Page 713 of 884 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703711712713714715 723 763 813 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,260 of 17670

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

I have been pretty open about my feelings on cydgets so I won't bore others with it.

As it stands now the main issue is market penetration. Having 1 or 2 people creating a few cydgets here and there simply isn't enough for me to abandon the more popular formats. Also, many people mod very cool widgets and share them for free. I don't want to get in the habit of paying 2,3,or 4 dollars for a LS. Unless it enhances my experience beyond just giving me another way to do the same thing. I like my GPS and weather wall options.

Please, I mean no disrespect to anyone. It's just my thoughts since NewD asked. I don't think these are mutually exclusive though. There is a place for all options.
    Last edited by Krima; 01-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (01-29-2014), chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), ferlop15 (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vectraopc View Post
    Uniaw off course
    Yes, but which version of uniaw, mylocation or widget weather based?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Simon, I've take as mush WebKit stuff out of my CSS as humanly possible. The fade in fade out stuff
    Does that help with the initial load speed of the widget?

Feeling so behind the times, Lol!!.....All this talk about these tweaks is so confusing to me, I'm scared to leave the house!

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (01-29-2014), Best01 (01-30-2014), chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), Dexy88 (01-29-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), jawonder (01-30-2014), jepp376 (01-31-2014), King_O_Hill (01-29-2014), Krima (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), marco29 (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), MegaTechMann (01-31-2014), nateD (01-31-2014), Simon (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

@Ferlop. Haha. How you doing man? Have u decided if u will update? I keep going back and forth myself.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (01-29-2014), Simon (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes I have. Agreed. And I'm sorry gang for having been all over the map today. But, Simon, this last post was NOT an example of "jumping to conclusions". I was only asking questions. By mid afternoon I'd understood that Saurik didn't fix WebView. But the fact remains - greater stability in Cydgets, period. Why - doesn't matter, Simon when you're trying to help scores of posters a day on the forum. Stable is better, every time bro.

Now the fade in fade out lessening action seems like a great plan B.. Just like we had to get rid of Spin & Flip in iOS 6.. Sounds like a great plan to get GroovyLock and LockHTML3 back in the game with higher animation.

But no one's really answering my question, Simon. What's wrong with Cydgets?
    Oh ok, I thought you had got back on the fixed webview train, my mistake. I don't have anything against cydgets. I have always liked it, I have a folder of 30-40 cydgets to prove it. But it has never been my favorite lockscreen platform. There has always been 1 or two things about it that I just don't like, the initial load after every screen off is one of them, when I turn on my lockscreen I like it to be there waiting for me. I don't care that it means it must be running in the background, at least for now. Been talking with Saurik in another thread and he has given me some ideas as to how to fix this, and I have posed a few to him, biggest one being a "save state" of sorts, similar to how app store apps store their state so when you switch back to them they don't have to load all over again. Something like that could help cydgets a lot I think, could eliminate this negative while still have the plus of not having to waste battery or risk stability by the lockscreen always running in the background.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), King_O_Hill (01-29-2014), Krima (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @Ferlop. Haha. How you doing man? Have u decided if u will update? I keep going back and forth myself.
    Truthfully, I can't see it happening anytime soon, will see what the new version of the iphone brings, if its bigger screen...If not, I may just see what other available options there are, haha.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

Hello Simon Uniaw 6.4 LS WW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vectraopc View Post
    Hello Simon Uniaw 6.4 LS WW
    Ok, I believe that will mean you will see 2 different update times. 1 is when widget weather checks an updates the xml file. The other will be uniaw itself checking the xml file. So you probably have widget set to 15 minutes but your uniaw is probably set to check that xml more often. SHould see 2 different updates in the uniaw code, xml update and last update, I believe the last update one is your uniaw one and the one it displays, I could be wrong though, been a while since I've dug into the WW uniaw code so I don't know off hand exactly which one Ian set to display on the screen.

when I turn on my lockscreen I like it to be there waiting for me. I don't care that it means it must be running in the background, at least for now. Been talking with Saurik in another thread and he has given me some ideas as to how to fix this, and I have posed a few to him, biggest one being a "save state" of sorts, similar to how app store apps store their state so when you switch back to them they don't have to load all over again. Something like that could help cydgets a lot I think, could eliminate this negative while still have the plus of not having to waste battery or risk stability by the lockscreen always running in the background.
    Ok, Simon. Sounds like a productive conversation with Saurik. Let's keep engaging him.

Don't know about the rest of you who help others with stuff… But I'm growing weary of having to explain the three different lock screen tweaks right now and all their pros and cons. It just makes my head spin.

After beginning to understand more about this WebKit transform and FadeIn fade out stuff MJ and Durben were mentioning here and King helping me with offline - I began editing the CSS file of UniAW6.4.. To get rid of all fade in and fill forwards. Much in the same we we cleared out Spin and Flip this time last year.

The result so far is promising when putting UniAW in GL or LH3. Way less crashing. So that's the way forward I think.. I'll report back.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Yes. Everything is "just there" walls, weather info, forecast etc. only thing that fades in is sun/moon

Thanks
    Thanked 9,128 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi all,

I had an email asking about this and although it is actually in the new dylib version I thought I would post this as in the dylib version it is not so obvious where the closing brackets are.
    Argh...last night I added an "UnAnimate" switch to my painted mod so peeps on ios7 could use it that way while waiting on the required WB update...seeing your much more complex instructions I realize I obviously did it the wrong way thank you(again) sensei!!

Here's how I added the switch:

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nateD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-29-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), The.Drifter (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Yes. Everything is "just there" walls, weather info, forecast etc. only thing that fades in is sun/moon
    Nice, does seem to help quite a bit with my regular slideshow widget, it pretty much pops up in a second or less with cydget. My accelerometer ones though not so much, those walls are very oversized to compensate for all the extra movement. Even without the fade can take 2-3 seconds to pop in when turning screen off and on. Also the wall movement seems to lag quite a bit more in cydget, not sure what that's about yet. Movement is way smoother in GL and LHTML3.

Nice, does seem to help quite a bit with my regular slideshow widget, it pretty much pops up in a second or less with cydget. My accelerometer ones though not so much, those walls are very oversized to compensate for all the extra movement. Even without the fade can take 2-3 seconds to pop in when turning screen off and on. Also the wall movement seems to lag quite a bit more in cydget, not sure what that's about yet. Movement is way smoother in GL and LHTML3.
    Understood. Parallax is the very first thing I turn off. Hurts my face.

Thanks

Understood. Parallax is the very first thing I turn off. Hurts my face.
    Lol, well this isn't exactly parallax. Parallax is subtle movement using the gyroscope. Using the accelerometer it is more like Apple's dynamic bubbles in movement, more of a glide than a jerk. Had way fewer issues with iOS7 as a whole when just using the accelerometer for moving my walls. I don't think I've had a respring/safe mode last 2 days when I have ran that. Start tapping into that gyroscope though and I can make that lockscreen crash in under 5 minutes, cydget included, although cydget tends to be less fluid with those too, maybe Saurik has some built in animation cap in cydget or something similar to help stop crashes.

Ah. I see. Well, I'm sure there's a lot of appeal to moving stuff. I don't use dynamic walls, I don't use parallax, I use the rotation lock to make my phone stay still... You'd swear I was epileptic or something. But any movement drives me nuts. Even the panoramic wall option. I have to just have a static pic or it makes me bonkers.

I like my UniAW clouds and balloons thou

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (01-30-2014), NewdestinyX (01-29-2014), Simon (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Ya, I find myself just tilting my phone around all day when I should be working, I think I have a problem

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), ferlop15 (01-29-2014), jepp376 (01-31-2014), MamaJaay (01-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

But who wants "Simple", Derrick? Not me. Not many. We don't want to NEVER be able to have UniAW6.4 on our LS ever again. Cydgets can handle it. The other two can't without lots of FadeIn/FadeOut removing. That's my point.
    Speak for yourself. "We" don't want?
    Who are "We"? And why are you speaking for them.

And I'll have to greatly disagree with you on simple. Many many people do including me. This also wasn't saying "all of you must now use a simple lockscreen" it was me saying it works without a problem.
    And also at no point did I ever say "NEVER" will be able to.

And again, I'll tell you that Cydget can't handle animation any better than other options.
    The only thing it will do is "shut off" when the lock is not on.

You're trying to tell me how these are handling animation, removing code ect when I figured this out days ago.

The word twisting and reading into statements what you want them to say instead of what they actually say is getting out of hand.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

VOLTAGExDT (01-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    #UniAW6.3 LS Mod by chevymusclecar should be on thread somewhere if not I can post later at work ATM...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5djg547ti...ymusclecar.zip

isnt available anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Speak for yourself. "We" don't want?
    Who are "We"? And why are you speaking for them.

And I'll have to greatly disagree with you on simple. Many many people do including me. This also wasn't saying "all of you must now use a simple lockscreen" it was me saying it works without a problem.
    And also at no point did I ever say "NEVER" will be able to.

And again, I'll tell you that Cydget can't handle animation any better than other options.
    The only thing it will do is "shut off" when the lock is not on.

You're trying to tell me how these are handling animation, removing code ect when I figured this out days ago.

The word twisting and reading into statements what you want them to say instead of what they actually say is getting out of hand.
    Settle down, sir.. I'm not twisting anything.. You seemed to be wanting to drive us all toward your way of thinking with " simple is better ". I love your simple stuff - you know that.. But do not tie my hands to simple by settling, bro. Let's work on ways to get complex back.

And of course you figured fade in/fade out days ago. And of course you have to remind me of your superiority, D. After two years it gets pretty damn old. Give "some" credit to other "thinking ones" out here. I'm not a rank noob anymore. Please stop your insufferable condescension to me, man. Please! I've done nothing but build you up and support your every effort and you just never let up on me.. It's this attitude stuff from day 1 that made me so defensive for 2 years. I'm chilled now. But let the heck up, please, Derrick. Treat me with the personal respect I give you all day every day.. Sheesh.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-29-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (01-30-2014)

That whole LS thing confuses me a lil, every day a new tweak with LS HTML support .

I try groovylock and its okay, after that I try lockHTML3 and its cool, but some features
    arent working. For example, When I try to load a WB-LS with LockHTML3, ist asks me to optimize
    the theme for LH3 but it brokes the WinterBoard compatibility. When
    I choose yes, I can change some settings, like GPS,TimedWalls etc.
    (I think its the config.cfg) but when I change one of these Settings, it dont save them.

I run that LS since 10 hours without a safemode with LockHTML3, and it has some animations in it

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...5-img_0077.png
    Last edited by j0k3r; 01-29-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Page 713 of 884 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703711712713714715 723 763 813 ... LastLast