Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MYO-weather v.2

I hope you get it Drifter I'm very interested in this way... I think if we could get it to work without a data base this would be the way to go and it has very good accuracy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), rasputin007 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Keep in mind, that the database method adds functionality to this that a js file can't. I'm sure you can get it to work, but part of the intent I thought was that the response data was also stored in a database for use when it can't be retrieved. Not a huge deal, just throwing that out there. I used this on my 4s and it worked great. But I still can't get this going on my 5.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Keep in mind, that the database method adds functionality to this that a js file can't. I'm sure you can get it to work, but part of the intent I thought was that the response data was also stored in a database for use when it can't be retrieved. Not a huge deal, just throwing that out there. I used this on my 4s and it worked great. But I still can't get this going on my 5.
    Im all for the functionality of the database method, unfortunately it doesnt work on 5th generation devices so it seems, or we would have seem some screenshots by now.

Really I just want this to work to be able to select different weather services. At the moment I dont care about the selectable placements of the display elements.

Gonna make this a iwidget first, I think its gonna be easier to get the basics up and running first, gonna hard code the positions in and pre define the names of the week and month for now.

I like what Dacal did with the UniAW 6.3 beta LS with the popup window to turn on/off certain features, which works for iwidgets too, so once I get this up and running on my device, I will try to integrate some of the original selectable features Ras has implemented in the setup webkit as a popup window feature. I wont do that until the basic weather functionality works first.

Will see how it goes once I delve into the code and I do my thing

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), rasputin007 (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013)

If you need something or a tester, hit me up bro

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Yea I can't get it to work on my 5 ether but I may try it on my 4s and see, but I also would like to just have it to work basic way for starts lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), rasputin007 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Yeah, KOH is right. The database added the functionality of choice to change things without editing code and instant implementation.
    Yesterday I tried to create a config.js version (mainly for MJ), but it was horrible (apart from not working completely). Felt like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and replacing it with bicycle pedals.
    Why would you have css code like top and left in a config.js file, if you want to change it you might as well edit the css, same with font face, font size etc.
    My suggestion would be to just take the javascript part from the LockBackground.html get rid of the database request stuff, throw out any css setup (create fixed values in style section) and basically retain the API keys, language_code (choice of about 80 settings) for Weather Underground, latitude and longitude (get them from myLocation.txt), weather services, weather animation On/Off, Time and Date format. I think those are the most essential.
    Anyway if you need help let me now, you are PM enabled now LOL.

btw Have you tried to run it with iFile?

EDIT
    MYO-weather v.2 was written for 4S ( I don't have anything 5), everything is laid out to 640x960, but usually html get scaled to fit, but in the LockBackground.html, top part, is a meta tag viewpoint that limits resizing to 1.0.
    You could try to change the last bit in that line from the device width to device height.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Yeah, KOH is right. The database added the functionality of choice to change things without editing code and instant implementation.
    Yesterday I tried to create a config.js version (mainly for MJ), but it was horrible (apart from not working completely). Felt like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and replacing it with bicycle pedals.
    Why would you have css code like top and left in a config.js file, if you want to change it you might as well edit the css, same with font face, font size etc.
    My suggestion would be to just take the javascript part from the LockBackground.html get rid of the database request stuff, throw out any css setup (create fixed values in style section) and basically retain the API keys, language_code (choice of about 80 settings) for Weather Underground, latitude and longitude (get them from myLocation.txt), weather animation On/Off, Time and Date format. I think those are the most essential.
    Anyway if you need help let me now, you are PM enabled now LOL.

btw Have you tried to run it with iFile?
    Yes, tried in ifile too, nothing worked

Yes, I know that taking the database functionality out ruins your vision of this widget, but I think your vision of using multiple selectable weather services is Great, and thats the functionality Im after.

LOL, I have no intention of placing styling values in a config.js, gonna hard code everything into place using CSS.

Like I posted, Im really after the 3 weather services and being able to select which one to use. Thats the main goal, not really after the selectable placement of display elements. Not even interested in keeping it a lockscreen, Im thinking iWidget.

The iwidget options Im considering involves a popup window to be able to select which service to use and then refresh the weather after the popup closes. Which can be accomplished as a iwidget because of its touch capabilities.

Sorry if my end result will bastardize your lockscreen vision, Im just trying to make your 3 weather services idea more accessible to the masses.

Thanks for adding me as a contact, will definitely be in touch soon Im sure

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), rasputin007 (05-23-2013)

Don't worry about not keeping the essence of MYO-weather v.2.
    It is not that you try to build a "copy" of it, you only want a certain feature of it.
    Just pick out the code you want and shape it to what ever you want.
    I did that with the touch event script, I took it out of your iWidget and changed it to what I wanted.
    I first was under the impression that you wanted to build a config.js version of MYO-weather v.2.

I tried the iFile method and that also worked on iPod4. Would be funny if just the bigger height of the 5er iPhone/iPod is the cause of it not to work.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013), The.Drifter (05-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Maybe the difference is that Im on a iPod Touch 5G? You mentioned that the iPhone 5 has issues running Database themes, maybe the same for the iPod5 ?
    That reported problem was a single incident. You can not generalize this. There are many other iPhone 5 that run the Weather Elements without a problem.
    It only seems that sometimes a third party app/tweak can cause a blockage of the database to be read by the LockBackground.html, the exact cause of this problem is not known.
    The reason why MYO-weather v.2 does not run on iPhone 5 /iPod 5 is a different one, I blame the size limitation of 640x960 in the LockBackground.html.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), The.Drifter (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    That reported problem was a single incident. You can not generalize this. There are many other iPhone 5 that run the Weather Elements without a problem.
    It only seems that sometimes a third party app/tweak can cause a blockage of the database to be read by the LockBackground.html, the exact cause of this problem is not known.
    The reason why MYO-weather v.2 does not run on iPhone 5 /iPod 5 is a different one, I blame the size limitation of 640x960 in the LockBackground.html.
    Strange, I don't see how a screen resolution can be the issue for a iPhone 5 not being able to read a database. I just don't see the correlation. I can run plenty of other other things designed to run on a 640x960 screen resolution, what happens is it just don't cover the iPhone 5's whole screen, not just plain fail.

