+ Reply
Page 784 of 879 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774782783784785786 794 834 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,680 of 17573

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill Just FYI, The WW XML file does include WoeID and the location ID (USIN1234) along with the current coordinates. In theory, if you could write to
...
  1. #15661
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    4,957
    Thanks
    7,611
    Thanked 19,237 Times in 3,922 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just FYI,

    The WW XML file does include WoeID and the location ID (USIN1234) along with the current coordinates. In theory, if you could write to the XML file, I have to think that will be rather difficult to keep updating the XML file with AW info. I can speak to the WW team and see if it is possible to include AW info or possibly any additional feed. I have a few ideas, but would like to get some input here first to see if this is something that we want.
    Hi Brain,

    M8, I don't know what I'm thinking, we don't need it. Since the WW version has no demo mode I can make a little demo mode just with the AccuWeather info so it will show up on the screen when offline.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-04-2014), Platini2000 (03-04-2014)

  3. #15662
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    I already got something working with WW and AW for moon and UV. It's by no means perfect, optimised or even finished, but it does work. I'll upload the JavaScript tonight (can't do it from my phone).

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014), King_O_Hill (03-04-2014), menard_00 (03-04-2014)

  5. #15663
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    4,957
    Thanks
    7,611
    Thanked 19,237 Times in 3,922 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I already got something working with WW and AW for moon and UV. It's by no means perfect, optimised or even finished, but it does work. I'll upload the JavaScript tonight (can't do it from my phone).
    Thanks!

    I should send you my WW version so were on the same page, but when I get yours I can amend my changes into it, i hope LOL

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-04-2014)

  7. #15664
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Here's the (WIP) javascript code. Anyone who wants to try can just completely replace the javascript folder in the cydget version.

    All base and admospheric info is fetched from Widget Weather
    Existing accuweather location code is used to determine accuweather location.
    Moon info and UV index are fetched from AccuWeather

    Moonrise and set are a bit weird here (12:33 and 3:42)
    Not much done for offline situations yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014), King_O_Hill (03-04-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), Marty McFly (03-04-2014), RKO1195 (03-04-2014)

  9. #15665
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Yes, I have work email so passcode is a requirement. Any tweaks to bypass it altogether so I can run LHTML3 without crashes?
    If you're willing to run a tweak that bypasses the need to have your passcode on - but still get your work email - that's what I use. It's called Exchange Policy Cleaner in Cydia..
    1)Remove your work email..
    2)Turn off passcode
    3)Install Exchange Policy Cleaner
    4) Readd your work email..
    ---all will work and no more crashing with LockHTML3 or even GroovyLock with any level of animation. Your problems will be solved.

    There is no other choice for those of you with work emails that require passcode lock.

    Good luck,
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-04-2014 at 10:07 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    bliken (03-04-2014), King_O_Hill (03-04-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), Marty McFly (03-04-2014)

  11. #15666
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    41,420
    Thanked 17,512 Times in 6,400 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Brain,

    M8, I don't know what I'm thinking, we don't need it. Since the WW version has no demo mode I can make a little demo mode just with the AccuWeather info so it will show up on the screen when offline.
    Ok, works for me!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014)

  13. #15667
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Here's the (WIP) javascript code. Anyone who wants to try can just completely replace the javascript folder in the cydget version.

    All base and admospheric info is fetched from Widget Weather
    Existing accuweather location code is used to determine accuweather location.
    Moon info and UV index are fetched from AccuWeather

    Moonrise and set are a bit weird here (12:33 and 3:42)
    Not much done for offline situations yet.
    Tcm.. New JavaScript worked after a respring in Cydgets . But hitting Reload For Fresh Start in the Daisy - breaks the widget entirely for me.. Black screen with clock set at noon..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #15668
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Get Androidlock XT. It allows to bypass the passcode, but you will still be served a passcode if you're in safemode. Or (unfortunately) when you just did a respring (then you get both).
    AndroidLock XT doesn't work with IntelliScreen X7 at all. I was the only tester for AndroidLock XT.

  15. #15669
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Tcm.. New JavaScript worked after a respring in Cydgets . But hitting Reload For Fresh Start in the Daisy - breaks the widget entirely for me.. Black screen with clock set at noon..
    A reload seems to switch to accuweather for me, so I'm guessing you have gps on. Since UniAW6_WW.js isn't reloaded yet, it'll double those functions I copied from location_accuweather.js. If you have gps on and thus call UpdateLocation, it's not clear which function needs to be called, resulting in a break.

    As said before, it's kind of hacked in and by no means ready. Still, I didn't want to wait to show off ;p

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    AndroidLock XT doesn't work with IntelliScreen X7 at all. I was the only tester for AndroidLock XT.
    I don't use IntelliScreen, but I'm sure the creator of AndroidLock XT will make it compatible in due time.
    Last edited by tcm1998; 03-04-2014 at 11:47 AM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014)

  17. #15670
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    A reload seems to switch to accuweather for me, so I'm guessing you have gps on. Since UniAW6_WW.js isn't reloaded yet, it'll double those functions I copied from location_accuweather.js. If you have gps on and thus call UpdateLocation, it's not clear which function needs to be called, resulting in a break.

    As said before, it's kind of hacked in and by no means ready. Still, I didn't want to wait to show off ;p
    Yes.. But how do I get it working again? Even after putting the original JavaScript folder back in the Cydget folder and respringing from within Cydgets, the widget is broken. As if a cache file got stuck somewhere.. Any thoughts?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. #15671
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes.. But how do I get it working again? Even after putting the original JavaScript folder back in the Cydget folder and respringing from within Cydgets, the widget is broken. As if a cache file got stuck somewhere.. Any thoughts?
    eh no, nothing is stored. If you put back the original js folder, things should revert back to normal.

    I wonder if the cookie is messed up. Could you try to clear your browser cookies?
    Last edited by tcm1998; 03-04-2014 at 12:44 PM.

  19. #15672
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Browser cookies? From mobile safari?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. #15673
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    I assume those cookies are used here as well, yeah. Where else could the cookies be stored?

  21. #15674
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I assume those cookies are used here as well, yeah. Where else could the cookies be stored?
    Clearing Mobile Safari cookies did nothing. Still widget was dead. I had to reinstall from your original zip to get UniAW.cydget to work again. So there's something in there wrong. It's a very repeatable bug as I did it on three different phones to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
    1) Change name of original JavaScript folder to JavaScript-old
    2) Add new JavaScript folder
    3) Respring from within Cydgets
    4) Lock and unlock phone - UniAW loads fine
    5) Clik on Daisey - hit RELOAD FOR FRESH START
    6) Widget dead - unclikable
    7) Go back into LockCydgets/UniAW - remove JavaScript folder (new one)
    8) Rename JavaScript-old to JavaScript
    9) Respring from within Cydgets
    -----widget still dead.

    Very repeatable bug, Tcm. Try it yourself. Same thing on a 4S, 5 and my 5S all on 7.0.6. The 4S and the 5 only have Winterboard, Widget Weather and Cydgets installed. So it's not a tweak conflict issue.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  22. #15675
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,197
    Thanks
    4,257
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

    Guys, on a side note, iOS 7.1 will be released on Thursday, 3/6. If your iPhones, iPads, are in the least bit unstable, I would recommend a DFU restore to 7.0.6 (set up as new with NO backup) followed by a re-jailbreak with evasi0n 1.0.7 before the opportunity closes. I know it's a pain in the backside, but I restored all my devices yesterday, in anticipation for this very thing. We don't know if there will be a JB for 7.1, so if you've had even one safe mode crash in the last week or so, I'd strongly recommend it. And you'll have a clean fresh device. Completely up to you.

  23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    bliken (03-04-2014), chevymusclecar (03-04-2014), Dacal (03-04-2014), DannyZ83 (03-04-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014), King_O_Hill (03-05-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), menard_00 (03-05-2014), NewdestinyX (03-04-2014), nik1975 (03-04-2014), tcm1998 (03-04-2014)

  24. #15676
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Good heads up, MJ!! Thanks!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  25. #15677
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Very repeatable bug, Tcm. Try it yourself. Same thing on a 4S, 5 and my 5S all on 7.0.6. The 4S and the 5 only have Winterboard, Widget Weather and Cydgets installed. So it's not a tweak conflict issue.
    Glad you got it working, but I'm not going to debug code that is hacked in the way this is. It was just a preview that I got the combination engine running, nothing else. And mostly for Ian.

    Sorry you got cought up in trouble. I'll be more clear not to try things like that next time.

    And thanks MJ. Great to know it BEFORE Apple rolls out

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    MamaJaay (03-05-2014)

  27. #15678
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Updated version:

    - Switching between yahoo, accuweather and widget weather works.
    - Reloading through the daisy menu or home button works.

    still not optimized or done anything about offline situations.
    still javascript only version, only for testing.

    Note: I've added a Config.js. useAccuweather is no longer used. That's replaced by usedWeatherEngine, which is 1,2, or 3 (see comments in the config).

    Sorry for any inconvience I've caused with the previous version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tcm1998; 03-05-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: reuploaded, forgot to remove a line (doesn't seem to have a functional change though)

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (03-05-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-05-2014), King_O_Hill (03-05-2014), menard_00 (03-05-2014)

  29. #15679
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,225
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 4,535 Posts

    Thanks Tcm..but did you forget to upload the config.js you are referring to there? All that's in the upload package is the JavaScript folder. And when I add it to the widget, like last time, the widget fails. Any thoughts?

    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  30. #15680
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 204 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks Tcm..but did you forget to upload the config.js you are referring to there? All that's in the upload package is the JavaScript folder. And when I add it to the widget, like last time, the widget fails. Any thoughts?
    Weird, if I download it back, there's a Config.js next to the Javascript folder in the zip, but it's easy to fix.
    replace the useAccuweather line in Config.js with :

    Code:
    var usedWeatherEngine = 3; // 1 = Yahoo, 2 = Accuweather, 3 = Widget Weather
    and it should work fine.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-05-2014), NewdestinyX (03-05-2014)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts