+ Reply
Page 738 of 836 FirstFirst ... 238 638 688 728736737738739740 748 788 ... LastLast
Results 14,741 to 14,760 of 16720

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll Thanks again for the info, please relay my thanks also to Jenn. Your welcome
...
  1. #14741
    I know nothing! bombmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    RETIRED
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    3,787
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 1,440 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post

    Thanks again for the info, please relay my thanks also to Jenn.
    Your welcome

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (02-05-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), Marty McFly (02-05-2014), nateD (02-05-2014), NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), The_Durben (02-05-2014)

  3. #14742
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    672
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 378 Times in 256 Posts

    Still no crashes.



    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's actually 'cumulative' - the 7.0.4 WbView bug. Bliken is running with no crashes - now - and yet his passcode lock in ON. That's because he's not running 'high animation' on Lockscreen. NOR does he have WB installed. So 'to crash' after a full restore you have to have 'all 3 variables' in action.
    WB installed, Apple PasscodeLock on, High animation on LS

    You delete your work's email account. Download and install ExchangePolicyRemover from Cydia. Turn off the passcode. Then re-add your email account from work. It won't ask you for the passcode anymore.

  4. #14743
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,237
    Thanks
    6,597
    Thanked 14,781 Times in 6,876 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post

    When you use lockHTML or groovyLock, or even a cydget that isn't formatted this way, tell me... Doesn't your ENTIRE widget move? Wall and all? Go ahead... Lock your screen real quick and try it... Mine doesn't
    Groovylock doesn't perform that way, just lockhtml. Groovylock must put them on the background layer. I don't really see how splitting the html between the layers will help stability though since people have experienced crashes on the background and home page layers of the LS. It is more visually appealing to have it on the background layer though I agree instead of whole widget moving with the slide to open. One big issue with the background layer is that the touches aren't getting through. So if someone wanted to just use the background layer they would need to figure out a way to have touches pass through the homepage layer so that they register on the background layer. That would probably be the preferred setup I would think instead of having to split the widget into two parts.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    MamaJaay (02-05-2014)

  6. #14744
    Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    2,018
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

    Yes with LHTML3 it moves the entire widget, as if I'm sliding from one page to the other.

    I'm using a Cydget since last night and have the apple keypad disabled with two animated iwidgets and just like with LHTML3 I have not had any crashes.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 02-05-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

  7. #14745
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,113
    Thanks
    4,013
    Thanked 16,447 Times in 3,951 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Groovylock doesn't perform that way, just lockhtml. Groovylock must put them on the background layer. I don't really see how splitting the html between the layers will help stability though since people have experienced crashes on the background and home page layers of the LS. It is more visually appealing to have it on the background layer though I agree instead of whole widget moving with the slide to open. One big issue with the background layer is that the touches aren't getting through. So if someone wanted to just use the background layer they would need to figure out a way to have touches pass through the homepage layer so that they register on the background layer. That would probably be the preferred setup I would think instead of having to split the widget into two parts.
    You COULD simply put the touch layer on the top "homepage" layer, but then you'd have to refer that touch to something on the background layer, which becomes a real pain in the arse in the coding. Plus, having your info.html on that top layer makes for a hidden clock and date by design.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    Simon (02-05-2014)

  9. #14746
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,237
    Thanks
    6,597
    Thanked 14,781 Times in 6,876 Posts

    Convergence may give an idea of a better route to go for these LS platforms. Widget doesn't move with the slide process but touch still works.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), Matchstic (02-06-2014)

  11. #14747
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Fabulous information MJ!! A great education for us all. I'm pretty sure it doesn't negate anything I've shared with the forum as to how to get stable again if you're still crashing randomly. Only a restore will bring you back to health for that.

    And then once your phone is free of corrupt prefs files - if you want heavy animation on your LS (in any LS player "including Cydgets") you'll need to stay away from Apple's Passcode Lock.. This all due to the 7.0.4 WebView limitations.

    To make very sure of my claim there or for it to be disproven, about "even in Cydgets".. I'd need you MJ or BombMom to convert something like UniAW6.4_LS to the background/home page efficient Cydget you describe earlier.. And then run it with passcode on and WB installed and see if the crashing returns. Would be an important test to try. My guess is "you've already tried it"..

    Thanks again MJ and BombMom! Your insights are invaluable!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #14748
    I know nothing! bombmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    RETIRED
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    3,787
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 1,440 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Convergence may give an idea of a better route to go for these LS platforms. Widget doesn't move with the slide process but touch still works.
    But the question to me would be the battery performance. I would prefer the HTML shutting off when not in use due to the fact that I have no way to plug in my phone for 12 hours a day.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nateD (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

  14. #14749
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Posts
    4,766
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 18,331 Times in 3,745 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    To make very sure of my claim there or for it to be disproven, about "even in Cydgets".. I'd need you MJ or BombMom to convert something like UniAW6.4_LS to the background/home page efficient Cydget you describe earlier.. And then run it with passcode on and WB installed and see if the crashing returns. Would be an important test to try. My guess is "you've already tried it"..

    Grant, I just don't get you sometimes pal, you're the one who invented this "corrupted files" theory without any "real" evidence, I believe the only issue was with the passcode. Iv'e never used it and never crashed & never restored.

    How can you be so bold as to ask MJ & Jenn to redo the UniAW in order to prove your point? Get real bud, do it yourself.

    PS. I'm not going to participate in any arguing from any reply from you to this post.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 02-05-2014 at 07:39 AM.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (02-05-2014), rdiddy_25 (02-05-2014), sethbossfan (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014), The_Durben (02-05-2014)

  16. #14750
    I know nothing! bombmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    RETIRED
    Posts
    2,202
    Thanks
    3,787
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 1,440 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fabulous information MJ!! A great education for us all. I'm pretty sure it doesn't negate anything I've shared with the forum as to how to get stable again if you're still crashing randomly. Only a restore will bring you back to health for that.

    And then once your phone is free of corrupt prefs files - if you want heavy animation on your LS (in any LS player "including Cydgets") you'll need to stay away from Apple's Passcode Lock.. This all due to the 7.0.4 WebView limitations.

    To make very sure of my claim there or for it to be disproven, about "even in Cydgets".. I'd need you MJ or BombMom to convert something like UniAW6.4_LS to the background/home page efficient Cydget you describe earlier.. And then run it with passcode on and WB installed and see if the crashing returns. Would be an important test to try. My guess is "you've already tried it"..

    Thanks again MJ and BombMom! Your insights are invaluable!!
    Grant. Ian is starting the conversion now so it would be better to wait. Have I tried it? Well.......

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (02-05-2014)

  18. #14751
    Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    2,018
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fabulous information MJ!! A great education for us all. I'm pretty sure it doesn't negate anything I've shared with the forum as to how to get stable again if you're still crashing randomly. Only a restore will bring you back to health for that.

    And then once your phone is free of corrupt prefs files - if you want heavy animation on your LS (in any LS player "including Cydgets") you'll need to stay away from Apple's Passcode Lock.. This all due to the 7.0.4 WebView limitations.

    To make very sure of my claim there or for it to be disproven, about "even in Cydgets".. I'd need you MJ or BombMom to convert something like UniAW6.4_LS to the background/home page efficient Cydget you describe earlier.. And then run it with passcode on and WB installed and see if the crashing returns. Would be an important test to try. My guess is "you've already tried it"..

    Thanks again MJ and BombMom! Your insights are invaluable!!
    I don't know with 100% confidence any more that even a restore is necessary on terms of ceasing the crashing! Yes, there are benefits to restoring anyway as it rids of corrupt files, but think about this... We have seen scenarios where people were BOTH stable and crashing with the stock apple pass code enabled, based on different scenarios with animated locks and iwidgets, light heavy etc.

    There has yet to be anyone who has mentioned that they experienced a single safe mode crash with the pass code lock disabled...

    If disabling it (or finding other security work arounds to password protect your device) brings back stability, I'm sure that can be attempted first (and probably be the solution) before restoring.

    That's not to say I discourage the benefits of restoring, I'm just saying there has been one constant the last few days.. Disable apples passcode.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 02-05-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (02-05-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014)

  20. #14752
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Grant, I just don't get you sometimes pal, you're the one who invented this "corrupted files" theory without any "real" evidence, I believe the only issue was with the passcode. Iv'e never used it and never crashed & never restored.

    How can you be so bold as to ask MJ & Jenn to redo the UniAW in order to prove your point? Get real bud, do it yourself.

    PS. I'm not going to participate in any arguing from any reply from you to this post.
    People were crashing without passcode from the very beginning Ian. Most of us. I didn't "make up " anything. I carefully tested things for weeks. I also made clear from beginning that it was a "theory" that WB left corrupted prefs files. But one thing is for 100% sure. "Everyone" who had random crashing "without" passcode lock on (most of us) when running high animation LS had all their crashing resolved with a restore. So it's not an uneducated guess to believe "corrupted prefs files". Actually it's the most "informed" conclusion. This passcode crash is a "new find".. As many of us don't run with passcode ever and would have never found it lest we turned on passcode lock. But I'm the control in the experiment in that prior to restoring I had crashing with high animation on LS with or without passcode lock on.

    So there's been two culprits out there all along. File corruption making most of us crash withOUT passcode lock on after the WB update a few weeks back.

    So, no, I'm quite sure, based on tedious testing with controls, that it's incorrect to conclude that the passcode issue was the only issue all along, M8. We don't have to argue. All that matters is working toward a solution for the community.

    For many still that will mean a DFU restore to clear corrupt files first.. Then second for us to have you awesome designers help make the LS code efficient with the layering method BombMom and MJ outline.

    Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    Grant. Ian is starting the conversion now so it would be better to wait. Have I tried it? Well.......
    Of course. Didn't mean any disrespect. I'm just eager to get to a solution.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    bombmom (02-05-2014)

  22. #14753
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,924
    Thanks
    3,599
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

    I have been reading the same thing for days now about restoring and webview and this and that. I recently updated to iOS 7 days ago as a clean restore, with a setup as new phone, and I experienced some crashing without a animated LS or SB.

    The simple truth is that iOS 7 crashes on non-jailbroken phones. It never hurts to do a clean restore but that isn't the "smoking gun". I think people are still discovering performance anomalies with their devices. I think the key is not trying to force our iOS 7 phones to be like iOS 6. It's to take the changes and work with them. I think Elite 7 is a fantastic example of a Themer who didn't just give up on theming and create only icons.

    My point is we do not know for sure and selling a cure all can be disheartening to those that don't see the benefit of it and have lost the familiarity of their devices.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    bombmom (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nateD (02-05-2014), NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), The_Durben (02-05-2014)

  24. #14754
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    There has yet to be anyone who has mentioned that they experienced a single safe mode crash with the pass code lock disabled...

    If disabling it (or finding other security work arounds to password protect your device) brings back stability, I'm sure that can be attempted first (and probably be the solution) before restoring.
    Your post confuses me, Seth, as you were experiencing crash city like me before your restore withOUT passcode lock on. Most everyone we asked about it - that was the case. My tester 4S phone is STILL crashing right now - without the restore yet - and passcode lock off. I made sure to keep a control phone in my testing too. With any medium to high animation running is LockHTML3 on it right now.. Even MJ's lock with animation on - I get crashing with passcode lock OFF. Why? Something corrupt on my 4S.

    But I don't want to beat dead horses. That's the "old Grant". My heart is to help. I test for a living - and when I come to a conclusion I'll share it.. And when proven wrong I'll admit it and shut up.

    But let's move forward to better solutions. I'm even open to switching to Cydgets. Saurik developed it to take place of HTML running in WB. It should be the most stable..

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I have been reading the same thing for days now about restoring and webview and this and that. I recently updated to iOS 7 days ago as a clean restore, with a setup as new phone, and I experienced some crashing without a animated LS or SB.

    The simple truth is that iOS 7 crashes on non-jailbroken phones. It never hurts to do a clean restore but that isn't the "smoking gun". I think people are still discovering performance anomalies with their devices. I think the key is not trying to force our iOS 7 phones to be like iOS 6. It's to take the changes and work with them. I think Elite 7 is a fantastic example of a Themer who didn't just give up on theming and create only icons.

    My point is we do not know for sure and selling a cure all can be disheartening to those that don't see the benefit of it and have lost the familiarity of their devices.
    Excellent points, Krima!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Krima (02-05-2014), sethbossfan (02-05-2014)

  26. #14755
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,113
    Thanks
    4,013
    Thanked 16,447 Times in 3,951 Posts

    First off, Apple has acknowledged random crashes on STOCK iPhone... So, you may be blaming crap on the JB, widgets, etc... see link...
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/...crashing-issue

    Second of all,
    PASSCODE LOCK DOES NOT CRASH YOU IF YOUR WIDGET IS WRITTEN PROPERLY!!!

    People are just going to have to get used to cydget and proper breakdown of the two layers as two separate HTML, or use another platform and deal with the issues. I never said WB was a conflict... As a matter of fact, I think the two work wonderfully together, as the same developer makes both... Therefore he'd strive to make them completely compatible in every way. Let's face it. No one knows winter board code better the. Saurik himself. And HTML implementation USED to be in WB, (his tweak) and now he's simply moved that portion of WB to a separate tweak and added additional functionality that WB never had. I don't understand why everyone who originally used WB for HTML , (Saurik's code--and trusted) is now so hesitant to use the same persons code.

    But it's whatever... People gonna use what they wanna use. Things like lockHTML have been out for some time, and never really took hold because people just used WB. I trust Saurik's code. Plain and simple. He's proven that over years of WB since iOS 2.0

    Theres a reason why coders are navigating toward cydget. Me, Jenn, June, Marmoul, Rasputin, Ian.. I'm sure more will follow eventually... Because it allows more function to the coders. And it's built the right way. And whether the end user likes it or not, its /ultimately/ really going to come down to what the coders decide to do... If we stop developing for the other platforms... Then the end user has to use it as it's designed, OR convert it themselves. That's why I list cydget as a dependency, with my smash for cydget. If you don't have it installed already, Cydia installs it for you.

    As I previously said, unnecessary fade in fade out should be trimmed, I said the homepage layer should be kept extremely light with only text and maybe a few icons, if possible, so that passcode doesn't crash you, and that background layer can be pretty much as insane as you want.

    If you're trying to move ALL that animation and craziness when you slide... Of course it's gonna crash. Think about it. Uniaw is 176mb. Moving a 176mb file from folder to folder on your Mac takes longer than moving a 2mb file. I'm pretty sure my top layer HTML (weather info text) plus the 4 weather icons for forecast, and the two for sunrise sunset are less than 2mb... Make sense?

    For all of you that say "cydgets take too long to load" again, I say "And mine loads almost instantly. Take the fade in fade in crap out." Even Simon has stated that mine loads almost instantly.

    Jenn is running FOUR DIFFERENT HEAVY ANIMATION cydgets in her cydget cycle. Her phone doesn't crash.

    I'm so sick of stating over and over again why all of this webview nonsense, passcode lock, etc is crashing your phone. I've done everything but take your phone from each of you and format your mods properly. I've given you the tools, I've stated my outcomes, given you various workarounds, and all I hear is complaining. You guys complain your battery effing dies too fast, because of animations running all the time, and then complain that cydgets load too slow because it's saving your battery.

    I'll only be developing for Cydget from now on. Good luck to the other "LS platform" developers, and other coders and widget designers can make their own choices as to what platform they wanna code for, but I've made my decision.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 01:32 PM.

  27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    bombmom (02-05-2014), Dexy88 (02-07-2014), June'sIphone (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nassermoli (02-05-2014), NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), Platini2000 (02-05-2014), sethbossfan (02-05-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

  28. #14756
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Thanks, MJ, for the reality check.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  29. #14757
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,113
    Thanks
    4,013
    Thanked 16,447 Times in 3,951 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, MJ, for the reality check.
    Grant, this was not aimed at you. I'd already typed this once and found it easier to cut and paste rather than reiterate it a different way.

  30. #14758
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    First off, Apple has acknowledged random crashes on STOCK iPhone... So, you may be blaming crap on the JB, widgets, etc... see link...
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/...crashing-issue
    For what it's worth - all "random crashing" has ceased for me post a restore.

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Grant, this was not aimed at you. I'd already typed this once and found it easier to cut and paste rather than reiterate it a different way.
    Understood. We're totally good, MJ! Your input is gold here! We're all just trying to help here. There should be no hard feelings toward people trying to help.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), sethbossfan (02-05-2014)

  32. #14759
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Posts
    4,766
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 18,331 Times in 3,745 Posts

    @ MJ, please email me, I have currently disabled my PM's.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  33. #14760
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,113
    Thanks
    4,013
    Thanked 16,447 Times in 3,951 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ MJ, please email me, I have currently disabled my PM's.
    I did. Three of them actually... Lemme check address I sent to

    Edit. LOL. resent to correct address
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 08:32 AM.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts