+ Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Here are some foursquare icons too:
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here are some foursquare icons too:

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-foursquare-1.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-foursquare-2.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-foursquare-3.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Skyscanner icon maybe?

net.skyscanner.iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

solved, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg75 View Post
    how to apply these icons? thanks
    Last edited by alloucho; 04-03-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks

Would someone kindly make a Facebook icon like this one?ImageUploadedByModMyi1366079619.302011.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1366079705.365335.jpg
    Possibly With the color of the second photo. Thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone faarkrog74's Avatar
    Thanks

requist`s

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sk-rmbillede-2013-05-12-kl.-21.06.28.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sk-rmbillede-2013-05-12-kl.-21.06.49.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sk-rmbillede-2013-05-12-kl.-21.07.04.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sk-rmbillede-2013-05-12-kl.-21.07.53.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-sk-rmbillede-2013-05-12-kl.-21.08.06.png

got a safe mode after install of newport..... damn

ImageUploadedByModMyi1368388132.136581.jpglove it
    Last edited by faarkrog74; 05-13-2013 at 07:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w00f3r View Post
    You are welcome. About the edges, can you make screenshot?

I edit the icons. Now they have to look good.
    Attachment 610496Attachment 610497Attachment 610498Attachment 610499Attachment 610500Attachment 610501
    They still have the white around the edges...

Can't get it to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone trentmorris's Avatar
    Thanks

Newport 4 has finally been submitted to the repo and should be available in Cydia within the next day or two! After you update let me know what you all think! :)

The Official Newport Website will give you a sneak peek of version 4 before it's processed through Cydia -- Cheers!

–Trent

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trentmorris For This Useful Post:

faarkrog74 (05-15-2013), nealh (05-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone faarkrog74's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trentmorris View Post
    Newport 4 has finally been submitted to the repo and should be available in Cydia within the next day or two! After you update let me know what you all think!

The Official Newport Website will give you a sneak peek of version 4 before it's processed through Cydia -- Cheers!

–Trent
    is there a complete icon list somewhere..?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really nice!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I miss the minimalistic slider at the lock screen it was so classy in my opinion. I did notice a loooot of changes throughout the UI and that's looking fantastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 7,958 Times in 1,620 Posts

Not really sure if I like or not the new slider too but V4 is awesome

PS : Trent, I noticed few bugs we could chat in private.

Last edited by Zooropalg; 05-16-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Found something else, the send button changes after you put in a recipient, not sure if that was intentional though..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-img_4328.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hate to criticize, because you've done a lot of really hard work on the theme. Sadly though a few things here bother me a bit. The slider on the lockscreen is really intrusive and not an improvement IMO. I had a nice photo that takes up the entire screen and now it's largely blocked. If you insist on keeping it large, perhaps you can get rid of the large black slider bar, and just leave the actual square button. I use "Fullscreen Lockscreen", and on Newport 3, this left nothing but the little square box to slide, which looked really minimalistic and awesome.

Also from an aesthetic standpoint, I really don't like the new dock, as it is intrusive and doesn't jive with my wallpapers at all. It looks like just a big black box at the bottom. Also I'm not a fan of the new X and + that show which page of the home screen you're on; the old ones looked much classier.

I don't mean to sound harsh lol. I've been playing around with my phone tonight and everything else you did looks amazing! It's clear you put a lot of hard work into this, and there are little touches everywhere that make this theme look really really good, and make it one of the best out there. However, I think you might have gotten a tad carried away with several large design elements, and I hope you'll reconsider in future updates. Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated

Also (and I apologize for the double post), I was wondering if someone could help me out. I wanted to use Trent's Weather and Maps icons for Yahoo Weather and Google Maps, respectively. I know icons for Apple stock apps and App Store apps are different, but I don't know how they are different and I can't figure it out. If I provide Trent's icons from these 2 Apple stock apps, could someone possibly convert them to a format that will allow me to use them as icons for App Store apps? I'd be extremely grateful, thanks!

Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-icon-2x.pngNewport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)-icon-2x.png
    Last edited by sportsfrk214; 05-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfrk214 View Post
    I hate to criticize, because you've done a lot of really hard work on the theme. Sadly though a few things here bother me a bit. The slider on the lockscreen is really intrusive and not an improvement IMO. I had a nice photo that takes up the entire screen and now it's largely blocked. If you insist on keeping it large, perhaps you can get rid of the large black slider bar, and just leave the actual square button. I use "Fullscreen Lockscreen", and on Newport 3, this left nothing but the little square box to slide, which looked really minimalistic and awesome.

Also from an aesthetic standpoint, I really don't like the new dock, as it is intrusive and doesn't jive with my wallpapers at all. It looks like just a big black box at the bottom. Also I'm not a fan of the new X and + that show which page of the home screen you're on; the old ones looked much classier.

I don't mean to sound harsh lol. I've been playing around with my phone tonight and everything else you did looks amazing! It's clear you put a lot of hard work into this, and there are little touches everywhere that make this theme look really really good, and make it one of the best out there. However, I think you might have gotten a tad carried away with several large design elements, and I hope you'll reconsider in future updates. Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated

Also (and I apologize for the double post), I was wondering if someone could help me out. I wanted to use Trent's Weather and Maps icons for Yahoo Weather and Google Maps, respectively. I know icons for Apple stock apps and App Store apps are different, but I don't know how they are different and I can't figure it out. If I provide Trent's icons from these 2 Apple stock apps, could someone possibly convert them to a format that will allow me to use them as icons for App Store apps? I'd be extremely grateful, thanks!

Attachment 638403Attachment 638404
    Thanks for your comments, both compliments and criticism. I agree the slim lock screen slider was nice, but keeping it would make it impossible to theme button throughout the UI as they would not fit in the thin slider track. So having the normal sized LS slider is necessary. I understand that there will be a few people who's wallpaper is intended to fit the entire screen, but as any theme developer knows, it's impossible to make a LS and Dock that will work with everyone's favorite wallpapers.

Personally I liked the LS slider from v3, but the way iOS handles buttons means that the UI buttons throughout iOS must be the same size as the slider knob. So it's kind of a 'catch 22' -- either have a slim LS slider and NO themed UI menu buttons or vice versa.

However in the next update (v4.1) I will most likely split several major elements into separate themes.. Allowing you to choose Icons, LS, User Interface, etc. -- That way leaving it up to the user to choose which part(s) of Newport to apply in Winterboard.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind emails, tweets, and messages. It's a good feeling to get overwhelmingly positive feedback on version 4. I have deep gratitude to all of you that support me and my work. If you like the theme, please tell a friend about it. The more users downloading my themes, giving feedback to help me improve it, and contributing in places like this forum and elsewhere, the more it helps me to put out the best product possible. I've worked really hard on Newport so it means the world to me receiving the kind of support and love the entire jailbreak community has offered me.

Cheers guys!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to trentmorris For This Useful Post:

nealh (05-17-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's such an odd technical limitation that iOS puts on you, I find that so interesting! Thanks for the explanation Something I wonder though...You know how the slider is essentially 2 elements? There's the actual square slider, and there's the bar that it slides along. And all of this goes on top of the larger black transparent box that Apple puts at the bottom of the screen. In Newport 3, when I enabled another tweak to get rid of Apple's black box, it got rid your black slider bar, leaving just the small black box. In Newport 4, it doesn't get rid of the slider bar. Maybe that is something that can be looked into in a future update?

But seriously I'm just nitpicking. I keep finding little new touches that you added, and it really makes this theme complete. I always loved Newport, and how you themed stuff like the Messages app, and it's awesome to now see your hand over so many other design elements. My iPhone has never looked better Thanks for all the hard work you do and all the time you dedicate to this This is the best iPhone theme going!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,121 Posts

Very sleek and stylish.. Thanks for
    Extra icons can I ask for a iCleaner & ThemeIconMaker (cydia icons) and Imgupr (app store icon) please

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

19. The Following User Says Thank You to P0R7ER For This Useful Post:

faarkrog74 (05-19-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

So I finally broke down and got this theme I love the icons

My iPhone is a Part of Me Toolysenegal's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a few icon request can anyone help me?

ImageUploadedByModMyi1369783544.589182.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would like to request some icons please.

1. Legend of the cryptids
    2. The chive
    3. Clash of clans
    4. The Simpsons tapped out
    5. KitCam

Thank you.

Thanks

Newport is still going strong and I'm blown away at the cult following it has spawned. The staggering amount of glowing reviews and seeing Newport featured in 'Top Themes of ____' lists as well as all the kind tweets / comments / emails expressing support has been truly humbling.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

(I've been running iOS 7 beta since release, but as soon as a jailbreak is made available I will return to development on Newport to continue improving the theme. In the meantime, a big thanks goes out to the handful of talented themes fulfilling icon requests here in this thread and around other forums.)

Cheers!

-trent

p.s. If you don't already.. Follow me on twitter @trntmrrs for project updates, iPhone wallpapers, and other goodies I put out!

+ Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021