+ Reply
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello@all.
    Soooo..what I did late night was to search how to install themed icons, itīs not only done with copying 2 files into the theme folder of the IP, unfortunately...
    Or does anyone has a clue?
    At first this morning I bought PKG backup which seems to be quite cool->saved all stuff at my dropbox. After that wanted to restore to 6.1-> my IP is not eligible for 6.1.
    It seems that I have to delete the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" connection to the Apple Server in the host file of iTunes. Can someone confirm this?
    Now Iīm thinking about restoring to 6.1.2 as I donīt like to change a system file without being 100%sure.

Hey burrzoo, Thanks for your PM, Iīm gonna reply to it asap. :-)
    BTW: your wallpaper looks wonderful, is it allowed to share?
    Hereīs my lockscreen and 1st page, status yesterday eve.
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-foto2.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-foto.png
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-23-2013 at 05:19 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-24-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there any way to get the sunrise/sunset & moonrise/moonset animations into this iPhone 5 theme.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriniGodzilla View Post
    Doreen great work once again. Two questions though. How do I turn off the forecast? Also how do I slow down the weather animations, the clouds move rather quick in comparison to the old theme on the iPhone 4/4s.
    Thanks for the kind words Trini much appreciated.
    To turn off the forecast you'll need to edit the script. To slow down the ani once again it will require you to edit those specific scripts by changing the "frame rates" Beware, Backup the files first.

Is there any way to get the sunrise/sunset & moonrise/moonset animations into this iPhone 5 theme.
    Yes, but again it requires alot of scripting and "time" not something I can accommodate at this moment. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    A BIG Thank YOU to Doreen for all of the work she's done for us in such a short time!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

Attachment 623397
    You are veryyyy welcome burrzoo! And nope not such a short time. This theme I have been working on for a couple of "years" you can spot that date in my other thread I began a long time ago. (I'm not that fast) hehe
    The other theme has given me the foundation to create this one for the new iPhone 5 but trust me it is more work than anyone can come close to imagine. (I like a challenge though)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi_Earl View Post
    Hello Doreen, is it possible to just use the wfc animation with my own buuf theme?
    Hi Lobi
    It's hard to answer some questions because everyone is doing their own customizing but just experiment around I'm pretty friendly so I think my theme is too so it should mesh w/ your theme.

I've got some appts and personal things today away so I will check back on you Buufheads later okay.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-26-2013), TriniGodzilla (02-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kristatos's Avatar
    Thanks

kristatos, you are my hero for the night! I did what you suggested and restored my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.2) to stock, re-jailbroke it but I did not restore my iTunes backup. I then re-installed many Cydia Apps including ScrollingDock and the Buuf iPhone 5 HD and Lockscreen Weather Flip Clock Themes and I am no longer having any crashes!!!! WooHoo! You must be correct in thinking that there are leftover files that conflict from prior backups/jailbreaks.

I've been playing around for hours and I'm using the Themes as follows:
    1 Buuf WFC Animation
    2 Buuf FlipClock LS
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD

I then replaced the [email protected] within the Buuf iPhone 5 HD folder with an old wallpaper that sjbtax made (and I thank you) so I have this new wallpaper but still have the cloud animations scrolling across the screen. So cool! I have no flip clock on the wallpaper or weather but the lock screen Theme takes care of that.

I'm just so happy to have ScrollingDock and I would imagine that Infinidock would work now too. I am still using iBlanks to position my icons (until an updated version of Gridlock comes out) and have been adding my other old favorites back in as well. I changed some of the icons and it all works well. Ya know, it's almost "freeing" not to have all of my old App Store apps on my phone. I had so many apps and folders it was always hard to find stuff without always using the search feature.

I had no problems when using the FlipClock Homescreen Theme either. The dock was positioned perfectly.

Thanks again kristatos and (as always) A BIG Thank YOU to Doreen for all of the work she's done for us in such a short time!!!!!

Attachment 623397
    Thanks burrzoo and Doreen for your comments...I'm glad is working for you...That's a very nice SB you got there ....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, after restore and update to 6.1.2 some icons like Music are still not themed.
    burrzoo, I have deleted Lockinfo as it "overlayd" the nice WFC of Doreen, I have put NC settings (itīs like SBSettings) to the basic info central.
    This is my LS and Home after all, anyone an idea how to delete the standard clock on the LS?
    THAAAANK YOU, DOREEN, FOR THE COOL WORK!

Buuf iPhone 5 HD-foto2.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-foto.png
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kristatos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    OK, after restore and update to 6.1.2 some icons like Music are still not themed.
    burrzoo, I have deleted Lockinfo as it "overlayd" the nice WFC of Doreen, I have put NC settings (itīs like SBSettings) to the basic info central.
    This is my LS and Home after all, anyone an idea how to delete the standard clock on the LS?

Attachment 623454Attachment 623453
    There are a couple tweaks that hide the LS clock...LockScreen Clock Hide is one and is free...but I'm positive there are a couple other tweaks that do the same, just can't remember exactly how they're called...

Oh yeah...LockScreen Settings...this is also free and it's supported in iOS 6...from the BigBoss repo...
    Last edited by kristatos; 02-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-23-2013), Doreen (02-23-2013), schnubb (02-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Attachment 623454Attachment 623453
    Hello schnubb!

Looks pretty nice! Please check WinterBoard setting again because the default setting when you re-install is to have SummerBoard OFF. I can't tell you how long it took me (and after Doreen has mentioned it so many times!) to have Summerboard On. I immediately forgot that and kept re-adding/overwriting icons to the Icons folder and even worked on the Bundles folder to no avail. Then it dawned on me [can you see the lightbulb over my head? ) ] and I went and turned SummerBoard on. Of course that solved my problem. The balance of stock Apple icons were once again themed (Music, Camera, Photos..)

I'll PM you shortly!

One last item, I now see that my "Music" icon is not themed but I do see the Buuf'd iPod icon when you double-click on the home button and "slide" the list of open applications to the right, you can access the short-cut to the Music Player controls. The Music icon IS Buff'd here and displays the little Buuf iPod.
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-23-2013 at 11:54 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-23-2013), schnubb (02-24-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello schnubb!

Looks pretty nice! Please check WinterBoard setting again because the default setting when you re-install is to have SummerBoard OFF. I can't tell you how long it took me (and after Doreen has mentioned it so many times!) to have Summerboard On. I immediately forgot that and kept re-adding/overwriting icons to the Icons folder and even worked on the Bundles folder to no avail. Then it dawned on me [can you see the lightbulb over my head? ) ] and I went and turned SummerBoard on. Of course that solved my problem. The balance of stock Apple icons were once again themed (Music, Camera, Photos..)

I'll PM you shortly!

One last item, I now see that my "Music" icon is not themed but I do see the Buuf'd iPod icon when you double-click on the home button and "slide" the list of open applications to the right, you can access the short-cut to the Music Player controls. The Music icon IS Buff'd here and displays the little Buuf iPod.
    Thanks Burrzoo. Summerboard is on and that doesn't change the icons to themed. As well both Music icons aren't buufed.

Thanks

Thanks Burrzoo. Summerboard is on and that doesn't change the icons to themed. As well both Music icons aren't buufed.
    I'm stumped for an answer for a fix.

Sorry...

Thanks

so im getting im iphone at friday wiowio !

is it ok to ask when its planned to be officaly released ? or u get spanked for asking ETA's here
    in case not is the link if the 1st post is updated with the latest version ?

i see many people having troubles with unchanged icons one thing i learned is changing icons its pretty easy once u do it its probably named wrong either the icon or the bundle theres at cydia appinfo really usefull to know what icons and bundle name
    so if i can help in anyway let me know im anything but a pro though
    thnx again for your awesome work

17. The Following User Says Thank You to R.E.L / Double R.E.L For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've tried to change the bg.png file with the ones from the buuf 4 mixed color clock files and this is what happens. ????Buuf iPhone 5 HD-photo.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

You're welcome!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-23-2013)

Thanks

You are so welcome schnubb, I can't really see your screenshot too good but it looks to me like your icons are named in another language? I think that is the problem. You will need to go into my folder that says "Icons" and find the music icon and name it "EXACTLY" the same as whatever your music icon is titled on your springboard. So for example...

If my icon says:

Music.png
    [email protected]

Then you need to name yours to whatever "yours" is:

Musik.png
    [email protected]

I cannot quite make out what the text is on your ss but it looks different than mine? I think that is the problem so please let me know if that works for you.

I've tried to change the bg.png file with the ones from the buuf 4 mixed color clock files and this is what happens. ????Attachment 623494
    Hi Trini

The icons from the old Buuf iPhone 4 HD thread are okay to use on your iPhone 5 however the themes made for the iPhone 4 are different than the iPhone 5 because these are two different phones and the screen/display is not the same furthermore the themes for the iPhone 4 were also written for the the iOS 5 not iOS 6 so many things have changed yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.L / Double R.E.L View Post
    so im getting im iphone at friday wiowio !

is it ok to ask when its planned to be officaly released ? or u get spanked for asking ETA's here
    in case not is the link if the 1st post is updated with the latest version ?
    Hi R.E.L

I don't have an ETA because the theme needs to be fully updated for the iPhone 5 (and the new iOS) and each time I do any updates I would have to keep updating on Cydia but "here" I simply re-up the file in the first post of this thread for everyone instantly. Plus I am at the mercy of my full time job which is going to change in a couple of weeks so until I start my new position I don't know how much time I can devote here. I won't abandon it so don't worry it's just I cannot live here around the clock.
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-23-2013 at 06:33 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-23-2013)

Thanks

Hello 49wyz...

Since these Themes are not yet in Cydia, I suggest that you start off and go into Cydia on the main Cydia section (the page that loads first after you click on the Cydia icon) and look for the section within the "User Guides" for "Copying Files to/from Device" and "OpenSSH Access How-To." After you get all that stuff nailed down and assuming that you have an iPhone 5, come on back here to get the Themes and upload them to specific folders on your iPhone. ReadMe files are included within the Theme downloads here as well as many tips and tricks within this thread.
    Thanks for the help Burrzoo!!! I got it done and I am amazed at how sick this theme is!!! By far the best theme ever created. Thanks to everyone that makes this theme possible...special thanks to Doreen for the iPhone 5 hook up! I will defintely donate for all the time spent on this!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 49wyztoscore For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-23-2013), Doreen (02-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 49wyztoscore View Post
    Thanks for the help Burrzoo!!! I got it done and I am amazed at how sick this theme is!!! By far the best theme ever created. Thanks to everyone that makes this theme possible...special thanks to Doreen for the iPhone 5 hook up! I will defintely donate for all the time spent on this!!

Way to go 49wyztoscore!! I'll bet you enjoyed learning how to do all of this fun stuff. I'm not joking! I love it!

Doreen & schnubb,

schnubb and I have been trying to figure this out all day! It was making me crazy (ok, crazier! LOL!). I never even thought about schnubb's Music app name being written in his native language. That being said, I pretty much had the same issue but only with the Music App icon (all of the other Stock App icons were Buuf'd).
    I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I always upload the icons to the Icons folder using this Path:
    /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons

So I deleted your Music.png & [email protected] files using the path above (the little white iPod Buuf graphic) and uploaded a little Black iPod Buuf graphics (with the correct naming conventions) and the White iPod Buuf graphic still appeared within the Icons folder and my Music app on the iphone never gets Buuf'd (respring and reboot...no change, looks stock). I was surprised because I had deleted your white iPod .PNGs in the Icons folder so thought that it was some sort of caching issue.

Next I tried the path that you have recommended in your instructions (although I wasn't having other problems with my original path):
    /private/var/stash/Themes ("my" Themes folder actually appears as Themes.G22fwe)/Icons.

When I FIRST viewed the Music .PNGs within the Icons folder using this path, I now see my little Black iPod Buuf graphic. So I tried a Respring first and the Music app still didn't get Buuf'd then I tried a Reboot and alas, no luck...yet.

I finally decided to try something else. My Music App was in a Folder on the Dock on my iPhone so I moved it out of a Folder onto a SpringBoard page, did a Reboot and finally it worked! My stock Music app now appears as a little Black iPod Buuf icon!
    Odd thing to go along with this is that if I move the Music app/Black iPod Buuf icon back into any folder, it will lose the Buuf Theming!

I'm wondering what the heck is going on??? This is ONLY happening with the Music App icon! Ok, so if I move the Stock Music app icon back out of a SB folder and respring, then it is Buff'd once again. So I guess I'll just have to leave it out of a folder! All of he other Stock app icons show up as Buuf'd in various folders.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-24-2013), schnubb (02-24-2013)

Thanks

Way to go 49wyztoscore!! I'll bet you enjoyed learning how to do all of this fun stuff. I'm not joking! I love it!

Doreen & schnubb,

schnubb and I have been trying to figure this out all day! It was making me crazy (ok, crazier! LOL!). I never even thought about schnubb's Music app name being written in his native language. That being said, I pretty much had the same issue but only with the Music App icon (all of the other Stock App icons were Buuf'd).
    I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I always upload the icons to the Icons folder using this Path:
    /Library/Themes/Buuf iPhone 5 HD/Icons

So I deleted your Music.png & [email protected] files using the path above (the little white iPod Buuf graphic) and uploaded a little Black iPod Buuf graphics (with the correct naming conventions) and the White iPod Buuf graphic still appeared within the Icons folder and my Music app on the iphone never gets Buuf'd (respring and reboot...no change, looks stock). I was surprised because I had deleted your white iPod .PNGs in the Icons folder so thought that it was some sort of caching issue.

Next I tried the path that you have recommended in your instructions (although I wasn't having other problems with my original path):
    /private/var/stash/Themes ("my" Themes folder actually appears as Themes.G22fwe)/Icons.

When I FIRST viewed the Music .PNGs within the Icons folder using this path, I now see my little Black iPod Buuf graphic. So I tried a Respring first and the Music app still didn't get Buuf'd then I tried a Reboot and alas, no luck...yet.

I finally decided to try something else. My Music App was in a Folder on the Dock on my iPhone so I moved it out of a Folder onto a SpringBoard page, did a Reboot and finally it worked! My stock Music app now appears as a little Black iPod Buuf icon!
    Odd thing to go along with this is that if I move the Music app/Black iPod Buuf icon back into any folder, it will lose the Buuf Theming!

I'm wondering what the heck is going on??? This is ONLY happening with the Music App icon! Ok, so if I move the Stock Music app icon back out of a SB folder and respring, then it is Buff'd once again. So I guess I'll just have to leave it out of a folder! All of he other Stock app icons show up as Buuf'd in various folders.
    I love it too!!!! First jailbroke iPhone. I rooted all my androids but a jailbroke iPhone is a million times better!!!

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,054 Posts

Check inside the Icons folder with iFile or some PC program like iFun-Box.
    Sometimes you will have other names of apps on your springboard.
    This is the case for the Netherlands.

Contacts become Contacten

Maps becomes Kaarten

and more.....

So change the names in Icons folder that are differnet from your springboard names...
    The icons inside Icons folder only work with the exactly the same names, with and without @2x and with summerboard on.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-24-2013), schnubb (02-24-2013)

Thanks

Doreen & schnubb,

schnubb and I have been trying to figure this out all day! It was making me crazy (ok, crazier! LOL!).
    Good morning burrzoo (well morning over here)

Don't feel alone cuz it is driving me crazy as well. Late last night I got a break and decided to push the red button! I did a clean install on my phone w/ the latest updated iOS and then did a clean Jailbreak that also was updated yesterday to 1.5

I thought that fixed my issues but nope I'll spare you all the silly testing I did but I can say this is the strangest bug ever because it never behaves the same. For example if I drag the Cydia icon into my five icon dock no crash however if I drag my music app it crashes if I take that out and drag the Calendar no crash if I drag the calculator no crash. (but who wants the calc or cal in their dock?)

Another words all the icons "I" want in my dock as my fifth icon I cannot have. Small irritant since everything else is fine but nevertheless it is driving me crazy!!!

My biggest issue is that I miss Gridlock so badly! But I will share a cool work around I came across by accident.

Install Iconoclasm then download some crazy layout you don't want, then in iconoclasm's setting turn on "Per-Page Layout" select the layout you don't really want as your Page 1 layout. And of course select the layouts you desire for Page 2, 3 bla, bla, bla

Go back into Cydia and delete the layout you didn't really want (but have set in your iconoclasm settings) and then go back into iconoclasm's settings and don't touch anything but "Apply Changes & Respring"

And bam you have your page one all clean and shiny for any animations and flip clocks or whatever you have running.

For the Flip Clocks (or for any ani you need your page one SpringBoard clean) This theme is as old as the hills (I actually created it about 7 yrs ago for win mobile) and believe it or not I've been floaded w/ request to update it yet againnn for the new iPhone 5 so I'm working on the Springboard version and might release it on Cydia today. I've already released the LockScreen version.

Last edited by Doreen; 02-24-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,054 Posts

@Doreen:

Home - BJB, Inc.

Pc-app for your own Iconoclasm layouts....

32. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-24-2013)

Thanks

Hmm never seen that thanks, if they don't release Gridlock soon I will have to build one myself for that first page. But for now I've got my HS clean. hehe
    (be it known if there is a stupid way to do things another route "I" will figure it out)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-24-2013)