Page 737 of 875 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727735736737738739 747 787 837 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Anyone else having this issue? Currently using LHTML3 with McFly's UNIAW 6.4 WW on a 5S. Also using a mix of ChevyMuscular's Ultimate iWidget for Springboard and Ezra's UNIAW WW. I've noticed that under normal circumstances, the springboard loads fine, HOWEVER when either iWidget is animating with rain or snow, the entire Springboard slows down to a crawl to the point that I have to remove the Widget in order to get it functioning again at full speed. My crashes however have been few and far between. As a matter of fact, I usually only crash into safe mode when respringing. Then after another respring, it's usually ok. Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Wow... It could be argued (by many) that he provides a hell of a lot more to this community than you do. What a childish response.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence but not needed. Drifter's contributions to this forum are HUGE - way more than mine.. But I appreciate what you were trying to do here..

Anyone else having this issue? Currently using LHTML3 with McFly's UNIAW 6.4 WW on a 5S. Also using a mix of ChevyMuscular's Ultimate iWidget for Springboard and Ezra's UNIAW WW. I've noticed that under normal circumstances, the springboard loads fine, HOWEVER when either iWidget is animating with rain or snow, the entire Springboard slows down to a crawl to the point that I have to remove the Widget in order to get it functioning again at full speed. My crashes however have been few and far between. As a matter of fact, I usually only crash into safe mode when respringing. Then after another respring, it's usually ok. Anything?
    Even after you're free of any instability 'cause by something in the last 4 weeks' (I will no longer call it a corrupt file for fear of retribution) - we have to remember that we still have WebView bug in 7.0.4 and 7.0.5. Only a properly formatted Cydget running in Cydgets nearly completely erradicates this issue. If you wish to stay with LockHTML3 or GroovyLock - you won't crash anymore with high animation (if you never had the random crashing or have since restored) - BUT YOU WILL have 'jerky animation' and slowing on your screen when running high animation. This will be true for anyone not using Cydgets. I've checked in with several regular/veterans here offline and they're confirming that this happens for them too.

And it's cumulative between iWidgets and LS animations - but leaning MOSTLY on whatever lockscreen you have running you have running in LockHTML3(LH3) or GroovyLock(GL). I have high animation in iWidgets - but when I run light animation on LockScreen - i have ZERO jitter in rest of phone - no slowness. If I run HIGH animation on Lockscreen in LH3 or GL then my chat bubbles get jittery when rendering a new text and sending it.. And other jitter on phone.

You can also go into Settings-->Accessibility-->Reduce Motion and turn that to ON. This will help a bit.

As MamaJaay and BombMom have told us - the only LockScreen Player that alleviates 95% of this WebView bug in 7.0.4(5) is running properly formatted Lockscreens in Cydgets. I'm sure Bushe and GroovyCarrot will eventually attain the same stability in LH3 and GL but only after updates.

My phone no longer crashes in LH3 (unless passcode lock is on - known limitation of LH3) or GL with high animation running. But I get jitter in rest of phone. When I run properly formatted locks in Cydgets my phone purrs like a kitten. No jitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    You didn't miss the unveiling, NewD, but keep your eyes open, any minute now!...I was just too thrilled!...The icon set is all I've been using for the past 6 or 7 months, surprised you hadn't noticed, Lol....It's called Zirhko, free beta....easy to search, Winterboard Zirhko.
    YAY! I'll check that out! Thanks Ferlop!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

All I can say is I am using a pano/animated lock, UNIAW 6.3 iwidget and 2 light widgets. I am stable and solid and can say that's the case everytime my apple passcode lock is disabled.

I have no jitter I have no slowness. All is well here. I am using AndroidLock still to password protect.

When I use Cydgets it will be nice to know I can use it stably with the Apple Passcode lock if I choose.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    All I can say is I am using a pano/animated lock, UNIAW 6.3 iwidget and 2 light widgets. I am stable and solid and can say that's the case everytime my apple passcode lock is disabled.

I have no jitter I have no slowness. All is well here. I am using AndroidLock still to password protect.

