Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WhiteLine HD - The most minimal theme available for iOS

Red face WhiteLine HD - The most minimal theme available for iOS
    I'm happy to announce WhiteLine HD

WhiteLine is a lovingly hand crafted overhaul of the clunky look and feel of stock iOS, with a unique, minimalist approach to the parts of your phone that you look at the most. There are plenty of UI overhauls out there that do their job exceedingly well - WhiteLine isn't trying to compete with them, but rather plays nicely with all of them. What WhiteLine does differently is it's approach to screen retail, giving you very little to get in between you and your wallpaper. You can feel free to use whatever UI you're currently fond of.

This theme takes absolutely meticulous care to make sure that every individual part of it is able to be enabled or disabled through Winterboard, allowing you to mix and match parts of it with other themes you already use and love.

WhiteLine HD should is available on Cydia right now! For more information, please check out the website - WhiteLine HD

This is my very first foray into the world of iOS theme creation (as a matter of fact, I just jailbroke for the first time less than three months ago!) so I hope this is good for a first release.
    Last edited by Xavier_32; 05-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (05-28-2013), EmmaJhonsson (05-11-2013), Hazard786 (06-06-2013), Hegiel (08-10-2013), IrobertI (05-13-2013), lostinthemes (05-14-2013), nealh (05-31-2013), stephenvz (05-17-2013), The.Drifter (06-04-2013), warwin (05-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can see the potential in this, I'll give it a try sometime.
    Awesome work btw, keep it up!

Emma | 16 | Tel Aviv

Currently included in this theme:

- Over 200 Icons, incuding fully themed notification center, lock screen notification, and Auxo Icons, with more icons constantly being added
    - A fully transparent Lock Screen, including a passcode entry field and slider knobs for unlock/answer/power down, perfect for JellyLock
    - Matching transparent folders
    - A matching LiveClock
    - A skinned phone/dialer including VoiceMail screen
    - Custom backboard linen for folders, notification center, app switcher, and Siri
    - An invisible dock​
    - An invisible Status bar
    - A fully themed settings app, with themed icons for every single stock iOS setting, as well as many popular jailbreak tweaks​
    - Custom notification badges and 'New' app sash
    - An Auxo theme​
    - A matching Velox theme
    - A SnowCover Simple theme​

This theme will be kept up to date with icon requests. In order to make the request system work smoothly, I'm going to be asking people to use IconThief to get me the bundle names and icons for all unthemed apps on their device.

I should be able to hit 500+ icons within the first month or two of release if this gets downloaded even moderately. I really need to figure out how to hype it more before release, though. Right now I've made a thread on here, a thread on MacThemes, and I've been talking about it on reddit's /r/iosthemes. So far, this thread has one reply, and the MacThemes thread has two. That doesn't look too promising. Reddit, however, is going pretty nuts over it. I just really don't want this to be another one of those Cydia releases that people just skim over. "Theme. Theme. Theme. Paid theme. Velox addon. Zeppelin logo. Theme..." - I have no idea how to properly announce this thing and get it noticed.
    Last edited by Xavier_32; 05-13-2013 at 06:46 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (05-14-2013), nealh (05-31-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 714 Posts

When is the release ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IrobertI; 05-14-2013 at 09:03 PM.

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for someone to do a simple minimalist theme that actually looks good.

The screenshots look great, but have you considered doing a short video showing it in action?
    That may create some hype.

Anyway cant wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenvz View Post
    You have no idea how long I have been waiting for someone to do a simple minimalist theme that actually looks good.

The screenshots look great, but have you considered doing a short video showing it in action?
    That may create some hype.

Anyway cant wait to try it out.
    I recently purchased Display Recorder specifically for this reason. Going to edit all these clips together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto1000 View Post
    When is the release ?
    Testing and tweaking the .deb over the next few days, and then I have to submit it to a big public repo and wait. So maybe on the outset of next week?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

nealh (05-31-2013), stephenvz (05-22-2013)

I love how simple this is. Can't wait for the release Would there be any chance of an iPad retina port?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTran83 View Post
    I love how simple this is. Can't wait for the release Would there be any chance of an iPad retina port?
    Unfortunately not. Because of all the crazy hoops I have to jump through to make all the transparencies work across the board, making this theme work on an iPad would require me having one so I can tweak it as I go. Since I don't have an iPad, that's pretty much a no-go. A lot of the icons are themed for iPad, but they'll have black squares around them, and the notification center icons are going to be u-g-l-y.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

nealh (05-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_32 View Post
    Unfortunately not. Because of all the crazy hoops I have to jump through to make all the transparencies work across the board, making this theme work on an iPad would require me having one so I can tweak it as I go. Since I don't have an iPad, that's pretty much a no-go. A lot of the icons are themed for iPad, but they'll have black squares around them, and the notification center icons are going to be u-g-l-y.
    That's understandable. Either way good work on this theme! Can't wait for the release!

Nice...
    Are you considering to make black icons?

Quote Originally Posted by warwin View Post
    Nice...
    Are you considering to make black icons?
    If there's enough demand I'll give it a go. It wouldn't be too hard of a conversion.

I added black circles and squares that can be enabled in Winterboard. I've tested the .deb on a private repo and I'm pretty much ready to submit this theme. I suppose Modmyi is as good a repo as any? I'm trying to pick between Modmyi and MacCiti, but Modmyi's submission process seems a lot more straightforward.

Any suggestions?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

nealh (05-31-2013)

Im going to say Modmyi purely because Im selfish and have not used or visited MacCiti

Quote Originally Posted by stephenvz View Post
    Im going to say Modmyi purely because Im selfish and have not used or visited MacCiti
    That's a good reason if I've ever heard one.

It's live on Cydia now! I hope people are still interested!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xavier_32 For This Useful Post:

IrobertI (05-31-2013), nealh (05-31-2013), stephenvz (05-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_32 View Post
    It's live on Cydia now! I hope people are still interested!
    I did notice it popup in cydia early this morning. Purchased it and had a quick play around
    Looks good, I have a number of missing icons I will throw together but works a little crazy this week so will probably just leave things how they are for now.

All up so far its all smooth and clean, not sure if a Velox theme is on the cards but that would be nice as well.
    Thanks for putting it together its exactly what I wanted.

Amazing stuff SIR! missing some icons but OVERALL IT HAS Potential<<< >) simple yet elegant !!!
    don't forget to theme themeiconmaker (TIM) < verry important lol
    cheers bro!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jozelito617 For This Useful Post:

nealh (05-31-2013)

I really like this theme! My only criticism would be more icons! Here is what mine looks like for now using whiteline icons with e6 ui. Also any recommendations on a simple iwidget?

Credit to all creators for the awesome work!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1370065036.386606.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thespikie's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah im in
    Love this theme
    -fotowq.png
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm Dutch

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thespikie's Avatar
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast