light on this issue for me?

A big thank you in advance.
    Hello Nitten

Unfortunately that particular theme is a mesh of script from ages ago that gadezu edited I would recommend you download my flip clocks from the first post in this thread I know mine are working for the iPhone 5 until I can find some time to take a look for you on his.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith89 View Post
    Hey Doreen...i notice the banner on top(clock and battery display) is showing transparent background while browsing on photo...is there anyway to fix that?
    I had to do that in order to get my top wooden statusbar to show through so that was the nasty side effect or consequence of having the main theme look clean. I had to make a trade off there. If you find someone else that knows a workaround to fix that please share that w/ me. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hi Doreen,

I have to laugh! I wrote up something similar yesterday and I never posted the Reply that says just about the same exact thing!!!!!!! (I'll add it in a moment to this post for sanity sake...mine!) I did email schnubb yesterday with some of this info so I do have evidence!
    Yes, I've tested this countless times in the past 2 days and have the exact same results! LOL!
    Okay then we are now on the same page w/ the issue and we can move ahead. The crashing was annoying. Nowwww all I need is some time! My job is literally sucking the life completely out of me.
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-06-2013), Nittenyadhav (03-06-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks Doreen, appreciate your help.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for your work and effort Doreen!!! I have one question though: Will you upload EVERYTHING to Cydia as i mean the theme with all the mods?? Because i find quite complicated to make it work without having any issues.

Thanks agains!! We aprecciate it!! Salute from Seville, Spain !!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to fvr_santu For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-06-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Dorren, I think I got it working full display for iPhone 5 screen. Still testing to see if all animations are fixed as per full screen if all good and working I'll upload the theme here for other people to enjoy.

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-photo.png

Could you please also look at this and let me know how I can get this area (status bar themed) or may be whats the name of this file and where in bundle its located?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-2013-03-04-21.14.31.png   Buuf iPhone 5 HD-2013-03-04-21.15.10.png  
    Last edited by Nittenyadhav; 03-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

THAAAAAANK you very much burrzoo, the Timmie-theme works.
    I have just added some more icons. Fahrinfo & Gault Millau are wonderful, you´re the King!
    Have to figure out the right font-Cartoon font is unreadable. Any hints of anyone?

Here are some pictures.

Big THX to all who have helped with the issue of the unthemed icons and the bundles.
    Special THX. again to burrzoo & Doreen!

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-foto.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-image.png

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-06-2013), Doreen (03-06-2013)

Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

I'll upload the Bundle updated theme with some notes later on so other can use it....

schnubb, ENJOY!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

49wyztoscore (03-07-2013), Doreen (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fvr_santu View Post
    Thanks so much for your work and effort Doreen!!! I have one question though: Will you upload EVERYTHING to Cydia as i mean the theme with all the mods?? Because i find quite complicated to make it work without having any issues.

Thanks agains!! We aprecciate it!! Salute from Seville, Spain !!!
    The reason I don't want to upload it to Cydia "yet" is because if I don't have everything done on the theme then it becomes way too much work as I will get bombed w/ hundreds of ppl asking me for help around the clock (and I cannot accommodate them) So when the theme is "finished being updated" then I will upload it to Cydia as it stands right now when I fix something I can just easily upload the new file instantaneously for everyone I do not want to drive Kyle crazy doing a ton of updates for me up on Cydia. He too has a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Hi Dorren, I think I got it working full display for iPhone 5 screen. Still testing to see if all animations are fixed as per full screen if all good and working I'll upload the theme here for other people to enjoy.

Attachment 625124

Could you please also look at this and let me know how I can get this area (status bar themed) or may be whats the name of this file and where in bundle its located?
    Please let me know because I cannot be certain off the top of my head but I believe that image is located in the UIImages folder within my theme "[email protected]" (I hope)
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-06-2013 at 08:09 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Nittenyadhav (03-07-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Doreen thanks for the tip, actually its "TintOverlay_Base.png"

And for people looking to have the old Buuf FlipClock lockscreen please download from here. Everything is working as per iPhone 5 compatibility and its amazing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2vwvbds7e...ne_5.theme.zip

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-07-2013), WhyNotCallMeRo (03-07-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi guys still trying to fix the Buuf theme in my phone. Can anyone let me know how I can turn these red highlighted text and arrow in white like highlighted in green? Due to have them in dark color they are not visible on background. Any help will be appreciated.

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-img_0104.png