+ Reply
Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 5 HD

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Bugsy I found those in the iphone 4 thread, but I'm having trouble with them showing with a white box around the logo when i put it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I found those in the iphone 4 thread, but I'm having trouble with them showing with a white box around the logo when i put it on the phone. I tried opening in a different tab and then doing a right click, save as per the faq but it still shows a white box around it. Do you have any idea how to get rid of that? I'll also be donating as you suggest to show my appreciation for all the hours spent on this.
    im having the same problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 5 and updated to 6.1.2 (just for testing purposes). It was after the upgrade that I started getting the crashes.
    The only way that I was able to stop the crashes and not end up in Safe Mode was the following:

1. Deleted the Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme from my iPhone.

2. On my computer (not on the Iphone via SSH): Added the Buuf iPhone Dialer folder to the Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme into the proper folder (Bundle folder replacing existing sub-folder =com.apple.mobilephone and included the two re-named .PNGs as explained in Post# 197).

3. Uploaded the modified Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme to my iPhone via SSH.

The Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme seems to work once again! paultall90, have you or can you try this if you are still going into Safe Mode? For me, it seems that when I modify any files via SSH on the iPhone, things start messing up.

Sadly though with iOS 6.1.2, I am no longer able to use ScrollingBoard (I mistakenly called it Scrollingdock before) and still cannot use Infinidock... I can install either app but once I attempt to add a 5th icon to the dock, the phone crashes and I end up (again!) in Safe Mode. Delete ScrollingBoard and/or Infiniock and I'm still OK.

sjbtax I thank you! Starbuufs is one of my all-time favorites too! Much appreciated!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

paultall90 (02-21-2013), schnubb (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

at the moment i haven't got the safe mode issue it only occurs when i try and put facebook in the doc weird
    im having problems with white background to the logos around the newly added icons from the iphone 4 thread same problem as Bugsy
    but thanks for the info burrzoo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
    im having the same problem and Bugsy
    Be sure that you are adding .PNGs into the icons folder. No longer need to put and edit the Bundles folder since WinterBoard was updated.

You can try my Starbuufs .PNGs if you like...
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-starbucks.pngClick image for larger version

Name:	Starbucks.png
Views:	248
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	623179

And be sure to renames files as follows:
    Starbucks.png
    [email protected]

These .PNGs are 128X128

im having the same problem and Bugsy
    You can try my Starbuufs .PNGs if you like...
    Click image for larger version

ID:	623179Click image for larger version

ID:	623179

And the Facebook .PNGs
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-facebook.pngClick image for larger version

Name:	Facebook.png
Views:	165
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	623180
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks worked a treet no white background where can i get more like that

Thanks

thanks worked a treet no white background where can i get more like that
    I get most of them on the iPhone 4 Thread! Just be sure that the images are 128X128. I think that some of the icons in the iPhone 4 thread are for non-HD phones. That's all I can think of...

If there are a few that you want and you still just can't get them to work, let me know and I can try and upload them for you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=burrzoo;6775249]I have an iPhone 5 and updated to 6.1.2 (just for testing purposes). It was after the upgrade that I started getting the crashes.
    The only way that I was able to stop the crashes and not end up in Safe Mode was the following:

1. Deleted the Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme from my iPhone.

2. On my computer (not on the Iphone via SSH): Added the Buuf iPhone Dialer folder to the Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme into the proper folder (Bundle folder replacing existing sub-folder =com.apple.mobilephone and included the two re-named .PNGs as explained in Post# 197).

3. Uploaded the modified Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme to my iPhone via SSH.

The Buuf iPhone 5 HD Theme seems to work once again! paultall90, have you or can you try this if you are still going into Safe Mode? For me, it seems that when I modify any files via SSH on the iPhone, things start messing up.

Sadly though with iOS 6.1.2, I am no longer able to use ScrollingBoard (I mistakenly called it Scrollingdock before) and still cannot use Infinidock... I can install either app but once I attempt to add a 5th icon to the dock, the phone crashes and I end up (again!) in Safe Mode. Delete ScrollingBoard and/or Infiniock and I'm still OK.

sjbtax I thank you! Starbuufs is one of my all-time favorites too! Much appreciated![/QUOTE

Boy, what a day at work when you get mobbed and your boss doesn't care at all.
    Anyway, good to be back here and read that due to a lot of help and Doreen's work, things get done.
    Sad to hear that you can't use scrollingboard, figured out the reason? I purchased and I like it under 6.1:-)
    What I don't like is that NC settings overlays the really wonderful weather theme of Doreen. :-(
    Anyone knows some fix? I must admit that I haven't had time to deal with Lockscreen and NCSettings yet.

I plan to reinstall all that stuff again at the weekend but I suppose that still some main icons won't get themed as we haven't figured out the reason why.
    Until now the themes are on Library/Themes, not on var/mobile/stash/Themes.
    I think nobody knows if this was a mistake of me? Can't remember where In www. I read that Library folder is the standard one. AlsoI think that it might be better to make a clean reinstall, jailbreak with Evasion vers. 1.2 or 1.3, restore from backup, and install the Cydia tweaks one by one. Or would you restore etc. if you were me, too? Or just delete the Themes, Cydia tweaks and reinstall them? Sorry, so many questions going through my mind.

STAY BUUFFED!

sorry, Quote correctly doesn't work here...
    Last edited by schnubb; 02-21-2013 at 01:16 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to schnubb For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

Try and grab the icons from back in the original iPhone4 thread. Since my "Buuf retirement" I have moved my storage of all of my icons and that may be the problem causing the white background.

I'm pretty sure from memory that the iPhone 4 icons were 128x128. I'll have to check. I would have thought with the iPhone5 retina display that the icons would need to be bigger??

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-22-2013), Doreen (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnubb View Post
    Boy, what a day at work when you get mobbed and your boss doesn't care at all.
    Anyway, good to be back here and read that due to a lot of help and Doreen's work, things get done.
    Sad to hear that you can't use scrollingboard, figured out the reason? I purchased and I like it under 6.1:-)
    What I don't like is that NC settings overlays the really wonderful weather theme of Doreen. :-(
    Anyone knows some fix? I must admit that I haven't had time to deal with Lockscreen and NCSettings yet.

I plan to reinstall all that stuff again at the weekend but I suppose that still some main icons won't get themed as we haven't figured out the reason why.
    Until now the themes are on Library/Themes, not on var/mobile/stash/Themes.
    I think nobody knows if this was a mistake of me? Can't remember where In www. I read that Library folder is the standard one. AlsoI think that it might be better to make a clean reinstall, jailbreak with Evasion vers. 1.2 or 1.3, restore from backup, and install the Cydia tweaks one by one. Or would you restore etc. if you were me, too? Or just delete the Themes, Cydia tweaks and reinstall them? Sorry, so many questions going through my mind.

STAY BUUFFED!

sorry, Quote correctly doesn't work here...
    Hello schnubb! How are you! Glad you found a moment to drop in! Since i just retired my only "boss" is myself (OK, I do have a guilty conscience for spending so much time on the Net) and my Husband who has the flu at the moment ( so is not complaining to me about wasting time. He's usually OK with it anyway! Good luck with your "Boss." Seems like they have that same attitude all over the world! I've had that experience way too many times! #1 is to take care of YOU!

I'm still using the /Library/Themes folder path as well but didn't want to totally confuse everyone and change any of Doreen's instructions. I believe that each path works the same.
    I did just what you are thinking about. Restored/Updated iOS to 6.1.2 and re-jailbroke using evasi0n version 1.4 (since this supports iOS 6.1.2). I only updated iOS to help others here who were experiencing Safe Mode & other issues. If you do not need to use Exchange Email and don't have an iPhone 4/4S and still want to use the lovely Scrollingboard, do not update iOS. I'm guessing that's what broke Scrollingboard working with Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme (since it did work before I updated to iOS 6.1.2).

Can you send a picture of NC overlaying the weather theme? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. maybe when I see it, I can try to help figure out the problem.

Have a great evening! Time to take the dog out for a walk since the weather is beautifully sunny here.
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-21-2013 at 01:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

schnubb (02-21-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post
    Hello schnubb! How are you! Glad you found a moment to drop in! Since i just retired my only "boss" is myself (OK, I do have a guilty conscience for spending so much time on the Net) and my Husband who has the flu at the moment ( so is not complaining to me about wasting time. He's usually OK with it anyway! Good luck with your "Boss." Seems like they have that same attitude all over the world! I've had that experience way too many times! #1 is to take care of YOU!

I'm still using the /Library/Themes folder path as well but didn't want to totally confuse everyone and change any of Doreen's instructions. I believe that each path works the same.
    I did just what you are thinking about. Restored/Updated iOS to 6.1.2 and re-jailbroke using evasi0n version 1.4 (since this supports iOS 6.1.2). I only updated iOS to help others here who were experiencing Safe Mode & other issues. If you do not need to use Exchange Email and don't have an iPhone 4/4S and still want to use the lovely Scrollingboard, do not update iOS. I'm guessing that's what broke Scrollingboard working with Buuf iPhone 5 HD theme (since it did work before I updated to iOS 6.1.2).

Can you send a picture of NC overlaying the weather theme? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. maybe when I see it, I can try to help figure out the problem.

Have a great evening! Time to take the dog out for a walk since the weather is beautifully sunny here.
    Thanks for your warm words, burrzoo. The issue is that the complete company I work for is weird and crazy. I'm looking for a new job since I've started at them. Unluckily it is quite hard here if you're 41 like me.... :-) In that age I got the feeling that I'm too expensive for most of the interested companies which I've applied at.
    Also thx. for your ideas regarding the new restore. Already know there's no need to update to 6.1.2 but thanks nevertheless.:-)
    Sorry, even if I'm a bit bit experereinced on IT stuff, I unfortunately don' t know yet, how I can send a pic of my Lockscreen. Is there an app for it?:-)
    Wooohooo, we love dogs, too and like to take care of a Shiba-Inu somewhere when we will retire in 25 years, you know that kind of dog? Which doggie kind do you have, if I might ask?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Try and grab the icons from back in the original iPhone4 thread. Since my "Buuf retirement" I have moved my storage of all of my icons and that may be the problem causing the white background.

I'm pretty sure from memory that the iPhone 4 icons were 128x128. I'll have to check. I would have thought with the iPhone5 retina display that the icons would need to be bigger??
    Hello sjbtax,
    Maybe it's just me but I think that the 128X128 icons are just fine. They are not even that bad looking on my gigantic Samsung Galaxy Note II! LOL!

Hi schnubb,

Not to hijack this thread with our talk but I do want to respond...
    What those fool employers don't realize is that many of the more expensive people to hire that are 40+ come with such a wealth of experience! They can quite often take the place of two (or even three) younger inexperienced employees! Many times you pay less and get waaaay less. Just my opinion... Don't let that work "craziness" rule or ruin your life.
    I do know the Shiba-Inu! Very, very nice dogs. My friend had one and lost her last year to illness. Heart-breaking. You don't have your own dog now? I'm sorry if you don't and/or cannot. Dogs bring so much to your life. So much joy and happiness. I have a black Labrador Retriever. He's a big lap dog! We love him so much. He's a lot of fun.

You can take a picture (grab a screenshot) of any screen on your iPhone by simultaneously pressing on the Home button and the Power on/off button on the top of the phone. The functionality is built into the phone by Apple. This screenshot automatically gets saved to your Photo Camera Roll. Then you can email it to yourself and save it on your desktop and attach it to a post here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi everyone, first off thanks to doreen and everyone involved with buuf. couple of questions. i've got an iphone 5 on ios 6.1. latest winterboard and buuf iphone 5 theme. Im not having any safe mode issues, however when i try to add an icon, both regular and @2x with correct names, to the icon folder it doesn't have any effect. I've even tried putting them in a com.xxxx.xxx folder and add them to bundles to no avail. i've tried both ssh and ifile. Any suggestions?

Also, my springboard has the normal "guy looking over a fence" wallpaper, but whenever i open a folder, it shows my original non-buuf wallpaper until i close the folder, then it goes back to the buuf wallpaper. Any suggestions there?

I've tried looking for answers, but nothing has worked. I've even cleared the caches. Thanks again everyone! love this theme.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ButlerDawgs For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerDawgs View Post
    Hi everyone, first off thanks to doreen and everyone involved with buuf. couple of questions. i've got an iphone 5 on ios 6.1. latest winterboard and buuf iphone 5 theme. Im not having any safe mode issues, however when i try to add an icon, both regular and @2x with correct names, to the icon folder it doesn't have any effect. I've even tried putting them in a com.xxxx.xxx folder and add them to bundles to no avail. i've tried both ssh and ifile. Any suggestions?

Also, my springboard has the normal "guy looking over a fence" wallpaper, but whenever i open a folder, it shows my original non-buuf wallpaper until i close the folder, then it goes back to the buuf wallpaper. Any suggestions there?

I've tried looking for answers, but nothing has worked. I've even cleared the caches. Thanks again everyone! love this theme.
    Hello ButlerDawgs,

After you uploaded the 2 .PNGs via SSH (into the icons folder), did you try a ReBoot and not just a Respring? Sometimes I've had to do that to be able to view the new icon. The application name (I believe) is also case-sensitive. For example, don't use twitter use Twitter

The icons need to be 128 X 128 in size. I'm drawing blanks here otherwise. I don't know if there will be any difference when using iOS 6.1.1 vs 6.1.2. I'm now using iOS 6.1.2 and uploading new icons works fine. They also worked when I had iOS 6.1.0

If none of these ideas work, hopefully someone else can help out here.

