+ Reply
Page 737 of 835 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727735736737738739 747 787 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 16691

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by sethbossfan It could be that the bug always existed if Passcodes were enabled. And not corrupt file related. It is possible. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ** I can tell you
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,657 Times in 4,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    It could be that the bug always existed if Passcodes were enabled. And not corrupt file related. It is possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** I can tell you first test is I enabled a Cydget (Simons slideshow) and kept LockHTML 3 enabled and when hitting the home button it does not load the cydget. I turn off LHTML3 to run cydget alone and its now working but Ill check for stability.

EDIT:
    With apples pass code enabled I crashed just now with Cydgets.
    don't play to much with many widget at the sametime, it won't crash haha 😂

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

jepp376 (02-04-2014), sethbossfan (02-04-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,292 Times in 5,960 Posts

It could be that the bug always existed if Passcodes were enabled. And not corrupt file related. It is possible.
    This was my second thought.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

I had same level of crashing with and without passcode enabled during the 3 week period after WB update. My job requires the Policy for Exchange accounts too. Sometimes I circumvent it and sometime no. MamaJaay also always has her Passcode on and has had no crashing for this entire 3 week period. Now she doesn't run with Winterboard installed at all most of the time. So that's in this equation too. As when she added Chevy's 6.3 full Pano walls LS running in LockHTML3 today for me - AND turned passcode on - STILL no crashing for her. SO -- the combo of variables that has to be 'in play' for the current remaining crashing to happen is:
    1) WinterBoard installed (with all of its dependencies)
    2) a LS player (GL, LockHTML3, Cydgets)
    3) High animation running on LS
    4) Apple passcode ON.

That's what makes the WebView bug in 7.0.4 cause a safe mode crash.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Newd

I'm not saying that you are wrong, because I don't have any proof either way. It's just a fairly bold statement to make. Also, just FYI, Cydia doesn't actually remove anything. All installations and removals are done with Debian. Now I'm well aware that items can be left behind, but usually because the files and paths that Debian is expecting have been altered. I can't think of a way that something can get corrupted. Now it is possible that a file got left behind and was causing a conflict. You might have gotten the same results by uninstalling WB, running iCleaner, and then installing WB fresh. Just something to think about.
    I'm aware of Debian being the installer, etc. But I tried the exact steps you described (Wb uninstall, iCleaner, etc) during the crash period. And still total crashing with or without passcode lock on. The other reason my educated 'bold' guess I believe is sound is that I've used MamaJaay's phone and experience as a constant during this whole experiment period. She's experienced no crashing of any kind in the 3 weeks from high animation on LS.. But she doesn't keep WB installed. She had it at one point early with e7 testing but restores about every 2-3 days. So she would have gotten rid of the corrupt files from WB after Saurik's fix 3 weeks ago. Therefore no crashing while the rest of us were in crash purgatory for the 3 weeks.

Don't wanna bore the group with too many more details. But this has been a very thorough test period, bro. And with Seth's help (and MamaJaay's and then last 2 days, Chevy) we've covered a lot of territory on a 4S and several 5Ses. I'm quite convinced my conclusion about corrupt WB prefs files not being removed by Debian in the WB update 3 weeks ago- is sound. So a restore is warranted by folks still experiencing the random crashing while running high animation on LS with passcode on or off.

And that the WebView bug in 7.0.4 is pushed to the point of crashing - now - only in the presence of WB, High LS animation in any LS player (GL, LH3, Cydgets) and PasscodeLock ON.

Your help and insight is always appreciated, bro - as are your challenges to my test process. I can ALWAYS miss something - for sure. I'm just pretty sure I 'haven't' this time.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-04-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (02-04-2014)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Glad to see my Fav Widget again

Still one question why I cant see Slider or Slide to unlock text?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-71593_1448278978723564_2137997245_n.png  

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

I agree Grant its one of those 4 vairables as the culprit.

Many times I would crash without even sliding over to the Apple Pass code. Sometimes Id wake up and be in safe mode. My device would crash randomly over al 3 LS platforms with Pass code enabled but at different times.

If you have a device where Policy for Exchange account requirements does not come into play I will tell you I am still crash free since trying the alternative unlock method AndroidLock XT. Running UNIAW 6.4 LS through LHTML3 and animated iwidgets.

For ones that to need to comply with the policy there is the tweak you mentioned ExchangePolicyCleaner. So there are workarounds still. Its not hopeless which is good news.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 02-04-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mine has been stable the last 3-4 hours.

No WB or GL installed

Only running LOCKHTML3 with MJSmash no animation but with rotating wallpaper

Running I widgets with heavy animation on SB

No safe mode crashes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-04-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Mine has been stable the last 3-4 hours.

No WB or GL installed

Only running LOCKHTML3 with MJSmash no animation but with rotating wallpaper

Running I widgets with heavy animation on SB

No safe mode crashes.
    With apple pass code enabled?
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

With apple pass code enabled?
    Yes with apple pass code. How do you get around the pass code on 5S. It asks for one right away or fingerprint.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

I agree Grant its one of those 4 vairables as the culprit.

Many times I would crash without even sliding over to the Apple Pass code. Sometimes Id wake up and be in safe mode. My device would crash randomly over al 3 LS platforms with Pass code enabled but at different times.

If you have a device where Policy for Exchange account requirements does not come into play I will tell you I am still crash free since trying the alternative unlock method AndroidLock XT. Running UNIAW 6.4 LS through LHTML3 and animated iwidgets.

For ones that to need to comply with the policy there is the tweak you mentioned ExchangePolicyCleaner. So there are workarounds still. Its not hopeless which is good news.
    It's actually 'cumulative' - the 7.0.4 WbView bug. Bliken is running with no crashes - now - and yet his passcode lock in ON. That's because he's not running 'high animation' on Lockscreen. NOR does he have WB installed. So 'to crash' after a full restore you have to have 'all 3 variables' in action.
    WB installed, Apple PasscodeLock on, High animation on LS

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Yes with apple pass code. How do you get around the pass code on 5S. It asks for one right away or fingerprint.
    You delete your work's email account. Download and install ExchangePolicyRemover from Cydia. Turn off the passcode. Then re-add your email account from work. It won't ask you for the passcode anymore.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-04-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,409 Times in 3,941 Posts

I'm going to show you guys why I do not crash, and why cydget is my lockscreen platform of choice.

Ok. Let me start this by saying that I restore. ALOT. also, I use cydget. And I use passcode lock. Not just your simple four digit numerical passcode, but a alphanumeric one. This post will be lengthy, but will provide some insight, so please read in its entirety and watch the video link.

Ok now some background. The stock apple lock in iOS 7 has two layers... One is the background, also known as the wallpaper, and the other is the overlay that contains the clock, date, and slides over to passcode. When you have NO lockscreen tweaks enabled, does your wallpaper move when you "slide to unlock"? No. Only that top overlay slides over to ask you for your passcode.

Now... Cydget allows for a background, and an overlay (called the homepage) as you can see in this video, my smash walls and the animations are on the "background" layer, and my weather info and touch layer are one the top layer "homepage"

As you can see, when I "slide to unlock" ONLY the weather info moves. The walls and animations stay on that wallpaper layer.

When you use lockHTML or groovyLock, or even a cydget that isn't formatted this way, tell me... Doesn't your ENTIRE widget move? Wall and all? Go ahead... Lock your screen real quick and try it... Mine doesn't

Apple obviously did not intend animated HTML lockscreens, wallpapers, or animations to be on that top layer (or any layer, really) I'm pushing it as is with weather information and touch functions... But...

Here's the video.
    http://vimeo.com/85894179

And here's the text from my info.plst -- credit to Jenn, as she broke smash down to individual elements (the two HTML's) and implemented the plist...

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
      <key>Configuration</key>
      <dict>
        <key>Background</key>
        <string>MJSmashWall.html</string>
        <key>Homepage</key>
        <string>MJSmash.html</string>
        <key>Scrollable</key>
        <string>NO</string>
      </dict>
      <key>Plugin</key>
      <string>WebCycriptLockScreen</string>
      <key>Tagline</key>
      <string>MJSmash</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

As you'll notice, there are two HTML's being called in the plist, one on the background and one on the homepage.

