+ Reply
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Brennan1998 NBE, Thanks for your help and plist. After many attempts, I have been successful swapping icons/apps (non-widget (Calendar)). Few quick questions - 1.). Again, how can
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan1998 View Post
    NBE,

Thanks for your help and plist. After many attempts, I have been successful swapping icons/apps (non-widget (Calendar)). Few quick questions -

1.). Again, how can we get rid of old badges for apps that have been moved?

2.). Is it feasible to move calendar to the first page without huge coding changes?

3.). How do we insert custom wallpapers? I see they are in png format and I have made icons in Photoshop and used them. Is it as simple as saving pics in Photoshop png format and inserting them into the "wallpaper" folder or is coding changes necessary in plists to have them as options as the stock ones are. - can you provide your wallpaper I've seen. It looks futuristic, maybe a Killzone mask or something.

Thanks again!
    Not sure if this is the proper way to do it but I put my own wallpapers on by using ifunbox and dragging my image to the wallpaper folder where it produces 2 files. I edited these files by adding .thumbnail-568h@2x~iphone.png to the smaller file and -568h@2x~ipone.png to the larger file. I then went to settings and browsed the wallpapers to find the file I just uploaded.

As I say, it may not be the easiest way but seemed to be the only way I could get it to work for me.

John

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wallpapers
    Thanks GiZZeRR.

Is it necessary to add those extensions to the uploaded files? In the root directory, the thumbnail is a png file and the actual wallpaper is a jpg file format. I wonder if you can simply deposit both file formats into the wallpapers folder and it would work? Also, do those custom wallpapers need to be a certain dimension or will the theme scale accordingly?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks GiZZeRR.

Is it necessary to add those extensions to the uploaded files? In the root directory, the thumbnail is a png file and the actual wallpaper is a jpg file format. I wonder if you can simply deposit both file formats into the wallpapers folder and it would work? Also, do those custom wallpapers need to be a certain dimension or will the theme scale accordingly?
    Not sure M8, I saved my jpg as a png before I uploaded it just to be on the safe side as all the other wallpapers were .png.

John

iPhone? More like MyPhone JoeyBoren's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks GiZZeRR.

You should save it as JPG or Dreamboard will not properly remove the wallpaper from view when you choose a different one. Thus, eating up your ram if you consistently change wallpapers. They also should be the dimensions of the current wallpapers included in the theme (1100 x 690) or any variation of these dimensions. If they are not, you risk your wallpaper looking stretched or distorted.
    If you don't care about the distortion risk, then it doesn't matter because Dreamboard will scale it to the proper dimensions.
    Last edited by JoeyBoren; 02-19-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    SLC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the help. So there is no coding required to add wallpapers. You simply save the pictures in PNG and JPEG format and then simply drag them into the wallpapers folder. Is this correct?

Thanks

Thanks to all for the help. So there is no coding required to add wallpapers. You simply save the pictures in PNG and JPEG format and then simply drag them into the wallpapers folder. Is this correct?
    Yes, that is correct.
    SLC

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shanx2013 View Post
    sweet theme. great job moddin the theme NBE. Lookin forward to your 16 APPS per PAGE plist With ur other pblist I had some problems, settin up the wallpaper because it always overlapped with the second row top. I tried to shrink the wallpaper frame, but it didnt work for me If someone knows how to do it. I would appreciate the help.
    You have to replace Overlay & Overlay2 in the Folder GYRO HD Iphone 5/Images, i had to rearrange them because of the 3rd Row
    Overlay NBE.zip

3rd Row Steps Guide:

1 You have to replace Overlay & Overlay2 in the Folder GYRO HD Iphone 5/Images, i had to rearrange them because of the 3rd Row
    Link:
    Overlay NBE.zip

2 .plist for the 3rd Row
    Theme.plist

3. Animations for the 3rd Row MOD (place in Gyro HD/Widgets/LAW/)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?romcorzx5ttc3nc
    - please rename the Folder to Animations after download
    Last edited by NBE; 02-20-2013 at 02:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

perfect thanks NBE for ur help. Today I tried to put my own photos as wallpapers, therefore i saved my images as png. and jpg. both files i copied in gyro/wallpaper file and renamed then as wallpaper1.jpg and wallpaper1-th.png. Then I checked if my wallpaper was really unter wallpapers after a respring, and there was my wallpaper but when I selected it, it didn't work and showed the original blank wallpaper. Maybe someone could explain the way in a step by step explanantion. Thanks guys for all ur help.

