+ Reply
Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Would it be possible to request an icon for HootSuite? I checked the Buuf iPhone 4 forum and other links and had no luck. Thank you so much!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Would it be possible to request an icon for HootSuite? I checked the Buuf iPhone 4 forum and other links and had no luck. Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyJoosBox View Post

MyJoos

Anything is possible, "if" I get a break somewhere today I will make you one okay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    MyJoos

Anything is possible, "if" I get a break somewhere today I will make you one okay.
    Curious....How does one go about "Buufing" an icon? Are you starting out with some sort of Buuf Template?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    MyJoos

Thanks Doreen!

Take your time =D

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good evening (here from Germany)!
    Sitting on m IP5 since yesterday morning and Jailbreaked twice. :-)
    Somehow it seems to either be a Springboard, a Winterboard, a jailbreak bug or whatever.
    At least I did a clean and manual install of the Cydia tweaks and all Apps->NO restore from backup.
    I have today found some 25 themed icons and transferred them via SSH to the icons folder of the Theme. The first transfer of the icons was ok, they got themed. Then I just SSHed around 20 icons shortly one after another. Respringing with Summerboard ON got me into Safe mode, turning Summerboard OFF got me out of Safe mode, hmmmpfff!
    As well as moving the icons like Music out of the Dock->safe mode. Moving the icons into folders->safe mode.

Not yet deleted and reinstalled WB->should I have a try?

Hereīs the current LS...have a good night, you BUUFHEADS!

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-foto2.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-foto.png

BTW: thanks burrzoo for the links and icons!
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-24-2013 at 01:57 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyJoosBox View Post

A bit sloppy but hopefully this will do...

Joos, open the icon up in a new Tab/Window before saving it to your hard drive or you will get that white background behind it okay. You need to save it as transparent.

And NO please don't everyone start asking me to make free icons for the rest of my life this is it for me I've got more than enough right now. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Curious....How does one go about "Buufing" an icon? Are you starting out with some sort of Buuf Template?

You just need to be creative w/ Paul's original icons but trust me having his base icon is not all that is required...

Schnubb

Do me a favor go into my folder in the theme that is named "Icons" find my photo icons

Photos.png
    [email protected]

Rename them both to:

Fotos.png
    [email protected]

Turn Summerboard back "ON" and respring. I think your issue is the title of your icons on your springboard cuz you apparently have a diff lingo.
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-24-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have already renamed all icons according to my lingo and the spelling they have on the pages of the IP.
    But maybe it was wrong to rename them via SSH. Strange that the renaming worked via SSH for i.e. Music-> Musik, Contacts->Kontakte...and further icons.
    I'll try to properly add them to your Theme on the Mac and SSH the Theme later.
    Is there basically an issue, if I delete a Theme via SSH?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    No not at all schnubb
    I think the crashing issue is springboard related from either the JB or WB and totally out of our hands. I don't believe it has anything to do w/ what we are doing or not doing. The reason I am guessing this is because we are all using various "different" tweaks and doing "different" things but we all are experiencing the "same" crashes.

Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    I have already renamed all icons according to my lingo and the spelling they have on the pages of the IP.
    But maybe it was wrong to rename them via SSH. Strange that the renaming worked via SSH for i.e. Music-> Musik, Contacts->Kontakte...and further icons.
    I'll try to properly add them to your Theme on the Mac and SSH the Theme later.

schnubb,

I'm feeling badly for you! If you still want to try a correction via SSH (and haven't tried this one already), maybe make the icon renaming changes within the Icons folder via this Path: /private/var/stash/Themes (and not using the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons path). When I make any changes via the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons Path (even deleting icons) they never appear here but if I use the /private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons Path, the changes seem to work! This was the same situation with the homescreen wallpaper image. It's shows as the original Guy looking over fence when I view it within the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD folder but shows as altered when I view the wallpaper via the /private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD.

Maybe Doreen can explain why this happens and why she instructs us to use the /private/var/stash/Themes path. Of course I always want to be a "tester" and go against some instructions but you can run into problems! LOL! It's my nature to test!

It may be easier to just modify a version of Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme on your Mac first then upload it to your iPhone. Once you have everything working (and it will happen!) I suggest that you download a copy via SSH to your desktop or some safe location so you won't have to re-do everything if you need to re-jail break again. Maybe you are already doing this! I did it so I would have to keep modifying the Weather files with my ZIP code and/or WOEID.

schnubb, I'm loving your lockscreen wallpaper. Very peaceful!

Thanks

Hi burrzoo!

I personally do things my own way too (which is usually opposite from most ppl) so I can only suggest "not" recommend cuz me is clueless! hehe

The way I do things is: I normally modify "image" files and all graphics via my desktop and then do the file transfers via "iFunbox" when it comes to scripting however I "only" use "WinSCP" and I am by no means an expert. (just a dare devil, I will in a second dare to blow up my iPhone right in my hands to get achieve the customization I want)
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-24-2013 at 03:38 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone hhjulbent's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi...Passcode Lock isnīt themed and Background "FEFolderBG@2x~iphone" for folderenhancer does not work..

is these 2 work in progress??

Thanks

Default Winterboard Buuf iPhone 5 HD
    Hey thus icons, contacts, photo, works. I had to translate it into your language. The problem occurs when the icons, clean, in a folder and turn on Cydia. Icons, then returns to its original state.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,
    I am new to theme's and have the iphone 4s ios 6.2.1
    I have jailbroke the unit, and have buuf2 theme partially running.
    I really like the new new theme here, but was wondering if it will work on my unit? (4s 6.2.1)
    Thanks guys,
    Pujo

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pujo View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am new to theme's and have the iphone 4s ios 6.2.1
    I have jailbroke the unit, and have buuf2 theme partially running.
    I really like the new new theme here, but was wondering if it will work on my unit? (4s 6.2.1)
    Thanks guys,
    Pujo
    Not on your iOS 6.2.1 as it doensn't excist...
    ROFL...

My guess it wil work on your device running iOS 6.1.2

Thanks

I just can't get the flip clock and color keyboard to work I have them in the theme folder and everything but when I respring it does do anything!

Green Apple
    Thanks

As I have lost my contacts & calenders due to the last restore and manual backup, I have just backed them up by some former backup of 6.1.2
    via iTunes-> they were important.
    Now I got attached message and my home screen looks like this.
    Think i gonna need to retore, JB and manually install again....unfortunately I donīt have a clue how to do it correct in order that the IP5 getīs buufed without issues of safe mode.
    Has anyone a clue and help for me? Should I better wait for some WB update or just installONLY the basic tweaks of Cydia?

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-foto1.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-foto1.1.png

I found another funny thing: The iPod App was within some folder after receiving the message of Apple,
    Cydia is on the dock.
    Summerboard Mode OFF applies the Themes again but not the icons, I think this is normal....
    Summerboard Mode ON gets me into safe mode again.
    Hmmmpf, how to go ahead now...
    Maybe delete all Cydia tweaks, put Cydia on the homescreen and iPod app back on the dock, then clean install, JB and restore from this backup? Somehow I really need help....hrhr

following tweaks are installed, maybe someone who has NO issues with unthemed icons and safe mode can support?
    Bridge, Bytafont, Bytafont Fonts Pack1, Cartoon Font, Color Keyboard, Evasion untethered, FakeCarrier, Insanelyis Gui-GPG-SEC, iFile, Lockscreen Clock Hide, Mobile Substrate, NCSettings, Open SSH, ProTube, Substrate Safe Mode, UnlimTones, Winterboard.

Maybe we can work together and find some tweak-in case it is responsible for the safe mode....
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 49wyztoscore View Post
    I just can't get the flip clock and color keyboard to work I have them in the theme folder and everything but when I respring it does do anything!
    Could you please read before within the thread? Doreen explained all in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    schnubb,

I'm feeling badly for you! If you still want to try a correction via SSH (and haven't tried this one already), maybe make the icon renaming changes within the Icons folder via this Path: /private/var/stash/Themes (and not using the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons path). When I make any changes via the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons Path (even deleting icons) they never appear here but if I use the /private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons Path, the changes seem to work! This was the same situation with the homescreen wallpaper image. It's shows as the original Guy looking over fence when I view it within the /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD folder but shows as altered when I view the wallpaper via the /private/var/stash/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD.

Maybe Doreen can explain why this happens and why she instructs us to use the /private/var/stash/Themes path. Of course I always want to be a "tester" and go against some instructions but you can run into problems! LOL! It's my nature to test!

It may be easier to just modify a version of Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme on your Mac first then upload it to your iPhone. Once you have everything working (and it will happen!) I suggest that you download a copy via SSH to your desktop or some safe location so you won't have to re-do everything if you need to re-jail break again. Maybe you are already doing this! I did it so I would have to keep modifying the Weather files with my ZIP code and/or WOEID.

schnubb, I'm loving your lockscreen wallpaper. Very peaceful!
    Thx, burrzoo!
    As I have SSHed the theme the 1st time, I used Library/Themes. Afterwards I always used private/var/stash/Themes. So this can't be the reason.
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks

The crashing on the springboard is not something I can pin down. I even tried several other themes to see if when I apply them if I would crash and I did. The strange thing is that the crashing on their themes was diff than the crashing while using mine. With my theme I cannot swap out certain icons on my dock w/o crashing but on their themes I was able to swap out any icon in my dock BUT every time I deleted an app or moved icons from one page to another I crashed, so go figure? I'm at a loss.

Last night I managed to figure out that one button on my dialer that would not theme properly so I updated the main theme again yesterday w/ that fix. As I move along when you guys spot a different date next to the theme then you'll know something has been fixed and/or added.
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-25-2013 at 08:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help pls
    Can someone pls explain to me how to change the location on the animated flip clock so the location and weather can be accurate, sorry for the noob question but any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 Buuf WFC Animation (This is the Animation)
    2 Buuf FlipClock LS (Flip Clock for Lockscreen)
    3 Buuf FlipClock HS (Flip Clock for Homescreen)
    4 Buuf iPhone 5 HD (Main Buuf theme and must be placed on bottom)

This is the order the themes must be in Winterboard and I've already named them as such.

To edit for your location in the following directories you will edit the line that says: var locale =

1 Buuf WFC Animation
    /private/var/stash/Themes/1 Buuf WFC Animation.theme/locationHere.js

2 Buuf FlipClock LS
    /private/var/stash/Themes/2 Buuf FlipClock LS.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/WeatherWidget.html

3 Buuf FlipClock HS
    /private/var/stash/Themes/3 Buuf FlipClock HS.theme/Private/WeatherWidget/WeatherWidget.html

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

08tundra (02-25-2013), 49wyztoscore (02-25-2013)