Page 733 of 875 FirstFirst ... 233 633 683 723731732733734735 743 783 833 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,660 of 17492

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Btw, I just moved my gyroscope slideshow lockscreen (cydget version) to the background layer. Nothing on the front homepage layer. No passcode. Random respring took about 5 minutes to happen. Background layer is no more immune to real heavy animation (I don't think it gets heavier than a huge azz wallpaper moving around with the gyroscope) as the front homepage layer. Homepage layer may not like passcodes more but doesn't seem any more or less stable to me. Same lockscreen runs flawlessly on my iPhone 5 on 6.1 w/ winterboard.
    "...And the plot thickens..".. As I've said from the start. Nothing 'fixes' the WebView bugs in 7.0.4. You can 'alleviate' their affect - which is what Saurik's fix to Cydgets, MJ's and BombMom's layering code fix does - but you can't 'eliminate' this "Apple-born" bug's affect on stability on our Lockscreens.
    I also have a feeling all of you that have restored and seeing improvements are going to find that is short lived. I think iOS 7 suffers "Windows Rot" a lot faster than any iOS before it and you will see your crashes slowly start to make their way back.
    We'll see. I'm rock stable. Just to test your theory, Simon, since I think you have NOT restored since the WB update (you tell me..).. I want to try your Parallax Lock on my stable no passcode set up.. Wonder if it'll crash me.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This is exciting!
    Corrupt files, pass codes, animations, windows rot! It's got the makings of a great book. Can't wait to see how it ends.
    Great reading guys and gals!
    LOL!!!. Love your wit, bro.. Thanks for the good laugh..

I think it can all be summed up with this iOS 7 = Windows Vista.
    EXACTLY!!!! Good analogy!! I was gonna say Windows 98 NT.. (yuck).
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    "...And the plot thickens..".. As I've said from the start. Nothing 'fixes' the WebView bugs in 7.0.4. You can 'alleviate' their affect - which is what Saurik's fix to Cydgets, MJ's and BombMom's layering code fix does - but you can't 'eliminate' this "Apple-born" bug's affect on stability on our Lockscreens.
    Take two pills and see me in the morning, that should help alleviate your issues

We'll see. I'm rock stable. Just to test your theory, Simon, since I think you have NOT restored since the WB update (you tell me..).. I want to try your Parallax Lock on my stable no passcode set up.. Wonder if it'll crash me.
    Nope, no restore on my 5S. I did restore my iPod touch 5g last night though, setup as new and only installed lockthml, groovylock, iFile and a few of my fully enabled gyroscope lockscreens. 1st crash was under 5 minutes.

EXACTLY!!!! Good analogy!! I was gonna say Windows 98 NT.. (yuck).
    Windows ME, hands down the worst ever I have experienced. Still gives me shivers thinking back to using that one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (02-05-2014)

Take two pills and see me in the morning, that should help alleviate your issues

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nassermoli (02-05-2014), RKO1195 (02-06-2014), sethbossfan (02-05-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

A potential con for LHTML is that unlike winterboard (when able to use HTML) is that Cydgets does not work for me with LHTML3. Or actually should I say .... I have not been able to get it to work.

I can use a lock trough Groovylock and use a Cydget and activate it with the home button, press it again and it shows my away view or primary lock. I cannot use a lock through LHTML3 and a Cydget. When I try it does not work.

They seem to not work together.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Hello,

I've been following the thread really frequently and know everyone is having some sort of crashes. Although my issue may be different. I just bought LHTML3 and I'm using UNIAW6.4. What's weird is whenever I get a incoming txt message (I have bite installed) the LS goes blank. I have to unlock and lock in order for me to see the UNI LS. I didn't have this problem with Groovy but I also didn't have touch controls. Do I have to optimize theme for LHTML? I tried that and still seems to be issues. I do have my theme under the groovy folder and not under LHTML Dir. Any ideas??? Im on 7.0.4 on 4s.

Anyone wanna really test your iOS 7 theories you can use this as the benchmark: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vik9xumj5...cydget%203.zip
    Can't pass up 'that' challenge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 633 Posts

The bad thing with cydgets is that they make lockscreed toooo slow!!!

Thanks

Can't pass up 'that' challenge.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-05-2014), nateD (02-05-2014)

Ok. Another example of animation heavy widgets on Background layer...

This one has a swinging pendulum analog clock, with ticking second hand, rain pane, wiper, rainbow, sun, clouds, timed wall,etc... you name it on background

On homepage...has a touch layer with weather info, a transition effect, the wether wall in the small frame, clock changes to digital readout, forecast...

All with passcode lock enabled. Watch video below.

Last edited by MamaJaay; 02-05-2014 at 12:46 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

adioph (02-05-2014), Dexy88 (02-07-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

Anyone wanna really test your iOS 7 theories you can use this as the benchmark: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vik9xumj5...cydget%203.zip
    I don't really know what to say Simon. I accepted the challenge. I'm running Concept LS, the DCL_WW slideshow, GyroSlideshow and and personal LS that MJ showed in the above post. Two iWidgets and a lot of tweaks and Flex. To say my phone is screaming is an understatement. No pass code issues here. It really is odd.
    Last edited by bombmom; 02-05-2014 at 12:48 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    I don't really know what to say Simon. I accepted the challenge. I'm running Concept LS, the DCL_WW slideshow, GyroSlideshow and and personal LS that MJ showed in the above post. Two iWidgets and a lot of tweaks and Flex. To say my phone is screaming is an understatement. No pass code issues here. It really is odd.
    Just sums up the conundrum that is iOS 7 lol. Try running the gyroslideshow as your main cydget for a little while and see how it gets on.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Ok. Another example of animation heavy widgets on Background layer...

This one has a swinging pendulum analog clock, with ticking second hand, rain pane, wiper, rainbow, sun, clouds, timed wall,etc... you name it on background

On homepage...has a touch layer with weather info, a transition effect, the wether wall in the small frame, clock changes to digital readout, forecast...

All with passcode lock enabled. Watch video below.

Lol, very nice. I like the swinging of the pendulum, very cool

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bombmom (02-05-2014), The.Drifter (02-05-2014)

Just sums up the conundrum that is iOS 7 lol. Try running the gyroslideshow as your main cydget for a little while and see how it gets on.

Lol, very nice. I like the swinging of the pendulum, very cool
    Will do. I figure I'm due for a crash with all I'm running anyways so why not and something else to the mix lol. I'm sure you now understand my statement earlier about liking that the HTML turning off. As for the pendulum thanks

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-05-2014)

Simon. Can't do a true test with your Parallax slide show. You didn't split the layers, bro. As I swipe right - your whole Cydget moves off screen. That's proof you didn't separate the layers in the code as MJ described. BUT.. I'm still not crashing after 2 hours of running your cydget bro.

So your crashing with it is still because of the infamous corrupt files since you haven't restored in a while.. (I think that you've said you haven't). There are no special phones here - only "different phone installation issues and files ".. All phones running iOS 7 after a DFU restore will have same results running same tweaks. It's just math..

If you restore. Your slide show cydget will NOT crash. Just like it's not for me. And the optimization Jenn & Jess are talking about isn't even done in the Cydget you uploaded for us. And I'm still not crashing.

So please humor me -- do a restore first - to get rid of the corrupt stuff and then we'll all be making apples to apples comparisons. ..

Thanks

Simon. Can't do a true test with your Parallax slide show. You didn't split the layers, bro. As I swipe right - your whole Cydget moves off screen. That's proof you didn't separate the layers in the code as MJ described.
    I never split the layers on any of my lockscreens, didn't even know you could until MJ posted about it earlier today. Just edit the info.plist in the folder and put Background where Homepage is. Touch wont work anymore on it but you can still test the stability. Oh, and use the gyroscopeslideshowtouch widget I posted above ^ that's the one I have been using today in the background layer, not the parallax one.

I never split the layers on any of my lockscreens, didn't even know you could until MJ posted about it earlier today. Just edit the info.plist in the folder and put Background where Homepage is. Touch wont work anymore on it but you can still test the stability. Oh, and use the gyroscopeslideshowtouch widget I posted above ^ that's the one I have been using today in the background layer, not the parallax one.
    It is the gyroscope one I've been testing. My mistake. But not splitting the layers creates greater instability and yet I haven't crashed with it. You've said you have. That's proof that gyroscope high animation, itself, is not the cause of your crashing with passcode off..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-05-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks

It is the gyroscope one I've been testing. My mistake. But not splitting the layers creates greater instability and yet I haven't crashed with it. You've said you have. That's proof that gyroscope high animation, itself, is not the cause of your crashing with passcode off..
    How's the wall movement itself? Fluid or does it stop and go, stop and go sort of thing?

This is how I've been using the timed walls only version. To run on background.html, now I'm running uniaw animations only on top of forecast

*edit was supposed to quote the discussion earlier about separating in to two layers.

How's the wall movement itself? Fluid or does it stop and go, stop and go sort of thing?
    For me for the most part they are fluid but I did notice the movement starts to slow as the picture transitions start. Still no crashes.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-05-2014), Simon (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    For me for the most part they are fluid but I did notice the movement starts to slow as the picture transitions start. Still no crashes.
    Hmm, in cydgets the wall movement is pretty bad at all times for me on my 5s. Looks like I may have something slowing me down a bit. Hate to have to restore and start fresh (cause I'm lazy lol) but looks like I may need to do just that and see how it goes.

Page 733 of 875 FirstFirst ... 233 633 683 723731732733734735 743 783 833 ... LastLast