Attachment 623079Attachment 623079

/Library/Themes
    my problem now is
    when i try to put new icons like the above in the icon folder it then goes in to safe mode
    even tried renaming 2 of the original .png files that are there it still goes in to safe mode once i remove the files its back and working
    any ideas anybody please
    thanks
    paul
    paultall90,

I finally found this twitter icon in the 128 X 128 size. Your icons were 100 X 100 with the white boxed background. Here are the non-white background 128 X 128 images. I was determined to find this since I really liked the icon too! Thanks!
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-twitter.pngClick image for larger version

Name:	Twitter.png
Views:	345
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	623223

I forgot to upload the icons that look like yours. I wanted to say that I have two versions!
    Buuf iPhone 5 HD-twitter.pngClick image for larger version

Name:	Twitter.png
Views:	251
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	623227
    Last edited by burrzoo; 02-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

ButlerDawgs (02-21-2013), paultall90 (02-22-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks burrzoo for the reply. I have tried your suggestions to no avail. the weird thing is some of the icons that should be "buuf'ed" to begin with aren't. these 2 screenshots show that. for example maps, ipod, etc aren't buuf'ed. also attached is a picture of an open folder and how the wallpaper switches. Thanks again.Buuf iPhone 5 HD-photo-1.pngBuuf iPhone 5 HD-photo-2.png

Thanks

thanks burrzoo for the reply. I have tried your suggestions to no avail. the weird thing is some of the icons that should be "buuf'ed" to begin with aren't. these 2 screenshots show that. for example maps, ipod, etc aren't buuf'ed. also attached is a picture of an open folder and how the wallpaper switches. Thanks again.Attachment 623224Attachment 623225
    First off, not every icon will be Buff'd. Only the ones within the icons folder and the Bundles folder. That being said, [Apple] Maps, Camera, etc. should be "themed."

I forgot, many of us (including me) had the same issue as you did when we first uploaded the Theme. Try this, Remove/Uninstall WinterBoard then Re-install it and ReBoot.

I see that same thing as you do when opening a Folder and my old default wallpaper is displayed in the background. I can't remember if it appeared any differently with my prior iPhones and the Buuf Themes. That would be a "Doreen" question!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013)

Thanks

How do I install all of this awesomeness on my phone? I'm kinda new to the jailbreaking stuff. I have buuf bababooyee installed now but I like this version much better.

Sorry bababuufey
    Last edited by 49wyztoscore; 02-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 49wyztoscore View Post
    How do I install all of this awesomeness on my phone? I'm kinda new to the jailbreaking stuff. I have buuf bababooyee installed now but I like this version much better.

Sorry bababuufey
    Hello 49wyz...

Since these Themes are not yet in Cydia, I suggest that you start off and go into Cydia on the main Cydia section (the page that loads first after you click on the Cydia icon) and look for the section within the "User Guides" for "Copying Files to/from Device" and "OpenSSH Access How-To." After you get all that stuff nailed down and assuming that you have an iPhone 5, come on back here to get the Themes and upload them to specific folders on your iPhone. ReadMe files are included within the Theme downloads here as well as many tips and tricks within this thread.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrzoo For This Useful Post:

Doreen (02-21-2013), Jaidnoire (04-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hhjulbent View Post
    Having some trouble....How can i fix this?Attachment 623107
    Sorry this keyboard was made for the English Keyboard layout only so that most likely is why you are having that issue. And I don't have any plans to update my keyboard in other languages as it was wayyyy too much work to make this one. (more than I actually expected)
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i use this themes always run to safe mode

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Dawgs
    The reason some icons are themed and some are not is some icons are themed via the bundles but now that WB has been updated recently we can theme "all" icons via the Icons folder within the theme instead of the bundles so if you go into Winterboard and make sure you have SummerBoard Mode turned "ON" and then "reboot" (respring does not always force things to theme after a setting is changed) that "should" work.

Quote Originally Posted by burrzoo View Post

I see that same thing as you do when opening a Folder and my old default wallpaper is displayed in the background. I can't remember if it appeared any differently with my prior iPhones and the Buuf Themes. That would be a "Doreen" question!
    Doreen answers the Doreen question:

As for the wall you need to make sure your default user wallpaper is the wallpaper you want to to appear when you open up a folder and that is assigned via the iPhone's settings (you assign the wallpaper you want there) That wallpaper needs to be the same as the one that is themed via your theme in Winterboard for it all to be uniform. So you need to make an additional copy of the wall that is in your theme and transfer it over to your phone:

/private/var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone

Once your default system wallpaper and your themed wallpaper are the same then when you open your folder they both will match.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post

Hi Shane

I remember back in the other thread everyone had that white icon issue if they did not first open up the icon in a new tab/window first before right clicking to save? OR was that a browser specific issue that some had to save their icons by opening them up in a new window first?

Quote Originally Posted by simon1018 View Post
    when i use this themes always run to safe mode
    I have no idea what the exact problem was but I had several updates that came in via Cydia "today" and one of them fixed my dock icon issue and I am happy to say I personally have no more crashing issues at all! Hooray!!!!
    Last edited by Doreen; 02-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

ButlerDawgs (02-22-2013)