+ Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by DerDoktor Sure thing! Attachment 597307 Attachment 597308 Attachment 597309 Attachment 597310 Attachment 597325 WOW nice! It looks like the Template of Trentmorris are good to work wit.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOW nice! It looks like the Template of Trentmorris are good to work wit. Can you explain how you created these? I have a couple more icons I need but I don't want to bother you with more work so I would like to do it myself. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Sorry I have another question. How can I make a native app icon the correct size for an appstore app. Can I just resize it PS or do I need to do something else?
    Last edited by mcbbvb; 07-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElderRoco's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow great work Trent! Looks stunning, after owning all your previous themes, i think I'm really gonna love this one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcbbvb View Post
    WOW nice! It looks like the Template of Trentmorris are good to work wit. Can you explain how you created these? I have a couple more icons I need but I don't want to bother you with more work so I would like to do it myself. Thank you very much!
    Except for the news icon it's pretty much a simple copy and paste thing. Read this post carefully - trentmorris covered everthing important.

First make a new folder in the green section and name it like the icon you want to theme. Find an icon and put it the folder.
    Select the layer with your original icon and go to "Edit -> Transform -> Scale". Keep the Shift-key pressed and change the size of the icon like you want it to be. When done, press enter.
    Then take a look at the three icons (Camera+, Facebook, Chase) which are already in the template.
    Now you can copy layer styles of these three icons and paste it to the layer of your icon. Play around a little bit to find out which layer style suits you.
    Then you can add some effects (try) and change the color of the base.
    When you're done, save your work as a .png file. That's it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry for my bad english - in case you haven't noticed by now, english is not my first language.
    Last edited by DerDoktor; 07-06-2012 at 07:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DerDoktor View Post
    Except for the news icon it's pretty much a simple copy and paste thing. Read this post carefully - trentmorris covered everthing important.

First make a new folder in the green section and name it like the icon you want to theme. Find an icon and put it the folder.
    Select the layer with your original icon and go to "Edit -> Transform -> Scale". Keep the Shift-key pressed and change the size of the icon like you it to be. When done, press enter.
    Then take a look at the three icons (Camera+, Facebook, Chase) which are already in the template.
    Now you can copy layer styles of these three icons and paste it to the layer of your icon. Play around a little bit to find out which layer style suits you.
    Then you can add some effects (try) and change the color of the base.
    When you're done, save your work as a .png file. That's it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry for bad english - in case you haven't noticed by now, english is not my first language.
    Thank you for your good explanation. When I get home I will try it. Thanks!

PS. English isn't my native language too (I'm Dutch and I guess you're German) and there is nothing wrong with your English.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First Homescreen nearly done...

Attachment 597265
    how'd you get that status bar theme? would you mind telling me the name of it

iPhone? More like MyPhone trentmorris's Avatar
    Thanks

DerDoktor, great job on the icons! Looks like you figured out the PSD, they look perfect. Thanks for contributing!

I'm pretty busy working on a few projects including a new UI theme (I hope to have ready for beta testing in the next week or so!) so I really appreciate those of you who are familiar with Photoshop and can help fulfill icon requests! Of course I'll try and pitch in whenever possible as well.

I've been getting excellent feedback for Newport. Thank you to all who have sent such nice words. It really means a lot to receive so much support for my work. Please keep the requests, questions, and comments coming. Either here on this thread, over at the deviantART page, on Twitter, or email.

Cheers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you trentmorris for this theme!

if possible, i would like to request the following:
    sparrow
    com.sparrowmailapp.iphoneapp
    [email protected]

echofon pro for twitter
    net.naan.TwitterFonPro
    [email protected]

calvetica calendar
    com.westaydesign.calvetica
    [email protected]

todo
    com.appigo.todo
    [email protected]

localscope
    com.cynapse.localscope
    [email protected]

pocket
    com.ideashower.ReadItLaterPro
    IconPhone_114.png

note'd
    net.suxxexx.noted
    [email protected]

i know it's 2 more than the asked maximum, sorry about that. i would truly appreciate it these icons and thank you in advance!

Thanks

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-calvetica.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-echofon.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-localscope.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-noted.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-pocket.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sparrow.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-todo.png

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DerDoktor For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (07-13-2012), songbirrd (07-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you DerDoktor!! is it possible to use this photo for the calvetica app icon?
    Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-iphone_calvetica_01.jpg

thank you!

Thanks

Something like that?

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-calvetica_alt.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-test.png

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DerDoktor For This Useful Post:

songbirrd (07-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes! just curious, hate to be a bugger but is there a way i can get pocket & calvetica to be less foggy looking? hope that makes sense

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could I request an icon for Omnifocus?

Please and THANK YOU.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trentmorris View Post
    DerDoktor, great job on the icons! Looks like you figured out the PSD, they look perfect. Thanks for contributing!

I'm pretty busy working on a few projects including a new UI theme (I hope to have ready for beta testing in the next week or so!) so I really appreciate those of you who are familiar with Photoshop and can help fulfill icon requests! Of course I'll try and pitch in whenever possible as well.

I've been getting excellent feedback for Newport. Thank you to all who have sent such nice words. It really means a lot to receive so much support for my work. Please keep the requests, questions, and comments coming. Either here on this thread, over at the deviantART page, on Twitter, or email.

Cheers.
    Huh? Your moving on to another theme?
    I don't get it. Why do themeres put out a theme and expect people to pay for and have community do all the support.
    It nice there were extra icons in the theme but it would be nice if you were around to do some of the very popular cydia apps too. It would been nice to see you include apps like SBSettings, Activator, PKGBackup,Springtomize, AppInfo., etc
    Last edited by nealh; 07-07-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    It would been nice to see you include apps like SBSettings, Activator, PKGBackup,Springtomize, AppInfo., etc
    I did some Cydia icons, maybe you can use them. I recommend using the Winterboard icon from the theme for Activator.

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-bytafont.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-pkgbackup.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sbsettings.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-springtomize.png Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-winterboard.png

Quote Originally Posted by songbirrd View Post
    yes! just curious, hate to be a bugger but is there a way i can get pocket & calvetica to be less foggy looking? hope that makes sense
    Like that?

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-pocket_alt.png

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DerDoktor For This Useful Post:

chicktiger (07-07-2012), indyzzzz (07-13-2012), nealh (07-07-2012), songbirrd (07-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes! thank you for your edit on this
    Last edited by songbirrd; 07-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tweetbot pretty pretty please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you have a large version of the promo wallpaper too? I love it and i need one for my mac

Edit: Nevermind, i made on of my own. Tried to use the same colors, it's open for use if you'd like too
    Wallpaper
    Last edited by Ricofizz; 07-08-2012 at 10:18 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Last edited by MaybachMusic; 07-08-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks

a little late from release, but this looks really nice!