Page 836 of 875 FirstFirst ... 336 736 786 826834835836837838 846 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,720 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

@MJ. I haven't heard that WW breaks winterboard when u remove it. What does it break? I'm very interested in this as I'm sure the dev would be as well. If there is an issue with WW, we can bring it to his attention to take a look. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (07-29-2014), King_O_Hill (07-29-2014), TaJr12 (07-30-2014)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,454 Times in 3,788 Posts

Just an idea, has anyone ever thought of a uniAW cydget? It would be cool to have options in the settings.app. uniAW has many different options for users, but many of them have no idea how to edit js files.

Actually I am pretty sure this can be done with GroovyLock now too.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-29-2014), Mary48336 (07-31-2014), mcooper (07-29-2014)

I like that idea June. Would be cool to have all the user config in the settings app. Ian has always been cool with people modding his UNIAW code. Since you are more familiar with cydgets, you should crank one out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (07-31-2014), menard_00 (07-30-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks

Default UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @MJ. I haven't heard that WW breaks winterboard when u remove it. What does it break? I'm very interested in this as I'm sure the dev would be as well. If there is an issue with WW, we can bring it to his attention to take a look. Thanks.

When I have removed WW in the past my theme stopped working even though it was installed in WB, it was showing the stock icons with an overlay of some sorts, I was freaking out, I reinstalled WW and had to respring and reboot to get back to normal, now that MJ said that about it breaking WB on uninstall I understand what happened and I'll reinstall WB after a removal of WW. I too like the locale version better over WW, anything to save battery life.
    Last edited by oldskoolsk8r; 07-29-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: edit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oldskoolsk8r For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    When I have removed WW in the past my theme stopped working even though it was installed in WB, it was showing the stock icons with an overlay of some sorts, I was freaking out, I reinstalled WW and had to respring and reboot to get back to normal, now that MJ said that about it breaking WB on uninstall I understand what happened and I'll reinstall WB after a removal of WW. I too like the locale version better over WW, anything to save battery life.
    That's very interesting. I have never removed the tweak so I didn't know others have experienced this. What firmware where u on when this happened? I am on a i5 iOS 7.1.2 and I just removed the WW tweak to test this out and all is good. Winterboard is not broken and my theme remained intact.

As for as the battery is concerned, as long as it's not on constant you shouldn't notice any battery drain because it's a fixed location on a set refresh interval, just like when u put in your own locale. There is no difference I have found between locale and using WW set to fixed, with regards to battery drainage.

Last edited by Krima; 07-29-2014 at 04:15 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

BootsBrown (07-31-2014), King_O_Hill (07-29-2014), Mary48336 (07-31-2014), TaJr12 (07-30-2014)

Hi Ian and everyone,
    Sorry, I've been off the radar with that irritating business of earning a living. Most frustrating!
    All I can say is 'wow!'. When I first I envisaged this, I was merely hoping for it too merely have GPS weather, however, you have done some really special stuff and I have learned a tonne into the bargain. I don't have words to sufficiently express how impressed and grateful I am. Downside is though I have about 10 iPhones to jailbreak as the new place I'm working they've noticed my LS and want it for themselves. Darn!
    I used to use another well known LS theming app, but this is just so stable (not one safe mode since I switched to it over two weeks ago) I can't see any reason to change.
    I promised you and KoH a write-up and and some nice SS's for this LS theme, which I promise I will do now I've got this new job running and nearly self sufficient.
    Thank you again Ian. Your selfless contribution to this thread is an example to us all and personally, I have learned more here in a few weeks here than months of scouring the web.
    Takes care mate and speak soon!

Edit: is there any way of having both City AND neighbourhood showing? Been travelling a lot this past couple of weeks and can't help thinking how useful it would be 👍

Last edited by NeilJClements; 07-29-2014 at 04:27 PM.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-29-2014), King_O_Hill (07-29-2014), Krima (07-29-2014), Mary48336 (07-31-2014), ottozuts (07-29-2014), TaJr12 (07-30-2014)

Thanks

I like that idea June. Would be cool to have all the user config in the settings app. Ian has always been cool with people modding his UNIAW code. Since you are more familiar with cydgets, you should crank one out.

Modder hasn't been on my name in over 5 years. There is a reason for that, I no longer modify code as I took the time to learn to code myself. There are plenty of "modders" interested in uniAW, you see Neil's excitement. It was an idea, and that is all. Sure many would enjoy having options accessible, and easy to understand. Rather than trying to learn code to change if a balloon shows or not. I do have tutorials that show how this is done, and if anyone has questions then I am here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mcooper (07-29-2014)

@June. It was a suggestion from me since you have the most experience with cydgets, that is all. Wasn't any kind of dig, if that is how u took it.

Thanks

@June. It was a suggestion from me since you have the most experience with cydgets, that is all. Wasn't any kind of dig, if that is how u took it.

Not at all. It has nothing really to do directly with cydget, as GroovyLock has this ability now. All tweaks use this same method of using the settings.app. Its nothing new, and nothing to do with cydget directly. It uses apple's own ability to save options for users. Cycript allows coders to use that in their work with javascript, which I am sure most modders know. A small bit of obj-c which if one looked could easily figure out. I took your reply as a suggestion, and explained in a good manner on why I wouldn't be the one to do it. I also offered my help, so don't see why you thought I took it as a "dig". Although you say that almost every time I reply to you.

Ian is relying on WW so why not rely on cycript and give users flexibility, even could do away with WW altogether if he pleased. As you see above there are users that don't want to use just one thing. This would give an option to use both or all, very user friendly for everyone. Could even take uniAW to another level, and modders with it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-29-2014 at 05:17 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-29-2014)

Was just a reply June, didn't assume u took it any way, just wanted to state it just in case. Thanks for your good mannered response.

@MJ.. You do indeed run a lean clean phone.. So I can understand your personal decision there. Though I don't think there are many people who prefer var locale anymore. Non-live-updating GPS is useless to most of us.

But I'm pretty sure WW in Fixed mode allows Location Services to be off.. So that would be a solution. As to there being a problem when it uninstalls - nobody would really ever need to uninstall it - right?.. For what it's worth I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times on 7.0.6 and nothing happened to my WB.. So maybe that's a 7.1.x thing?

I rarely disagree w/you, MJ.. .. On this one - we see it very differently. WW has been in the top 5 most stable tweaks I've ever used.

@Ian - THANKS!!!! Love the two config.js switches you added!!!
    But let's call it 7.0 !! You know?!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-29-2014)

I also would like to incorporate address with city and neighborhood.

I know that is a lot and Grant and Marty know I like that option.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1406676343.700682.jpg

The info is right inside of the XML file that is generated by WW. I believe if you look in the "base" file that comes with WW, it has these listed. Otherwise it's basically the same code as "City" but just "extraLocCity" or "extraLocNeighborhood" or "extraLocState" etc...

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-29-2014)

If you install ww. And have a WB theme on. Then remove WW. your theme will stay intact, UNTIL YOUR CACHE CLEARS. (Which WB does on respring)

TEST:
    Install WW
    Have a winterboard theme running
    Remove WW
    Then go into WB and deselect & reselect the same theme.
    Respring

Your stuff will be all jacked.

A quick reinstall of WB will fix this. You don't have to remove it and reinstall, just reinstall option from Cydia.

It's been this way on every JB since 7.0. Tested and confirmed on iPhone 4, iPad 3. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPad Air.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

BootsBrown (07-31-2014), Ian Nicoll (07-29-2014), Krima (07-29-2014), NeilJClements (07-29-2014), NewdestinyX (07-29-2014), Simon (07-29-2014), TaJr12 (07-30-2014)

Thanks MJ, I will test this out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    @MJ.. You do indeed run a lean clean phone.. So I can understand your personal decision there. Though I don't think there are many people who prefer var locale anymore. Non-live-updating GPS is useless to most of us.

But I'm pretty sure WW in Fixed mode allows Location Services to be off.. So that would be a solution. As to there being a problem when it uninstalls - nobody would really ever need to uninstall it - right?.. For what it's worth I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times on 7.0.6 and nothing happened to my WB.. So maybe that's a 7.1.x thing?

I rarely disagree w/you, MJ.. .. On this one - we see it very differently. WW has been in the top 5 most stable tweaks I've ever used.

@Ian - THANKS!!!! Love the two config.js switches you added!!!
    But let's call it 7.0 !! You know?!
    I never said it wasn't stable for use. All I said was it has no use for me since I prefer var locale.

Thanks MJ, I will test this out right now.

I can take a video if you'd like to show this.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I can take a video if you'd like to show this.
    There's no need to do that MJ. It's not a question of whether I believe u or not, I just never heard of this in the year that this tweak has been out. If this is what happens then that's a problem that should be fixed. I'm doing it now, I'll let u know if that's what happens to me.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-29-2014)

There's no need to do that MJ. It's not a question of whether I believe u or not, I just never heard of this in the year that this tweak has been out. If this is what happens then that's a problem that should be fixed. I'm doing it now, I'll let u know if that's what happens to me.

I guess people generally don't remove it once it's installed....

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I guess people generally don't remove it once it's installed....
    That makes sense. Probably why we haven't heard this. Thanks for sharing that though.

MJ why can't you use the Uniaw that you've had that uses the var local ? or mod it like you want

Page 836 of 875 FirstFirst ... 336 736 786 826834835836837838 846 ... LastLast