Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 66 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot, burrzoo. Sad to hear that respringcachefix won't help, Dorren.
    burzoo, which temp files can I delete without fear? I don't think the Language settings WIFi, 3G is causing some issue. I still believe it results from teh icon cache or another bug in ios 6. Thought about called Apple... :-) Funny is that they seemed to have sold me a Global model instead a GSM Europe model only. hrhr...
    i saw this as I wanted to install the ios for GSM models, it did not let me restore it, I had to take the ios of Global models. Or do I have to delete the Apple link in the host file on my Mac in order to restore to the GSM version?
    Anyway, I now have your App overview and I can take it as a reference for the next JB.... :-)
    Shall I call Apple and claim for sending the wrong model? But I think I'll get a refurbed one, ok, could have a try to get anew one, I have some mail addies of the guys in customer service...
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-27-2013 at 03:25 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    Thanks a lot, burrzoo. Sad to hear that respringcachefix won't help, Dorren.
    burzoo, which temp files can I delete without fear? I don't think the Language settings WIFi, 3G is causing some issue. I still believe it results from teh icon cache or another bug in ios 6. Thought about called Apple... :-) Funny is that they seemed to have sold me a Global model instead a GSM Europe model only. hrhr...
    i saw this as I wanted to install the ios for GSM models, it did not let me restore it, I had to take the ios of Global models. Or do I have to delete the Apple link in the host file on my Mac in order to restore to the GSM version?
    Anyway, I now have your App overview and I can take it as a reference for the next JB.... :-)
    Shall I call Apple and claim for sending the wrong model? But I think I'll get a refurbed one, ok, could have a try to get anew one, I have some mail addies of the guys in customer service...
    Thanks again!
    Hi schnubb,

I threw "my fate into the wind" and tried to delete very file/folder within the tmp folder. Some of the folders within were empty yet I was not allowed to delete them.

I'm not sure about a (International) GSM-only model for Europe/Germany, etc. I think that you might have the correct model. I tried to determine if there was an iPhone 5 and Firmware specifically for a GSM-only International Model and it seems that GSM-only might be for AT&T (US)/Canada or CDMA-GSM for US & most International. The CDMA/GSM model might be for both US & Europe...I'm not 100% sure though..
    Here is a list to compare Models:

All Differences Between iPhone 5 Models @ EveryiPhone.com

Here's the Firmware information:
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Did you download the specific IPSW (restore) file for your iPhone model or did you attempt to just restore your iPhone via iTunes? I had a similar issue in the past when trying to upgrade after a jbreak (especially when I used Tiny Umbrella to save my SHSH Blobs). I used to modify the Host File too on my Mac but last year even that didn't work for me (I could had made a mistake too). I now Jailbreak on a separate computer from the one that I use to update the firmware on. Also, I always download my Specific IPSW Restore/firmware file and do not use the upgrade feature via iTunes.
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-27-2013 at 04:25 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

schnubb (02-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 49wyztoscore View Post
    Lol! I say the sexy one and try to figure out the issues. These are the themes I have enabled and it works perfect on my phone and I couldn't tell you why I just know it does. Have you tried wiping your phone, re-jailbreaking it then reinstalling the theme?

Attachment 623986
    Yup, I've tried a clean update to the latest iOS and a JB w/ the latest 1.5 update and also tried other themes as well and the crashes still happen. (even legit apps from iTunes randomly crash now) so I'm going to assume it's either the Jailbreak or WinterBoard I could go stock and have a fully functioning iPhone but I've decided that is not an option for me (what good is a boring phone) I'd rather have an exciting sexy phone that I never know what will happen next! hehe (I personally cannot handle a phone that I cannot customize that's the bottom line)

I've not had much time to really read around but did catch mention somewhere that yet another apple update is coming soon to patch things up so stay away since look how long it took to get this JB. Long day, just checking in. Good night all...
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-27-2013 at 09:17 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Junebug916 (03-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Yup, I've tried a clean update to the latest iOS and a JB w/ the latest 1.5 update and also tried other themes as well and the crashes still happen. (even legit apps from iTunes randomly crash now) so I'm going to assume it's either the Jailbreak or WinterBoard I could go stock and have a fully functioning iPhone but I've decided that is not an option for me (what good is a boring phone) I'd rather have an exciting sexy phone that I never know what will happen next! hehe (I personally cannot handle a phone that I cannot customize that's the bottom line)

I've not had much time to really read around but did catch mention somewhere that yet another apple update is coming soon to patch things up so stay away since look how long it took to get this JB. Long day, just checking in. Good night all...
    Yes I will never go stock ever again. iTunes apps makes me think its a jailbreak issue. If you restored your phone to factory settings I'm at a loss. I'll do some research though.
    Creation is a beautiful thing

Hi all
    I'm getting my iPhone tomorrow first thing is to buuf it up
    Reading some posts here I see people getting crashes etc...
    Is it safe to install the theme ?
    I'm not using widgets and stuff just want to have the buuf looks
    Thnx u for your wonderful work !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.L / Double R.E.L View Post
    Hi all
    I'm getting my iPhone tomorrow first thing is to buuf it up
    Reading some posts here I see people getting crashes etc...
    Is it safe to install the theme ?
    I'm not using widgets and stuff just want to have the buuf looks
    Thnx u for your wonderful work !!
    Hello R.E.L.!

First off, let me say Congrats!
    Now, of course add the theme after you jailbreak. Many of us are not having issues (or have worked many of them out). If you can "customize it" before you add the Buuf theme to your (brand spankin' new) iPhone, I think you will have better luck. By customize I mean that you should change the weather-related items to your Zip Code and/or Yahoo Weather WOEID, add any additional Buuf-themed icons you may want for specific applications (that are not already in the folder) into the Icons folder, change wallpaper if you want, etc. then add the theme into your iPhone.

