Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    Great!I think you used the bundles method, right? Did use Appfinder for this, too?
    I never tried this method before but think its worth a try, even if it takes longer....
    AppFinder?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.L / Double R.E.L View Post
    its 2 in israel
    soon starting to upload it bro]
    i suggest remove all buuf related things from winterboard then respring so you get back to default looks
    then delete all buuf stuff how ever u want ifile or ssh
    then copy what im gonna upload then apply it in winterboard and respring
    soon gonna post dl link (its uploading)
    i must say i am currently not using the lockscreen of the buuf theme

Added also Zeppelin Buuf emotion !

any other color keyboard themes for buuf that works with ip5 and ios6 ? i dont want to sound like im complaining but its not so nice hehe
    also is there anyway i can choose custom notification sounds for different apps ?
    sorry for the Questions its my first iphone !

ok here is the download link : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/Buuf%20iPhone%205.zip
    added : compass just drop this folder inside the bundles folder from the file above
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/com.apple.compass.zip

the buuf emotion folder is for zeppelin ! i guess u know how to add themes there
    let me know how it went !
    Thanks, bro. Unfortunately the icons are not shown as themed if I ssh them to the IP (private/var/stash/Themes).
    Do you or anyone have any clue to this issue? Of course Summerboard is ON.
    -bildschirmfoto-2013-03-02-um-09.10.37.png
    Last edited by schnubb; 03-02-2013 at 02:12 AM.

schnubb ofcourse it wont change its not the bundles
    this icons folder you look at is just extra icons if u want to use with the theme
    my summerboard is off and did not have any resprings or problems
    all my icons are changed just missing icon mask

private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 Theme/Bundles

This is where the icons get themed not icons folder
    And I haven't used appinfo or appfinder I just checked in info.plist file of each app

-img_0004.png-img_0005.png-img_0006.png

any designer here can make a transparent 128x128 png ? i think i could work with that for icon masks
    its pretty simple for who knows how to use photoshop its 3 simple files check it out

How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

http://forum.badgb.com/topic/18547-h...appstore-apps/

missing icon masks then it will be like 90% complete !!
    Last edited by R.E.L / Double R.E.L; 03-02-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hi Doreen,

Thanks! I'll play with Unfold! Also, thanks for the image. I don't think I have that issue of saving the image on my Mac but if I do, I'll try your suggestion.

Hey, it's your day off! Have some fun!!!!
    Hi burrzoo

Not much fun but alot of catch up on my days off. hehe
    Okay here is my bundle (attached below) simply unzip and drop the folder into your bundles folder within the theme. If it does not work then you need to simply rename the images to the new titles. That part I still have not had time to do. Just extremely busy sorry.

schnubb ofcourse it wont change its not the bundles
    this icons folder you look at is just extra icons if u want to use with the theme
    my summerboard is off and did not have any resprings or problems
    all my icons are changed just missing icon mask

private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 Theme/Bundles

This is where the icons get themed not icons folder
    And I haven't used appinfo or appfinder I just checked in info.plist file of each app

-img_0004.png-img_0005.png-img_0006.png

any designer here can make a transparent 128x128 png ? i think i could work with that for icon masks
    its pretty simple for who knows how to use photoshop its 3 simple files check it out

How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

How to create an icon mask that theme all appstore apps - bAdGigabit

missing icon masks then it will be like 90% complete !!
    Been done already. Unzip and place the attached folder in your bundles folder...

Actually this theme is the accumulation of a couple of years work "all" the files are already posted for everyone all "anyone" needs to do is rename them for the new iOS. As I said I am trying hard to do this but it will take time w/ my work schedule okay.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-02-2013 at 08:04 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-08-2013), kristatos (03-04-2013)

cool for the icon masks !

here are the renamed files its working
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/co....framework.zip

but to be honest it looks bad if someone could make SAME sizes of files but just transparent it will be much more nicer then it wont be bounded in this note thing and buuf icons will look like system icons
    -img_0010.png

7. The Following User Says Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

kristatos (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Hmm that is strange it should not be auto masking the Buuf'd icons but rather "only" the icons from third party apps not themed by either the bundles route or the Icons folder?

I'm going to assume you are strictly theming your icons via bundles? (not the Icons folder right?) because if you have a theme icon in a bundles folder and also one for the same app via the Icons folder the icon in the Icons folder will overwrite the bundles icon okay.

And what is even stranger is I do not use the Auto Masks and all my icons are themed w/ no transparency issues?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-02-2013)

yes i am theming via bundles not with icons folder and its not masking the buufed icons its masking 3rd party apps that i changed the icon with bundle name the system apps that are themed looks good
    i dont really know other way to do it
    how to theme 3rd party apps with icons folder?
    and u say icon mask shouldent look this way ?
    i am used to see buuf icons as them selfs with out any frame etc thats why if it was transparent like on my ipad it was perfect

hey just did an icon mask based from other thing but again its still not perfect but better then before check it out (for perfect looking transparent will do look at all system apps with out frames)
    help me
    to use it add it to Themes folder not to bundles remove previous mobileiconsframework folder
    and choose this icon mask above the theme and walla !

-img_0011.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/Bu...Con%20Mask.zip

look at the icons here its just different masking and the best

[IMG][img=http://s13.postimage.org/wippa96wj/IMG_0024.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by R.E.L / Double R.E.L; 03-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

kristatos (03-04-2013)

whooo did it !!!

-img_0012.png

download it here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/Bu...20Mask%203.zip

choose it above the iphone 5 theme
    now im complete buufed !!!!!

im uploading this theme with all the changes ive made added renamed etc...
    everything here is perfectly buufed i have used the bundles theming way the only way i know
    so for each one who wants to add an icon he needs to put it in bundle name inside bundles folder with correct icon name (its easier then it sounds)

dl link coming soon :
    Last edited by R.E.L / Double R.E.L; 03-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-02-2013), cavman2004 (03-02-2013), Hosko817 (03-05-2013), kristatos (03-04-2013), nnfdcane (03-09-2013), T0TALED (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Excellent! I was not ignoring you just trying to figure out why you were having that issue. Everyone keeps reporting things that I seem to not have the same problem with. Anyways, glad you got that resolved...

As for theming the icons. The easiest way now that Winterboard has been fixed is to create a folder named "Icons" make sure you cap the "I" it is case sensitive.

And drop two of the same icon into the folder named as such:

Mail.png
    [email protected]

And respring okay (If you have a bundle w/ a mail icon the icon withing the "Icons" folder will over ride it so don't worry.

Busy day today but tomorrow I should get a small break and I will see if I can update a few things on the main theme...
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-02-2013 at 10:09 AM.

yes mega happy with results its now same as my ipad adding icons is easy so all perfect and under control
    thnx u so much
    heheh and never said u were ignoring your mega kind person all cool bro

here is dl link : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/%2...one%205%21.zip

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-02-2013), cavman2004 (03-02-2013), kristatos (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Thank you, and me is kinda more like a sis than a bro (I suppose I'd only be really concerned if ppl called me that in real life) hehe!

I'm excited you are enjoying things. Have fun!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Junebug916 (03-08-2013)

Heheh sorry sis I just couldn't know that
    And sure now it's buufed I'm enjoying big time

20. The Following User Says Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

whooo did it !!!

-img_0012.png

download it here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/Bu...20Mask%203.zip

choose it above the iphone 5 theme
    now im complete buufed !!!!!

im uploading this theme with all the changes ive made added renamed etc...
    everything here is perfectly buufed i have used the bundles theming way the only way i know
    so for each one who wants to add an icon he needs to put it in bundle name inside bundles folder with correct icon name (its easier then it sounds)

dl link coming soon :
    Hello R.E.L.,
    Good for you on trying to work this out for yourself! Congrats! That is half of the fun when playing with these phones!
    There are many previous posts within this thread which I believe explain how to add a BUUF .PNG into the Icons folder so any particular application will be "Buuf'd." There are so many BUUF PNGs in the iPhone 4 Buuf theme thread that you could use (be sure they are 128 X 128 in size) without modifying the Bundles. Initially we also were modifying the Bundles because there was a problem with the Winterboard application. Winterboard has had 2 or 3 updates since this thread began and the updates resolved the issue (for a great majority of us) of the the springboard icons not being Buuf'd. It is so much easier to use the Icons folder method than updating Bundles. Many people were not getting their applications themed because they were not using the correct "naming convention" to the Buuf'd application Icon, so it would not get themed. The Buuf base language is mainly English and everyone needs to name the Icons using their "own" native language. I am pretty sure that you discovered this when you previously mentioned using AppInfo (I can't seem to find AppFinder).
    Lastly, if you find a Buuf .PNG that you want to use (a few are in this thread that I uploaded), the way you save it (if you have tried) might be causing the "background" (boxed image) to appear. Doreen suggested this:
    (make sure to open the image in a new tab/window before saving so you save it transparently too alright)

Sorry Doreen and R.E.L.! I was writing my lengthy post while you and R.E.L. were conversing.
    Last edited by burrzoo; 03-02-2013 at 10:32 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-03-2013)

Really enjoying this theme as its getting updated to the iPhone 5. I've had this theme on my 4, 4S, iPad, nook color, PS3 and now my 5. Getting close to having all my icons done. Spent most of the day creating bundles and changing icon names. Doreen thanks for all your work so far and look forward to the continued updates. I'm gonna make sure and donate some money to you for all your hard work.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cavman2004 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-03-2013)

Default Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavman2004 View Post
    Really enjoying this theme as its getting updated to the iPhone 5. I've had this theme on my 4, 4S, iPad, nook color, PS3 and now my 5. Getting close to having all my icons done. Spent most of the day creating bundles and changing icon names. Doreen thanks for all your work so far and look forward to the continued updates. I'm gonna make sure and donate some money to you for all your hard work.
    Thanks for the kind words cavman...

burrzoo are you still experiencing crashing? I've tried completely different themes from other themers and I also tried to rebuild my Buuf theme completely from scratch and I am experiencing more and more crashing to the point where I can hardly enjoy my phone. I'm still working on trying to resolve this but it's not looking very good...

Heheh sorry sis I just couldn't know that
    And sure now it's buufed I'm enjoying big time
    Nah don't worry it happens all the time online. hehe

Are you experiencing any crashing w/ the theme R.E.L?
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-03-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    burrzoo are you still experiencing crashing? I've tried completely different themes from other themers and I also tried to rebuild my Buuf theme completely from scratch and I am experiencing more and more crashing to the point where I can hardly enjoy my phone. I'm still working on trying to resolve this but it's not looking very good...
    Good Morning Doreen,

The only time that I seem to crash and go into Safe Mode (and it happens immediately) is when I try and move an Icon (Apple Stock or not) into the Dock. A few days ago, it only happened when I tried to move a Stock Apple app into the dock...I am using ScrollingBoard dock and Infinidock and I don't think that makes any difference. No Buuf theme and moving Icons into and out of the ScrollingBoard Dock or Infinidock seems to work a-ok. I've also had crashes when moving the Music App into any folder (on the dock or not on the dock).
    Something is definitely conflicting with the theme and the dock (and possibly a folder?).

I've been trying all sorts of combinations that I can't even remember what I've done! Do you think there is a naming-convention issue with the Buuf Theme apple-related bundles and the default Apple names?

Also, have had to Reboot to apply most of these changes when testing.

After awhile, it got to the point where I am continually crashing and going into Safe Mode when Buuf iPhone 5 HD was enabled/selected AND when Infinidock was installed (still!). I've cleared the /var/tmp files/folders (when allowed), rebooted and still no luck. Only crashes. Removed Infinidock and no more crashes. BUT, I still can't move the Music app and non-Stock "buff-themed" apps to the Apple Stock dock without crashing. I reinstalled Scrollingboard and can only put certain apps in the dock. Otherwise just crashing.

I've had it for now. Been testing for hours. Time for a break!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-03-2013)

Thanks

I tried taking out "all" the bundles and just keeping the wall and the icon folder and still crashed. I crash with "any" winterboard theme I use so I can safely assume it is not the Buuf theme now because I also did a clean install today and re jailbroke again (since they keep updating the JB) I noticed I was stable until I turn on any theme in winterboard then all Hell breaks loose so for now I am going to assume I've narrowed it down to Winterboard.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    I tried taking out "all" the bundles and just keeping the wall and the icon folder and still crashed. I crash with "any" winterboard theme I use so I can safely assume it is not the Buuf theme now because I also did a clean install today and re jailbroke again (since they keep updating the JB) I noticed I was stable until I turn on any theme in winterboard then all Hell breaks loose so for now I am going to assume I've narrowed it down to Winterboard.
    Hi Doreen,

Are you finding "specific" issues like I did when moving icons onto the Dock? Buuf Definitely doesn't play well with Infinidock (and I now like Scrollingboard better anyway). I can bypass crashes if I avoid the dock with Buuf-themed icons for most of the apps that I have.

Frustrating to say the least. If I knew the code then I might have more of a clue toward a resolution. LOL! I need some years under my belt for that! LOL!

I didn't figure out...yet ;O) how to get the cartoon glove hand to display on the LS theme but I did find out where to edit the text which is in the following file (make a copy of this first! because it's an Apple Original System File, not theme file)=
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings and search for AWAY_LOCK_LABEL.

I tried to alter your SpringBoard.strings file within the Buuf theme to at least get the text to display but whatever I did, the text ends up being displayed too far right near the camera button. I'm pretty lame with XML (well at least it looks like XML) and I don't know what to enter and where. LOL! Any experience that I have is only when modifying someone else's XML and even then.....
    This is the least of my (our) issues so I will just keep playing around and comparing with other .strings files to get a clue.
    Last edited by burrzoo; 03-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (03-03-2013)

So is there any way to get "Summerboard /Icons/" method icons on the dock without a crash? I'm stuck using the "/Bundles/" method on those App Store apps I want on the dock, so they inherit the default mask/shadow.

Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast