+ Reply
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 65 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
This is my setup and I'm loving it!!!! Thanks Doreen and mattahan for making this awesome theme possible!!
    Thanks

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361856368.433194.jpgBuuf iPhone 5 HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361856385.960166.jpgBuuf iPhone 5 HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361856404.027044.jpgBuuf iPhone 5 HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361856444.276907.jpg

This is my setup and I'm loving it!!!! Thanks Doreen and mattahan for making this awesome theme possible!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 49wyztoscore For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-25-2013), Doreen (02-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    The crashing on the springboard is not something I can pin down. I even tried several other themes to see if when I apply them if I would crash and I did. The strange thing is that the crashing on their themes was diff than the crashing while using mine. With my theme I cannot swap out certain icons on my dock w/o crashing but on their themes I was able to swap out any icon in my dock BUT every time I deleted an app or moved icons from one page to another I crashed, so go figure? I'm at a loss.

Last night I managed to figure out that one button on my dialer that would not theme properly so I updated the main theme again yesterday w/ that fix. As I move along when you guys spot a different date next to the theme then you'll know something has been fixed and/or added.
    Hi Doreen,

I'm talking through my "hat" (or something else) right now and just drawing at straws for answers. I am not crashing but remembering you mentioning the "cache" many times. Check out the interview with Ryan Petrich (creator of Activator + Zepher, etc.) and how he mentioned iOs 6 and caching. See if it makes sense to you and if you see some sort of connection. I don't really understand it all but thought you would.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...n_petrich_ama/

Specifically this info:
    Question to Ryan:
    I understand the idea behind respringcachefix but can you explain what it does exactly and what did the newest version 'update'?
    Also cheers for 1.3.5 update of retina pad I know 1.3.4 was making Cydia shrink to glitchy iPhone size what was with that (curious on a technical level, fascinated)
    And thanks so much for all your tweaks. Full force (free) and full force for iPhone is so glorious best dollar spent ever. I love dietbar and bulletin. Activator is crucial I use swipe right status bar to simulate pressing the lock button. Silky smooth.

Ryan Response:
    SpringBoard generates cached versions of full sized icons, "ghosty" full sized icons and icon titles with shadows applied. This makes opening folders and swiping between pages much quicker because it doesn't have to resize images, apply grayscale, or draw shadowed text repeatedly—it can reuse the copies it already generated. On previous iOS versions, this cache was in memory and was flushed when the system ran low on memory. On iOS 6.1, this cache is instead written to disk and "mapped" into SpringBoard's address space. This new mapping behaviour allows the kernel to intelligently page in/out the cache as SpringBoard requires it/applications require more memory. Unfortunately, when Apple migrated this cache to disk they chose to have it write to temporary filenames in /var/tmp that change every time you respring—and it never cleans them up! Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the only way to respring on iOS is to change your language or reboot, and rebooting clears /tmp.
    When RetinaPad was released, a lot of tweaks caused the "handset mode when rebooted" bug. Since installing RetinaPad triggered a reboot, this caused a lot of users to think it had caused this weird broken behaviour in SpringBoard. To remedy this, I added code in RetinaPad to workaround this behaviour by starting up parts of SpringBoard earlier than they would normally. On iOS6, this caused the weird behaviour you experienced.
    Snowblade for the most part.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-26-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

hi Everyone, Glad to see the Buuf alive for iPhone 5. After a long time (using iPhone 4s with buuf theme) I was away from iphone and used SGS3 and Note 2 but now came back to iPhone and very first thing I needed was my old buuf theme. I see Doreen and you all guys are doing a very incredible job and I'm very glad to see buuf. I hope you guys can help me out to sort out theme and its few issues what I am getting on my Iphone 5 (IOS 6.1.2). Can anyone please let me know how I can get this highlighted lockscreen unlock background transparent? I tried but did not find any luck and yes thats the animated lockscreen from Iphone 4 which I was using in my phone and really wanted to use the same for iPhone 5. please guys any help will be very much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-img_0044.png  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-26-2013)

Thanks

hi nice slider. How can I get it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd like to have the wallpaper seen in your lockscreen! In exchange i will help you configuring your flipclock, cause i have the same one running on IP5 ;-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-lockbackground.png

Sure here is the wallpaper and please do help me out to get rid of the slider background.

No one here to help me?
    Last edited by Nittenyadhav; 02-26-2013 at 08:06 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

kristatos (03-04-2013), WhyNotCallMeRo (02-26-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Never mind guys got it sorted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf iPhone 5 HD-img_0045.png  

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Never mind guys got it sorted.
    Good job!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hi Doreen,

I'm talking through my "hat" (or something else) right now and just drawing at straws for answers. I am not crashing but remembering you mentioning the "cache" many times. Check out the interview with Ryan Petrich (creator of Activator + Zepher, etc.) and how he mentioned iOs 6 and caching. See if it makes sense to you and if you see some sort of connection. I don't really understand it all but thought you would.
    I Am Ryan Petrich, AMA : jailbreak

Specifically this info:
    Question to Ryan:
    I understand the idea behind respringcachefix but can you explain what it does exactly and what did the newest version 'update'?
    Also cheers for 1.3.5 update of retina pad I know 1.3.4 was making Cydia shrink to glitchy iPhone size what was with that (curious on a technical level, fascinated)
    And thanks so much for all your tweaks. Full force (free) and full force for iPhone is so glorious best dollar spent ever. I love dietbar and bulletin. Activator is crucial I use swipe right status bar to simulate pressing the lock button. Silky smooth.

Ryan Response:
    SpringBoard generates cached versions of full sized icons, "ghosty" full sized icons and icon titles with shadows applied. This makes opening folders and swiping between pages much quicker because it doesn't have to resize images, apply grayscale, or draw shadowed text repeatedly—it can reuse the copies it already generated. On previous iOS versions, this cache was in memory and was flushed when the system ran low on memory. On iOS 6.1, this cache is instead written to disk and "mapped" into SpringBoard's address space. This new mapping behaviour allows the kernel to intelligently page in/out the cache as SpringBoard requires it/applications require more memory. Unfortunately, when Apple migrated this cache to disk they chose to have it write to temporary filenames in /var/tmp that change every time you respring—and it never cleans them up! Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the only way to respring on iOS is to change your language or reboot, and rebooting clears /tmp.
    When RetinaPad was released, a lot of tweaks caused the "handset mode when rebooted" bug. Since installing RetinaPad triggered a reboot, this caused a lot of users to think it had caused this weird broken behaviour in SpringBoard. To remedy this, I added code in RetinaPad to workaround this behaviour by starting up parts of SpringBoard earlier than they would normally. On iOS6, this caused the weird behaviour you experienced.
    Snowblade for the most part.
    This is exactly what I thought and dreamed about last night. :-)
    Here´s some links for you girls and guys. For the Second one you have to switch to the US page. Maybe you have time to test the respring cache fix and report the results, I´m gonna test it on Friday.

Fix the iOS 6.1 Respring Bug with RespringCacheFix
    RespringCacheFix Tweak für iOS 6.x | hack2learn

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-26-2013), kristatos (03-04-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

I can't change weather location, it always shows Los Angeles

From iFile I found the file "1-Buuf WFC Animation" and there locationHere.js. I wrote my city code, but it's still Los angeles.

How can I change it, please ? Thanks...

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raybeez View Post
    HELP ME PLEASE !!!

From iFile I found the file "1-Buuf WFC Animation" and there locationHere.js. I wrote my city code, but it's still Los angeles.

Doreen advised on the previous page the procedures for setup. There are three files that require your city code. New members to this thread/theme, please help Doreen out by starting at the start and reading through to familiarize yourself with the theme and it's setup. This stuff takes a lot of time which is happily donated by her so any time that you can save her leaves her more time for fixes and beautiful new stuff.

:waves to Doreen

1 Buuf WFC Animation (This is the Animation)
    2 Buuf FlipClock LS (Flip Clock for Lockscreen)
    3 Buuf FlipClock HS (Flip Clock for Homescreen)
    4 Buuf iPhone 5 HD (Main Buuf theme and must be placed on bottom)

This is the order the themes must be in Winterboard and I've already named them as such.

To edit for your location in the following directories you will edit the line that says: var locale =

1 Buuf WFC Animation
    /private/var/stash/Themes/1 Buuf WFC Animation.theme/locationHere.js

2 Buuf FlipClock LS
    /private/var/stash/Themes/2 Buuf FlipClock LS.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/WeatherWidget.html

3 Buuf FlipClock HS
    /private/var/stash/Themes/3 Buuf FlipClock HS.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/WeatherWidget.html

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-26-2013), Doreen (02-26-2013)

Thanks

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Where did you write it? Did you replace the LA zip code? It's 90033 I think but it needs to be replace with your zip code.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 49wyztoscore For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First of all, I'd like to thank you for this wonderful theme. I'm new to jailbreaking (about 3 days new) and I'm encountering some most likely easily fixed problems.

1. My folder background is messed up. It shows my old wallpaper. You had said to put the wallpaper in the wallpaper folder. I've done this, however it doesn't show up as an option for my wallpaper. I also saw that most wallpapers have two images. Should I have two? Also is it possible to have the animated wallpaper as my background for folders so that when I open my folders te clouds don't go away?

2. I added the keyboard, but I can't seem to figure out where it should show up as an option.

3. I don't seem to have any slide to unlock. It works, but there's no actual slider.

Thanks!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to psychedelicsunset For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hi Doreen,

I Am Ryan Petrich, AMA : jailbreak
    Hi burrzoo
    I'ma wannabe designer not a developer so I suppose it was just a lucky guess! hehe
    I can't really understand all the technical aspects of it all but it seemed to me from the lil xp I do have that the issue is something about the way our layouts get stuck in the iPhone's memory because I kept trying to swap out my icons and it would only stop crashing if I put the same icons in the same places (hence why I "felt" it was related to the "cache" not flushing out w/ a reboot)

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Take note that while you are in iFile trying to edit stuff that in the "upper left corner" you first tap on "edit" after you've edited the var locale w/ your proper location code tap on "SAVE" if you simply exit w/o taping on save first you will have lost any work that you edited and it will revert back to my location code that I have set in the default script okay.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post

:waves to Doreen
    /me waves hello back to Shane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelicsunset View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank you for this wonderful theme. I'm new to jailbreaking (about 3 days new) and I'm encountering some most likely easily fixed problems.

1. My folder background is messed up. It shows my old wallpaper. You had said to put the wallpaper in the wallpaper folder. I've done this, however it doesn't show up as an option for my wallpaper. I also saw that most wallpapers have two images. Should I have two? Also is it possible to have the animated wallpaper as my background for folders so that when I open my folders te clouds don't go away?

2. I added the keyboard, but I can't seem to figure out where it should show up as an option.

3. I don't seem to have any slide to unlock. It works, but there's no actual slider.

Thanks!
    So you are 3 days in!? Oh boy are you in for a ride!

Okay...

1. As for the wallpaper you need to not only place the wall in the proper directory that I instructed somewhere a few pages back but you also need to set it up from your iPhone's "settings" so that your theme wall that is applied via winterboard is the same as your system selected wallpaper. As for the animation during opening up folders nope, that you'd need to take up w/ apple not me. hehe

2. This requires Colorkeyboard which can be downloaded off of Cydia. Transfer the folder named "Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB"

over to this directory: Library/Colorkeyboard/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB

Transfer the folder named "Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB Popups" over to this directory: Library/Colorkeyboard/Popups/Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB Popups

Go into your Colorkeyboard settings and setup the two follow settings: Select Themes: From there select my theme folder then Select Popup Key: From there select my popup key theme folder. Make sure to tap on the upper right "SAVE" and then select "Respring"

3. Double check things to make sure you have the themes layered correctly in Winterboard certain images get overwritten if the order of the themes are not placed correctly.
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-26-2013 at 08:42 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So you are 3 days in!? Oh boy are you in for a ride!

Okay...

1. As for the wallpaper you need to not only place the wall in the proper directory that I instructed somewhere a few pages back but you also need to set it up from your iPhone's "settings" so that your theme wall that is applied via winterboard is the same as your system selected wallpaper. As for the animation during opening up folders nope, that you'd need to take up w/ apple not me. hehe

2. This requires Colorkeyboard which can be downloaded off of Cydia. Transfer the folder named "Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB"

over to this directory: Library/Colorkeyboard/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB

Transfer the folder named "Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB Popups" over to this directory: Library/Colorkeyboard/Popups/Buuf iPhone 5 HD KB Popups

Go into your Colorkeyboard settings and setup the two follow settings: Select Themes: From there select my theme folder then Select Popup Key: From there select my popup key theme folder. Make sure to tap on the upper right "SAVE" and then select "Respring"

3. Double check things to make sure you have the themes layered correctly in Winterboard certain images get overwritten if the order of the themes are not placed correctly.

Thank you thank you!
    Last edited by psychedelicsunset; 02-27-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks

As for the wall you need to make sure your default user wallpaper is the wallpaper you want to to appear when you open up a folder and that is assigned via the iPhone's settings (you assign the wallpaper you want there) That wallpaper needs to be the same as the one that is themed via your theme in Winterboard for it all to be uniform. So you need to make an additional copy of the wall that is in your theme and transfer it over to your phone:

/private/var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone

Once your default system wallpaper and your themed wallpaper are the same then when you open your folder they both will match.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    This is exactly what I thought and dreamed about last night. :-)
    Here´s some links for you girls and guys. For the Second one you have to switch to the US page. Maybe you have time to test the respring cache fix and report the results, I´m gonna test it on Friday.

Fix the iOS 6.1 Respring Bug with RespringCacheFix
    RespringCacheFix Tweak für iOS 6.x | hack2learn
    Thank you schnubb

Even my apps were not deleting off my springboard until (2) reboots and when I would reinstall them all the old data would reappear! (and I could not clear out the backups no matter what I did because they were stuck in the memory) but I added Ryan's repo and installed the fix and so far so good! I will know by tomorrow after I use my phone a bit. Thanks again burrzoo and schnubb

Nevermind! Argh! the mess is back. Seems everyone is pointing fingers at apple and the iOS vs the JB and now I'm not sure but all I know is this was not happening at all "until" I Jailbroke my phone. Now the question is have a stock phone that runs good? Or have a sexy phone that is all screwed up? Hmmm I'm thinking here! hehe
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-26-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks

Thank you schnubb

Even my apps were not deleting off my springboard until (2) reboots and when I would reinstall them all the old data would reappear! (and I could not clear out the backups no matter what I did because they were stuck in the memory) but I added Ryan's repo and installed the fix and so far so good! I will know by tomorrow after I use my phone a bit. Thanks again burrzoo and schnubb

Nevermind! Argh! the mess is back. Seems everyone is pointing fingers at apple and the iOS vs the JB and now I'm not sure but all I know is this was not happening at all "until" I Jailbroke my phone. Now the question is have a stock phone that runs good? Or have a sexy phone that is all screwed up? Hmmm I'm thinking here! hehe
    Lol! I say the sexy one and try to figure out the issues. These are the themes I have enabled and it works perfect on my phone and I couldn't tell you why I just know it does. Have you tried wiping your phone, re-jailbreaking it then reinstalling the theme?

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361941964.171474.jpg

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 49wyztoscore For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-27-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good Evening from Germany.
    After reading some thread, I thought about rearranging the icons on my home screen at first. I did that via the general settings on the IP. Now I just moved some icons out of folders in order to only have icons on the home screen. Turning Summerboard on gets me back to safe mode again. :-(
    Now I'm thinking bout deleting the springboard icon cache or even the com.apple.IconsCache in the library. Think I better leave this... :-) I'm really sick of it as even another restore, JB and backup will get me to the same situation as before... aaargs

Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    Good Evening from Germany.
    After reading some thread, I thought about rearranging the icons on my home screen at first. I did that via the general settings on the IP. Now I just moved some icons out of folders in order to only have icons on the home screen. Turning Summerboard on gets me back to safe mode again. :-(
    Now I'm thinking bout deleting the springboard icon cache or even the com.apple.IconsCache in the library. Think I better leave this... :-) I'm really sick of it as even another restore, JB and backup will get me to the same situation as before... aaargs
    Hello schnubb,

I haven't had much time to play with this in the past few days but I did try RespringCacheFix and it didn't seem to make much difference in "clearing" the cache. I am not having safe mode/crashes and I am also not putting icons like the Music.app into the dock. Maybe this is what is helping me not to crash.

I even deleted the files/folders within the /var/tmp folder (the ones that I was allowed to delete) and I still cannot add stock Apple apps to the dock otherwise it will crash into safe mode. I can add non-Apple apps into the dock without crashing. I think that the issue might be specific to certain Apple Stock apps. I have a folder currently in my dock with all Apple stock apps (but not the Music app!). Here's the list of apps within the folder that is sitting on my dock"
    iTunes
    Weather
    Stocks
    Clock
    Reminders
    Maps
    Videos
    Notes
    iTunes U
    Find Friends
    Find iPhone
    Podcasts
    iBooks

All Apple apps are Buuf themed (as expected) except for iTunes U, Find Friends, Find iPhone and Podcasts. These are not part of the original Buuf theming as they don't appear in the Icons folder.

The Music App has been the most troublesome for me. I cannot add it to the dock or add it to any folder (on the dock or on any springboard page). If I do, I crash and go into safe mode.

The other stock Apple apps = Game Center and Passbook are in a separate folder on my last springboard page. Newstand is not in any folder but also resides on the last SB page. Lastly, I have a Utilities folder with my last stock Apple apps on my 3rd SB page as follows:
    Contacts, Calculator, Compass and Voice Memos (all Buuf themed).

On my Dock, I have the following apps:
    Messages, AppleStuff folder (contents noted above), MLB.com At Bat, Settings, Cydia, Car Care, Phone, Safari and Mail.

I do not have many other apps loaded on my iPhone but on my homescreen SB page I have: Photos, Camera, Calendar, Winterboard, Facebook, Flipboard and Twitter.

2nd SB page has the Utilities folder (mentioned above) a Cydia folder with Activator, RemoveBG, SBSettings, iBlank), lastly, that damn Music app is on the 2nd page.

The bad thing about my testing is that I am not using my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.2) as my regular phone and currently do not even have a SIM card in it. This too could make a difference in our experiences yet it appears that several others are doing OK with their phones having the Buuf theme installed. Another thought is that since we are all not in that same country and the language-specific fixes, changes, settings might be conflicting somewhere. My setup is all English and in the U.S. (weather, etc.) and not having a lot on my phone could be a factor. I did not restore from a backup either. Just did a sync with iCloud for Contacts and Calendar.

That's it! LOL!!!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-27-2013), schnubb (02-27-2013)