+ Reply
Page 786 of 835 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776784785786787788 796 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,720 of 16691

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by tcm1998 If I understand your question (and the code ) correctly this is what happens: We start with a clean phone or a new folder under LockCydgets
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    If I understand your question (and the code ) correctly this is what happens:

We start with a clean phone or a new folder under LockCydgets (not sure if each folder has it's own cookies, I would assume so but I'd have to test). Let's assume the Config.js usedWeatherEngine is set to 3 (Widget Weather). From now on I'll refer to usedWeatherEngine as "value".

1) Program started (value = undefined, cookie = undefined)
    2) Config.js is loaded, variable is declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = undefined)
    3) At the end of the weather init function, a cookie is created (value = 3, cookie =3)
    4) Widget Weather comes up (number 3).
    5) We open the daisy menu and hit refresh. The cookie is deleted and the program is reloaded (value = undefined, cookie = undefined)
    6) Config.js is loaded, declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = undefined)
    7) At the end of the weather init function, a cookie is created (value =3, cookie = 3)
    8) Widget Weather comes up (number 3).
    9) We open the daisy menu and hit "Switch to Yahoo". (value = 1, cookie = 3)
    10) immediately the cookie is updated (in the touchchoose function). (value = 1, cookie = 1)
    11) The program is reloaded (value = undefined, cookie = 1)
    12) Config.js is loaded, declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = 1)
    13) At the start of the main.js, the cookie is loaded if it exists. (value = 1, cookie = 1).
    14) Yahoo comes up (number 1).

When rebooting, respringing, or unlock/lock, etc ... we start at step 11.

So, the cookie is always leading. If there isn't a cookie, then the Config.js value is used. This is the same behaviour as the stock UniAW6.4. All I did was replace the useAccuweather boolean (only true/false) to a usedWeatherEngine number (allowing more than 2 engines).
    Why clearing your cookies doesn't work, I have no idea. Maybe Saurik has an answer on that one.

Glad the full version does work for you. And do you like the result? Has anyone else tried it? I'd love to get some feedback.
    Hi !

I must really find the time to look what you have done. Interresting ideas (removing the multiple CSS files for i4 and i5,...). Not sure i would have done the same, but interesting !

Keep up the good work,
    Dacal

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (03-06-2014), ferlop15 (03-06-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), Marty McFly (03-06-2014), RKO1195 (03-06-2014), Simon (03-06-2014), tcm1998 (03-06-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi !

I must really find the time to look what you have done. Interresting ideas (removing the multiple CSS files for i4 and i5,...). Not sure i would have done the same, but interesting !

Keep up the good work,
    Dacal
    I only removed the multiple JS files for ip4 and 5, because they were extremely similar and it's likely it'll stay that was.

CSS is kept in tact, because there are a lot more differences (e.g. Coordinates) and CSS doesn't support variables.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-06-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    My work email uses an app called AirWatch. I cannot add my work email without this app and this app installs 5 profiles automatically on my phone, one of which requires an Apple passcode to be set. There is jailbreak detection on the Enterprise server, so if you do not set an Apple passcode, the work email will not be added. I've tried it multiple times using your exact instructions and once the profiles are added from the app, an Apple passcode is required.
    Have you tried the Android XT lock? I know tcm mentioned it some time ago. I have an exchange email that requires a lock and with the android lock and having cydget installed, I never crash. Android XT works fine other than you having to use your pass code anytime you reboot or restoring, one time. I use a simple swipe left to right with android XT to get in, not to mention it looks pretty cool. Just a thought if you haven't tried it already...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jepp376 For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Tcm,
    As I mentioned - it works flawlessly. Not sure what you mean "do you like the result?".. Because the result still shows me exactly what I've seen on my screen for the last year.. And I've always loved UniAW6.4. Is there something I should be noticing that's different "in look"? I thought you just "rebuilt the engine". Is there any difference in the "look" of the widget?

And thanks for the explanation about the 1,2,3 in config.js versus Yahoo & AccuW in Daisy. Not sure I quite followed you.. What I don't understand is why we need both? What's the difference between clicking on Yahoo in the Daisy and choosing Yahoo as the engine in the config.js? Why do we need both?

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Mine has been going great. No crashes running UNIAW on LS with all animation and Iwidget UNIAW on SB with all animations on.

Had to delete work exchange email and turn off passcode and then download exchange policy cleaner from Cydia. Then put work exchange email back on. Works great and no crashes. Been almost 4 days/nights now.

Thanks Grant for the assist.
    So glad you're finally crashless, Blik. I knew getting rid of Apple Passcode would did it for you as it has for many of us. 7.0.x just has to much trouble with WebView to ever handle Passcode Lock and high animation on LS. Let's hope for a JB for 7.1 where WebView issue is resolved per my reading.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-06-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bliken (03-06-2014)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,314 Times in 3,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi !

Keep up the good work,
    Dacal
    Hi David, how's the young one?

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi David, how's the young one?
    Hi Ian ! He is growing very fast ! Almost 6 months ! Between my work, my wife and my son, so little time to be here... . Hope you're good my friend !

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2014), ferlop15 (03-06-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    My guess would be ISX and Forecast are not playing well together. You can turn one or the other off with iCleanerPro.
    Seems you were right. I deleted Forecast and the safe modes stopped. I then reinstalled LockHTML3 and the safe modes started up again, so I removed the passcode option and installed AndroidLockXT again and so far the safe modes have stopped again for over 24 hours. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah - then your work is adding a jailbreak detection level of protection to make sure you can't turn off the passcode. I'm sure there's a tweak out there that can clean that policy too. With the Apple Passcode lock on - your crashing will return in the presence of high animation on a Lockscreen. No way around it. Sorry. I'll check in Cydia for something like 'Enterprise Policy Cleaner'.. That's your only hope - until we have a jailbreak for 7.1 where the WebView bug is fixed.
    Actually I just manually deleted one of the profiles that forces the Apple passcode and it seems to have worked. Thanks Grant!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2014), menard_00 (03-07-2014)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

Today in Sri Lanka I got a glimpse of the very rare "Fackawee" bird.

It's a small flightless bird that lives in very long grass, every now & then it jumps up high, quickly looks right & left and says "where the Fackawee"

A smile a day....

Non native English speakers might not get this.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-06-2014 at 09:45 AM.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-08-2014), Darrenrooster (03-07-2014), ferlop15 (03-06-2014), jepp376 (03-06-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014), MamaJaay (03-06-2014), Marty McFly (03-06-2014), menard_00 (03-07-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), Simon (03-06-2014), The.Drifter (03-06-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tcm,
    As I mentioned - it works flawlessly. Not sure what you mean "do you like the result?".. Because the result still shows me exactly what I've seen on my screen for the last year.. And I've always loved UniAW6.4. Is there something I should be noticing that's different "in look"? I thought you just "rebuilt the engine". Is there any difference in the "look" of the widget?

And thanks for the explanation about the 1,2,3 in config.js versus Yahoo & AccuW in Daisy. Not sure I quite followed you.. What I don't understand is why we need both? What's the difference between clicking on Yahoo in the Daisy and choosing Yahoo as the engine in the config.js? Why do we need both?
    With "the result". I mean Widget Weather combined with Accuweather. Was it worth the effort. Do you feel it provides a more accurate forcast?

As I tried to explain step by step, The config is to select the weather engine initially. The cookie is to keep the choice, once you use the menu.
    No, we don't NEED both, I think

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2014)

Thanks

With "the result". I mean Widget Weather combined with Accuweather. Was it worth the effort. Do you feel it provides a more accurate forcast?
    The WidgetWeather version always had an Accuweather call in it - but only for things that Weather.app (WidgetWeather's source feed) didn't provide - like UV index and MoonPhase. So your version, in addition to all the new code efficiencies you put in, also allows a call to AccuWeather for all weather data? Is that specifically what you're referring to? If so - then my answer is, yes! I've always thought AccuWeather's data was much more accurate for my area than Yahoo's beta feed or Weather.app feed.
    As I tried to explain step by step, The config is to select the weather engine initially. The cookie is to keep the choice, once you use the menu.
    No, we don't NEED both, I think
    Ok.. So whatever I set in config.js will be overridden by the Daisy choice? You need to speak in "non-coders"-language sometimes, Tcm. Most people didn't understand your step-by-step explanation.

Thanks

Today in Sri Lanka I got a glimpse of the very rare "Fackawee" bird.

It's a small flightless bird that lives in very long grass, every now & then it jumps up high, quickly looks right & left and says "where the Fackawee"

A smile a day....

Non native English speakers might not get this.
    Pretty funny Ian!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jepp376 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The WidgetWeather version always had an Accuweather call in it - but only for things that Weather.app (WidgetWeather's source feed) didn't provide - like UV index and MoonPhase.
    None of the Widget Weather on the first page contain any accuweather calls, so I thought the combination is new. Maybe older versions had, that's before my time. A month ago I had never heard of UniAW. My loss, I know.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-06-2014), King_O_Hill (03-06-2014), menard_00 (03-07-2014), NewdestinyX (03-06-2014)

Thanks

None of the Widget Weather on the first page contain any accuweather calls, so I thought the combination is new. Maybe older versions had, that's before my time. A month ago I had never heard of UniAW. My loss, I know.
    You're probably right, Tcm. What I may be thinking is that WidgetWeather has the ability to pull "Atmospheric" information that's not part of the Weather.app feed from Yahoo. I think I remember that WW gets that additional info from Accuweather. I could be wrong. King_O_Hill will know for sure.

I, for one, am glad to not be losing Accuweather as an engine choice within the WW version of UniAW. Ultimately Ian will have to make the final decision if it's a permanent part of the UniAW.. But at least we'll always have this version of yours. And Marty McFly also has an Accuweather call for several elements built into all his mods of UniAW.

Thanks again for all your work in streamlining UniAW. To the average user - it 'feels' no different. But as a coder myself (intermediate) I appreciate code running as cleanly and simply as possible.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2014), Marty McFly (03-06-2014), Simon (03-06-2014), tcm1998 (03-06-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,293 Times in 5,960 Posts

The "extra" info is available from the WW feed but is not used by the stock app. That's why its considered extra. We don't pull any info from AW. Ian was pulling the moon rise/set data and something else from AW I believe.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014), menard_00 (03-07-2014), RKO1195 (03-06-2014), Simon (03-06-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The "extra" info is available from the WW feed but is not used by the stock app. That's why its considered extra. We don't pull any info from AW.
    Thanks for the correction, sir! So where does the xtra info come from?

Ian was pulling the moon rise/set data and something else from AW I believe.
    And the UV index info.. And was that additional AW info always called for in UniAW6.4(WW)?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,293 Times in 5,960 Posts

Thanks for the correction, sir! So where does the xtra info come from?

And the UV index info.. And was that additional AW info always called for in UniAW6.4(WW)?
    Xtra comes from the app, the app just doesn't use it.

Yes, UV is from AW
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014), NewdestinyX (03-06-2014), RKO1195 (03-06-2014), Simon (03-06-2014)

Thanks

I think I got too many versions

In the last few days I have a WIP of a new UniAW iWidget_WW version, it pulls UVIndex, Moonrise/Moonset, & moon data (next full/new moon) from AccuWeather, for some reason I don't think there is a version with this in post 1, but it's not new, Dacal added this for me yonks ago for a LS version (I think), I just took out all the options menu & changed the touch to drop down the hourly forecast.

It's still very much a WIP, got lots to add to it like the 3D clouds, weather icon choice blah blah..
    When it's done it should have everything, then I got to compare it with tcm's "split" code & see if I can separate out the "non weather" stuff, but I will do this after it's done.

Nothing much new to look at atm, it's mostly code changes for now.

Sorry, 1st screenshot (off Mac) was captured as the sunrise/set & "xml checked at" text was fading out to moonrise/set xml updated, that's why it looks faded.

Doing this I also just realised for the 1st time that the "DBLCDTempBlack" font (used for digital clock) is no longer supported in IOS, so got a new font for that too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-1.png   UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-2.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-07-2014 at 04:40 AM.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-07-2014), Darrenrooster (03-07-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), Marty McFly (03-06-2014), menard_00 (03-07-2014), nik1975 (03-06-2014), Simon (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,657 Times in 4,064 Posts

Hi Ian, here the demo5 Rainday on UniawTV for mac

Teasing video with 2 Different Rainday, Test for Rain & Thunderstorm

Must Watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXpW...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 03-06-2014 at 06:02 PM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-07-2014), jepp376 (03-07-2014), Noobiusmaximus (03-07-2014), ogkikz (03-15-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life roman3001's Avatar
    Thanks

That is creazy!!!
    But cool!!

Thanks

I think I got too many versions

In the last few days I have a WIP of a new UniAW iWidget_WW version, it pulls UVIndex, Moonrise/Moonset, & moon data (next full/new moon) from AccuWeather, for some reason I don't think there is a version with this in post 1, but it's not new, Dacal added this for me yonks ago for a LS version (I think), I just took out all the options menu & changed the touch to drop down the hourly forecast.

It's still very much a WIP, got lots to add to it like the 3D clouds, weather icon choice blah blah..
    When it's done it should have everything, then I got to compare it with tam's "split" code & see if I can separate out the "non weather" stuff, but I will do this after it's done.

Nothing much new to look at atm, it's mostly code changes for now.

Sorry, 1st screenshot (off Mac) was captured as the sunrise/set & "xml checked at" text was fading out to moonrise/set xml updated, that's why it looks faded.

Doing this I also just realised for the 1st time that the "DBLCDTempBlack" font (used for digital clock) is no longer supported in IOS, so got a new font for that too.

Yes, it's a version i have done for you . Never shared ?

I think it's time to work on something new for uniAX 6.5, no ?

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (03-07-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-07-2014), King_O_Hill (03-07-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), nik1975 (03-07-2014), Platini2000 (03-07-2014)