Page 785 of 875 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775783784785786787 795 835 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

yesterday 20:00 german time --> 7.0.6 patched on my i5s
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

Thanks
    Thanked 21,630 Times in 4,335 Posts

I swear, I got the iph5 done to 7.0.6, jailbroke it then the update for the iph4S still said 7.0.6 but when it was done is was blinking 7.1 that was actually installed, so I was just minutes too late with the iph4S
    Now Evasi0n say they might do a JB for 7.1 "if they can be bothered or get bored" grrrrrr...

Both eyes done now, the one I got yesterday is no longer sore & I can see very small print with it, the one I got a few hours ago is still painful (like sand in the eye) and still fully dilated so not clear vision yet, both eyes are extremely red - Alpha wolf"

Got to go back in 2 months for "Yag Laser", doc says it will further improve vision about 20%, this one gets rid of streaks around bright light in the night.

All in all, it's a very horrible, uncomfortable horror movie type of operation but relatively painless (apart from the first 6hrs or so after the surgery), it's also a little expensive (4,000 Euro's) but to me, well worth it.

No reading, no heavy lifting, no bending over & would you believe no sex for 2 weeks Yeah right, I'll just let my partner do all the work.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-14-2014 at 07:04 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-15-2014), lostinthemes (03-16-2014), menard_00 (03-14-2014), RKO1195 (03-14-2014), Simon (03-14-2014), The.Drifter (03-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

I had a 5c the other day that did a similar thing. It wanted to go to 7.0.6 first before 7.1 was even being offered for it. I figured iTunes was just bugging out and it was saying 7.0.6 but would actually go to 7.1. Surprised me when it went to 7.0.6 first. Was odd.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-14-2014), King_O_Hill (03-15-2014)

Well I'm very glad, Ian, that you got your 5 to 7.0.6.. Though the tweak SSLPatch from Cydia would have fixed the security bug in 7.0.4 for ya.. There was no other compelling need to go to 7.0.6..

Interesting that the signing window around the globe changes at different times.

Love that you can already notice the result in the "reading" eye this recently after surgery. Getting used to leaning on one eye or the other when looking close or far takes a little getting used to from what my two friends have told me - that had your same surgery. But they say after the first couple of weeks you don't even perceive that you have "different halves" to your vision path.. The one guy said he experienced some early very slight double vision - but it was short- lived..

PM me what the "horror" aspect of the surgery itself was like.. I'm thinking about doing that surgery myself.. But I like to know what I'm getting into..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-14-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

PM me what the "horror" aspect of the surgery itself was like.. I'm thinking about doing that surgery myself.. But I like to know what I'm getting into..
    I'll do it right here since there are a few of us getting on a bit.

They told me via email that it would take 2.5hrs, now I know that this is from the time you enter the clinic, the operation itself takes about 20 minutes.

The 1st day is all the eye tests, I went through about 7 machines testing all things, nothing hurts or unpleasant here, then a talk with the doc to see what he recommends.

Day 2.
    It took them 1.5hrs to get me pupil fully dilated using drops every 15 minutes.
    Note when your pupil is fully dilated your vision is very blurry, they give you a pain killer tablet.
    Then into the room to cover me in hospital clothes & a hat thing.
    Into the 1st operating room, lay on the bed and the doc fits a suction cup thing on your eye, (there is a fair amount of pressure applied with this, I thought my eye was going to pop out )
    Next, position the bed under this huge machine, the machine comes in close and lands on the suction cup excerpting even more pressure, then it feels like your eye is submerged under water.
    Next follows the extremely bright laser light show, kinda like a kaleidoscope but with laser sharp images, this goes on for 5 minutes (during this you feel a few taps on your eye but nothing really painful) then your pulled out and suction cup removed.
    The doc then takes you into another room & examines your eye again then applies a load of antiseptic stuff all around your eye, this stings like hell.
    Into the final operating room, again on a bed and positioned correctly, something else is placed on your eye to hold it open (didn't see exactly what it was but like a small plastic pipe thing)
    Then the bloody brightest light you ever saw in your life followed by the surgeon poking about with your eye for another 10 - 12 minutes.
    Your done, nurse places a bandage over your eye and gives you a sedative so you can go home for a nap, your told to remove the bandage 4hrs later then apply the eye drops every 4hrs.
    Your eye feels like there is sand in it but after a 4hr nap this feeling was almost gone.
    The dilating drops took about 10hrs to wear off in my case, they said my eyes were very hard to get dilated and they used a lot of drops for me so this may vary.

Don't know how long the red eye lasts for as still have it.

Difficult to really put the experience into words, but I can guarentee you will find it very unpleasant, thank God it's over in 20 minutes! BUT.. well worth it for me.

Next day (usually the next week but I was a special case as was in a hurry to get it done) - Repeat all the above for the other eye.

Throw away your glasses.

Forget to mention that I was told by the staff that this cataract surgery is normally covered by insurance so check it out for your self, I don't have any insurance so I pay my own way.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-14-2014 at 08:50 AM.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

bliken (03-14-2014), blkmini (03-14-2014), King_O_Hill (03-15-2014), lostinthemes (03-16-2014), MegaTechMann (03-15-2014), menard_00 (03-14-2014), meth357 (03-15-2014), nassermoli (03-14-2014), nik1975 (03-14-2014), pioneer88 (03-14-2014), RKO1195 (03-14-2014), Simon (03-14-2014), The.Drifter (03-15-2014)

Glad you feel better Ian and the eye is ok. Got lucky on the iPhone 5 that's sweet

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-14-2014)

Thank you very much. Thank you, thank you. I searched everywhere and didnt find it. Thanks again. You are very kindly. Super Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi and my favorite DSG*******
    Thanks DSG

damn it, that description has me nauseous.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-14-2014)

Good day all

any one know how i can add an UFO on the nigth to my iwidget??.. i just add a jet by replacing a balloon lol i dunno nothing about modding well just a few things. if anyone can help me i will appreciatte it

-img_0307.png
    http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/SE_HoodGrapix/modmyicopy.jpg

Ian, Dacal, Marty..
    Do any of you remember a LS or SB widget that had the ability to clik on the screen and 'update the widget'? Was that by you, Dacal? And what did that button actually do? Did it just reset the update timer? Or did it actually kik WW or Yahoo JSON to send a new request and update either the myLoc.txt or widgetweather.xml file? Just trying to wrack my brain - remembering that there was such a function...

Ian, Dacal, Marty..
    Do any of you remember a LS or SB widget that had the ability to clik on the screen and 'update the widget'? Was that by you, Dacal? And what did that button actually do? Did it just reset the update timer? Or did it actually kik WW or Yahoo JSON to send a new request and update either the myLoc.txt or widgetweather.xml file? Just trying to wrack my brain - remembering that there was such a function...
    Schnedi iWidget pack in Cydia has one with refresh button

How about the "reload" button in the UniAW options menu? Not sure exactly what that "reloads" but looking at the source code for that might be a good place to start?

I have a couple of widgets with a "refresh" button Grant. PM me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    How about the "reload" button in the UniAW options menu? Not sure exactly what that "reloads" but looking at the source code for that might be a good place to start?

I have a couple of widgets with a "refresh" button Grant. PM me if you want.
    What does the refresh 'specifically' refresh?

Thanks, also, MJ..

What does the refresh 'specifically' refresh?

Thanks, also, MJ..
    I believe the bread and butter of the "refresh" or "reload" button is "window.location.reload();". Not 100% sure but I think that reloads the entire widget and all js functions including JSON calls. If we're talking Widget Weather, it won't update the XML file (as that timer is set in the WW settings app) but it will "re-fetch" the information from the XML.

Maybe someone can let us know if I'm right or wrong here?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-17-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-16-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    I believe the bread and butter of the "refresh" or "reload" button is "window.location.reload();". Not 100% sure but I think that reloads the entire widget and all js functions including JSON calls. If we're talking Widget Weather, it won't update the XML file (as that timer is set in the WW settings app) but it will "re-fetch" the information from the XML.

Maybe someone can let us know if I'm right or wrong here?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ogkikz View Post
    any one know how i can add an UFO on the nigth to my iwidget??.. i just add a jet by replacing a balloon lol i dunno nothing about modding well just a few things. if anyone can help me i will appreciatte it

-img_0307.png
    If you only want it at night then I think most guys replace one of the cloud images in the "Images/Weather/cloud/night" folder, but this will give you a very slow moving UFO (same speed as the clouds), much better you add a completely new code for it but this is a lot more work in multiple weather conditions.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2014 at 01:18 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-16-2014), Marty McFly (03-16-2014)

Hello Ian, I read that your eyes are well. Maybe even better by now? Glad to see it is working out! Scary sh1t for sure bro!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hello Ian, I read that your eyes are well. Maybe even better by now? Glad to see it is working out! Scary sh1t for sure bro!
    Thanks Brian, but all not well yet, the first one I got (left eye for close things) was great the day after the operation, the second one (for distance objects) is still very blurry after 2 days now, I see no difference in it yet, I hope it comes ok soon & all is ok, I have another check up back in Hong Kong on Monday 24th but I may go earlier if things don't improve over the next 2 or 3 days.
    Now I'm back in the Philippines.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-16-2014), Marty McFly (03-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    LOL... man, I don't need the surgery after all, just those glasses & a 27inch iMac, & with these glasses I can become the new mascot for Google. $$$

I had that surgery abaout 5 years ago on both of my eyes a space of 15 days between them, I think it is necessary to see the best results, one day is not enough,
    The process is sucking your original lens with a machine and placing an acrilic lens instead of it, that lens they put inside, has the grades of your vision so at the end, they replace your contacts lenses or glasses inside of your eyes. You'll never use glasses again for myophy but to read something you may use glasses for your hymerpetrophy, depending on your age.
    The reason of the acrilic is, that material has no allergy in the human body, as far as I know the best mark in the world for it is Alcon.
    I used glasses till my age of 7 abaut 40 years and throw them away at 47 and so happy now, it will last you good Ian, dont be afraid...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Correct.
    Thank you Ian.

Wishing you a speedy recovery bro. Thinking of you man. I know it doesn't mean much from someone on the other side of the world but if I can do anything for you, I'm here pal.

-------------------------------------------

Not sure if any of you did any web design in the 90's but this is too funny not to share:

http://zachholman.com/posts/only-90s...l&utm_term=fav

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-16-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-16-2014), The.Drifter (03-16-2014)

Page 785 of 875 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775783784785786787 795 835 ... LastLast