Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newport for iOS 5 (RELEASED)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anybody know if it's possible ti have black status bar only in home screen and lockscreen?

I've found other bugs
    -inconsistency in theme elements when receiving or making a phone call

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1362257511.455001.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1362257525.614828.jpg

Hope that trentmorris will refine this wonderful theme it could be really perfect!

Could someone color this in a darker green? So I can use it for the iReconcile app

-cb1.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

-findfriends.png-thechive.png-tvguide.png-pandora.png-groopt.png-virtualwallet.png-snapchat.png-memebase.png-ifunny.pngName:  cb1.png
Views: 665
Size:  16.1 KB

-booking.png-sncfdirect.png-tripadvisor.png-voyagesncf.png

To easily retreive application's id and icon, use Appinfo from Cydia !
    Last edited by heisenberg75; 03-04-2013 at 07:33 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heisenberg75 For This Useful Post:

Majesty30 (05-27-2013)

I have a question hopefully one of you photoshop experts can help me out. I made an edit for the App Store icon(ill show below). I'd like to do the same for a few other apps. I'm pretty novice with photoshop but this was easy since the template is in the psd file. I'd like to do the same for the iTunes icon, iPod, Cydia and a few other. I can't seem to import the app images from the theme into photoshop to edit. If anyone can help I'd be a big fan. Thank youImageUploadedByModMyi1362437252.108872.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone trentmorris's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan of Earth View Post
    I have a question hopefully one of you photoshop experts can help me out. I made an edit for the App Store icon(ill show below). I'd like to do the same for a few other apps. I'm pretty novice with photoshop but this was easy since the template is in the psd file. I'd like to do the same for the iTunes icon, iPod, Cydia and a few other. I can't seem to import the app images from the theme into photoshop to edit. If anyone can help I'd be a big fan. Thank youImageUploadedByModMyi1362437252.108872.jpg
    Hey Dan,

I guess I'm confused by your question. You're familiar with Photoshop and have already found the PSD templates, but you want to "import the app images from the theme.. To edit"? Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you want to add outside graphics to a layer of the PSD? Or you want to open the PNG files of other icons in Photoshop?

Oh wait I think I know what you mean. You're wondering how to get the glyphs (logos, symbols, defining layers) from existing icons so you can change the background behind them and such?

Unfortunately I couldn't keep all the app's glyphs in the included PSD. I believe the personal Newport PSD I use is over 200mb in size and is a mess organizationally.

Does any of that answer what you were asking? Haha. If not, try and explain it in a different way, maybe I'm just not understanding, and I'll try to help.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by trentmorris View Post
    Hey Dan,

I guess I'm confused by your question. You're familiar with Photoshop and have already found the PSD templates, but you want to "import the app images from the theme.. To edit"? Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you want to add outside graphics to a layer of the PSD? Or you want to open the PNG files of other icons in Photoshop?

Oh wait I think I know what you mean. You're wondering how to get the glyphs (logos, symbols, defining layers) from existing icons so you can change the background behind them and such?

Unfortunately I couldn't keep all the app's glyphs in the included PSD. I believe the personal Newport PSD I use is over 200mb in size and is a mess organizationally.

Does any of that answer what you were asking? Haha. If not, try and explain it in a different way, maybe I'm just not understanding, and I'll try to help.

Cheers.
    YES! Lol thanks for responding. I believe you are correct about the glyphs. With the App Store icon I was able to take the sunburst icon and remove the sunburst. I was looking to do the same thing with the iTunes, Cydia and iPod icons as well. So how can I go about doing that without this glyphs in the psd? I appreciate your quick response. Again, I'm still pretty unfamiliar with photoshop aside from a few easy things. Thanks for your help!

P.s. I asked a few posts back about a skin for the dialer and questions about a few other things, any word on that stuff?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan of Earth View Post
    YES! Lol thanks for responding. I believe you are correct about the glyphs. With the App Store icon I was able to take the sunburst icon and remove the sunburst. I was looking to do the same thing with the iTunes, Cydia and iPod icons as well. So how can I go about doing that without this glyphs in the psd? I appreciate your quick response. Again, I'm still pretty unfamiliar with photoshop aside from a few easy things. Thanks for your help!

P.s. I asked a few posts back about a skin for the dialer and questions about a few other things, any word on that stuff?
    Firstly, the concerns you mentioned earlier will no doubt be coming in a future update. I plan on making Newport's UI 100% complete, but I'm only 1 person and have multiple projects I'm working on so they may not all happen at once.

As far as the PSD goes I'm going to send you a PM with some ideas.

Firstly, the concerns you mentioned earlier will no doubt be coming in a future update. I plan on making Newport's UI 100% complete, but I'm only 1 person and have multiple projects I'm working on so they may not all happen at once.

As far as the PSD goes I'm going to send you a PM with some ideas.
    Cool, thanks so much I really appreciate it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 761 Posts

Can someone do the default icon for MLB At Bat, ScoreCenter, Google Maps and Bank of America please
    Or some sort of alts?

TIA
    Great work
    Last edited by map1978; 03-05-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Can someone do the default icon for MLB At Bat, ScoreCenter, Google Maps and Bank of America please
    Or some sort of alts?

TIA
    Great work
    There's a score center icon earlier in the thread

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan of Earth For This Useful Post:

map1978 (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Or some sort of alts?

TIA
    Great work
    Is Google Maps not being themed on your device? Because I'm positive I added an icon for it with the 3.0 update..

Like Dan Of Earth said, I also believe someone has shared a ScoreCenter icon. And as for BofA, I'll add that to the list of icon requests.

Cheers!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trentmorris For This Useful Post:

map1978 (03-05-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or some sort of alts?

TIA
    Great work
    -bankofamerica.png

17. The Following User Says Thank You to heisenberg75 For This Useful Post:

map1978 (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 761 Posts

Is Google Maps not being themed on your device? Because I'm positive I added an icon for it with the 3.0 update..

Like Dan Of Earth said, I also believe someone has shared a ScoreCenter icon. And as for BofA, I'll add that to the list of icon requests.

Cheers!
    Hi, yes it is themed, but I was looking for a default style Google Maps icon with the Newport touch added to it
    Hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg75 View Post
    -bankofamerica.png
    Thanks for this, however I didn't realize the app was already themed...just needed to be renamed for iOS 6/iP5

Just need any MLB logo for the app

OOPS and maybe Google Currents and iPhoto?

No rush
    TIA

EDIT: found iPhoto in thread
    Last edited by map1978; 03-05-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

-googlemaps.png

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heisenberg75 For This Useful Post:

Majesty30 (05-27-2013), map1978 (03-05-2013)

Appsfire:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DerDoktor For This Useful Post:

Majesty30 (05-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    The lockscreen is absolutely spectacular!

How did you get the dots?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg75 View Post
    -findfriends.png-thechive.png-tvguide.png-pandora.png-groopt.png-virtualwallet.png-snapchat.png-memebase.png-ifunny.pngName:  cb1.png
Views: 665
Size:  16.1 KB

-booking.png-sncfdirect.png-tripadvisor.png-voyagesncf.png

To easily retreive application's id and icon, use Appinfo from Cydia !
    you are the best!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have the AppCake application ID and icon name for the latest version please ?

I've tried many possibilities but the icon won't change...

Thanks

EDIT: I found the solution

Folders/AppCake3.app/appcake_144px.png

-appcake.png
    Last edited by heisenberg75; 03-06-2013 at 07:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Few things.

First of all, Trent - Fantastic work on the theme, the iOS 6 update was amazing. Is there anyway we can get the wallpaper you're currently using in the new promo images? Also, I'm assuming it's either not possible or too difficult to implement, but is there anyway in the future for icons that you haven't made to be auto-done by a template?

As for requests, I think it would be really awesome if someone could find a way to make unique icons for Apple's iWork and iLife apps, namely Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Garageband, and iPhoto. Most of the requests on here are responded to with the app icon we always see with Trent's template applied. They look nice no doubt and we really can't be choosers since people are taking their own personal time to do these requests for us.

However, I think these apps, being extremely popular Apple apps, deserve some unique treatment. When I say unique, I think of what Trent did for the icons for Photos, App Store, YouTube, Phone, etc. These were icons that look completely different from their default counterparts and are the icons that I think really make this theme so special.

So again, beggars can't be choosers and I appreciate the time people take to make these icons for us. However if anyone if up to the challenge or task, I think these would be awesome icons to have

Here's the info:

Pages
    com.apple.Pages
    [email protected]

Numbers
    com.apple.Numbers
    [email protected]

Keynote
    com.apple.Keynote
    Keynote@2x~iPhone.png

iPhoto
    com.apple.mobileiphoto