Page 761 of 875 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751759760761762763 771 811 861 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,220 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Thanks
    Hey guys , still searching for the answer , did some body running Iphone 5s + iwidgets 1.1.1 + Uniaw6.4 + updates ON and have NO safe modes when uniaw refreshes the forecast ?
    Can you please help me , because i always have safe mode when uniaw refreshes....

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazzz View Post
    Hey guys , still searching for the answer , did some body running Iphone 5s + iwidgets 1.1.1 + Uniaw6.4 + updates ON and have NO safe modes when uniaw refreshes the forecast ?
    Can you please help me , because i always have safe mode when uniaw refreshes....

Thanks.
    Hey

If I running LockHtml with 01_WidgetWeather and iWidget with UniAw 6.4 at the same time, my iPhone 4S goes to safe mode from time to time. If I only run Iwidget with UniAw 6.4 I have no safe mode.
    Dream until your dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I've been stable with high animation in all LS players since my restore @ 3 weeks ago now. Only remaining crashing is in LockHTML3 with high animation and Passcode lock on. But that's problematic for all of us. But doesn't 'stability' feel great, Azj?
    I doubted for a while if I would, but yesterday I dived in and restored it as a new phone. In my old setup, having LockHTML3 and cydget active made it crash into safemode everytime I got a notification. Now, the combination is stable and I even can use LockHTML3 to setup how notifications are displayed.

I tried out the cydget config setting "NotificationList = YES" and the first time I tried it, the notification would appear transparently over uniAW. Since I could change the location in LockHTML AND the notification pane was scrollable too, I thought that things were absolutely perfect.

Unfortunately, a bit later (not sure if it was after a respring) I lost touch. That's a price too high to pay for good looking notifications.
    Not sure why it first works and suddenly it doesn't. And yes, it DID work, because I managed to get a transparent notification over the button menu. I'll do some more testing in the next couple of days (including full animation iWidget), but it certainly looks pretty good so far.

@Tomazz: I don't have a 5s, so I can't help you much, but like to know .. did your try both the yahoo as the accuweather weather engines?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-20-2014), nateD (02-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazzz View Post
    Thanks.
    This doesn't happen to me at all with same setup. When was the last time you restored since you first jailbroke? And how long ago did you jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by DEH View Post
    Hey
    If I running LockHtml with 01_WidgetWeather and iWidget with UniAw 6.4 at the same time, my iPhone 4S goes to safe mode from time to time. If I only run Iwidget with UniAw 6.4 I have no safe mode.
    Same question as above.. When was your last restore since you first jailbroke? And how long ago did you jailbreak? I had the issues you're talking about BEFORE i restored a month ago now. No longer any crashing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I doubted for a while if I would, but yesterday I dived in and restored it as a new phone. In my old setup, having LockHTML3 and cydget active made it crash into safemode everytime I got a notification. Now, the combination is stable and I even can use LockHTML3 to setup how notifications are displayed.
    This has solved the 'random crashing' based on 'level of animation on LS' for scores of people. I'm still convinced the early jailbreak testing period with a lot of new tweaks created some corruption of prefs files somewhere in our phones. iCleanerPro does a pretty good job of cleaning our phones but doesn't clear main prefs files. And Cydia itself - when you say 'remove' a tweak or reinstall does NOT clean or replace the prefs files created by the FIRST version of the tweak you had. This leaves our phones unstable. Even when you put the 'FIXED/UPDATED tweak on your phone.

Glad you're stable. Doesn't it feel great to not be crashing all the time?! ..No matter how much I get berated for suggesting some file was causing instability in our phones - a restore has fixed the safe mode crashing with LockScreens for 98% of the people who've restored. That's proof enough for me.

LS crashing with high animation and Passcode Lock ON - is another issue entirely - though stemming clearly from the WebView bug in 7.0.4(5).. and we haven't gotten to the bottom of that one yet.

But for those of us who've restored recently and run with passcode lock OFF - we have zero crashing at ANY level of animation running in GroovyLock, LockHTML3 or Cydgets.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-20-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

meth357 (02-21-2014)

This has solved the 'random crashing' based on 'level of animation on LS' for scores of people. I'm still convinced the early jailbreak testing period with a lot of new tweaks created some corruption of prefs files somewhere in our phones. iCleanerPro does a pretty good job of cleaning our phones but doesn't clear main prefs files. And Cydia itself - when you say 'remove' a tweak or reinstall does NOT clean or replace the prefs files created by the FIRST version of the tweak you had. This leaves our phones unstable. Even when you put the 'FIXED/UPDATED tweak on your phone.
    LS crashing with high animation and Passcode Lock ON - is another issue entirely - though stemming clearly from the WebView bug in 7.0.4(5).. and we haven't gotten to the bottom of that one yet.

But for those of us who've restored recently and run with passcode lock OFF - we have zero crashing at ANY level of animation running in GroovyLock, LockHTML3 or Cydgets.
    I never had any random crashing. It was always when a notification (mail or sms) came in. And before you ask, no, I don't have BiteSMS. Never even tried it. Not sure what was causing my problem, but I've deciced to give it a go.

As for the passcode lock thing. I have used Android Lock XT from the start. I like that way of unlocking better anyway. And there's great option in there to have the "best of both worlds". If I toggle the "skip passcode lock" on, I ONLY get the android way of unlocking UNLESS my phone goes into safe mode. Then android lock XT won't work so I still need to enter my passcode. But that can't be a problem, because in safe mode, no lockscreen player would work anyway.

I never had any random crashing. It was always when a notification (mail or sms) came in.
    This was one of the main symptoms of the crashing many had (I too) prior to the restore. Bottom line. Restoring takes out of the equation ALL variables and lets us start fresh. The headache of a restore as new iphone is worth the stability we now have. At least it is IMHO.

Same question as above.. When was your last restore since you first jailbroke? And how long ago did you jailbreak? I had the issues you're talking about BEFORE i restored a month ago now. No longer any crashing for me.

I restored last weekend as new phone, but then I installed Icloud copy, is that the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by DEH View Post
    I restored last weekend as new phone, but then I installed Icloud copy, is that the problem ?
    Most likely. Many preference files, even from jailbreak tweaks, get stored in an iCloud backup of your phone - and in iTunes backups to your computer - both. If even one of those backed up files is corrupt - then reloaded onto your phone -you have the problem again. The only way to truly get rid of the problem is to SET UP AS NEW PHONE and then reload AppStore Apps and email accounts manually - not from a backup. Your chat thread bubbles are gone forever and you just start over. Make sure you back up photos to iPhoto - and then you can reload those later.. They won't cause any trouble. But you have to reload photos from iPhoto and not from a backup in the cloud.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

DEH (02-20-2014)

Thanks for info. I'll try to restore as a new phone next sunday and see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I'm not sure what mod your using but in the standard uniaw iwidget there is no setting called wind speed, there is "wind test" which is only for test purposes or "strong wind" which is where you would set the value you want the wind effects to start. Note: this value must be reached by your actual real wind speed reported from Yahoo or Accuweather before the wind effects will show.
    I just tested it with a value on 1 and works fine.

If you are using an iwidget then you must set this value in the iwidget options. Not the configuration file.
    Ok thanx Ian will give that a shot!
    Enjoyin Sri Lanka?

Wind speed trigger on speed is set in the config.js and. An be set to any number you want. But remember that number only represents the wind speed AT WHICH the wind animation starts showing on the screen. It doesn't set the speed at which the animation appears in terms of the windmill going faster or the leaves flying faster or slower.
    Understood, than for reply

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-21-2014)

Your chat thread bubbles are gone forever and you just start over.
    No need to loose your bubbles and other stuff if you don't want to:

1) copy the /var/mobile/Library/SMS folder to your pc/mac using iTools or iFunbox or something like that.
    1a) optionaly, do the same with /var/wireless/Library/CallHistory, /var/mobile/Library/Safari and /var/mobile/Library/Voicemail
    2) do a clean restore and set it up as a new phone
    3) install atleast afc2add and iFile
    4) copy the folders backed up in step 1 back to their original location. Just delete the new folders your restore have created.
    5) Set the permissions using iFile (turn on "Apply hierarchically")
    the SMS, Safari and Voicemail need to be set to owner:mobile, group: mobile.
    the CallHistory need to be set to owner:_wireless, group: _wireless
    6) Reboot your phone

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (02-22-2014), DEH (02-20-2014), King_O_Hill (02-20-2014), lostinthemes (03-08-2014), mcooper (02-21-2014), NewdestinyX (02-22-2014)

So I heard that the balloons can be changed...can anybody point me in direction of where to find some good ones to trade out?

No need to loose your bubbles and other stuff if you don't want to:

1) copy the /var/mobile/Library/SMS folder to your pc/mac using iTools or iFunbox or something like that.
    1a) optionaly, do the same with /var/wireless/Library/CallHistory, /var/mobile/Library/Safari and /var/mobile/Library/Voicemail
    2) do a clean restore and set it up as a new phone
    3) install atleast afc2add and iFile
    4) copy the folders backed up in step 1 back to their original location. Just delete the new folders your restore have created.
    5) Set the permissions using iFile (turn on "Apply hierarchically")
    the SMS, Safari and Voicemail need to be set to owner:mobile, group: mobile.
    the CallHistory need to be set to owner:_wireless, group: _wireless
    6) Reboot your phone
    Wonderful, TCM.. I knew that. And use an entirely different process to get them back.. But it's even more involved than what you outlined there. I like your way better. But the average user around here will read what you wrote there as pure Greek. .. So u just usually tell people.. Say goodbye to them.. Saves me a LOT of PMs and emails..

But thanks!! I understood every word and your way has at least 3 less steps than what I've been doing. Thanks!

Can't find anyone trying to fly balloons in this condition!

-------------------

Ah, now we're talkin'!

Last edited by ferlop15; 02-20-2014 at 06:03 PM.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

adioph (02-20-2014), Bacardi85 (02-20-2014), Black331 (02-21-2014), BootsBrown (02-20-2014), Dexy88 (02-22-2014), King_O_Hill (02-20-2014), lostinthemes (03-08-2014), Marty McFly (02-20-2014), nassermoli (02-25-2014), rdiddy_25 (02-20-2014), RKO1195 (02-21-2014), sethbossfan (02-21-2014)

Brutal outside! Awesome on my phone:

-photo.png

My iph4 is hating me.....wiper, snow, rain, RainDay, leaves, weather alert scroller - lol.

I'm givin 'er all I got captain!!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Destan (02-20-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-20-2014), King_O_Hill (02-20-2014), lostinthemes (03-08-2014), nateD (02-21-2014), signori (02-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post

-photo.png

My iph4 is hating me.....wiper, snow, rain, RainDay, leaves, weather alert scroller - lol.

Haha! Too funny

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-20-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

-photo.png

I am so tired of the winter. Where is spring.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    So I heard that the balloons can be changed...can anybody point me in direction of where to find some good ones to trade out?

Here are some:

Post #6488
    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

or here lol

BALLLOOOONS

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Destan For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (03-08-2014), Marty McFly (02-21-2014), nateD (02-21-2014), VOLTAGExDT (02-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I am so tired of the winter. Where is spring.
    Tell me about it!!

You and I are pretty close. Your phone must be looking fairly similar right about now!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-20-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell me about it!!

You and I are pretty close. Your phone must be looking fairly similar right about now!
    The weather over here is more snow.

Page 761 of 875 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751759760761762763 771 811 861 ... LastLast