+ Reply
Page 785 of 843 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775783784785786787 795 835 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 16860

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by tcm1998 Weird, if I download it back, there's a Config. js next to the Javascript folder in the zip, but it's easy to fix. replace the useAccuweather
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Weird, if I download it back, there's a Config.js next to the Javascript folder in the zip, but it's easy to fix.
    replace the useAccuweather line in Config.js with :

Code:
    var usedWeatherEngine = 3; // 1 = Yahoo, 2 = Accuweather, 3 = Widget Weather
    and it should work fine.
    I found the config.js, Tcm. My apologies! I'm not used to a zip file dumping things into the 'root directory'. Just missed it. Your download is fine... But somehow Cydgets is still stubborn... The widget it still dead for me. Somehow it's not reloading the new directories.. My widget is still broken - even after a reboot. and the config.js in place. .. I'm so bummed. The only thing that works for me is to reinstall your original each time. Adding the new JavaScript file and the new config.js and renaming the old one - simply doesn't work for me. Whether I set the engine on 1,2 or 3.. Still nothing.. Just the blank screen in the pic I posted two posts back.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-05-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll upload the full package in a couple of hours. Wonder if that works for you, which means I must have overlooked something. Does it work if you turn gps off and enter the right location in the config?

Thanks

I'll upload the full package in a couple of hours. Wonder if that works for you, which means I must have overlooked something. Does it work if you turn gps off and enter the right location in the config?
    Let me try.. But I'm 98% positive there's a cache file somewhere that's causing the issue.
    My evidence:
    When I completely reload the original widget - and erase all traces of old one.. When I click on the daisy - my last settings I chose are still chosen. That's proof of a cache file somewhere

My guess is that cache file needs to be erased from somewhere before a simple JavaScript folder will update properly.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,367 Times in 5,994 Posts

The cookie that stores this is the same as a safari cookie. By deleting all cookies from safari, it should have erased it. This is how Dacal coded it originally.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-05-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone here read the Crash Reporter logs? I'm going into safe mode like once every hour right now and I have no idea what is is. I have Forecast installed, but not LHTML3 or Cydgets or GroovyLock. I also have Springtomize 3 and Intelliscreen X. I have a feeling it's something to do with one of these 3 tweaks.

Thanks

My guess would be ISX and Forecast are not playing well together. You can turn one or the other off with iCleanerPro.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (03-06-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone K_y_r_a's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey

I still have the problem that UniAW 6.4 show me "sunny" instead of "clear"
    The moon is rising at the moment and in notification center in iphone its normal and shows "clear"

Both using yahoo and i really dont know what the hell is the problem.
    I searched the whole web for this prob.

This is like it is at the moment

Its really annoying..... and i really love UniAW but thats a nogo if i cant fix that. I hope u can help me to find out whats the prob
    Kyra
    Life isnít about waiting for the storm to passÖ Itís about learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks

Check the feed for the code that Yahoo is putting out for your area and then just edit the description to whatever you want if its that big a deal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Sorry i m kinda noob on this i dont know what to do
    If i change "sunny" to clear the its at daytime always clear instead of sunny
    Life isnít about waiting for the storm to passÖ Itís about learning to dance in the rain.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Full WW+AW version here:

UniAW.WW_AW.cydget

I would like to help you to get to the bottom of this, but I want to do a new install on my phone and iPad tonight.
    Last edited by tcm1998; 03-05-2014 at 11:52 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2014), King_O_Hill (03-05-2014), K_y_r_a (03-05-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K_y_r_a View Post
    Hey

I still have the problem that UniAW 6.4 show me "sunny" instead of "clear"
    The moon is rising at the moment and in notification center in iphone its normal and shows "clear"

Both using yahoo and i really dont know what the hell is the problem.
    I searched the whole web for this prob.

Its really annoying..... and i really love UniAW but thats a nogo if i cant fix that. I hope u can help me to find out whats the prob
    Kyra
    i had that issue and it was because i had optimised with lockhtml3 i was getting permanent night even though it was midday - could be similar?
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iamevl For This Useful Post:

K_y_r_a (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamevl View Post
    i had that issue and it was because i had optimised with lockhtml3 i was getting permanent night even though it was midday - could be similar?
    Yes, very good point!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamevl View Post
    And how could u fix it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K_y_r_a View Post
    And how could u fix it?
    If you did optimize it through LHTML3, then you can delete the options.plist file that it creates and then rename the config.js.bak to config.js respring and all should be well. Last resort, just redownload and when asked to optimize, select no.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

iamevl (03-06-2014), K_y_r_a (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    If you're willing to run a tweak that bypasses the need to have your passcode on - but still get your work email - that's what I use. It's called Exchange Policy Cleaner in Cydia..
    1)Remove your work email..
    2)Turn off passcode
    3)Install Exchange Policy Cleaner
    4) Readd your work email..
    ---all will work and no more crashing with LockHTML3 or even GroovyLock with any level of animation. Your problems will be solved.

There is no other choice for those of you with work emails that require passcode lock.

Good luck,
    Grant
    Ok, I did this and I got my work email back, but when I added back work email, I had to use a passcode, it's a prerequisite of an Enterprise email address. Hopefully it won't crash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Ok, I did this and I got my work email back, but when I added back work email, I had to use a passcode, it's a prerequisite of an Enterprise email address. Hopefully it won't crash.
    If you followed my instructions explicitly and totally erased your email acct from your phone first (before installing Exchange Policy Cleaner), then turned off passcode, then installed Exchange Policy Cleaner, then readded your work email again- then it should not have required you to turn on the Apple passcode. The Apple passcode lock will cause crashing like you had before. When you say 'required a passcode' do you mean the 'Enterprise account required a password to your user name? Or do you mean it required you to turn on Apple Passcode? Apple passcode + heavy animation = Crashing.

