+ Reply
Page 849 of 879 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839847848849850851 859 ... LastLast
Results 16,961 to 16,980 of 17573

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Thank you Ian. you truly are very generous
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

Thank you Ian. you truly are very generous

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

Ian,
    In the last six months I've come pretty far in my coding skills. If you'd ever want to look at a combo WW and non-WW version. I think I could actually pull it off. I love the big challenges. ..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-30-2014), King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

I have good news for those few people who do not like to run location services. If you ever install widget weather, once the txt or XML file gets created, u no longer have to have location services on. Your widget will update with your assigned refresh interval. This eliminates any concerns about excessive battery drainage and the preference to not want location services turned on.

Just thought I would share that info.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

BootsBrown (07-30-2014), chevymusclecar (07-30-2014), Ian Nicoll (07-30-2014), King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), MamaJaay (07-30-2014), NeilJClements (07-30-2014), NewdestinyX (07-30-2014), RKO1195 (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,510 Times in 6,400 Posts

Default UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5
    I'm not trying to stir the pot or force anything anywhere. But I did want to make sure that everyone knew that WW will run in fixed mode and Location Services off as long as you have your WoeID entered in the WW settings pane. This was the entire point of this option so that you were NOT forced to constantly use Loc Serv. On first install you need to allow it, but once it creates the XML file, you can turn it off forever!

We ran tests to verify this again today.

So in my opinion the single version does cover everyone, you just need to enter your WoeID in the WW settings pane instead of entering it in the config file.

Only downside is giving up that 3mb of RAM that it is using. But I would assume that it will offset by not having to have that json call to get your data. Unless your using cydgets and pulling it from iOS. But I think that's beyond the average user.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

BootsBrown (07-30-2014), EricB78 (07-30-2014), Ian Nicoll (07-30-2014), MamaJaay (07-30-2014), NewdestinyX (07-30-2014), RKO1195 (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me NeilJClements's Avatar
    Thanks

It's definitely beyond me dude. Were you talking about the flux capacitor and how important it is that 0.21 giggawatts is generated?
    That's what I heard anyway....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,235 Times in 3,922 Posts

KOH is correct, would you be willing to try that MJ?

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-30-2014), MamaJaay (07-30-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    KOH is correct, would you be willing to try that MJ?
    I'm willing to try anything. It won't address the issue that bombmom has brought up, regarding WW and the weather readout on the weather app being inaccurate for her. I know yahoo sucks, but for her, its the most accurate out of the providers we currently have access to. For me, accuweather is the most accurate, for others, the stock weather app. It's a definite conundrum. You can't please everyone all at once

Ian, by all means, pal. Do whats best for you. Theres no need to create extra work for yourself. It's your baby. Your call. I can and will make adjustments if necessary

With the roll out of iOS 8 so imminently close, I'm, thinking all of this may be a moot point anyhow. Theres no telling when or if there will be an iOS 8 JB, or what will work or not. Who knows?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-30-2014), King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), oldskoolsk8r (07-30-2014), Simon (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

@MJ.. Good point!. But I won't even be buying a new phone until there's a jailbreak available for 8. An iPhone without a jailbreak is 'almost' entirely useless to me.

@King & Krima,
    So when you turn off the loc srvcs switch for WW you don't keep getting WW asking you to turn it back on? I remember that being the case.. But maybe that was back in iOS 6 days..

Thanks for the reminder on the Fixed option..
    Grant

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), Simon (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

@NewD. No, not for me. I disabled location services and set my refresh in the widget weather settings to 1 minute and watched it update accordingly. I Never have turned location services off before because I like the metadata that is tied to pictures I take. King always insist on knowing exactly where I'm at when I take my selfies. He's so weird.

Last edited by Krima; 07-30-2014 at 12:33 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

BootsBrown (07-30-2014), King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), Simon (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @NewD. No, not for me. I disabled location services and set my refresh in the widget weather settings to 1 minute and watched it update accordingly. I Never have turned location services off before because I like the metadata that is tied to pictures I take. King always insist on knowing exactly where I'm at when I take my selfies. He's so weird.
    Lol!! This affair between you and Brian.. It's the center of so much...

On a serious note.. One thing the var locale people should know. In Fixed mode - currently the myLocation.txt file gets written with 'no coordinates' in it. So even in Fixed mode with WW you'd need to use only WW engine widgets.

Thanks

@NewD. All u need to do is turn the mylocation witch on, set widget weather to constant, and verify that it created the file. After that u can disable location services and all is good.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), Simon (07-30-2014)

Thanks

@NewD. All u need to do is turn the mylocation witch on, set widget weather to constant, and verify that it created the file. After that u can disable location services and all is good.
    So you're saying that the myLoc.txt file doesn't get updated each time the XML does?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So you're saying that the myLoc.txt file doesn't get updated each time the XML does?
    That's correct. For that particular file, the refresh interval is set by the individual widget.

I suspect that this is one of the reasons Ian has come to the decision he has come to. The tweak has something for everyone, except for people like bombmom that it just doesn't work well for WW widgets. Having one unified system for all widgets is similar to why Ryan created flipswitch, as I understand it. It just makes sense and that's why there are so many options there. 50,000 downloads is pretty cool.

But I totally understand personal preference. No 2 jail breakers use their phones in the same way. U r starting to see this with me NewD by all the little things I do with my phone. Everyone's preference is valid though.

Last edited by Krima; 07-30-2014 at 01:08 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), NewdestinyX (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Your mixing apples and oranges. The myLocation file only produces coordinates when your position changes. So of course you need loc serv on if you want that to update. Same as the way that mL app worked.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Your mixing apples and oranges. The myLocation file only produces coordinates when your position changes. So of course you need loc serv on if you want that to update. Same as the way that mL app worked.
    Yeah I do understand that very well, King.. I guess my question is - what causes the xml file to get updated - when in FIXED mode? In my experience with the tweak, I'm pretty sure that even in Fixed Mode - when the xml updates due to weather changes - the .txt file will update also - with or without loc services on... Am I wrong? And if I'm right then coordinates will disappear from the .txt with or without LocSvcs on.

Thanks

The XML file is updated by the time interval that you set in the WW settings pane.

The myLocation.txt file does not update with the XML file if loc serv are off.

Thanks

Yeah I do understand that very well, King.. I guess my question is - what causes the xml file to get updated - when in FIXED mode? In my experience with the tweak, I'm pretty sure that even in Fixed Mode - when the xml updates due to weather changes - the .txt file will update also - with or without loc services on... Am I wrong? And if I'm right then coordinates will disappear from the .txt with or without LocSvcs on.
    Ok, so how it works is that the mylocation text file that is needed for GPS based widgets gets created when you have the toggle switch on for MyLocation and Location Update set to constant. Once you verify that the text file is created in \var\mobile\Documents than u r all set. This is just a location file for the widget, much like entering in your zip code or WOEID. Once it's set to the city u want, u can turn off Mylocation switch and change Location Update to fixed. At this time u can turn off location services and your widget for that text file will be updated, only for changes in weather info in that city, at the time u set with that widget. The text file never gets updated with any new coordinates this way.

Last edited by Krima; 07-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The XML file is updated by the time interval that you set in the WW settings pane.

The myLocation.txt file does not update with the XML file if loc serv are off.
    Ok, so how it works is that the mylocation text file that is needed for GPS based widgets gets created when you have the toggle switch on for MyLocation and Location Update set to constant. Once you verify that the text file is created in \var\mobile\Documents than u r all set. This is just a location file for the widget, much like entering in your zip code or WOEID. Once it's set to the city u want, u can turn off Mylocation switch and change Location Update to fixed. At this time u can turn off location services and your widget for that text file will be updated, only for changes in weather info in that city, at the time u set with that widget. The text file never gets updated with any new coordinates this way.
    Thanks guys! I think I get it.. Help me with this diagnosis.. When I turn WW to Fixed mode.. Within the next 1 minute or so - the coordinates will overwritten with blank info. This is true on all my phones as of today. Just retested. If I'm in fixed mode - then obviously I can be in constant mode. So what explains that very repeatable behavior? Is that because I keep Loc Services on? or myLoc text switch on? I just want to really understand it so I can explain it to others that prefer to keep not use WW like a WOEID/var Locale generation engine.

Thanks

I have no idea why you would have a blank txt file. I've never seen this happen. All I know is if you turn on myLocation, then you must have loc serv on. If you run in any other mode but fixed, you must have loc serv on. There would be absolutely no need to have myLoc on and be in fixed mode once the txt file has been created.

When I turn WW to Fixed mode.. Within the next 1 minute or so - the coordinates will overwritten with blank info.
    Sorry, but I can't recreate this. Can anyone else?
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-30-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks

He's saying once the txt file has generated, the. Turn the myLocationswitch off. And then turn off loc srv

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-30-2014), TaJr12 (07-31-2014)