Page 775 of 875 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765773774775776777 785 825 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Get well soon, Marty!
    Thanks so much MJ! Love you girl.

I just left a post in your thread. Was going to PM it. I hope it's ok that I didn't?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2014)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (03-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks tcm.

I think I will attempt to do something similar, but will have the weather.js like yours with a separate WidgetWeather.js & a separate (small) AccuWeather just for the extra stuff

is it possible with your code to use two sources at the same time?
    I was also thinking about scrapping the location files as everybody uses GPS (I think).
    That setup sounds pretty good. Now, I have been thinking on ways to combine things. I assume you want to have all data from WW, so that doesn't need tampering. We could spit the accuweather fetchWeatherData function up in atleast two parts. One that cointains the data we want for WW+AW and one that contains the rest. That way we could still get ALL data when using AW only. A bit like so ... (not tested, just brainstorming).

Code:
    function fetchWeatherData(){
        fetchBaseData();
        fetchExtraData();
    }

function fetchBaseData()
    {
    // only needed for AW only, temperature, wind, etc, ...
    }

function fetchExtraData()
    {
    // also used for WW+AW (whatever data you need from AW).
    }
    then in UniAW6_WW.js (or whatever your file is called)

Code:
    function weatherRefresherTemp(zip) {
      var obj = {};  // empty object 
      fetchWeatherData(obj);	// from WW, note the obj parameter (by reference). Fill in the WW data			       
      fetchExtraData(obj);  // from the AW file. Fill in the rest of the data.
      dealWithWeather(obj);   // call this directly rather than a callback, but that shouldn't matter.
    }
    Of course when both the AW as the WW versions are loaded, function names should be unique or (even better) hidden in classes (something like WW.fetchWeatherData() vs AW.fetchWeatherData(). I'll have to look into the details how to do that, though.

I don't think you want to scrape the location files. If you enter the woeid or yahoo ID (XXXXnnnn) directly with GPS=false, you wouldn't need the location files. However if you go by coordinates, you'll need it to convert longitude/latitude to a location ID. I also had a look at the WidgetWeather.xml and I think the only way to determine AW location from the WW data is through the coordinates. Thankfully, those coordinates are always returned whether you have gps on or off.

Hopes this helps

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (03-03-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-03-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), The.Drifter (03-03-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Splatty79's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys would someone be kind enough to help me add a hi/lo temp and a weather icon to chevys uniaw 6.4 iwidget? I know they are their on the touch screen but would like them so I can always see them. I would like the icon like the elite7 widget, bottom middle on the line of the iwidget. Thanks so much ImageUploadedByModMyi1393881165.528297.jpg

grrrr I cant find mamas post for evasi0n without ios check

Been having major issues with safe modes lately so decided to delete LHTML3 altogether and run with Forecast for a while and see how it goes. Is the optimized cydget that tmc posted running without safe modes? I can't tolerate these crashes anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,669 Times in 4,343 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    That setup sounds pretty good. Now, I have been thinking on ways to combine things. I assume you want to have all data from WW, so that doesn't need tampering. We could spit the accuweather fetchWeatherData function up in atleast two parts. One that cointains the data we want for WW+AW and one that contains the rest. That way we could still get ALL data when using AW only. A bit like so ... (not tested, just brainstorming).

Code:
    function fetchWeatherData(){
        fetchBaseData();
        fetchExtraData();
    }

function fetchBaseData()
    {
    // only needed for AW only, temperature, wind, etc, ...
    }

function fetchExtraData()
    {
    // also used for WW+AW (whatever data you need from AW).
    }
    then in UniAW6_WW.js (or whatever your file is called)

Code:
    function weatherRefresherTemp(zip) {
      var obj = {};  // empty object 
      fetchWeatherData(obj);	// from WW, note the obj parameter (by reference). Fill in the WW data			       
      fetchExtraData(obj);  // from the AW file. Fill in the rest of the data.
      dealWithWeather(obj);   // call this directly rather than a callback, but that shouldn't matter.
    }
    Of course when both the AW as the WW versions are loaded, function names should be unique or (even better) hidden in classes (something like WW.fetchWeatherData() vs AW.fetchWeatherData(). I'll have to look into the details how to do that, though.

I don't think you want to scrape the location files. If you enter the woeid or yahoo ID (XXXXnnnn) directly with GPS=false, you wouldn't need the location files. However if you go by coordinates, you'll need it to convert longitude/latitude to a location ID. I also had a look at the WidgetWeather.xml and I think the only way to determine AW location from the WW data is through the coordinates. Thankfully, those coordinates are always returned whether you have gps on or off.

Hopes this helps
    Thanks bud,

I'm going to keep the location files.

My idea for combining the two was to have a small Acuu_WW.js file that would only get the UVIndex, full moon data & moonrise/set info (for me the moon info is important), then save this info to the WidgetWeather.xml file, then in the WW version we have all the data to call as usual.
    It's just an idea & not tried anything yet, & not sure yet how to (or if we can) write to the .xml file. What do you think about this way?

The reason is because when we are offline with WW version we still get the info from the .xml file on screen but the AccuWeather data is lost leaving gaps on the screen, there is no need for a demo function in WW version as we just use the latest .xml info.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-03-2014 at 06:41 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), Marty McFly (03-03-2014), pioneer88 (03-03-2014), Platini2000 (03-04-2014), Simon (03-04-2014), tcm1998 (03-03-2014), The.Drifter (03-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Been having major issues with safe modes lately so decided to delete LHTML3 altogether and run with Forecast for a while and see how it goes. Is the optimized cydget that tmc posted running without safe modes? I can't tolerate these crashes anymore.
    I haven't had a crash in weeks and run LockHTML3 and Cydgets and GroovyLock all.

Do you have to keep passcode lock on for your work email?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Updated UNIAW gif weather. Big thanks to Dacal for hooking me up with a version that only had normal uniaw animations going during Ian's timed walls. So it is pretty much a best of all worlds UNIAW LS (at least to me lol). Touch settings button, choose fullscreen weather walls and you get weather gifs. Timed walls for Ian's timed walls with UNIAW animation. Slideshow for same 300+ cool scaling transition walls that are found in DCL Slideshow LS. Also updated some of the gifs and added new ones, all can be downloaded separately from full package.

Link here to original post: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s...ml#post7028873

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (03-03-2014), Ian Nicoll (03-03-2014), King_O_Hill (03-03-2014), Krima (03-03-2014), lostinthemes (03-14-2014), nik1975 (03-03-2014), RKO1195 (03-04-2014), sethbossfan (03-04-2014), TeddyDiesel (03-04-2014), The_Durben (03-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Something I was messing with for a while. Don't really have the time to take it further right now so thought I'd share what I had. Basically it is UNIAW using full screen weather walls but the weather walls have been replaced with gifs for each condition. Looks pretty cool, especially the thunder ones. Not complete by any means, a few conditions have duplicates because I just couldnt find gifs better suiting them. Havent tried on the older devices so not sure how well the gifs will run on them. Should work with lockhtml or groovylock on ios7 and WB on ios6. Credits to Ian and Dacal for the base UNIAW running them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5n6IRi6ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXyn7RnOiU

Uniaw Gif Weather - YouTube

Oh ya, it's BIG, gifs tend to be a little larger than jpegs, you know how I do lol

Download[/url]
    simon can you share this with mediafire please i have 3 day try to download this LS gif i installer safari download manager and safari download enabler and nothing happening please share with mediafire sometime i can't sleep sorry for my bad english 😇
    Last edited by 07bony; 03-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I haven't had a crash in weeks and run LockHTML3 and Cydgets and GroovyLock all.

Do you have to keep passcode lock on for your work email?
    Yes, I have work email so passcode is a requirement. Any tweaks to bypass it altogether so I can run LHTML3 without crashes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07bony View Post
    simon can you share this with mediafire please i have 3 day try to download this LS gif i installer safari download manager and safari download enabler and nothing happening please share with mediafire sometime i can't sleep sorry for my bad english ��
    http://bit.ly/1fWY9Vh

Give it about 30 minutes though. Still uploading right now.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2014), Marty McFly (03-04-2014), nik1975 (03-04-2014)

My idea for combining the two was to have a small Acuu_WW.js file that would only get the UVIndex, full moon data & moonrise/set info (for me the moon info is important), then save this info to the WidgetWeather.xml file, then in the WW version we have all the data to call as usual.
    It's just an idea & not tried anything yet, & not sure yet how to (or if we can) write to the .xml file. What do you think about this way?

The reason is because when we are offline with WW version we still get the info from the .xml file on screen but the AccuWeather data is lost leaving gaps on the screen, there is no need for a demo function in WW version as we just use the latest .xml info.
    Thanks again.
    Unfortunately, no. The only files javascript is allowed to write are cookies and local storage. Writing to any other file on the users local filesystem is a security violation and is simply not possible. The only way to get around this is using server side scripting, but since we're running a local file locally, there IS not server involved. The same is true for getting the filenames of a local folder (I wanted to make UniAW automaticaly check the number of balloon images).

To fill those gaps, we could store the last result in a cookie or localstorage together with the last fetch date/time and display in it in a different color if it is no longer accurate. I guess mooninfo is accurate as long as the date of WW and the last AW fetch are the same or in the night after that. Say till the next sunset.

You could run the demo if the "last update date" of WW is older than e.g. 24 hours. That would leave the observations pretty useless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Yes, I have work email so passcode is a requirement. Any tweaks to bypass it altogether so I can run LHTML3 without crashes?
    Get Androidlock XT. It allows to bypass the passcode, but you will still be served a passcode if you're in safemode. Or (unfortunately) when you just did a respring (then you get both).
    Last edited by tcm1998; 03-03-2014 at 10:49 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 659 Posts

@Simon what is these numbers?46.00 56.00...ImageUploadedByModMyi1393909017.728908.jpg

Thanks bud,

Thanks again.
    Just FYI,

The WW XML file does include WoeID and the location ID (USIN1234) along with the current coordinates. In theory, if you could write to the XML file, I have to think that will be rather difficult to keep updating the XML file with AW info. I can speak to the WW team and see if it is possible to include AW info or possibly any additional feed. I have a few ideas, but would like to get some input here first to see if this is something that we want.

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Unfortunately, no. The only files javascript is allowed to write are cookies and local storage. Writing to any other file on the users local filesystem is a security violation and is simply not possible. The only way to get around this is using server side scripting, but since we're running a local file locally, there IS not server involved. The same is true for getting the filenames of a local folder (I wanted to make UniAW automaticaly check the number of balloon images).
    This is why I said in theory!

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    @Simon what is these numbers?46.00 56.00...ImageUploadedByModMyi1393909017.728908.jpg
    They are supposed to be hourly designations. Like 7:00, 8:00 etc
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-03-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-04-2014), nik1975 (03-04-2014), Simon (03-04-2014)

Thanks

@Simon,first of all thank you for your gif uniaw mod it is really awesome!So some things i ve noticed!
    First the hours for the weather is like116.00 126.00 and so on!I dont know why this happening
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393930441.814814.jpg
    And secondly i think it has an issue about the time!For example now it is 12.54 or 12.54pm the weather is partly cloudy,but the image is from night partly cloudy!Can you also fix this?
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393930575.065672.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1393930585.293846.jpg
    Thanks again!

Thanks

All good for me ImageUploadedByModMyi1393935359.563494.jpg

If I had to guess what is going on I'd say it may have to do with changes you may have made in the config file. Maybe to do with the translation if you changed the language. Or switching to 24 hour clock. Not sure without knowing what settings you have changed. All Uniaw stuff though I believe.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-04-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    All good for me ImageUploadedByModMyi1393935359.563494.jpg

If I had to guess what is going on I'd say it may have to do with changes you may have made in the config file. Maybe to do with the translation if you changed the language. Or switching to 24 hour clock. Not sure without knowing what settings you have changed. All Uniaw stuff though I believe.
    I ve didnt change anything because there is no config.js in the folder,i didnt change the 24hour format,it took it automaticattely!The same for the language

Update:Change it the celcius to farehneit ang 24 to 12 hours from the widget weather menu,and it is ok!So seems that the problem is with 24 hours and celcius config
    Last edited by nik1975; 03-04-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    I ve didnt change anything because there is no config.js in the folder,i didnt change the 24hour format,it took it automaticattely!The same for the language
    There is a config file in the folder. You aren't using lockhtml and chose to optimize it did you?

What about settings in Widget Weather? Do you have the atmospheric information turned on there? And what about 12 or 24 hr time set there?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-04-2014)

Page 775 of 875 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765773774775776777 785 825 ... LastLast