I will change all the height values that are 960px to 1136px to test your assumption.

As for a tweak conflict interfering , I have uninstalled all my mobile substrate tweaks except for Winterboard and tried from scratch to install, setup and run MYO2 that way. So if your assumption on this is correct, then Winterboard is the culprit ? Because that was the only mobile substrate extension that was active at the time.

I'm also gonna try a reset all settings in Settings, that helped a unrelated issue with a lot of people not being able to update their GPS in the UniAW based yahoo weathers widgets.

Another option for me to try is iLexRat to clean out and reset all jailbreak settings, from what I can tell, thats basically a jailbreak reset.

I would love to help figure this issue out, I'm trying to be methodical in my testing paradigms and give MYO2 a fair shot at working on a 5th gen iDevice. I know it's real hard for anybody to test issues on a particular device if you don't actually have that device. I'm sure if you had a 5th gen iDevice that you would have gone through the same steps I did to try to get it running.

Also gonna try Weather Elements since that is database driven as well, you had mentioned that worked on 5th Gen devices. So if that does indeed work, then there has got to be something different in how weather elements and MYO populates and reads databases.

So I got a lot of testing to do today. Will let you know of any results as soon as I do.

Cheers
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 05-25-2013 at 03:06 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-25-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), rasputin007 (05-25-2013)

The weather Elem HD LS works great on my 5 and I really like the info that it provides but I can't get this LS to work

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), rasputin007 (05-25-2013)

I know this size issue is a long shot in the dark, but I can not think of anything else apart from the third part interference.
    On the german forum the users said that Weather Elements was working fine on the ip5, then one day (a few app and tweak installations later), it was just a black screen and nothing helped. Even deinstalling all apps and tweaks that had been installed after Weather Elements did not helped and resetting all setting did not work either. You would have thought that bringing the ip5 back to the same level of installed tweaks and apps , when Weather Elements was still working fine, would do the trick, but it did not. Only after the User restored an PKG Backup (taken when Weather Elements was still working), did the trick and Weather Elements was back up running. PKG Backup does backup preference files. So, their assumption from this is that apps and tweaks you install can change those preference files, but if you deinstall those tweaks/apps these preference files are not being restored to the pre-install state. This would also fit your experience when you disable all tweaks in Mobile substrate, you disable the tweaks, but not those changed preference files, hence database access is still blocked.
    See it like this. If you install a software on Windows and then uninstall it again, then there are still changes in the registry that are not being reversed. Same principle.
    Or take MYO-weather v.2, if you deinstall it through Cydia the database is still on your iPhone/iPod.

btw I installed MYO-weather v.2 on my son's 3GS (iOS 6.1.2) and it is working fine on that, but pushing the resources almost to the limit
    Last edited by rasputin007; 05-25-2013 at 11:55 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (05-26-2013), The.Drifter (05-25-2013)

Yea I changed the size in it and didn't help. Drif did you ever get a chance to set it up with a config file? If I had the time I would try I may try anyway if I can get the free time because it would take me a little while to do this but it would be a good project can I pm you rasp? If needed

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), rasputin007 (05-27-2013)

RKO1195, added you as contact
    Send you my failed attempt of config version, hope you can get it working.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), RKO1195 (05-27-2013)

Thanks bud I'm going to try it

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-27-2013), rasputin007 (05-27-2013)

This is an update (version 2.1) as I have now also added the forecast to be selectable from the 3 weather services. Yahoo and Weather Underground are giving 10 day forecast, but WorldWeatherOnline only gives 5 days.
    The forecast is a touch event (Thanks Drifter for the code ).
    Language is English for Yahoo and WorldWeatherOnline, but Weather Underground offers around 80 different languages (some seem to have bugs though )
    Below are a few screenshots.
    English language, Fahrenheit
    Yahoo

WorldWeatherOnline

Weather Underground

English, Celsius, Weather Underground

The next screenshots are all Celsius and Weather Underground, but different langauges
    Chinese

Vietnamese

Greek

Arabic

German

MYO-weather v.2 updated on MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us) or just replace the LockBackground.html with the attached one, as that file is the only change in both versions.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-16-2013), Project5 (07-06-2013), RKO1195 (06-17-2013)

Hope the best for ya ras drop by when you can

34. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-29-2013)

Default MYO2-cydget
    Not quite Winterboard, but cydget theme.
    MYO2 cydget is a collection of 3 cydgets.
    Lockscreen MYO2 cydget

MYO2-forecast cydget

and MYO2-Google-Maps cydget.

Comes with default database, but requires 2 free API keys from WorldWeatherOnline and Weather Underground to complete the database.
    GPS position update each time you open the MYO2-lockscreen cydget.
    Highly recommended additional free packages from Cydia (Tweaks section!):
    Lockscreen Dim Delay, to allow more then the default 15 seconds for the lockscreen to stay alight.
    Wallpaper JPEGifier, would allow you to use your own Lockscreen-wallpaper as background as choosen through Settings->Wallpaper.

Setup Guide & more info

Install through Cydia from MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us)

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2013), NewdestinyX (12-18-2013), RKO1195 (10-19-2013)

38. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2013)

Working good now bro!

Very nice work!

Thanks for continuing to share and give us other options.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (12-01-2013), RKO1195 (10-19-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast