+ Reply
Page 8 of 835 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Ok i got it down, i just need help with them theme... My icons are not changing i also dont have a dock :0
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok i got it down, i just need help with them theme... My icons are not changing i also dont have a dock :0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Puerto Rico theme LOVER

Thanks
    Thanked 8,431 Times in 4,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carly1200 View Post
    There is a dock there. You can't see it? Right under your dock icons. All you need to do is download a theme from Cydia and then turn it on in Winterboard for your icons to change.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carly1200 View Post
    it's not a theme it's just a widget ,the icons on Ian's screenshoot are doesn't included..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sigit For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-01-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,297 Times in 5,963 Posts

To check and see if the myLocation app is working correctly you can check the locationpath file and it will tell you when and what your location change is. Or open the app, then change the txt file coordinates, then reopen the app and see if the txt file changed. In all cases everyone has confirmed the file is updating.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,431 Times in 4,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    To check and see if the myLocation app is working correctly you can check the locationpath file and it will tell you when and what your location change is. Or open the app, then change the txt file coordinates, then reopen the app and see if the txt file changed. In all cases everyone has confirmed the file is updating.
    I hear you - and yet there are a bunch of us for whom we still need a respring when traveling. So if its not the widget and not myLocation what can it be? The problem is repeatable and consistent.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,297 Times in 5,963 Posts

Like I've said before, if the myLocation.txt file is updating, then the app is working fine. The only function of the app is to update that file. It is up to the widget to use that info. That only leads to one place, the widget. It is either not looking at the txt file, not going out for an update or its holding the previous location and using that.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

blkmini (04-02-2013), Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-01-2013), NewdestinyX (04-02-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I read a couple of pages back that some people say the widget is not updating while driving, can anyone confirm this, It's working for me on the Mac but I'm not going anywhere anytime soon to test it in real life.
    i used until yesterday Dacal´s latest BaSalt lockscreen. This one updating without problems while driving on a 4s (6.1.2)

On older weather lockscreens, i have the problem the location update only for 4-5 times.

I used the UniAW6.0. since yesterday. Now at work i am a lot on the road so i can test if it updating correctly. Till now it works.

I will report later..
    Last edited by xxupsxx; 04-02-2013 at 01:09 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxupsxx For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,324 Times in 3,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxupsxx View Post
    i used until yesterday Dacal´s latest BaSalt lockscreen. This one updating without problems while driving on a 4s (6.1.2)

On older weather lockscreens, i have the problem the location update only for 4-5 times.

I used the UniAW6.0. since yesterday. Now at work i am a lot on the road so i can test if it updating correctly. Till now it works.

I will report later..
    Thanks,

This also uses Dacal's latest code so it should be fine. Thanks for testing.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-02-2013 at 02:07 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yep. I have to respring after entering new city for weather to change. But this has plagued many of us with GPS widgets since iOS6. I know you and Dacal thought it was only a Set Timeout issue - but that didn't fix it for all of us. I installed myLocation app exactly as King describes. Something's not happening correctly in the myLocation app reporting to the .txt file for some of us - because when I change the lat and longitude manually in the .txt file - the widget updates almost immediately - so it's not your widget, Ian. I don't think.
    I noticed that quite a few people have problems with weather updates, either the location or the weather data. Having to repsring to update is really not quite the ideal way to do this. I had an idea which unfortunately turned out not to work. The idea came from the fact that html pages in webclip can run the geolocation javascript, which does not work in html pages in Winterboard. So I thought maybe html pages in iWidiget would run this geolocation javascript as well, but they don't.
    Anyway I had a suggestion for the updated Weather Elements by ceibaer not to run the configpage in Safari but in webclip, it only required a shift of one file and the editing of one Info.plist file. The updated Weather Elements used the webclip html to run the geolocation javascript and stores the GPS coordinates in the database, if you choose GPS rather then a city. Ijust tried it with the GPS option turned off and entered New York, saved it which updates the database, then locked out to the Lockscreen and hey presto I had the light snow in New York. Next I unlocked and changed the location to Singapore, saved , which updated the database, locked out to the Lockscreen and there was the weather of Singapore. No respring needed.
    This makes me believe that there are fundamental differences between the way a config.js file is read and how a database is read. It seems to me that a config.js is read at "boot up" (not really boot up, but during that process) and stored in menory. Any changes to the config.js file will only come into place when that config.js file is read again and that seems to take place after a respring, a simple lockout seems not to trigger this, it still used the config.js that is in memory. That's where it is different with a database. The lockout from the Home screen loads the LockBackground.html to be executed, which means it will read the database which is on the latest update, whereas if the LockBackground.html has a config.js file and the LockBackground.html is loaded again it looks at the "old" config.js file in memory and not at the "new updated" config.js file, which it only will do when you respring.
    This looks like a very plausible explanation to me why people have to respring to update their location.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-02-2013), Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), RKO1195 (04-02-2013), The.Drifter (04-02-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxupsxx View Post

I will report later..
    Thanks,

This also uses Dacal's latest code so it should be fine. Thanks for testing.

=================================
    =================================

Quote Originally Posted by Matux
    Hey Ian,

i got a little question according to UniAW6. In which file could I change the Sun/Moon/Balloon/Astronaut sizes of the grafics. I would like to downsize UniAW6 to exxOS theme. I got everything except the sun/moon e.g

Chris
    This is NOT a "little question" and is a bit trickier than the usual.

Here is the original css settings for the sun:

#sun{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/sun/sun.png') center no-repeat;
    background-size: 600px 600px;
    background-color: transparent;
    position: absolute;
    top: -290px;
    left: -300px;
    width: 600px;
    height: 600px;
    margin : auto 0;
    z-index: 22;
    opacity: 0.0;
    display: none;
    -webkit-animation: sun_moon_fadein 7s;
    -webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;
    }

This code makes it half size while retaining it's correct position for the new dimensions.

#sun{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/sun/sun.png') center no-repeat;
    background-size: 300px 300px;
    background-color: transparent;
    position: absolute;
    top: -145px;
    left: -150px;
    width: 300px;
    height: 300px;
    margin : auto 0;
    z-index: 22;
    opacity: 0.0;
    display: none;
    -webkit-animation: sun_moon_fadein 7s;
    -webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;
    }

Note the ratio to "top", "left" has all been halved, if you were doing some other size like quarter the original you must set everything quarter size from the original setting.

You would need to do this for sun, sunray, moon & moonray in both css files (iph4 & iph5)

To adjust the size of the spaceman:

Go to Css/Weather/iph5 and open the "moon.css" file, you adjust the width & height of the #astronautContainer > div AND the #astronautContainer > div > img, but again you should keep it in ratio or he will end up looking a weird shape, you can use any photo editing software just to check your new dimensions are in ratio to the original.
    You also need to copy your new settings into the iph4 moon/css file.

To adjust the size of the balloons:

Go to Css/Weather/iph5 and open the "partlycloudy.css" file, the balloon uses the astronautContainer, so you adjust the width & height of
    the #astronautContainer > div AND the #astronautContainer > div > img again keeping the aspect ratio correct.
    You also need to copy your new settings into the iph5 sun/css file, plus duplicate these settings in the iph4 css files.

Travel distance of sun and moon:

This widget fills the whole screen from left to right i.e. 320px.

Lets say you made all the containers in the css to 200px wide, to set the sun/moon so it would fit correctly according to time of day (ie sunrise = sun in left corner & sunset - sun in right corner) you need to change some code in the UniAW6.js file.

In this example we would change all the highlighted settings in the screen shot below to 200.

Understand?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I noticed that quite a few people have problems with weather updates, either the location or the weather data. Having to repsring to update is really not quite the ideal way to do this. I had an idea which unfortunately turned out not to work. The idea came from the fact that html pages in webclip can run the geolocation javascript, which does not work in html pages in Winterboard. So I thought maybe html pages in iWidiget would run this geolocation javascript as well, but they don't.
    Anyway I had a suggestion for the updated Weather Elements by ceibaer not to run the configpage in Safari but in webclip, it only required a shift of one file and the editing of one Info.plist file. The updated Weather Elements used the webclip html to run the geolocation javascript and stores the GPS coordinates in the database, if you choose GPS rather then a city. Ijust tried it with the GPS option turned off and entered New York, saved it which updates the database, then locked out to the Lockscreen and hey presto I had the light snow in New York. Next I unlocked and changed the location to Singapore, saved , which updated the database, locked out to the Lockscreen and there was the weather of Singapore. No respring needed.
    This makes me believe that there are fundamental differences between the way a config.js file is read and how a database is read. It seems to me that a config.js is read at "boot up" (not really boot up, but during that process) and stored in menory. Any changes to the config.js file will only come into place when that config.js file is read again and that seems to take place after a respring, a simple lockout seems not to trigger this, it still used the config.js that is in memory. That's where it is different with a database. The lockout from the Home screen loads the LockBackground.html to be executed, which means it will read the database which is on the latest update, whereas if the LockBackground.html has a config.js file and the LockBackground.html is loaded again it looks at the "old" config.js file in memory and not at the "new updated" config.js file, which it only will do when you respring.
    This looks like a very plausible explanation to me why people have to respring to update their location.

Hi Rasp,

Not sure I understand this theory M8, because the contents of the Config.js file never changes in normal use, just initially to setup the widget.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-screen-shot-2013-04-02-3.45.16-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-02-2013), Hip5 (04-02-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), The.Drifter (04-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    The lockout from the Home screen loads the LockBackground.html to be executed, which means it will read the database which is on the latest update, whereas if the LockBackground.html has a config.js file and the LockBackground.html is loaded again it looks at the "old" config.js file in memory and not at the "new updated" config.js file, which it only will do when you respring.
    Makes sense to me, I have been doing a lot of modifying to widgets in iFile lately. I don't know if anyone notices but the first few changes will take place when you launch the widget within WebViewer & no respring. After a while the changes will not show in WebViewer unless you respring. To me it seems there is a timeout function, regardless of what you're doing, that will save to memory. I was pulling my hair out a few days ago wondering why my changes weren't taking effect in iFile.
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cuzin For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), rasputin007 (04-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

perfect Ian .. I already got everything except the balloon size .. thx a lot everything is understandable

and I am very sorry for this "little" question
    Last edited by Kazuyoshi; 04-02-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anybody seeing this today? Internet is good and widget works if you switch off GPS, I think Yahoo is up to something again?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-02-2013 at 02:43 AM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

iamaqtpa2t (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), kristatos (04-02-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

Thanks

I already got this phenomen @ UniAW5 sometimes, with not getting information from yahoo but only between 09-11:30 am

Dropbox

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    I already got this phenomen @ UniAW5 sometimes, with not getting information from yahoo but only between 09-11:30 am
    What about right at this moment, if you re-spring does it all load for you? Thanks.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

Thanks

so.. with the great help of Ian I got a first version of exxOS UniAW6

What about right at this moment, if you re-spring does it all load for you? Thanks.
    in these moments I got for ~30 min no data at all no respring/reboot helped but I´ve not seen it until now @UniAW6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-img_0419.png  
    Last edited by Kazuyoshi; 04-02-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Dropbox

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), It's Mi (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), kristatos (04-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    so.. with the great help of Ian I got a first version of exxOS UniAW6
    Good job Chris, but Id'e put the sun up roughly the same height as the balloon, and the balloons lower (about the same height as the sun is).

Yeah, the gps has been on and off today but now it's off for last 30 or 40 minutes, Yahoo for sure
    But they usually revert back in a day or so, so for now just switch off gps in the Config.js and make sure your locale code is correct.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-02-2013 at 03:06 AM.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), kristatos (04-02-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013)

Thanks

added a "top: 30px;" to partlycloudy.ccs and moon.css that the balloons not to burn too much

Dropbox

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013), kristatos (04-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cuzin View Post
    Makes sense to me, I have been doing a lot of modifying to widgets in iFile lately. I don't know if anyone notices but the first few changes will take place when you launch the widget within WebViewer & no respring. After a while the changes will not show in WebViewer unless you respring. To me it seems there is a timeout function, regardless of what you're doing, that will save to memory. I was pulling my hair out a few days ago wondering why my changes weren't taking effect in iFile.
    Hi Rasp,

Not sure I understand this theory M8, because the contents of the Config.js file never changes in normal use, just initially to setup the widget.
    What I am saying is that it is less a problem of the code, but the way iOS works with files.
    I have setTimeout in my clock javascript to refresh it every second and that setTimeout works without any problem, does not make much sense that the same setTimeout function does not work in other javascripts.
    You should know this as well when working on a theme, if you replace some code and copy that file into the LS theme folder, lock out and press the home button to activate the lockscreen you do not always see the changes that you make, only when you respring will you see the code changes.
    And that is my point. iOS seems to load certain files into memory at loading time and changes to the physical files do not take any effect until the "in memory" file is replaced by the newer physical file version. This is only achieved by a respring, you re-initiate the loading time again.

btw I have no problems with gps and Yahoo atm

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

cuzin (04-02-2013), Hip5 (04-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-02-2013), King_O_Hill (04-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi ian, and others. Great work.

Mayby for todo list also, some flying birds (animated gifs) when the weather is good.
    Like clear and partly cloudy weather would by nice.

Grtz.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-02-2013), joshlogic (04-03-2013)