Full WW+AW version here:

UniAW.WW_AW.cydget

I would like to help you to get to the bottom of this, but I want to do a new install on my phone and iPad tonight.
    This installed and is running perfectly, Tcm. Thanks. But what is the interaction between your engine variable (1, 2, 3) in the config.js and the Accuweather versus Yahoo touch parameter in the Daisy? Which one overrides what?

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The cookie that stores this is the same as a safari cookie. By deleting all cookies from safari, it should have erased it. This is how Dacal coded it originally.
    Thanks, Brian.. I'd forgotten that Dacal used that as his cache location for the Daisy.. But interesting that clearing the Safari cache did NOT make Tcm's last version of the cydget start working again. So it wasn't just as simple as adding the new Javascript folder and the new config.js file and clearing Safari cache.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-05-2014 at 04:38 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2014), Padgoi (03-06-2014)

Thanks

If you followed my instructions explicitly and totally erased your email acct from your phone first (before installing Exchange Policy Cleaner), then turned off passcode, then installed Exchange Policy Cleaner, then readded your work email again- then it should not have required you to turn on the Apple passcode. The Apple passcode lock will cause crashing like you had before. When you say 'required a passcode' do you mean the 'Enterprise account required a password to your user name? Or do you mean it required you to turn on Apple Passcode? Apple passcode + heavy animation = Crashing.
    My work email uses an app called AirWatch. I cannot add my work email without this app and this app installs 5 profiles automatically on my phone, one of which requires an Apple passcode to be set. There is jailbreak detection on the Enterprise server, so if you do not set an Apple passcode, the work email will not be added. I've tried it multiple times using your exact instructions and once the profiles are added from the app, an Apple passcode is required.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    My work email uses an app called AirWatch. I cannot add my work email without this app and this app installs 5 profiles automatically on my phone, one of which requires an Apple passcode to be set. There is jailbreak detection on the Enterprise server, so if you do not set an Apple passcode, the work email will not be added. I've tried it multiple times using your exact instructions and once the profiles are added from the app, an Apple passcode is required.
    Ah - then your work is adding a jailbreak detection level of protection to make sure you can't turn off the passcode. I'm sure there's a tweak out there that can clean that policy too. With the Apple Passcode lock on - your crashing will return in the presence of high animation on a Lockscreen. No way around it. Sorry. I'll check in Cydia for something like 'Enterprise Policy Cleaner'.. That's your only hope - until we have a jailbreak for 7.1 where the WebView bug is fixed.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (03-06-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has been going great. No crashes running UNIAW on LS with all animation and Iwidget UNIAW on SB with all animations on.

Had to delete work exchange email and turn off passcode and then download exchange policy cleaner from Cydia. Then put work exchange email back on. Works great and no crashes. Been almost 4 days/nights now.

Thanks Grant for the assist.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (03-06-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This installed and is running perfectly, Tcm. Thanks. But what is the interaction between your engine variable (1, 2, 3) in the config.js and the Accuweather versus Yahoo touch parameter in the Daisy? Which one overrides what?

Thanks, Brian.. I'd forgotten that Dacal used that as his cache location for the Daisy.. But interesting that clearing the Safari cache did NOT make Tcm's last version of the cydget start working again. So it wasn't just as simple as adding the new Javascript folder and the new config.js file and clearing Safari cache.
    If I understand your question (and the code ) correctly this is what happens:

We start with a clean phone or a new folder under LockCydgets (not sure if each folder has it's own cookies, I would assume so but I'd have to test). Let's assume the Config.js usedWeatherEngine is set to 3 (Widget Weather). From now on I'll refer to usedWeatherEngine as "value".

1) Program started (value = undefined, cookie = undefined)
    2) Config.js is loaded, variable is declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = undefined)
    3) At the end of the weather init function, a cookie is created (value = 3, cookie =3)
    4) Widget Weather comes up (number 3).
    5) We open the daisy menu and hit refresh. The cookie is deleted and the program is reloaded (value = undefined, cookie = undefined)
    6) Config.js is loaded, declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = undefined)
    7) At the end of the weather init function, a cookie is created (value =3, cookie = 3)
    8) Widget Weather comes up (number 3).
    9) We open the daisy menu and hit "Switch to Yahoo". (value = 1, cookie = 3)
    10) immediately the cookie is updated (in the touchchoose function). (value = 1, cookie = 1)
    11) The program is reloaded (value = undefined, cookie = 1)
    12) Config.js is loaded, declared and initiated (value = 3, cookie = 1)
    13) At the start of the main.js, the cookie is loaded if it exists. (value = 1, cookie = 1).
    14) Yahoo comes up (number 1).

When rebooting, respringing, or unlock/lock, etc ... we start at step 11.

So, the cookie is always leading. If there isn't a cookie, then the Config.js value is used. This is the same behaviour as the stock UniAW6.4. All I did was replace the useAccuweather boolean (only true/false) to a usedWeatherEngine number (allowing more than 2 engines).
    Why clearing your cookies doesn't work, I have no idea. Maybe Saurik has an answer on that one.

Glad the full version does work for you. And do you like the result? Has anyone else tried it? I'd love to get some feedback.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

Platini2000 (03-06-2014)