When I use Cydgets it will be nice to know I can use it stably with the Apple Passcode lock if I choose.
    Sounds great, Seth! Nice to be stable again! In that UniAW Lock.. set it to Demo and thunderstorm and I think you'll see your phone a little "slow on redraw"... .. Fortunately we don't have thunderstorms all day every day - and for all practical purposes (I'm running what you're running) I'm rock stable,w/ no passcode lock, running high animation in LH3 or GL.

But I'm 100% stable, "no" phone animation jitter and w/passcode lock on - when LS are in Cydgets.

Something for everyone! All good!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (02-06-2014), sethbossfan (02-06-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Irish_Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I have a strange issue, in my Lumo theme I have an info plist for Icon & calendar text, it works great except on Wednesdays when the day on my calendar icon turns red, i.e. the format returns to normal IOS7!

Anyone know why it doesn't work on Wednesday's?

Thanks.

Code:
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>  font-family: STHeitiK-Light; color: White; text-shadow: #000000 0px -1px 0px 1.0; font-size: 10px; position:absolute; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 3px;</string>
    I've noticed your day forecast doesn't show Thursday if it's Wednesday. It starts from Friday instead.

This is my GroovyLock LS, full animation, I also run dylib version on my SB. No crashes at all.
    Tnx guys for all your hard work

-ltjs.png

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    I experienced the same jitter shizzle, but only with high animations and with rainy condition.When I have rainy conditions in my city, I have that jutter thing, but I noticed that high animated iWidgets are the reason for that jittering, too :/

...would u prefer cydgets atm ?
    I require a stable phone more than anything. Can't bear the jitter in any weather condition and I love full animation locks. So, though I like LockHTML3 better, as a LS platform, more options, I am running only Cydgets now - because of its jitter-less stability in any condition. But that's just my choice for now. LH3 crashing when unlocking from passcode lock is also unacceptable to me in the current place we are.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

j0k3r (02-06-2014)

Ty
    Last edited by Alexweli69; 02-06-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Anyone looked in to the "Lockpages" tweak that is a download requirement for "Forecast". I don't know if David ashman plans this to be exclusive for Forecast and Lockinfo, but it seems to be more powerful than anything we are using and the description for Lockpages says "Support package for other tweaks to add pages to the lockscreen" this is what we should try to use... Stable touch functions, crash-less (for me), seems very powerful

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (02-06-2014)

I'm going to post this here, may help some as I think I found something eating our ram.

WeeLoader.

I think we all know that if the phone gets low on memory that it starts cutting things off. If it cuts off a mobilesubstrate well we get safemode.

Ive been testing all morning trying to find my memory leak. I have status modifier installed and this is how I could tell my ram was dropping to extremely low levels. So instead of just restoring I used iCleanerPro to turn off mobile substrates one at a time.

I have over 40 mobile substrates although I didn't have crashes often. I caught myself having to close apps completely to keep my ram at a reasonable level. (I never had to do this on my i5)

iCleaner Pro source is http://exile90software.com you can use this to turn off mobile substrates.

Here is the info (I think) is causing this memory leak.

As you see it says "mach-o, but wrong architecture" in short means its not compiled to work with 64bit.

Here is ram with weeloader mobile substrate on with only tweetbot and mmi app open. On a 5s this is pretty insane.

Try it out, if you were having issues with GroovyLock, LockHTML, Cydets crashing because of animations this "Could" be your issue.

Here it is with weeloader turned off and 13 apps open and winterboard applied

As of now I dunno what installed weeloader.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.

13. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

adioph (02-06-2014), Bacardi85 (02-06-2014), chevymusclecar (02-06-2014), Dexy88 (02-07-2014), ferlop15 (02-06-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-07-2014), jawonder (02-06-2014), King_O_Hill (02-06-2014), Kr0NiK (02-07-2014), kristatos (04-02-2014), lostinthemes (02-13-2014), MamaJaay (02-06-2014), Marty McFly (02-06-2014), nassermoli (02-08-2014), nateD (02-06-2014), RKO1195 (02-06-2014), sethbossfan (02-06-2014), The.Drifter (02-06-2014), The_Durben (02-07-2014)

Finally, a plausible theory with some proof too. Nice work June.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-06-2014), The.Drifter (02-06-2014), The_Durben (02-07-2014)

I don't have wee loader and my 5 still goes up and down think most of it is iOS 7 jailbreak and tweaks all combined mine has went down to 10 before,

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (02-06-2014), June'sIphone (02-06-2014), NewdestinyX (02-06-2014), The_Durben (02-07-2014)

What lockscreens are available that run with Cydgets? I'm using Marmoul's UniAW Scroller and it's good, but was curious if any of Chevy or McFly's pieces worked with Cydgets?

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    I don't have wee loader and my 5 still goes up and down think most of it is iOS 7 jailbreak and tweaks all combined mine has went down to 10 before,
    I agree somewhat. I believe this whole issue has to do with the way iOS7 handles ram. Not so much the iOS7 Jailbreak, but that can't be proven.

I do know that iOS7 is very "finicky" when it comes to ram so tweaks must be made with the utmost attention to ram and releasing ram. Imho the 5s should never hit these low amount.of ram.

Another one I found is FlipSwitch. It is drawing quite a bit of ram itself. I just hope Grant sees this and investigates as he loves to do

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (02-06-2014), nateD (02-07-2014), The.Drifter (02-06-2014)

Yeah but you can't even install activator without flipswitch. AND you can't install displayRecorder without activator... It's a chain reaction.

What lockscreens are available that run with Cydgets? I'm using Marmoul's UniAW Scroller and it's good, but was curious if any of Chevy or McFly's pieces worked with Cydgets?
    MJSmash in Cydia

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-06-2014), nateD (02-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Yeah but you can't even install activator without flipswitch. AND you can't install displayRecorder without activator... It's a chain reaction.

MJSmash in Cydia
    You can turn it off though:P I use display recorder. And activator to activate display recorder yet, I have flip switched off. Doesn't make sense.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

nateD (02-07-2014)

Thanks June. Nice find. But I don't believe it's our smoking gun. I've never had WeeLoader on my phone since beginning. And if it were the "main source" of the crashing - then it would have been in my equation too. Now I'm not saying it isn't in "some" equation here.. But "my" random crashing didn't have to do with WeeLoader..

Additionally - my testing of Status Modifier app found it to be inaccurate to the very low side - as to actual RAM being available.. It would say 32MB and I would be rock stable.. And other ram readout tools showed way different numbers.. More accurate I believe. Thanks, June. But it wasn't my issue.

Traveling now, J0k3r.. I'll answer more in detail when home. But I agree a Cydgets thread for modders is a great idea. I may start one tonight. Good idea.. More to come..

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

j0k3r (02-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    ...thx alot newD, you are running cydgets for now, did you deinstall LHTML or did u only disble it? Have you any
    high animated iWidgets on your SB, too? Which Cydgets would you prefer for now, atm I know only about the one
    from MamaJaay, my LHTML favorite for me was WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly (Rainy Day).theme.

I tested cydgets a few days ago, and when I push the home button while in Lockscreen, to undimm my screen,
    the LS-Cydget didnt start, I saw only my LS-Wallpaper, is it normal that Cydget need some time to start the LS-Cydget?

Now we need a cydget thread, where we can find the modded LockScreens, who are working with Cydget, where Marty, chevy and the other modders can post their modded Cydgets
    The creators of the widgets like to have their stuff posted on their own threads.

I agree with MamaJaay. Upon further consideration.. It's not really my place to start such a thread.. It's Jay Saurik's tweak. But he doesn't frequent MMI - prefers IRC chat for some odd reason.. ..

But we still need support here and answers to questions about the platform itself. We can take those question to MamaJaay's MJSmash thread and June's miWeather thread both of whom develop for Cydgets.. And I think they'll be willing to answer our questions..

Pretty sure Ian could answer any UniAW conversion questions here too. He's a crazy smart cookie..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-06-2014 at 07:33 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

j0k3r (02-07-2014), lostinthemes (02-13-2014), MamaJaay (02-06-2014)

I'll be more than willing to answer any cydget questions. Here or in my thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s-new-skins-themes-launches/810378-mjsmash-lockscreen-springboard-widget-%thread_page%-print.html

On a side note, MJSmash v2.1 (otherwise known as final version) is live in cydia.

Lots of changes, read the changelog in Cydia or on my thread.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-06-2014), NewdestinyX (02-06-2014)

Page 737 of 875 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727735736737738739 747 787 837 ... LastLast