Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS'86

Nice work. Not my cup of tea though... If I wanted to pretend it was the 80's, I'd carry a brick motorola. But I am sure it's good for a few giggles and a sure conversation opener at bars

thanks a lot, really love this theme and all ur works.
    u made my day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0225.png 
Views:	1114 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	599790

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blissis5s View Post
    thanks a lot, really love this theme and all ur works.
    u made my day

Name:	IMG_0225.png 
Views:	1114 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	599790
    Can you post your icons? ********** and Messenger?
    Thanks

This file contains icons of Whatsapp, FB Messenger, Instagram, ********** and Echofon Pro. All were made by myself.
    Actually, i think it's better to use the icon from iOS'86 next update but it's okay to use mine until the real one comes.
    Hope u like it
    Additional Icon for iOS'86 Theme.rar

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blissis5s For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-19-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blissis5s View Post
    This file contains icons of Whatsapp, FB Messenger, Instagram, ********** and Echofon Pro. All were made by myself.
    Actually, i think it's better to use the icon from iOS'86 next update but it's okay to use mine until the real one comes.
    Hope u like it
    Additional Icon for iOS'86 Theme.rar
    Thanks!! Good icons!!

Track8
    com.enderlabs.Track-8
    [email protected]

Name:	Icon@2x.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	599918

Podcasts
    com.apple.podcasts
    [email protected]

Name:	Icon-iPhone@2x.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	599920

FaceTime
    com.apple.mobileiphone (?)
    Icon-FaceTime@2x~iphone.png

Name:	Icon-FaceTime@2x~iphone.png 
Views:	543 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	599922

iBooks
    com.apple.iBooks
    [email protected]

Name:	Icon-iPhone@2x (2).png 
Views:	320 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	599921
    Last edited by gadc333; 07-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4nky View Post
    Heck yeah. Thanks man.

Quick question, anyone know why the deleting of these files is necessary?
    These are cache files that do not (always) get reset when you respring. Winterboard currently doesn't delete these cache files so we need to do it manually. Then, after a respring, the cache files are recreated - this time with the themed images.

codylg.com - Twitter - FB
    Themes: Sarif - iOS'86

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody-lg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-19-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBaron View Post
    These are cache files that do not (always) get reset when you respring. Winterboard currently doesn't delete these cache files so we need to do it manually. Then, after a respring, the cache files are recreated - this time with the themed images.
    So the files are recreated upon respring
    Got ya! thanks!

trying to install this on my iPod Touch 3g 5.1 - all I get when I enable in Winterboard is really blocky text, and when I try to find the font in Bytafont it doesn't appear to be anywhere. I really want to get this to work - can somebody please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by dukefloss View Post
    trying to install this on my iPod Touch 3g 5.1 - all I get when I enable in Winterboard is really blocky text, and when I try to find the font in Bytafont it doesn't appear to be anywhere. I really want to get this to work - can somebody please help me?
    Unfortunately this is a theme for retina devices - the 3g is not supported. You can apply for a refund on your purchase through Cydia if you wish.

New icons here
    Last edited by Cody-lg; 07-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody-lg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-19-2012)

Well, Install**s has a weird shape to its icon, it appears taller. Thanks for sharing those asked-for icons. Too bad they ain't pixelated ;P

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBaron View Post
    Unfortunately this is a theme for retina devices - the 3g is not supported. You can apply for a refund on your purchase through Cydia if you wish.

New icons here
    bummer - this is the only theme that has actually ever interested me. Is there any way to convert it to standard def - what tools would I need (I'm on OSX Lion).

Either way - when I eventually have a retina device I will be using this theme.

bummer - this is the only theme that has actually ever interested me. Is there any way to convert it to standard def - what tools would I need (I'm on OSX Lion).

You can resize each image by 1/2 in Preview.
    Use some SSH client or iExplorer (or iFile, zipping up the whole theme folder and sending it to yourself or to a Dropbox account or simply to make the transfer shorter (& less buggy) with iExplorer.
    Then each png will require a change of dimensions. Preview should suffice.
    Tedious work, you're warned.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    You can resize each image by 1/2 in Preview.
    Use some SSH client or iExplorer (or iFile, zipping up the whole theme folder and sending it to yourself or to a Dropbox account or simply to make the transfer shorter (& less buggy) with iExplorer.
    Then each png will require a change of dimensions. Preview should suffice.
    Tedious work, you're warned.
    Cool, I think I'll give it a go (this theme is too good to pass up) - will I have to rename any of the files?

You will. Forgot mentioning that.
    Most of times removing '@2x' before the .png extension will suffice.
    Some apps make I more complicated, like changing icon114.png to icon57.png
    And sometimes much less obvious too, for instance when you're on an older firmware.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Alfroggy is right, it will be a lot of work, but it is possible. I would like to support non-retina devices, but I do not have access to one for testing.

Do you have an alternate link for the template? seems like Mediafire took it down

Quote Originally Posted by kirtap View Post
    Do you have an alternate link for the template? seems like Mediafire took it down
    I actually got a takedown request on behalf of a music artist - my psd seems to be infringing on the copyright of their music. What a joke, I've updated the link to a new download.

I've started but have already run into a problem - I have copied the folder from Var\Stash or whatever - but when I try to open the files in Preview it says they are corrupt/damaged.

Oh, that's because the images are optimized for the iPhone.
    Photoshop can open those I think (I don't own no Ps copy). Google that perhaps for the time being. Some better themers will help I'm sure.
    I did notice I can view those images in Preview while using iExplorer WHEN I am in the same directory in iFile at the same time. Is this a worthy workaround ?

This theme looks great!!! I am really thinking of using it, if winterboard is now battery safe (Ill test that)

Why no SBSetting and notification center themes? And can keyboard be themed?

Regards!!!

iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4S
    Last edited by milika; 07-20-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast