+ Reply
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I included the PSD for the app icons in the file root to make it a lot easier. Go to Dreamboard/gyro hd 3/PSD and you will find them.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JoeyBoren's Avatar
    Thanks

I included the PSD for the app icons in the file root to make it a lot easier. Go to Dreamboard/gyro hd 3/PSD and you will find them.
    SLC

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyBoren For This Useful Post:

gray bishop (02-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any chance of an alternative to that page devoted to twitter and Facebook? A lot of people don't use either, so it's wasted space really.

iPhone? More like MyPhone laurence0609's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm trying to change the messaging apps to biteSMS. Can anybody point mo to the right file to edit and what files to rename, please? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurence0609 View Post
    I'm trying to change the messaging apps to biteSMS. Can anybody point mo to the right file to edit and what files to rename, please? Thanks
    Navigate using iFile to Dreamboard/Gyro HD 3/current.plist open this file up and search for com.apple.MobileSMS, replace them all with com.bitesms.

Do the same thing with the Theme.plist which is in the same file directory.
    SLC

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeyBoren For This Useful Post:

gray bishop (02-13-2013), laurence0609 (02-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Downloading now and I have a few days of work so I'll have plenty time to play around with it. Thanks Jooey.

John

Green Apple
    Thanks

Joey i cant thank you enough. 2 days straight standing in line at Starbucks and chicks over my shoulder asking how I did that to my iPhone, it's hilarious. Might have to start asking them to buy my coffee for links to this forum......anyway

I want to change the Calendar app to use Any.do and need to know what to type in plist to make that happen
    same with twitter (I use Tweetdeck), Flipboard for the Compass, and Key Ring instead of pasbook

thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im wanting to make my own Icons and put them on this theme. But I was wondering how do I get the .psd on to the computer so I can edit them in photoshop? And then how do I put the .png back into the iphone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanOptic's Avatar
    Thanks

You will have to SSH it to your computer

Download openssh with cydia

On your computer download winscp

Use your ip address your phone is using for wifi

Login = root
    Password = alpine

Then navigate like ifile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright thanks. One more question How do I find the launch names?

Lets say I just want to change the music icon to go to spotify and not to music. Ive found spotifys. com.spotify.client.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBoren View Post
    Navigate using iFile to Dreamboard/Gyro HD 3/current.plist open this file up and search for com.apple.MobileSMS, replace them all with com.bitesms.

Do the same thing with the Theme.plist which is in the same file directory.
    Hi Joey, I tried what you instructed below but the messaging app has not changed. I re-booted and still no change. Bitesms opens fine when accessing from my apps though. I changed all the instances of com.apple.MobileSMS in both lists. I'm probably missing something simple ;-)

John

Edit... Also my weather shows the wrong temperature (34deg instead of near zero )
    Last edited by GiZZeRR; 02-13-2013 at 05:47 AM.

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

(Read the Forum, Question 2 was already answered on page 4 of this Topic)

1 You have to edit booth playlists in ifile (first the theme.plist - save -, then the Current.plist - save -, then respring, now it should work (works for me)

2 Fahrenheit/Celsius : navigate to the city folder in ifile. It's var/mobile/library/dreamboard/gyro hd 3/widgets/city/. Then edit the functions.js file. Look for a string that says url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p="; Change the f to c then save and respring your device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks NBE, I followed the instructions earlier in the thread and I've just gone through both plists again incase I made a typo but it all looks good and still doesn't work for bitesms.

Sorted the temp problem though so thanks again.

John

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was attempting to mess around with moving the main apps around. the first two i was going to switch was passbook and facebook and everything worked except the image for passbook. the fb logo and app moved to where passbook was on the 2nd page, and the passbook app would open where facebook was, but the image is blank. i tried to recorrect it and change everything back to normal but i cannot get the passbook.png image to appear at all now. any thoughts? are there some apps that you need to change more than just the com.xxx.xxx and the .png file(when you search facebook it appears a lot more than just a couple of times)? thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default google maps
    Is it possible to change the map icon to open google map app instead of the Apple map app?
    Also it would be cool to have the time showing right above where the weather is showing.

Would you know why the edit mode wouldn't work on my phone? Iphone 5 running ios 6.1.

Looking forward to the lockscreen mod hou have planned!

Awesome theme by the way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GiZZeRR View Post
    Thanks NBE, I followed the instructions earlier in the thread and I've just gone through both plists again incase I made a typo but it all looks good and still doesn't work for bitesms.

Sorted the temp problem though so thanks again.

John
    If you could past the code you have in your plist. It should have first looked like this,

<string>launch com.apple.MobileSMS</string>

and changed to this

<string>launch com.bitesms</string>

Save and respring and it should work.
    SLC

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyBoren For This Useful Post:

GiZZeRR (02-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes im actually working on alternative .plists (settings) for the theme that will change them.
    Any chance you happen to know when this will be done? I just received the latest update, and it's awesome, but every time there is an update, it takes a long time to change the icons, redirect icons, etc. If it will be a while before you come up with the alternate .plists, I'll go ahead and make my changes now. Incredible theme, by the way. Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avandever View Post
    i was attempting to mess around with moving the main apps around. the first two i was going to switch was passbook and facebook and everything worked except the image for passbook. the fb logo and app moved to where passbook was on the 2nd page, and the passbook app would open where facebook was, but the image is blank. i tried to recorrect it and change everything back to normal but i cannot get the passbook.png image to appear at all now. any thoughts? are there some apps that you need to change more than just the com.xxx.xxx and the .png file(when you search facebook it appears a lot more than just a couple of times)? thank you.
    Did you make sure you spelled the Passbook.png correctly when you replaced Facebook.png?
    SLC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you make sure you spelled the Passbook.png correctly when you replaced Facebook.png?
    i searched for "Pass" and every one it returned had Passbook.png. i'm sure i screwed something up along the lines.

theme is awesome and i am just being picky with organizing apps exactly how i want. will try again at a later time. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray bishop View Post
    Joey i cant thank you enough. 2 days straight standing in line at Starbucks and chicks over my shoulder asking how I did that to my iPhone, it's hilarious. Might have to start asking them to buy my coffee for links to this forum......anyway

I want to change the Calendar app to use Any.do and need to know what to type in plist to make that happen
    same with twitter (I use Tweetdeck), Flipboard for the Compass, and Key Ring instead of pasbook

thanks in advance

What you will need to do to change those is find the apps launch code that you want to replace it with. An easy way to do it is by going into edit mode, open up either games or favorites folder, press an icon placement so it brings up you list of apps you can place. In that list under the names you will see codes com.xxxx.xxxx. These are the launch codes for that app. Once you have all the launch codes, open up the Current.plist and search for the apps code that you want to change (you can also find these in the same list as before) so example the Facebook launch code is com.facebook.Facebook, you will search for that and then place that new code of the app you want to switch it with. Once you have done all of that, you must do the same thing in the Theme.plist. Save and then respring and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by cmattis View Post
    Any chance you happen to know when this will be done? I just received the latest update, and it's awesome, but every time there is an update, it takes a long time to change the icons, redirect icons, etc. If it will be a while before you come up with the alternate .plists, I'll go ahead and make my changes now. Incredible theme, by the way. Absolutely beautiful.
    Im not exactly sure when but ill release the files in a zip download on this forum and a walk though to change it. Just so people like you who have really edited the .plists, won't need to restart each time there is an update from cydia.
    Last edited by JoeyBoren; 02-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    SLC

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyBoren For This Useful Post:

gray bishop (02-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone help me with the vshare launch name?