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

perfect thanks NBE for ur help. Today I tried to put my own photos as wallpapers, therefore i saved my images as png. and jpg. both files i copied in gyro/wallpaper file and renamed then as wallpaper1.jpg and wallpaper1-th.png. Then I checked if my wallpaper was really unter wallpapers after a respring, and there was my wallpaper but when I selected it, it didn't work and showed the original blank wallpaper. Maybe someone could explain the way in a step by step explanantion. Thanks guys for all ur help.
    Choose the Pic you want and size it to 1100 x 690, save it as a .jpg (Wallpaper1.jpg) Then, same pic, size it to 100 x 100, and save it as a .png (Wallpaper1-th.png)
    Put them into the Wallpaper Folder and done!
    The Mistake you made was: The "W" (it's a great W, not a small)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks NBE, I tried what u said and even doppel checked the size. Everything looks correct, but I only get the wallpaper preview when I wanna select my new one under Settings. And then it is still the the grey background from wallpaper1, which i deleted from my wallpaper images. Therefore I am kinda confused I am tryin it again from the beginnin and hope it will work. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NBE,

You are the man!!! Everything from this post will create three rows. I would probably like to keep just 2 at top and bottom. Do you have the Overlay so I can see more of my custom wallpapers? The second row cuts a third off.

Do you have a pic of what three ows look like.

If I insert third row, I assume I'll have to redo all the code I've one to place icons where I want them. It was quite a bit of work as you know.

Thanks.

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

NBE,

You are the man!!! Everything from this post will create three rows. I would probably like to keep just 2 at top and bottom. Do you have the Overlay so I can see more of my custom wallpapers? The second row cuts a third off.

Do you have a pic of what three ows look like.

If I insert third row, I assume I'll have to redo all the code I've one to place icons where I want them. It was quite a bit of work as you know.

Thanks.
    Preview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5-foto-1.png
    3rd Row

Preview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5-foto.jpg
    3rd & 4th Row

Another Row @ the Bottom? or is it enough like in the 2nd Pic[/SIZE]

i'll try tonight...
    3 Rows @ the Top
    2 Rows @ Bottom
    =
    6 Rows (with the Dock Row)
    that would make 19 Icons per Page

what do you think???
    ...so with that, i think everybody could place ALL of his favorite Apps on Page1, Page2 ALL the favorite Games, & on Page 3 the Rest...
    Last edited by NBE; 02-20-2013 at 08:44 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NBE For This Useful Post:

shanx2013 (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Wallpaper 1 is the instructions on how to install Wallpaper JPEGifier. So by pressing that wallpaper button, it will only change wallpapers if you have Wallpaper JPEGifier installed.
    SLC

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Theme
    NBE,

In my humble opinion, I think more than 4 rows total starts to look a bit cluttered. I think it's perfect. I just wanted to know if there's a way to somehow change the dimensions of the wallpapers (Overlay?) so we can see more of them. The second row you added at the top cuts a third of the wallpaper off. Is there a way to do that?

Any more thoughts on a tutorial showing how to move calendar or other widgets? I'd really like to have it and the badges on the first page.

Just a thought, consider having 4 rows total: upper most and lowest rows having 4 icons each and three in the 2 inner ones?

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have no idea what just happened, I saw the latest Gyro update and lost all of my customization I did via Current and Theme plist, 1st thing it says was cant find info.plist

should I just replace the current and theme with what I saved on my desktop again?

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray bishop View Post
    I have no idea what just happened, I saw the latest Gyro update and lost all of my customization I did via Current and Theme plist, 1st thing it says was cant find info.plist

should I just replace the current and theme with what I saved on my desktop again?
    Here it is / place it where the current.plist & theme.plist are...
    Info.plist

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NBE For This Useful Post:

gray bishop (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi again, everythin works just fine with using different wallpapers NBE, thanks.

1. Right now I am using ur last pblist/ and overlay, and I am tryin to resize the first row from top in the same size as the second row from top. But at the same time I have to resize the overlay, so it will fit perfectly in the space. NBE I would really appreciate it, if u could help me. Because thats the only thing, I still wanna fix.

2. Can s1 please explain to me, how I can change the calendar icon correctly? When I am tryin it, the date always get lost by movin my icons.

NBE
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Preview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5-foto1.pngPreview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5-foto2.pngPreview Gyro HD 3 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5-foto3.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NBE,

Looks awesome. How did you get those black/grey borders on the second top row? Is that a black/grey layer added behind image in Photoshop? It adds a nice finishing touch.

Also, I like the first image on the non-dock bottom row with splitting the first and third icon to half. How was this done?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i replaced the apple maps with google maps and the google maps icon has notifications on it. i don't understand how a maps application has notifications?

edit: it is showing the notifications for the "app store" icon. i have google maps on the 2nd page, top middle icon and the app store is in the same position on the third page. any idea why this would be happening? thanks.
    Last edited by avandever; 02-22-2013 at 08:55 AM.