Page 769 of 875 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759767768769770771 779 819 869 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,380 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

  1. #15361
    My iPhone is a Part of Me rjr1124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sunland, California, United States
    Posts
    871
    Thanks
    1,863
    Thanked 734 Times in 385 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Timedwalls only is not an iWidget, you could make it into one but not recommended as the wallpapers would sit on top of all your SB icons.

    I was designed for Winterboard, but since WB is crap now the TimedWalls Only theme is pretty much only good for use on the LS.
    Could I put it into groovylock?!!? I absolutely love the pictures. Sooo clean

  2. #15362
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    8,473
    Thanked 21,628 Times in 4,335 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Could I put it into groovylock?!!? I absolutely love the pictures. Sooo clean
    I guess so but I never used it so don't know what you have to modify (make it a cydget or just change html name).
    To be honest I am not clued up on all the LS tweaks but I'm sure there is an easy way. Maybe one of the other guys here can chip in.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-28-2014)

  4. #15363
    Change Wallpaper.html to LockBackground.html, place the whole folder in var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014)

  6. #15364
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ Grant,

    The thing that got to me was that my friend was playing games on it most of the 12hr shift, when my iPhone hit zero percent he was at 65!
    Normally I don't care about battery as usually have my Mac with me, but not in this site, so now realise if I play a lit till my phone will not last 12hrs.
    Yesterday I switched off the UniAW and switched on aeroplane mode - there was still no comparison, the S3 last twice as long, and on sites like this one I need a lasting battery without having bulky battery packs.

    So for me, I'm thinking this will be the last iPhone.
    I'm also not interested in a bigger screen, the iphone4 was perfect size for me, I preferred it over the i5 which I find too long.
    Wish I never gave away my 4S I would gladly swap my i5 for a 4S again but my button is broken so nobody wants it.
    And like you say, I think IOS7 cosmetics are crap too.
    DONT JUMP SHIP IAN!! Get a mophie juice pack air or plus!!! Doesn't add too much bulk!!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-27-2014), jepp376 (02-28-2014)

  8. #15365
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Tcm... (thanks for you work, by the way!!!!) I think you're confused. WW (Widget Weather) is not another JSON call (free API) service like the one used in UniAW. It's an engine - that, itself, grabs Yahoo data from our phone's Weather.app.. So it's a BETTER Yahoo feed than the free JSON many widgets have built into their location.js files.

    Widget Weather 'hacks into' the Weather.app - gets its YAHOO data and puts it in an XML file - that individual widgets then access the weather and location data from. Weather.com, Accuweather, YahooApis and Google and Weather Underground all have free API JSON call service. Widget Weather is not a Free-API JSON call service.

    Is what I'm saying making any sense? Widget Weather STILL uses 'accurate' Yahoo data.. from within our phones.

    I hope that makes some sense.
    It does make sense, but personaly still think more choice is better. With my modifications, it really doesn't matter where the weather info comes from, yahoo, accuweather, a textfile, an xmlfile, a static or dynamic demo or whatever (Ok, the demo hasn't been split of, because that would lead to a functional change, but it IS easy to do now). The weather "fetch" function has been split up from the weather dispay function. This way maintaining 3 or 4 or even more weather engines is a piece of cake and won't result in much more code.One of the first things I want to do is add WW to the existing set of engines in the cydget version.

    I've had a quick look at the javascript code of the other UniAW downloads on the first page (as said, so far I'm only using the cydget version). I don't see a problem in combining everything into one truly UNIVERSAL version. Comparing everything I noticed there seem to be a few bug fixes that haven't been applied to all versions. One example of it is the GMT or GMT-1 with the sunrise/sunset times. Some version give GMT and some give GMT-1. There's no way both are right. Iirc that was with accuweather. Things like that are bound to happen with so many official verisons and even more mods.

    I tried uploading the full optimized cydget version, but gave up after more than 2 hours uploading. The attachment manager of modmyi just showed "busy". No progressbar, no indication that something was actually happening. How long does it take to upload 170MB using 6Mb upload speed? I'll try again today using my MAC, maybe that works better.

    Finally, I keep hearing complaints about there not being a springboard "under the icons" HTML engine in iOS7. This morning, I tried iWidget for the first time and noticed that my icons are still clickable underneath, even though I can't see them. I know it's cheating, but how about just displaying a picture of the icons on a transparent background on TOP of the weather IN UniAW. I think it should be easy to do and most people won't change a winning layout anyway. Yes, it does require the user to provide the picture, but then it should look the way we all (or most) want it. AND .. it also hides the fact that FolderIcons doesn't work on the 5S yet . UniAW is already displayed under my dock icons. Not sure if that's caused by Inifinidock and/or ClassicDock.

    edit: sorry for writing another essay
    Last edited by tcm1998; 02-28-2014 at 04:16 AM.

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (02-28-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), jepp376 (02-28-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), Krima (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), mcooper (02-28-2014), meth357 (03-01-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), The.Drifter (02-28-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014)

  10. #15366
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,406
    Thanks
    8,473
    Thanked 21,628 Times in 4,335 Posts

    @ tcm,

    Bud, I got to run now but just wanted to save you waisting time - MMI will never let you upload such a big file, you need to upload your theme to MediaFire or DropBox the just post the link here.

    Thanks again for your work.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (02-28-2014), chevymusclecar (02-28-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (02-28-2014), mcooper (02-28-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), RKO1195 (02-28-2014), tcm1998 (02-28-2014)

  12. #15367
    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    It does make sense, but personaly still think more choice is better. With my modifications, it really doesn't matter where the weather info comes from, yahoo, accuweather, a textfile, an xmlfile, a static or dynamic demo or whatever (Ok, the demo hasn't been split of, because that would lead to a functional change, but it IS easy to do now). The weather "fetch" function has been split up from the weather dispay function. This way maintaining 3 or 4 or even more weather engines is a piece of cake and won't result in much more code.One of the first things I want to do is add WW to the existing set of engines in the cydget version.
    Thanks, Tcm. After looking at your JS files I now see how you're splitting out the various engines - and WW could just be another parsing script to get info to the widgets. I really like this functionality!! It will help me with the way I've written my Location iWidget as well. Good idea.. And thanks for your help.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #15368
    Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

    Anyway, Here's the link: UniAW.stock.6.4.optimised.cydget

  14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (02-28-2014), chevymusclecar (02-28-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (02-28-2014), mcooper (02-28-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), RKO1195 (02-28-2014), The.Drifter (02-28-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014)

  15. #15369
    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

    Anyway, Here's the link: UniAW.stock.6.4.optimised.cydget
    I LOVE IT, Tcm!! Works perfectly on Cydgets! Let us know when you can get the WW engine up and running.. As the data from the "better feed" of Yahoo's that Apple uses is more accurate - generally speaking.

    Also it would be nice - to take advantage of Cydgets unique capabilities - for the walls and weather to run in the Background layer and the weather data to run in the Homepage layer - so when you swipe to unlock the phones- only the weather data moves to right and not the whole widget.. But that's just icing on the cake; not a vital functionality issue.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    tcm1998 (02-28-2014)

  17. #15370
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I LOVE IT, Tcm!! Works perfectly on Cydgets! Let us know when you can get the WW engine up and running.. As the data from the "better feed" of Yahoo's that Apple uses is more accurate - generally speaking.

    Also it would be nice - to take advantage of Cydgets unique capabilities - for the walls and weather to run in the Background layer and the weather data to run in the Homepage layer - so when you swipe to unlock the phones- only the weather data moves to right and not the whole widget.. But that's just icing on the cake; not a vital functionality issue.
    Well, it better works perfectly since I've done hundreds of tests. It's very annoying that forgetting about a semicolumn or brace breaks literary EVERYTHING. WW shouldn't take too long. Depends a bit on how much time I can free up. My 7-month old daughter is sucking up a lot of time. Should be done by the end of the weekend though.

    I have read about the split foreground/background discussion. I'll see what I can do, but it's not high on my priority list.

  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (02-28-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), jepp376 (02-28-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (02-28-2014), menard_00 (02-28-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), The.Drifter (02-28-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014)

  19. #15371
    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Well, it better works perfectly since I've done hundreds of tests. It's very annoying that forgetting about a semicolumn or brace breaks literary EVERYTHING. WW shouldn't take too long. Depends a bit on how much time I can free up. My 7-month old daughter is sucking up a lot of time. Should be done by the end of the weekend though.

    I have read about the split foreground/background discussion. I'll see what I can do, but it's not high on my priority list.
    Of course not. Be with your daughter. That's what really counts! I (we) so appreciate all you've done here, Tcm! Thank you very much!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. #15372
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Of course not. Be with your daughter. That's what really counts! I (we) so appreciate all you've done here, Tcm! Thank you very much!
    I meant the prioritylist of UniAW. I'm not going to quit now. Don't worry. She gets plenty of "papatime"

  21. #15373
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm loving it on my phone ATM
    MamaJaay
    How do we get it??
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  22. #15374
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm loving it on my phone ATM
    Do you happen to know a release date?

  23. #15375
    Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I meant the prioritylist of UniAW. I'm not going to quit now. Don't worry. She gets plenty of "papatime"
    Ah. Good to hear.

    Tcm.. Two things.
    1) You leave a variable in the config.js to choose between Accuweather and Yahoo. And yet that choice is duplicated in the touch layer behind the daisy. Not sure you intended that.
    2).. When I'm using the Yahoo side chosen in the daisy I get this window every time I wake my phone prior to lock screen launching. Any thoughts?

    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    tcm1998 (02-28-2014)

  25. #15376
    is there a quick way to add a blur to the weather walls via code

  26. #15377
    Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    is there a quick way to add a blur to the weather walls via code
    You can add this to your weather wall in CSS.

    -webkit-filter: blur(3px);
    -moz-filter: blur(3px);
    -o-filter: blur(3px);
    -ms-filter: blur(3px);
    filter: blur(3px);

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    MamaJaay
    How do we get it??
    Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Do you happen to know a release date?
    I'm shooting to submit to Cydia this weekend
    Last edited by chevymusclecar; 02-28-2014 at 06:09 PM.

  27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (02-28-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014), Noobiusmaximus (03-01-2014), RKO1195 (02-28-2014), StayyyFlyyy (02-28-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014), Werty12 (02-28-2014)

  28. #15378
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Something I was messing with for a while. Don't really have the time to take it further right now so thought I'd share what I had. Basically it is UNIAW using full screen weather walls but the weather walls have been replaced with gifs for each condition. Looks pretty cool, especially the thunder ones. Not complete by any means, a few conditions have duplicates because I just couldnt find gifs better suiting them. Havent tried on the older devices so not sure how well the gifs will run on them. Should work with lockhtml or groovylock on ios7 and WB on ios6. Credits to Ian and Dacal for the base UNIAW running them.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5n6IRi6ew

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXyn7RnOiU

    http://youtu.be/bjZhpALU1OU


    Oh ya, it's BIG, gifs tend to be a little larger than jpegs, you know how I do lol

    Download
    Mediafire alt download: http://bit.ly/1fWY9Vh

    Already downloaded the huge file and just want to keep up to date with individual weather condition changes? See below:
    Day
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../day_clear.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...y_clearalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../day_cloud.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/day_fair.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay_fairalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6380940/day_fog.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../day_frost.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/day_hail.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/day_haze.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...heavy_snow.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stlycloudy.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ycloudyalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rtlycloudy.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ycloudyalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/day_rain.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...wers_cloud.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../day_sleet.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ow_showers.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...showersalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/day_snow.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ay_snowalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...understorm.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../day_windy.gif
    Night
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ight_clear.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t_clearalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ight_cloud.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...night_fair.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../night_fog.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ight_frost.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...night_hail.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...night_haze.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...heavy_snow.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stlycloudy.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rtlycloudy.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ycloudyalt.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...night_rain.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...wers_cloud.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ight_sleet.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ow_showers.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...night_snow.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...understorm.gif
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ight_windy.gif

  29. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (03-01-2014), Black331 (03-01-2014), Darrenrooster (03-02-2014), Fattone66 (02-28-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), jepp376 (02-28-2014), kai312 (03-02-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (03-01-2014), Max_Pa1n (03-01-2014), mcooper (02-28-2014), meth357 (03-01-2014), nateD (03-08-2014), nik1975 (03-01-2014), phil73 (03-02-2014), Platini2000 (03-01-2014), RKO1195 (02-28-2014), The.Drifter (03-01-2014), The_Durben (03-01-2014)

  30. #15379
    Simon thank you really love this just one thing it's nighttime right now. Do you have any night gifs please?ImageUploadedByModMyi1393646991.536363.jpg There's some cool Gifs weather on the Steampunk thread.😉
    Last edited by Fattone66; 02-28-2014 at 10:19 PM.

  31. #15380
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Tcm.. Two things.
    1) You leave a variable in the config.js to choose between Accuweather and Yahoo. And yet that choice is duplicated in the touch layer behind the daisy. Not sure you intended that.
    2).. When I'm using the Yahoo side chosen in the daisy I get this window every time I wake my phone prior to lock screen launching. Any thoughts?
    I can't BELIEVE I left an alert in, but unfortunately .. I did. It's in location_yahoo.js in the function searchWoeid. I don't usually use gps, so that code never gets called for me. Even worse is that it's just a little left over from a test I did for BootsBrown when she wanted the state displayed. I removed everything else, but that little thing got forgotten. Stupid, I know. I have re-uploaded the files, but it's an easy fix so there's no need to re-download I think.

    As for number 1, I didn't touch any of that. I think it's intended because you have to start somewhere BEFORE the cookie is created for the first time. Same goes for all the other options in the menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Something I was messing with for a while. Don't really have the time to take it further right now so thought I'd share what I had. Basically it is UNIAW using full screen weather walls but the weather walls have been replaced with gifs for each condition. Looks pretty cool, especially the thunder ones. Not complete by any means, a few conditions have duplicates because I just couldnt find gifs better suiting them. Havent tried on the older devices so not sure how well the gifs will run on them. Should work with lockhtml or groovylock on ios7 and WB on ios6. Credits to Ian and Dacal for the base UNIAW running them.
    That looks seriously impressive. I makes me want thunderstorms here more often. Unfortunately, we're mostly stock with "partly cloudy","cloudy" and/or "windy"
    Last edited by tcm1998; 02-28-2014 at 10:47 PM.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-28-2014), King_O_Hill (02-28-2014), lostinthemes (03-10-2014), Marty McFly (03-01-2014), NewdestinyX (02-28-2014)

Page 769 of 875 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759767768769770771 779 819 869 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •