Page 776 of 884 FirstFirst ... 276 676 726 766774775776777778 786 826 876 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 17670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    But your research led you to state that it wasn't a bad bug? Which is it? Lol you make me laugh NewD
    You're behind about 9 or 10 posts in other threads where I share how several devs - whose input I took - also have concluded now that it was worse than originally thought.. I sure did research, Gunny, as always.. this time I got bad intel. What I wasn't wrong on - and you and the alarmists were wrong about.. Is that the only time you were unsecure was on public hotspots. You were never in danger in home secure wifi or work secure wifi. This was incorrectly stated in early "alarmist" reports. But I agree - that my intel about the size of the bug was "off by a mile". I'm pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ Grant,

The thing that got to me was that my friend was playing games on it most of the 12hr shift, when my iPhone hit zero percent he was at 65!
    Normally I don't care about battery as usually have my Mac with me, but not in this site, so now realise if I play a lit till my phone will not last 12hrs.
    Yesterday I switched off the UniAW and switched on aeroplane mode - there was still no comparison, the S3 last twice as long, and on sites like this one I need a lasting battery without having bulky battery packs.

So for me, I'm thinking this will be the last iPhone.
    I'm also not interested in a bigger screen, the iphone4 was perfect size for me, I preferred it over the i5 which I find too long.
    Wish I never gave away my 4S I would gladly swap my i5 for a 4S again but my button is broken so nobody wants it.
    And like you say, I think IOS7 cosmetics are crap too.
    Yep.. I hear that.. Haven't been happy with an iPhone battery since iPhone 4.

But there's one other thing you need to check, Ian, that most users don't know about on iOS 7 that's auto switched on from loading of the firmware.. Going into settings --> General --> Background App Refresh and simply turn off that damn switch. It's a battery sucker and you don't need it for anything. If that swhitch is on for you… you're about to get back 30% battery power per day.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-27-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Padgoi (02-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,943 Times in 4,005 Posts

Thanks for the tip Grant, it was on so we will see if it makes any difference.
    I notice "Weather" is in this setting, will switching this off effect WidgetWeather updates?

I'm on 80% already (3hrs usage) & my friend is at 95%, he loves bragging about it too.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 02-27-2014 at 09:38 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-27-2014), RKO1195 (02-27-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,981 Times in 6,537 Posts

You don't need it for WW Ian.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014)

Widget Weather taking over UNIAW. I like it. So much simpler to just manage your preferences like location, time format, degrees, etc from inside the settings app. Can't for the life of me understand why some people refuse to use it. Oh well, say la vie.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (02-27-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), King_O_Hill (02-27-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014)

Thanks

Some people are just dicks!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (02-27-2014), Krima (02-27-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But there's one other thing you need to check, Ian, that most users don't know about on iOS 7 that's auto switched on from loading of the firmware.. Going into settings --> General --> Background App Refresh and simply turn off that damn switch. It's a battery sucker and you don't need it for anything. If that swhitch is on for you… you're about to get back 30% battery power per day.
    Thanks for the tip, ND

Turning that switch off want help you much Ian it's the dam iOS 7 lol.. Stay safe bud.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), King_O_Hill (02-27-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrillaoGrillain View Post
    Hi! Could anyone tell me how to do to put astronaut on the widget at night?

I know it's the icon in the windget, but do not know how to activate it to come out on the widget.

Thanks.

Widget is "Drifters UniAW6_iW_ANYM_ONLY"

Attachment 659177
    Ok, where is this widget located? I don't see it in Cydia. And what winterboard theme is that?

Hi,

I'm so sorry, internet connection where I am is practically non existent, maybe best you post the complete widget here for all to test, I'm going to be sort of out of commission for another month.

Would be good if you could email me the new widget without the images folder so if I can get a decent connection I can get a hold of it.

Thanks for your work
    [email protected]
    @ tcm,

Hi, I'm not sure what you have done so far M8, but my thinking was this:
    Since Widget Weather tweak is so good I see no point in including a Yahoo side at all.
    I think all future versions should be WW only, (it would just be a requirement for the UniAW) with a call to Accuweather in the script for the info WW doesn't have. I hope this is agreeable with all.

But I also would keep a copy of things like they are as I'm going to add UniAW to Android, sorry all but I see my colleagues here with S3 mini and battery outlasts the iPhone almost 3 times longer! So when I reach Hong Kong in a month for my laser eye surgery, I'm going to get a S4 mini (dual sim).
    I'll attach the full zip as well as the javascript only. I will also send the javascript to your mail. I assume the second "y" in your emailaddress is either spam protection or a typo? So far I've only looked at the cydget version, but I'm pretty sure the other version won't differ very much.

I'm not too happy to hear you plan to stop with yahoo. First and foremost because yahoo is the only engine I use and seems to give the most accurate forcast outhere. Not sure what engine WW uses. Part of my optimization, as described in the log, splits the "getting weather" part from the display code. This way it should be easy to add engines (e.g. WW or Weather.com). And if a user (or modder) thinks it's too much, they can also be removed as easily. But of course it's your call.

Good luck porting this baby to android. I have tried the code on several browsers and it only seem to run correctly on safari. Browser incompatibility is one of the worst nightmares in web development. I'll be happy to beta test for you though. I still have a samsung galaxy S in fine condition. Old, yes, but it's running android 4.

Edit: I'll add the javascript only version right now. I'll edit the 2nd attachment in when the attachment manager FINALLY is done uploading. How long is that suppose to take anyway?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tcm1998; 02-28-2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: reuploaded attachment

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (02-27-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), King_O_Hill (02-27-2014), kristatos (05-17-2014), NewdestinyX (02-27-2014)

Thanks for the tip Grant, it was on so we will see if it makes any difference.
    I notice "Weather" is in this setting, will switching this off effect WidgetWeather updates?

I'm on 80% already (3hrs usage) & my friend is at 95%, he loves bragging about it too.
    You also have to compare what's running on your phone compared to his. Is his:
    1)BlueTooth on?
    2)Push Mail on?
    3)Brightness at more than 60%
    ...all huge battery hogs

Another tip.. Go into Settings --> Privacy --> Location Services --> System
    -- turn off every switch in that window except maybe Traffic (which reports the position of your car to the global grid).. There's nothing in that window you need and it's worth another 10-25% a day of battery..

When I had my S3 about a year ago -side by side with iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 - setting for setting aligned -- both had about equal battery life in a 12 hour period.

I also believe iOS 7 is in this equation too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-27-2014 at 01:54 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (02-28-2014)

Does the .dylib version support SB animations behind icons yet? Also, have widgetWeather and myLocation been updated for iOS 7? If they have, are they (or something else) better solutions for proper SB animations?

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I'm not too happy to hear you plan to stop with yahoo. First and foremost because yahoo is the only engine I use and seems to give the most accurate forcast outhere. Not sure what engine WW uses. Part of my optimization, as described in the log, splits the "getting weather" part from the display code. This way it should be easy to add engines (e.g. WW or Weather.com). And if a user (or modder) thinks it's too much, they can also be removed as easily. But of course it's your call.
    Tcm... (thanks for you work, by the way!!!!) I think you're confused. WW (Widget Weather) is not another JSON call (free API) service like the one used in UniAW. It's an engine - that, itself, grabs Yahoo data from our phone's Weather.app.. So it's a BETTER Yahoo feed than the free JSON many widgets have built into their location.js files.

Widget Weather 'hacks into' the Weather.app - gets its YAHOO data and puts it in an XML file - that individual widgets then access the weather and location data from. Weather.com, Accuweather, YahooApis and Google and Weather Underground all have free API JSON call service. Widget Weather is not a Free-API JSON call service.

Is what I'm saying making any sense? Widget Weather STILL uses 'accurate' Yahoo data.. from within our phones.

I hope that makes some sense.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-27-2014 at 01:53 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), King_O_Hill (02-27-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trclocke View Post
    Does the .dylib version support SB animations behind icons yet? Also, have widgetWeather and myLocation been updated for iOS 7? If they have, are they (or something else) better solutions for proper SB animations?
    WidgetWeather has been updated and will also create the myLocation.txt file without the need for the MyLocation app.

@tcm

WidgetWeather pulls from yahoo. It's just the same data as the stock weather app, not from their beta feed.

Or, just like Newd said
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-27-2014 at 01:56 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-27-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Ok, where is this widget located? I don't see it in Cydia. And what winterboard theme is that?
    The theme is Nux. The widget I have downloaded in this post in a pack.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GrillaoGrillain For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (02-28-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rjr1124's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone tell me why timed walls won't show up? I download it, open in ifile, unarchive it, copy and paste the timed walls.theme folder into the iwidgets folder and it still doesn't show up. As you can see in the third picture I've already installed 2 widgets
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393550339.942267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393550365.739662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393550375.174780.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Can someone tell me why timed walls won't show up? I download it, open in ifile, unarchive it, copy and paste the timed walls.theme folder into the iwidgets folder and it still doesn't show up. As you can see in the third picture I've already installed 2 widgets
    Timedwalls only is not an iWidget, you could make it into one but not recommended as the wallpapers would sit on top of all your SB icons.

I was designed for Winterboard, but since WB is crap now the TimedWalls Only theme is pretty much only good for use on the LS.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-28-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rjr1124's Avatar
    Thanks

Timedwalls only is not an iWidget, you could make it into one but not recommended as the wallpapers would sit on top of all your SB icons.

I was designed for Winterboard, but since WB is crap now the TimedWalls Only theme is pretty much only good for use on the LS.
    Could I put it into groovylock?!!? I absolutely love the pictures. Sooo clean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Could I put it into groovylock?!!? I absolutely love the pictures. Sooo clean
    I guess so but I never used it so don't know what you have to modify (make it a cydget or just change html name).
    To be honest I am not clued up on all the LS tweaks but I'm sure there is an easy way. Maybe one of the other guys here can chip in.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-28-2014)

Change Wallpaper.html to LockBackground.html, place the whole folder in var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock

33. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014)

@ Grant,

The thing that got to me was that my friend was playing games on it most of the 12hr shift, when my iPhone hit zero percent he was at 65!
    Normally I don't care about battery as usually have my Mac with me, but not in this site, so now realise if I play a lit till my phone will not last 12hrs.
    Yesterday I switched off the UniAW and switched on aeroplane mode - there was still no comparison, the S3 last twice as long, and on sites like this one I need a lasting battery without having bulky battery packs.

So for me, I'm thinking this will be the last iPhone.
    I'm also not interested in a bigger screen, the iphone4 was perfect size for me, I preferred it over the i5 which I find too long.
    Wish I never gave away my 4S I would gladly swap my i5 for a 4S again but my button is broken so nobody wants it.
    And like you say, I think IOS7 cosmetics are crap too.
    DONT JUMP SHIP IAN!! Get a mophie juice pack air or plus!!! Doesn't add too much bulk!!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), jepp376 (02-28-2014)

Page 776 of 884 FirstFirst ... 276 676 726 766774775776777778 786 826 876 ... LastLast