Page 735 of 875 FirstFirst ... 235 635 685 725733734735736737 745 785 835 ... LastLast
Results 14,681 to 14,700 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

I'm not trying to put Grant down, but he has proclaimed several "theories" that he has then touted as the definite solution. But none go them have any real proof. Saying that your crashes stopped but deleting everything and then reinstalling everything back is not proof.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (02-05-2014), Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    You're just wanting Grant to post another essay answer to explain it (again) aren't you, you a little pot stirrer you.

Maybe we should ask Grant to PM you the essay answer.

For me, I have been using LockHTML3, not sure why, I sometimes also use with Cydgets, not sure why, and GroovyLock too, not sure why.
    I hope that clears things up for you all.
    Crystal clear lol. And very honest

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-05-2014), Krima (02-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm not trying to put Grant down, but he has proclaimed several "theories" that he has then touted as the definite solution. But none go them have any real proof. Saying that your crashes stopped but deleting everything and then reinstalling everything back is not proof.
    It is with a control in the experiment, bro. You of all people know the importance of that. And a theory is a theory. I never said proof. I said "best educated guess".

And "you" haven't offered a plausible counter-theory despite two requests now. I disproved your first one - that passcode was not the smoking gun. Don't want to move to Great Debate territory. Just want you to come with solid counter theory based on personal testing. Not arm chair quarter backing from the comfort of ip5 on 6.1.2..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I don't have one. Therefore I'm not just throwing out there the first thing that works for me. It's that simple.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

I don't have one. Therefore I'm not just throwing out there the first thing that works for me. It's that simple.
    Fair enough sir. For the record.. BombMom having not restored SINCE WinterBoard update - disproves my WB corrupt file theory. I withdraw it. But something was wrong for many of us that a restore has fixed. No one has talked of "random crashing" with high animation LS in any platform since they restored - unless the have Passcode lock on. And even then it's not a random crashing. It's crash upon swipe to unlock.

And I also didn't "throw out" first theory that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Nah i'm not forcing anyone. I just know what works for me. I think you spelled forecast wrong there bud:P
    Was intentionally spelled that way. "Forecast" was taken already and it's Copyright apparently

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

Don't let June get away with that grantesque type of posting Durben.

@MJ. I love Flex too, have u published any patches?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-05-2014), The_Durben (02-05-2014)

Saying that the pass code is having an effect, ok, I can go with that easy to test. But corrupt files and that, I would have to see more evidence.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Don't let June get away with that grantesque type of posting Durben.

@MJ. I love Flex too, have u published any patches?
    Yes. "Never Dim Lockscreen" and "Hide Status Bar Clock - Not In Apps" (that one was all Bombmom, but I uploaded it in case I lost it at a later date)
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 05:30 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (02-05-2014)

Here's my experience with crashes, for what it's worth. I've had almost no issue running any heavy animation widgets on lock or springboard. No restores after initial jailbreak, before winterboard received update. The only issue I have had with any UniAW widgets is when the option for sun and moon travel in arc is active. When adding either Chevy's or Marty's latest iwidgets with this option on I have an instant crash and respring. After respring, widget appears normal but I will see 3 or 4 random crashes throughout the day. Is this is a known issue or is this totally random?

But corrupt files and that, I would have to see more evidence.
    Why? How is the burden of proof different? And how does making something harder to test make it less plausible?

Quote Originally Posted by wrussell1989 View Post
    Here's my experience with crashes, for what it's worth. I've had almost no issue running any heavy animation widgets on lock or springboard. No restores after initial jailbreak, before winterboard received update. The only issue I have had with any UniAW widgets is when the option for sun and moon travel in arc is active. When adding either Chevy's or Marty's latest iwidgets with this option on I have an instant crash and respring. After respring, widget appears normal but I will see 3 or 4 random crashes throughout the day. Is this is a known issue or is this totally random?
    What you're experiencing is consistent with the rest of the reports we're getting. Higher animation prior to a restore gets unexplained crashing. With those two widgets you mention with sun moon arc on I get no crashing. I believe if you restored you wouldn't either. Do you use passcode lock or not?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Why? How is the burden of proof different? And how does making something harder to test make it less plausible?

What you're experiencing is consistent with the rest of the reports we're getting. Higher animation prior to a restore gets unexplained crashing. With those two widgets you mention with sun moon arc on I get no crashing. I believe if you restored you wouldn't either. Do you use passcode lock or not?
    No, don't have a passcode lock. I've been running Marty's latest lockscreen with the sun/moon arc on for the past few hours. No crashes at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,613 Times in 4,331 Posts

@MJ. You've got mail.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Here's the difference. Would you just reformat your hard drive in your Mac and reload your OS and all your software and then say that is a solution to it freezing? I would think not. Did you even go through the sys log to find what the initial cause of the crash was?

I think this is a great discussion for the Great Debate Thread. What do y'all think, Great Debate?

Go ahead, I'm done with it.

Here's the difference. Would you just reformat your hard drive in your Mac and reload your OS and all your software and then say that is a solution to it freezing? I would think not.
    Done that several times when the crashing was in the way of my being productive and when the crashing was getting worse and crash logs not making sense. I know, in every case, corrupt software, bad memory sticks, corrupt bios or damaged drive is the cause. So I change out memory, run drive tools and reload system - yes. Gets me up and running again. And the problem is gone.
    Did you even go through the sys log to find what the initial cause of the crash was?
    Yes. It returned conflicting results..
    Your points are valid, Brian. But I agree we're done.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @MJ. You've got mail.
    Ian, you are awesome. That is all

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (02-06-2014)

Edit: Deleted my comment to NewD, was having a bad day
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 02-09-2014 at 06:32 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-06-2014), RKO1195 (02-06-2014), VOLTAGExDT (02-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Grant, Im so tired of all this conjecture regarding your theory of "corrupt preference files".

Do you even know what a preference file is?
    Do you understand how it works in relationship to tweaks/apps ?
    Can you tell the difference between a normal and a "corrupt" file?

If you cant, then your premise is flawed and spreading "solutions" to your crash theories based on your "observations" is just plain wrong M8.

I know your trying to find a "nitch" here at MMI as a Helper, but please, don't spread your conjecture around until you know facts and real solutions. Your just wasting everybodys time and clogging up numerous threads with essay length garbage.

So for now, I will just add you to my "ignore list" again...

BTW, since I had to go to a browser to add you to my ignorelist, I just notice your signature.
    For a person who didnt care about his "Thanks" count, begging for Thanks is just tacky...just my worth.

Dont bother replying, I wont see it, Id rather see posts at least marginally on topic on the various threads.
    That is the most pompous-azzed condescending post I've ever read at MMi. At least lots of people are not crashing anymore as a result of my input. So where you been lately, bro - with a community looking for answers to their problems? I'm sick of this frickin' condescension.

And for your information - two other greats here puts the thanks request in their signature. Thanks for calling and sharing, Marcus. But you basically just added nothing of any value to this discussion.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 08:28 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (02-09-2014)

Page 735 of 875 FirstFirst ... 235 635 685 725733734735736737 745 785 835 ... LastLast