Page 805 of 875 FirstFirst ... 305 705 755 795803804805806807 815 855 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,100 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    No I'm saying when I click that link in the mmi app, the link itself opens in safari. Not in the app
    Not for me. My links opens in an MMI page with the DropBox insignia. When something is zipped you just clik download from there and easy-peazey. You can set the the MMI app to open links "in App" or "in Safari" in the MMI app settings page. But it works so much more smoothly set to "In App" for 95% of things I do daily.. But I haven't tried setting that Settings choice to 'In Safari'. That's likely why the 'copy' function worked for you and not me. In the future I can set that to "In Safari" when a file isn't zipped.. Still more keystrokes.. but let's not get too lazy, Grant.. ..

What's really weird - is that when you clik on a post in the App and choose MORE -- in that next window it says OPEN IN SAFARI.. But when I choose that it gets me into the 'non-copy/paste' purgatory I've been describing. Wonder why it works differently than setting the MMI app Setting to 'In Safari'.. weird..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

Newd, don't click the link. Press and hold and a window will popup asking if you want to open it in safari.

Why is it difficult to create a file?

Edit, plus sign, change type to file, enter name and done if your time is that valuable that you measure it by keystrokes, then damn bro!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-14-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014), menard_00 (04-14-2014), RKO1195 (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Newd, don't click the link. Press and hold and a window will popup asking if you want to open it in safari.
    Doesn't work either, bro. See below. You still get the same screen where, when you press download or any other button along the bottom, you only get a preview of the file that won't allow cutting and pasting. Trust me - I've tried this since iOS 4. Always worked the same way with MMi app. Limitation of the app when working with DropBox or MediaFire which accounts for 95% of the share services we use here. I wish MJ could record a video of how she got that screenshot earlier of the js text being copied. Never worked on any phone I've owned with the MMi app. Maybe a setting I have set differently?

Here's what results when holding long on the link itself and choosing Open in Safari:

After you hit the only button in there ("download") that you can to get past that screen - you enter a preview of the file that doesn't allow copy/paste.

Trust me - I've wanted it to let me choose copy for these last 2.5 years - but it never has. Somebody tell me my MMi app settings are just set wrong and release me from my long purgatory!

Please someone make a Display Recorder video for me with the precise steps to be able to copy text from a.JS file posted at DropBox. I would love to see what I'm doing wrong. (Take note NewD 1.0 would make some blathering statement that NO ONE can copy text from within a .js file posted at DropBox - just because "he" can't.. NewD 2.1 is open to the possibility of his own user error.. )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,264 Times in 7,405 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Doesn't work either, bro. See below. You still get the same screen where, when you press download or any other button along the bottom, you only get a preview of the file that won't allow cutting and pasting. Trust me - I've tried this since iOS 4. Always worked the same way with MMi app. Limitation of the app when working with DropBox or MediaFire which accounts for 95% of the share services we use here. I wish MJ could record a video of how she got that screenshot earlier of the js text being copied. Never worked on any phone I've owned with the MMi app. Maybe a setting I have set differently?

Here's what results when holding long on the link itself and choosing Open in Safari:

After you hit the only button in there ("download") that you can to get past that screen - you enter a preview of the file that doesn't allow copy/paste.

Trust me - I've wanted it to let me choose copy for these last 2.5 years - but it never has. Somebody tell me my MMi app settings are just set wrong and release me from my long purgatory!

Please someone make a Display Recorder video for me with the precise steps to be able to copy text from a.JS file posted at DropBox. I would love to see what I'm doing wrong. (Take note NewD 1.0 would make some blathering statement that NO ONE can copy text from within a .js file posted at DropBox - just because "he" can't.. NewD 2.1 is open to the possibility of his own user error.. )
    Did it 2 different ways for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0NIZNTX2zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHuwtk5NzNA

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), lostinthemes (05-15-2014), MamaJaay (04-15-2014), Marty McFly (04-15-2014), RKO1195 (04-15-2014), The.Drifter (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nothing like video proof to show the impossible 👍

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), lostinthemes (05-15-2014), MamaJaay (04-15-2014), RKO1195 (04-15-2014), Simon (04-15-2014)

I do all those steps exactly, Simon.. And in the very last window - where you're able to get the copy wand- I can not. Never have been able to since iOS 4. What could I be doing wrong?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

Thanks

I do all those steps exactly, Simon.. And in the very last window - where you're able to get the copy wand- I can not. Never have been able to since iOS 4. What could I be doing wrong?
    Dunno man. Always worked on all my devices. You are holding down on the text in the last part to get the copy symbol to show up right? Not just touching it quickly?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

Dunno man. Always worked on all my devices. You are holding down on the text in the last part to get the copy symbol to show up right? Not just touching it quickly?
    Double clicking over text in window - which is the universal keystroke to invoke "copy" in all of iOS. Are you telling me there's a different keystroke you must use to invoke copy in mobile safari?!?!? It's that simple?

Couldn't tell your keystroke action from Display Recorder.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

Double clicking over text in window - which is the universal keystroke to invoke "copy" in all of iOS. Are you telling me there's a different keystroke you must use to invoke copy in mobile safari?!?!? It's that simple?
    Press and hold.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Simon (04-15-2014), The.Drifter (04-15-2014)

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Why the HELL would mobile safari require a totally DIFFERENT keystroke combo than the rest of iOS ?!?!? That worked, Simon and MJ.. I had to go to bottom of page and hold long to invoke it.. but it WORKED!!

It would NEVER have occurred to me to try an entirely different keystroke. Long hold is not used for copy anywhere else in all of iOS..

Well thanks for your patience, all! A 2.5 year mystery solved. That's the main thing. Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-15-2014)

OMG!!!

Sometimes you worry me bro!

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Why the HELL would mobile safari require a totally DIFFERENT keystroke combo than the rest of iOS ?!?!? That worked, Simon and MJ.. I had to go to bottom of page and hold long to invoke it.. but it WORKED!!

It would NEVER have occurred to me to try an entirely different keystroke. Long hold is not used for copy anywhere else in all of iOS..

Well thanks for your patience, all! A 2.5 year mystery solved. That's the main thing. Thanks!
    I press and hold anywhere in iOS

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), menard_00 (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I press and hold anywhere in iOS
    I wasn't implying it didn't work, MJ, just that double tap on a word is the core functionality. It's even outlined in iOS how-to manuals (not that many of us read those).

And hit reply with quote to this post.. Long hold on any word.. All you will get is the positioning magnifying glass. That's true for all text in iOS. Only double tap will engage outlining of text to copy.

Thanks

I wasn't implying it didn't work, MJ, just that double tap on a word is the core functionality. It's even outlined in iOS how-to manuals (not that many of us read those).

And hit reply with quote to this post.. Long hold on any word.. All you will get is the positioning magnifying glass. That's true for all text in iOS. Only double tap will engage outlining of text to copy.
    I always tap and hold to copy anything personally. Never used the double tap way. Holding does bring up the microscope in most instances on text but as soon as you take finger off screen it gives you option to select the word you were on or select all. I find that the hold down method gives more control over what we can copy.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), MamaJaay (04-15-2014), Marty McFly (04-15-2014), NewD (04-15-2014)

I always tap and hold to copy anything personally. Never used the double tap way. Holding does bring up the microscope in most instances on text but as soon as you take finger off screen it gives you option to select the word you were on or select all.
    Please elaborate on the bold section. When I release my finger from a long hold - nothing else happens. I might need a proof video on that one too, bro.. .. (not really...)

Double clik always selects a whole word in any window you have the keyboard showing (which is the majority of time you're dealing with text you want to copy). From there you can expand the highlighted region to copy or lessen it. I find that to be the greatest level of control for me. And again it's the main design of highlighting text for copy and paste ever since we got it --- in -- iOS5, I think.. I was saying since iOS4.. But we didn't have copy and paste until iOS5 - right Simon? You're our historian on these things..

OMG!!!

Sometimes you worry me bro!
    LOL!!.. I worry me too. But we're all creatures of habit and once you learn a design feature that's all you use - and you expect it to work everywhere. It just plain would NEVER have occurred to me -ever- to LONG press to invoke the highlighting of text - which is a double click everywhere else in iOS where the keyboard is open. On a web page - the keyboard is not open - so I think that's where I 'over-applied' my understanding of how highlight for copy 'should' work..

Thanks again, all. You're very patient with me - still..

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), Simon (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 07bony View Post
    my homescreen Credits to all Creator for this iwidget 😁

Do you have a link to this widget? It's beautiful. The horseshoe one doesn't have this clock or colors available. Thanks!

Thanks

Please elaborate on the bold section. When I release my finger from a long hold - nothing else happens. I might need a proof video on that one too, bro.. .. (not really...)

Double clik always selects a whole word in any window you have the keyboard showing (which is the majority of time you're dealing with text you want to copy). From there you can expand the highlighted region to copy or lessen it. I find that to be the greatest level of control for me. And again it's the main design of highlighting text for copy and paste ever since we got it --- in -- iOS5, I think.. I was saying since iOS4.. But we didn't have copy and paste until iOS5 - right Simon? You're our historian on these things..

LOL!!.. I worry me too. But we're all creatures of habit and once you learn a design feature that's all you use - and you expect it to work everywhere. It just plain would NEVER have occurred to me -ever- to LONG press to invoke the highlighting of text - which is a double click everywhere else in iOS where the keyboard is open. On a web page - the keyboard is not open - so I think that's where I 'over-applied' my understanding of how highlight for copy 'should' work..

Thanks again, all. You're very patient with me - still..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aEcm3bqcE8

Google is your friend Grant.

iPhone OS 3.x[edit]
    3.0 became available with the iPhone 3GS. It was released on June 17, 2009. This release added features such as copy and paste, and MMS. Not all features were available on the original iPhone. Devices running 2.x were upgradeable to this firmware.[34][35]
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-15-2014), Marty McFly (04-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 07bony View Post
    my homescreen Credits to all Creator for this iwidget 😁

I would like to add this overlay and clock face and hands to the update that I'm working on for this if possible.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mcooper (04-15-2014), menard_00 (04-15-2014)

I would like to add this overlay and clock face and hands to the update that I'm working on for this if possible.
    How do I get the clockface to show up on the original horseshoe iWidget? My horseshoe widget just has some bar moving around in a circle and I would like the clock there.

Cool.. So press and hold invokes 'select all'.. but doesn't invoke any highlighting around a word. Where a simple double tap highlights a single word or section. I see applications for both to be sure.. But I've only ever had need for the double tap - until MJ's 'location.js' file.. And the" double tap + Copy" is one less keystroke than "long hold + Select All + Copy"

Well we've beat this dead horse.. Thanks all! Now I have a 'new skill'..

Back to your regular scheduled programming for UniAW.

(modders/helpers... please zip files before upload... )

Page 805 of 875 FirstFirst ... 305 705 755 795803804805806807 815 855 ... LastLast