Good luck and ENJOY!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

schnubb (02-28-2013)

Hey burrzoo thank you so much for the detailed replay
    About zip code and stuff I'm not planning to use the weather widget so is it a must ?
    I am no pro at theming but I did get the point of how to change icons and some other stuff
    So basically I shouldn't expect any issues as I understand
    Great !!!!
    Of course first thing ill do is install winter board and ssh buuf to my device can't wait !!!
    Thanks again to anyone who helps with this awesome theme and the whole community for the help
    Catch u all around in buuf land (+_+)

Could you please help me how to change Fahrenheit to Celeius, thank you very much!

Thanks

Hello rubliw

I have very clearly provided this in the instructions within the file okay but here it is once again...

Note: Simple edits below for your own personal preferences.
    var Temp = "f"; // "c" for Celsius / "f" for fahrenheit.

Thanks

Hi Doreen,

I don't have a "Gloved Hand" on the slide-to-open fence on the LS I think others have this issue too). I see within the Buuf Liveweather iP5 LS theme that there is a folder called com.apple.TelephonyUI. Within this folder there are a few different selections (options?) as follows:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Is this what I'm looking for and can I use one of these .PNGs and "place" it somewhere else to get the LS gloved hand to show up on the LS or make some other change?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

I noticed that too initially. It seems the images need to be renamed for the new iOS However, I'm currently using a tweak named "unfold" which makes whatever themed LS you have unfold to open (very cool effect)

I do know that directory for the slider image is here:

/Library/Application Support/Unfold/Unfold.bundle/[email protected]

I'm off today but I have alot of running around to do but I will see if I can poke around tonight and post some help for you then okay? In the mean time here is the image you want and will need to possibly edit the size and find the correct image name to title it correctly but it shouldn't be too difficult.

(make sure to open the image in a new tab/window before saving so you save it transparently too alright) have a good day!
    Last edited by Doreen; 03-01-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    I noticed that too initially. It seems the images need to be renamed for the new iOS However, I'm currently using a tweak named "unfold" which makes whatever themed LS you have unfold to open (very cool effect)

I do know that directory for the slider image is here:

/Library/Application Support/Unfold/Unfold.bundle/[email protected]

I'm off today but I have alot of running around to do but I will see if I can poke around tonight and post some help for you then okay? In the mean time here is the image you want and will need to possibly edit the size and find the correct image name to title it correctly but it shouldn't be too difficult.

(make sure to open the image in a new tab/window before saving so you save it transparently too alright) have a good day!
    Hi Doreen,

Thanks! I'll play with Unfold! Also, thanks for the image. I don't think I have that issue of saving the image on my Mac but if I do, I'll try your suggestion.

Hey, it's your day off! Have some fun!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK girls and guys. I give up after the 3rd JB and all manual install. I installed everything correctly. No icons get themed, switching Summerboard ON still hits me to safe mode. Waiting for an iOS and/or JB/Winterboard update. Im fed up.

got my iphone managed to change all icons etc... just missing icon mask
    this bundle is missing i see com.apple.mobileicons.framework i can do it my self but i need source file its just naming it correctly
    or there is an icon mask for this theme and im missing it?
    thx guys

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.L / Double R.E.L View Post
    got my iphone managed to change all icons etc... just missing icon mask
    this bundle is missing i see com.apple.mobileicons.framework i can do it my self but i need source file its just naming it correctly
    or there is an icon mask for this theme and im missing it?
    thx guys
    May I ask how you managed to theme the icons? I think you have used another method than the icon's one.
    Mine are in var/stash/Themes/Buu5 and they don't get themed.

i can upload what ive changed and added let me just go get a shower
    i just checked in the right path of the system and checked info.plist for all the information about bundle and icon name

if u can help me get the right sizes for the iconmasks i can do it but need to find sources

done : adding some bundles and ill upload it
    also added UISounds
    Last edited by R.E.L / Double R.E.L; 03-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great!I think you used the bundles method, right? Did use Appfinder for this, too?
    I never tried this method before but think its worth a try, even if it takes longer....
    If you could upload your adds and changes, this would be really helpful.
    Unfortunately I can't help with the icon masks, I think you don't mean the sizes, right?
    Take your time, it's 1 am here in Germany! :-)

its 2 in israel
    soon starting to upload it bro]
    i suggest remove all buuf related things from winterboard then respring so you get back to default looks
    then delete all buuf stuff how ever u want ifile or ssh
    then copy what im gonna upload then apply it in winterboard and respring
    soon gonna post dl link (its uploading)
    i must say i am currently not using the lockscreen of the buuf theme

Added also Zeppelin Buuf emotion !

any other color keyboard themes for buuf that works with ip5 and ios6 ? i dont want to sound like im complaining but its not so nice hehe
    also is there anyway i can choose custom notification sounds for different apps ?
    sorry for the Questions its my first iphone !

ok here is the download link : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/Buuf%20iPhone%205.zip
    added : compass just drop this folder inside the bundles folder from the file above
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28614750/com.apple.compass.zip

the buuf emotion folder is for zeppelin ! i guess u know how to add themes there
    let me know how it went !
    Last edited by R.E.L / Double R.E.L; 03-01-2013 at 06:56 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

kristatos (03-04-2013), schnubb (03-02-2013)

There is a new Winterboard update so maybe that will help
    Creation is a beautiful thing

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 49wyztoscore View Post
    There is a new Winterboard update so maybe that will help
    Winterboard update did not help me...

Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 66 ... LastLast