Page 844 of 875 FirstFirst ... 344 744 794 834842843844845846 854 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,880 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

I love what I'm hearing. Sounds great everyone. Glad to see that things are move forward and not just slight modifications.

King, I didn't know u did config stuff in the settings app years ago. That's awesome. I guess it's not such a new idea after all.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-31-2014), King_O_Hill (07-31-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This sounds WAAY better to me! But let's see what Ian and Chevy and KoH and MJ and other movers and shakers say..

Thanks!
    To simply things and remove the need for cycript I figured I'd also add in the plist option, where you can stick in a config.plist dictionary with all your configurable variables like:
    Code:
    {
        celcius: true,
        woeID: 000000
    }
    And then in your javascript just direct GroovyLock to do all the loading for you on $(document).ready() with:
    Code:
    $(document).ready(function {
        // Tell GroovyLock to read the config.plist in objC and do all the handling
        window.location.href = 'groovylock:loadSettings';
    });
    Which will tell GL to read in the plist and pass it as a JSON string to:
    Code:
    function settingsLoaded(var jsonSettings) {
        var settings = JSON.parse(jsonSettings);
        var celcius = settings.celcius;
        var woeID = settings.woeID;

// Use variables as required
    }
    Essentially removing the need for objC by providing a more web developer friendly api.
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 07-31-2014 at 07:45 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-31-2014), jawonder (08-01-2014), King_O_Hill (07-31-2014), NewdestinyX (07-31-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Sounds like a nice idea. Seeing GL, besides Cydget is the only LS player to support Cycript ATM...kinda takes the fun out of modding setting switches and replace it with simplicity, convenience and compatibility...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Sounds like a nice idea. Seeing GL, besides Cydget is the only LS player to support Cycript ATM...kinda takes the fun out of modding setting switches and replace it with simplicity, convenience and compatibility...

I think Jailbreaking has become very 'product oriented' given the enormous amount of effort to put together widgets and tweaks, and then there's the need to incentivise people to jailbreak in the first place. Supporting free tweaks like GroovyLock is actually very time consuming to just do for fun; but just throwing together bodge solutions just because there's no financial incentive for me is poor practice and unfair to widget devs that are trying to build a fan-base using the platform.

It seems to me if this is mainly for the benefit of those users that are unfamiliar with the use of config.js then it's important to provide an organised experience consistent with what Apple has achieved with iOS 7. This is why I discouraging PreferenceLoader overkill when one well written dedicated PreferenceBundle will do the trick.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIknow View Post
    Coding question
    How to select a wallpaper from a selection of 9 thumbnails in a PreferenceLoader plist file?
    Can't find a solution for this problem.
    GroovyLock will be able to support this kind of configuration however PreferenceLoader's basic plist loading can not
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 07-31-2014 at 07:47 PM.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

bliken (07-31-2014), chevymusclecar (07-31-2014), Ian Nicoll (07-31-2014), King_O_Hill (07-31-2014), mcooper (07-31-2014), NewdestinyX (07-31-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014), WhatDoIknow (08-01-2014)

I agree. Sounds like a nice idea Jake.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (07-31-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,485 Times in 4,307 Posts

Hi GC, nice of you to pop in here,

Unfortunately I don't agree with a single "mile long" preference settings for all widgets, I can't see how it would be kept up to date with all the modders adding there own stuff into widgets. I personally would not like to be siding through an options file with 100 things I never use in it.

I will still be going ahead with making a plist file for the settings app for use with the UniAW, I just want to do it so I know I can.

I believe the best way is a settings icon in the widget to bring up a settings pane, but it would need the ability to save the current settings, but until something like this happens I'm sticking with the settings app.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 07-31-2014 at 09:23 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

bliken (07-31-2014), King_O_Hill (07-31-2014), NewdestinyX (07-31-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I will still be going ahead with making a plist file for the settings app for use with the UniAW, I just want to do it so I know I can.

I believe the best way is a settings icon in the widget to bring up a settings pane, but it would need the ability to save the current settings, but until something like this happens I'm sticking with the settings app.
    An interim step (settings pref pane) and a long term solution that you describe in your last paragraph there and that Jake has described too - is the best long term solution in my view.

Thanks for looking at the "next level" and considering leaving config.js behind forever.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I love what I'm hearing. Sounds great everyone. Glad to see that things are move forward and not just slight modifications.

King, I didn't know u did config stuff in the settings app years ago. That's awesome. I guess it's not such a new idea after all.

Funny thing was that no one was really interested in it then.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Funny thing was that no one was really interested in it then.
    Don't think anybody new about it, is it still available?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-01-2014)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,452 Times in 3,786 Posts

What are you guys using to delay the LS dim? Lock screen dim delay in Cydia doesn't work.
    Since you have cycript not a real need for a tweak/mobile substrate, unless you just don't want to implement it yourself.

[[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer]; //cancel timer
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] resetLockScreenIdleTimer]; //reset timer

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-01-2014), Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), MamaJaay (08-01-2014), mcooper (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

I remember that koh. I tried messing with it but didn't know how to tie it in to anything.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks

Hi GC, nice of you to pop in here,
    You can write anything to a plist or text file with cycript. No real need for the settings app. Imo it is just for user convenience. As of now you could create a popup panel with options to check and save to a plist. When the ls loads you can read settings from the plist.

Example. LockBuilder write the entire theme to a plist. What elements are toggled, font, color, etc...

var saveDir = "/var/mobile/Library/LBEvoThemes/";
    plistName = @"" + themename + ".plist"
    filePath = [saveDir stringByAppendingString: plistName];
    [LBEvo writeToFile: filePath atomically: YES];

When it is loaded it reads this plist, and knows everything that is set. (same way it reads the settings set plist) The settings preferences are just used for basic switches that are not changed often.

Hell you could do that in plain javascript saving a cookie, database or localStorage. All of which is more "modern" (for lack of better words) then a config.js

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    To simply things and remove the need for cycript I figured I'd also add in the plist option, where you can stick in a config.plist dictionary with all your configurable variables like:
    Code:
    {
        celcius: true,
        woeID: 000000
    }
    And then in your javascript just direct GroovyLock to do all the loading for you on $(document).ready() with:
    Code:
    $(document).ready(function {
        // Tell GroovyLock to read the config.plist in objC and do all the handling
        window.location.href = 'groovylock:loadSettings';
    });
    Which will tell GL to read in the plist and pass it as a JSON string to:
    Code:
    function settingsLoaded(var jsonSettings) {
        var settings = JSON.parse(jsonSettings);
        var celcius = settings.celcius;
        var woeID = settings.woeID;

// Use variables as required
    }
    Essentially removing the need for objC by providing a more web developer friendly api.
    This is nice, much like iWidgets. I believe LockHTML has this ability as well. Does this mean you will remove cycript support? I really hope not, as it does a lot more than just configure settings. It opens the entire system up to a sort of web api. It allows for so much more creativity for web developers to be able to interact with runtime. I for one am glad I don't require WW, LockScreen Extender, HideMe7, taptounlock etc. I can just implement them in myself. It takes a ton more research, and a ton of learning, but this is a what I like to do. I work on websites almost everyday. Its pretty boring, same sandbox over and over. The iPhone and cycript is much different and very enjoyable. Cycript it like php in a way to further push what you can do with a simple html file.

For example on a slideshow. You put so many files in a folder. You have to specifically note in the html what the file name is and how many files there is. This is because javascript can't read directories. Php can if local to the page (reason I compared the two) Obj-c can read folder directories. So you are able to read the slideshow folder, pick out all the file names even extentions. Users can add any image named anything and it will work.

All in all hope the cycript implementation stays, I have projects already lined up for it. Maybe, just maybe one day someone will implement this to the SB. I can already control what happens on the springboard with GroovyLock and Cydget. Would be nice to do this with a SpringBoard application like SBHTML.

Things as simple as SBIconView.messages['canReceiveGrabbedIcon:'] = function (icon){ return YES; } can allow you to put folders in folders. Not needing to install a mobile substrate or a tweak. You know better than anyone when mobile substrates run, and most of the time it is when they are not needed. I also do believe that Saurik is working on this. In the last WWJC Ryan (I believe) talked about a tweak that allowed this bridge between Javsacript and Obj-c allowing for tweaks to be made. Which in the end was abruptly interrupted by Saurik saying he is working on this sort of project.

Now i'm just rambling. I leave on this note. No matter if you dislike me, block me, think i'm wrong for things I do or say. I am here to answer questions or help anyone do what they want to achieve. I enjoy doing this as a hobby, much like you all. I do charge for most of my work, mainly because I sink a massive amount of time in the things I do. Getting paid for this has pushed me above an beyond what I used to know, and made me learn things that I thought were impossible. I am the black sheep. I don't follow or conform to any strict way or groups. I don't ask for help, I figure it out. In figuring it out takes a lot of time, sometimes I even get lost and am at my wits end. I go and ask a dev and I never get a reply. Leaving me another couple weeks until I figure something out. If I can spare you the time then that makes me learning it even more worth it. I have taken many days off just to work on projects. I can do this because I get some sort of payment from it. With that, I do know "stuff" and never turned down a developer who wanted to learn.

Goodnight.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 08-01-2014 at 01:03 AM.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (08-01-2014), chevymusclecar (08-01-2014), Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), jawonder (08-01-2014), Mary48336 (08-02-2014), mcooper (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Lockhtml does rename the config add an option.plist an info.plist but it has a hard time determining between a string or number as I learned, so when you optimize to use this functionality it sometimes breaks the widget then you have to manually rename the config back to normal.

It's nice if it worked 100% of the time.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), King_O_Hill (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Since you have cycript not a real need for a tweak/mobile substrate, unless you just don't want to implement it yourself.

[[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer]; //cancel timer
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] resetLockScreenIdleTimer]; //reset timer
    I remember this from one of your posts a while back, but I don't want to completely cancel the timer, or my phone might remain on in my pocket for hours, how can we just delay it by say 2mins?
    And does this code just go within this in our .html file? <script type="text/cycript"> In here </script>

Thanks.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-01-2014), NewdestinyX (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Within the cycript tags

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), June'sIphone (08-01-2014), King_O_Hill (08-01-2014)

Thanks

I remember this from one of your posts a while back, but I don't want to completely cancel the timer, or my phone might remain on in my pocket for hours, how can we just delay it by say 2mins?
    And does this code just go within this in our .html file? <script type="text/cycript"> In here </script>

Thanks.
    This code will cancel the timer all together. Meaning it won't dim.
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer];

This resets the timer to go back to apple's preset timer. Which I believe is 4s.
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] resetLockScreenIdleTimer];

Code:
    <script type="text/cycript">
    setTimeout(function(){ resettimer() }, 20000);

function resettimer(){
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] resetLockScreenIdleTimer];
    }
    </script>
    This is the best way I have found. There is other ways such as.

[[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] preventIdleSleepForNumberOfSeconds:20.0]; This wasn't as accurate to me.

All this is pulled from the SBBacklightController header.
    https://github.com/thomasfinch/iOS-7...htController.h

You can test all this in terminal without putting it in the html as well.

ssh root@yourip
    your password
    type: cycript -p SpringBoard
    Then enter your command

Another example so you now it is working is put.
    [[SBDeviceLockController sharedController]isPasscodeLocked]; will show true or false
    or
    [[SBNotificationCenterController sharedInstance]presentAnimated:true]; will show notification center.

My blog has some more info that may be of help
    http://cydgets.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 08-01-2014 at 02:07 AM.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-01-2014), Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), jawonder (08-01-2014), Marmoul (08-01-2014), mcooper (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks

I intend to keep cycript supported in GroovyLock now that I have it stable but I wanted to provide a more web-developer friendly api than expecting everyone to teach themselves objC syntax and how to trawl through the iOS header dumps, which aren't always complete. And then there's the issue that Apple regularly change the SpringBoard implementation and people using cycript need to appreciate methods in iOS 7.1 sometimes do not exist in 7.0, and 7.0 methods are completely different to iOS 6, though GroovyLock was never intended to support iOS 6.

So to a standard widget dev I figured it would be easier to call upon the platform to do such actions like cancelling the LockScreen idle timer to more complex methods such as launching applications or retrieving an array of installed applications, finding memory usage and retrieving Weather data.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-01-2014), Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), jawonder (08-01-2014), jm26200 (08-01-2014), June'sIphone (08-01-2014), King_O_Hill (08-01-2014), Krima (08-01-2014), NewdestinyX (08-01-2014), RKO1195 (08-03-2014), Simon (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks

Working on the touch event, have to keep area clear for the icons, can't think of a better way, opinions/idea's welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbB...ature=youtu.be

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

bliken (08-01-2014), chevymusclecar (08-01-2014), Darrenrooster (08-01-2014), jawonder (08-01-2014), jm26200 (08-01-2014), King_O_Hill (08-01-2014), Marmoul (08-01-2014), Marty McFly (08-01-2014), nik1975 (08-01-2014), TaJr12 (08-01-2014), VOLTAGExDT (08-04-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    I intend to keep cycript supported in GroovyLock now that I have it stable but I wanted to provide a more web-developer friendly api than expecting everyone to teach themselves objC syntax and how to trawl through the iOS header dumps, which aren't always complete. And then there's the issue that Apple regularly change the SpringBoard implementation and people using cycript need to appreciate methods in iOS 7.1 sometimes do not exist in 7.0, and 7.0 methods are completely different to iOS 6, though GroovyLock was never intended to support iOS 6.

So to a standard widget dev I figured it would be easier to call upon the platform to do such actions like cancelling the LockScreen idle timer to more complex methods such as launching applications or retrieving an array of installed applications, finding memory usage and retrieving Weather data.
    I do agree for the most part. Things like lock screen timer definitely should be an option imo. Hiding elements on the LS too. The only slight downfall is the developer of the theming platform has to worry about implementing this, and of course keeping it updated. Which I believe is why LockHTML (paid) is the only one that does this. Apple does change it's code, but it seems quicker for me to edit my LS then wait for a LS Platform to be updated.

Also brings new challenges such as configuring lockscreens a certain way, to work on a certain LS platforms. Depending on what route is taken. Much like going from GL to Cydget. You have to create an info.plist. Which isn't to bad, but if you are creating a system for a config.js. More then likely the next platform doesn't support this way. Which all doesn't support cycript so I guess it really doesn't matter.

My opinion all I would want from a LS platform is a webview and cycript bridge, but I do understand why everyone wouldn't want this and needed more.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (08-01-2014)

I like that Ian!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (08-01-2014), jm26200 (08-01-2014)

Page 844 of 875 FirstFirst ... 344 744 794 834842843844845846 854 ... LastLast