With all this said, this is why I choose Cydget. Not only was it created by our Saurik, and honestly, I trust his code, but he obviously has taken the phone's limitations and it's many layers into the design of Cydget.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-04-2014 at 10:26 PM.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (02-04-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), jepp376 (02-05-2014), Klont (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nassermoli (02-05-2014), nateD (02-05-2014), NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), sethbossfan (02-04-2014), Simon (02-05-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014), The_Durben (02-05-2014), Xpress690 (02-05-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Klont's Avatar
    Thanks

Did a restore and a fresh new JB yesterday and do not know how it is possible but went from having a lot of crashes to zero crashes since last night.
    Tried different UniAW 6.4 LS wit all animations on with and without a passlock but did not succeed in crashing it.
    Normaly when the sun became visible on the LS it was an instant crash, now as said “nul Problemo”..
    Thank you all for the tips

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Klont View Post
    Did a restore and a fresh new JB yesterday and do not know how it is possible but went from having a lot of crashes to zero crashes since last night.
    Tried different UniAW 6.4 LS wit all animations on with and without a passlock but did not succeed in crashing it.
    Normaly when the sun became visible on the LS it was an instant crash, now as said “nul Problemo”..
    Thank you all for the tips
    Hi All

FYI also did a full restore 2 days ago , then set no pass code lock , using CM iWidget and UniAw 6.4 LS with all animations & no crashes at all
    on iPhone 5

DEH
    Thanks

Hi All

Off-topic questions
    I recently got a old macbook, but I can not get iFunBox to work, are you Girls/Guys using another program?
    I all ways have a Windows PC.
    Dream until your dreams come true.

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,314 Times in 3,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm going to show you guys why I do not crash, and why cydget is my lockscreen platform of choice.......
    Thanks for this info MJ Pity this wasn't made clear ages ago from Sauric!

So basically all cydgets should be set to "Background" in the plist file, not "Homepage", i just did this with the UniAW and it's much better design this way.
    I didn't add a HomePage, just changed it to Background, but now I got to get rid of the LS clock, I don't want to install a tweak to do this since cydgets supports Objective-C, would you happen to know the Object-C code for hiding the LS clock so we can input it into our Cydgets html, I guess I could download some tweak to look for it.?

For what it's worth, since I uninstalled Cydgets & re-installed it again a few weeks ago I have never crashed, all this talk about corrupted files.....??
    I never use LS passcode BTY.

Quote Originally Posted by DEH View Post
    Hi All

Off-topic questions
    I recently got a old macbook, but I can not get iFunBox to work, are you Girls/Guys using another program?
    I all ways have a Windows PC.
    I use DiskAid, but I think you got to pay for it.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 02-05-2014 at 02:48 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

DEH (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nateD (02-05-2014), NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks for this info MJ Pity this wasn't made clear ages ago from Sauric!

So basically all cydgets should be set to "Background" in the plist file, not "Homepage", i just did this with the UniAW and it's much better design this way.
    I didn't add a HomePage, just changed it to Background, but now I got to get rid of the LS clock, I don't want to install a tweak to do this since cydgets supports Objective-C, would you happen to know the Object-C code for hiding the LS clock so we can input it into our Cydgets html, I guess I could download some tweak to look for it.?

For what it's worth, since I uninstalled Cydgets & re-installed it again a few weeks ago I have never crashed, all this talk about corrupted files.....??
    I never use LS passcode BTY.

I use DiskAid, but I think you got to pay for it.
    I don't know the obj-c for that, Ian. I am sorry. I just looked it up in flex, and there's like 8-10 controller files, so a lot to put in a cycript. Also, not sure that it would work on the background layer, for obvious reasons.

My cydgets automatically hides my lockscreen clock... Probably because I have an HTML there. Maybe putting an empty HTML on the homepage will kill it for now?
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 04:47 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

I don't know the obj-c for that, Ian. I am sorry.

My cydgets automatically hides my lockscreen clock. Maybe putting an empty HTML on the homepage will kill it for now?
    Yep MJ, thats exactly what I'm testing now.

Thanks

Also, Ian, on the cycript version of uniaw6.4, the menu needs to be made vertically smaller. As cydget leaves that top 150px or so unavailable to touch. (I believe this is done by design to make sure you can still unlock your phone if someone leaves the #touchlayer as full screen)

I've adjusted on mine, here are my adjustments so you don't have to

Code:

/* OPTIONS */

#optionContainer {

background-color: #262626;

position: absolute;

top: 170px;

left: 0px;

width: 320px;

height: 400px;

z-index: 800;

-webkit-transition: opacity 0.3s ease-in;

}

#refresh { 

top: 25px;

left: 20px;

width: 278px;

height: 22px;

}

#timedwall {

top: 65px;

}

#slideshow {

top: 105px;

}

#hideweatherInfo {

top: 145px;

}

#hideweatherBG {

top: 185px;

}

#hideclock {

top: 225px;

}

#disableforcasttouch {

top: 265px;

}

#windeffect {

top: 305px;

}

#DataSource {

top: 345px;

}

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), lostinthemes (02-10-2014), nateD (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Also, Ian, on the cycript version of uniaw6.4, the menu needs to be made vertically smaller. As cydget leaves that top 150px or so unavailable to touch. (I believe this is done by design to make sure you can still unlock your phone if someone leaves the #touchlayer as full screen)

I've adjusted on mine, here are my adjustments so you don't have to

Code:

/* OPTIONS */

#optionContainer {

background-color: #262626;

top: 170px;

left: 0px;

width: 320px;

height: 400px;

z-index: 800;

-webkit-transition: opacity 0.3s ease-in;

}

#refresh { 

top: 25px;

}

#timedwall {

top: 65px;

}

#slideshow {

top: 105px;

}

#hideweatherInfo {

top: 145px;

}

#hideweatherBG {

top: 185px;

}

#hideclock {

top: 225px;

}

#disableforcasttouch {

top: 265px;

}

#windeffect {

top: 305px;

}

#DataSource {

top: 345px;

}
    Thanks again MJ, I will do this today and update the link, problem is I'm not using a LS atm so don't see these issues.

I can confirm that adding a blank html as Homepage does indeed automatically hide the clock. BUT,,, it also disables the touch layer (which is in the Background), so touch events MUST go on the Homepage, so now I got some work to do.

Thanks again for the info, please relay my thanks also to Jenn.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 02-05-2014 at 05:19 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

nateD (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks again MJ, I will do this today and update the link, problem is I'm not using a LS atm so don't see these issues.

I can confirm that adding a blank html as Homepage does indeed automatically hide the clock. BUT,,, it also disables the touch layer (which is in the Background), so touch events MUST go on the Homepage, so now I got some work to do.

Thanks again for the info, please relay my thanks also to Jenn.
    I will do that, Ian. She's a gem, and I'm extremely lucky to call her my best friend. What she did was leave all the animations and walls in one HTML, and all the weather info and touch events on another. Not typically the way lockscreens are written, but the way cydgets is designed. Smash is based in uniaw 6.3, so I can email you a link to this version, if it will be of some use to you. It won't be a direct match, but close enough, I believe, for you to get the idea of the breakdown. I don't want to post a public link here yet, because I don't want this version released to the general public until I have finished working on it, but I'd be more than glad to email you a link. And I'm more than sure Jenn would approve as well, as she, like you, has always gone above and beyond to help and share. This is not to further the "secret society" thing. (As I've shared all Pertinent parts and pieces to the general public here already) Simply that it's not ready for public consumption as of yet, but we both believe that you are an asset to this community, and we also believe in freely sharing knowledge for the greater good

Let me know
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 05:44 AM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), nateD (02-05-2014)

Thanks

I will do that, Ian. She's a gem, and I'm extremely lucky to call her my best friend. What she did was leave all the animations and walls in one HTML, and all the weather info and touch events on another. Not typically the way lockscreens are written, but the way cydgets is designed. Smash is based in uniaw 6.3, so I can email you a link to this version, if it will be of some use to you. It won't be a direct match, but close enough, I believe, for you to get the idea of the breakdown. I don't want to post a public link here yet, because I don't want this version released to the general public until I have finished working on it, but I'd be more than glad to email you a link. And I'm more than sure Jenn would approve as well, as she, like you, has always gone above and beyond to help and share. This is not to further the "secret society" thing. (As I've shared all Pertinent parts and pieces to the general public here already) Simply that it's not ready for public consumption as of yet, but we both believe that you are an asset to this community, and we also believe in freely sharing knowledge for the greater good

Let me know
    Thanks MJ, it would save me a lot of time.
    [email protected]