Page 825 of 875 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815823824825826827 835 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,500 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Thanks
    Thanked 21,619 Times in 4,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJClements View Post
    PLEASE HELP! I am using the UniAW6.4_LS(WW) template and it has the five days forecast, but I cant work out how to get the currennt day icon to show. It's driving me mad, because I'm sure its just a lin of code in the CSS file. How do I do it? Please. Anyone! TIA
    Hi Neil,

Check out post 15204 on page 761, hope it helps.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Neil,

Check out post 15204 on page 761, hope it helps.
    Brilliant. Thanks mate. I did try adding it as Day0 in the same format as the rest, but nothing appeared. Will take a look.
    Thank you Ian!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-20-2014)

Thank you so much Ian! Not only did that help, but it's increased my coding knowledge. This thread must've got so many people started on the road to coding!

My next small problem is this widget, which has become the subject of loads of discussion on the Lion D'or thread. I have spent the entire weekend trying to converty it to UniAW6 so the GPS will work, but after hours of trying, my capabilities are too lacking to complete it. What would be useful is if I could just get the scrolling text showing the correct temp. When you change the scrolling text to CELSIUS, it still shows Farenheight temp, despite the config.js having the correct setting.

Here is a pic:

I figured we can live without the GPS working, but if the scrolling text could be working, that would be great.

Here is the widget if you get time. Thank you so much in advance: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20X2%20EN.zip

Once I get more competetant, I intend to convert it fully to UniAW6 and a load of others that would benefit from updating.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

marco29 (07-20-2014), Mary48336 (07-20-2014)

Thanks

Thank you so much Ian! Not only did that help, but it's increased my coding knowledge. This thread must've got so many people started on the road to coding!

My next small problem is this widget, which has become the subject of loads of discussion on the Lion D'or thread. I have spent the entire weekend trying to converty it to UniAW6 so the GPS will work, but after hours of trying, my capabilities are too lacking to complete it. What would be useful is if I could just get the scrolling text showing the correct temp. When you change the scrolling text to CELSIUS, it still shows Farenheight temp, despite the config.js having the correct setting.

I figured we can live without the GPS working, but if the scrolling text could be working, that would be great.

Here is the widget if you get time. Thank you so much in advance: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20X2%20EN.zip

Once I get more competetant, I intend to convert it fully to UniAW6 and a load of others that would benefit from updating.
    Hi,

It's a nice clock widget for sure, but are you sure you uploaded the original widget?
    For me absolutely no choices in the setup.js are making any effect plus the widget does not find any location.
    There is two choices in the setup file: weather_unit and tempUnit which also seems strange to me.

In the theme.js file you have this:
    if(weather_unit == 'c') { }, I mean there is no code for this case, and the code (if you select "f") seems to be changing the days to German?

Code:
    if(weather_unit == 'f') {
    		switch (day) {
    	case "Mon": { return "Montag" }
    			case "Tue": { return "Dienstag" }
    			case "Wed": { return "Mittwoch" }
    			case "Thu": { return "Donnerstag" }
    			case "Fri": { return "Freitag" }
    			case "Sat": { return "Samstag" }
    			case "Sun": { return "Sonntag" }
    		}
    	}
    oldster is a very good coder but this looks very messy, probably a LOT easier to just take the css code for his clock and of coarse the images (very nice) & stick it in the UniAW 6.4 instead of the Lumo clock.
    Since I like this clock a lot I might do it myself but I can't give you a specific time when (sorry) but wanted to check with you if it is the original widget you posted or some modified one? I would like to see a working version just to see exactly what is in the clock, do you have a link to the original?

Thanks.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (07-21-2014), King_O_Hill (07-20-2014), marco29 (07-20-2014)

Dude, thank you so much for having a look. That's what I've been trying to do, is graft it to the new UniAW code, so it becomes an up to date GPS widget, but I lack the coding talent.

No hurry mate. Whenever you get a minute! Thanks again 👍👍

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (07-21-2014), marco29 (07-20-2014)

Yahoo is playing trucks again some widgets not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Yahoo is playing trucks again some widgets not working.

Dude, I have days where certain parts of widgets don't work, then they work again. Then I get no weather, the wrong weather. I just roll with it now.

Thanks

Neil, got a link to the original widget for me?

So Yahoo is playing up again? I think all Yahoo based widgets should be converted to use WidgetWeather, would be lot more reliable.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 07-20-2014 at 01:15 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-20-2014), kristatos (07-20-2014)

That's the only version of the widget I have. Sorry dude. What is it missing that you need!

Thanks

Is it original or have you played with it?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-20-2014)

This is a cleaner version someone has done, but just doesn't have GPS.

https://www.mediafire.com/?fdk1x9l3hj5xfk4

I think this offers a better starting point

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-20-2014), NewdestinyX (07-20-2014)

Thanks

Ok, thanks bud.

2:20am here, time to sleep I guess.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (07-21-2014), King_O_Hill (07-20-2014), Simon (07-21-2014)

Ok, thanks bud.

2:20am here, time to sleep I guess.
    I know the code is really messy but i`m not a Profi i was really happy with the resultat i do that just for fun the original code by Oldster was perfekt sorry for that

by the Way that is the Original there are many bugs :-(

https://app.box.com/s/045fuv1ztscljtw4upmp
    Last edited by marco29; 07-20-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1896531&dateline=1407  009162

22. The Following User Says Thank You to marco29 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-20-2014)

So Yahoo is playing up again? I think all Yahoo based widgets should be converted to use WidgetWeather, would be lot more reliable.
    I like this idea also!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (07-23-2014), Ian Nicoll (07-20-2014), kristatos (07-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by marco29 View Post
    I know the code is really messy but i`m not a Profi i was really happy with the resultat i do that just for fun the original code by Oldster was perfekt sorry for that
    Dude, yours was a MASSIVE improvement on the original, so thank you for that. It would be cool if the GPS worked too!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

marco29 (07-20-2014)

Dude, yours was a MASSIVE improvement on the original, so thank you for that. It would be cool if the GPS worked too!

I thank you :-) you worked hard to get it i know how much work you have with it but we are no profs you do the best to ask some one who have the how know:-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marco29 View Post

by the Way that is the Original there are many bugs :-(

https://app.box.com/s/045fuv1ztscljtw4upmp
    marco29, sorry if I offended pal, it's for sure not my intention to offend you (or oldster) at all bud, there are no proffessionals here, we're all learning.
    All I wanted was an actually working version rather that have to comb through all the files for errors just to see what it's supposed to do, happy to say the version you posted is the only one I have of the three that is actually working. Thanks.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-20-2014), marco29 (07-21-2014), Simon (07-21-2014)

marco29, sorry if I offended pal, it's for sure not my intention to offend you (or oldster) at all bud, there are no proffessionals here, we're all learning.
    All I wanted was an actually working version rather that have to comb through all the files for errors just to see what it's supposed to do, happy to say the version you posted is the only one I have of the three that is actually working. Thanks.
    you have not offended me everything is ok;-)
    i created this a long time ago https://app.box.com/s/4hc8bqjc22mj7s1qp8oy it worked perfect with gps but yahoo changed many things
    i was boring and would do something new with it because i spend much time in the code i don't have much know how i was really happy with the Lockscreen particularly the timing with the clock and date animations the mask function and the Touch function:-)yes we all learning :-)my opinion is you are not a Profi you are a Master and we learn from you and with your Work you motivate us to do things like this;-)many thanks for all your hard Work and your Help all the years!

without your work that would not have been possible for me

Last edited by marco29; 07-21-2014 at 01:59 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marco29 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-21-2014), NewdestinyX (07-21-2014)

Ian, I've sorted the aesthetics, it just needs your magic to get the GPS working. Here is the final draft:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0llj3yetl...20Forecast.zip

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (07-21-2014), marco29 (07-21-2014), Mary48336 (07-21-2014), NewdestinyX (07-21-2014)

Thanks

Ian, I've sorted the aesthetics, it just needs your magic to get the GPS working. Here is the final draft:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0llj3yetl...20Forecast.zip

Oooo... much better

A few choices, what do you prefer?

1. I set it up for WidgetWeather, meaning it will use the Yahoo info direct from your Apple Weather app, this is much more reliable than the old GPS MyLocation method. This method will be a "stand alone" widget, i.e no UniAW.

2. I set it up to get the location from a "MyLocation.txt" Generated by WidgetWeather. This is not the best option for me as it still uses Yahoo feeds that are not reliable.

3. I integrate into UniAW6.4 (WidgetWeather version).

For me making this GPS with a location.js file is old school now, WidgetWeather is the best way to go, not only because it uses Apples data direct from the Weather app but because the developers are active & constantly improving it. So I guess it's your decision: Option 1 or 3, please don't say 2

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

marco29 (07-21-2014), Mary48336 (07-22-2014), NeilJClements (07-21-2014), NewdestinyX (07-21-2014), Simon (07-21-2014)

Page 825 of 875 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815823824825826827 835 ... LastLast