+ Reply
Page 712 of 869 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702710711712713714 722 762 812 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 17379

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by vectraopc Anybody can help me I have Groovylock with Uniaw 6.4 LS weather .My update time is 15 minits but my weather is every 3 minits is
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vectraopc View Post
    Anybody can help me I have Groovylock with Uniaw 6.4 LS weather .My update time is 15 minits but my weather is every 3 minits is updating why?????
    Depends if it is a Widget Weather version of UNIAW or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,234 Times in 1,779 Posts

Best thing would be to ask him Ian as I don't use Cydgets, yea it can do some awesome stuff but I just don't like it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-29-2014), Krima (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Depends if it is a Widget Weather version of UNIAW or not.
    Uniaw off course

Thanks
    Thanked 8,841 Times in 4,439 Posts

Default So what, again, is so bad with Cydgets?
    We're at a bit of a crossroads, gang, with desiring the best LS tweak to work with. Though I've also been in the camp that hasn't liked Cydgets in the past, when I asked myself 'why not'.. I had a hard time remembering why not. Part of it was only having seen a few things Ras had put together, the graphical interfaces of which weren't that sleek looking. Ras himself admits he's no artist. Then I thought it was clunky to learn - but no different than any other tweak.

Until today I did not know that Cydget is a Saurik's 'design' and preferred tweak (over Winterboard) within which to run HTML on Lockscreens. Cydget is way more versatile than either GroovyLock or LockHTML3 at this point - except for LockHTML3's widget movement tool is kinda cool.

What I'm getting at - is that as of Saurik's update this morning to Winterboard he also also repaired WebKit Transform issues in Cydget and as a result it's the only LockScreen player now that is stable for me with high animations. The slightest level of animation you add to GroovyLock or LockHTML3 and crash city. Since Saurik seems pretty slow and not motivated to make WB itself do HTML - and he HAS fixed Cydget to run our old animated locks STABLE - don't you think we should give it a 2nd chance?

A LockScreen Widget in Cydget looks 100% identical to me as in GL or LH3. Yes, there's a slight code change you have to make to make your old locks work in Cydget. A Pain.. But stability, gang.

What are some of you other LS creators issues with Cydget - CURRENTLY. Have you tried it recently?

For what it's worth, Ian. I have iWidgets and Cydgets and no crashing with both together. So something else is causing your issue.

I do know when you uninstall GroovyLock and LockHTML3 - they leave behind a bunch of stuff. Run iCleanerPro with Remove Ununsed dependencies also checked with the other stuff automatically checked. Also check the var/mobile/Library/Preferences folder to see if anything in there bears the name GroovyLock or LockHTML3 and trash those prefs..

I would just like to dialogue about what we might have against the only HTML Stable LS player that Saurik supports.

Thanks,
    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), sethbossfan (01-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,681 Times in 4,004 Posts

I'm only developing for cydget from today forward.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (01-29-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome MJ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    MJSmash Cydget Version, again auto installing deb, with 60 second lock screen timeout built in. THIS ONE IS ANIMATED

Animated Version - with 60 second LockScreen Dim Delay built in
    Turn Animation ON/OFF in config.js
    CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CYDGET VERSION
    If you don't have cydget installed from cydia, then your installation will fail.

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

There was a .plist for Groovylock and also LockHTML in the preferences folder that NewD suggested above. I removed them, ran iCleaner Pro with unsuded Dependencies checked off. I am running the UNIAW 6.4 cydget and its ok as of now. I have some hope... I always liked Cydgets. Its a cool concept, And they are easy to convert lockscreens to. Especially the end users like myself.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 01-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Grant you're confused about what was "fixed" with webkit

The issue was locks and widgets using webkit animation and having an Info.plist running in Winterboard where certain info would not show up properly that used webkit whether a simple fade in element or other.

The fix was so you could still use an Info.plist in Winterboard and it wouldn't cause elements that used webkit to not display.

It was not a fix to webkit animation as a whole regardless of what lockscreen enabling tweak you are using.

I think what confuses you is Saurik adding Cydget Webkit Transform in the changelog
    Saurik did not mean it's only fixed if you use Cydget. It just means he wouldn't put in GroovyLock or LockHTML3 in the changelog because they are not his packages.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 01-29-2014 at 03:57 PM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-29-2014), EricB78 (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), RKO1195 (01-29-2014), Simon (01-29-2014), VOLTAGExDT (01-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Sigh. Grant, did you read my post to you in MJs thread:
    @Grant, I believe Saurik is referring to the info.plist bug when he says "solve webkit transforms". Durben pointed out the other day to me that it was webkit fades in themes/widgets that was the cause of this plist bug. Looks like Saurik figured this out (with the help of June I believe) last night and uploaded the fix. So he isn't actually referring to the webview bugs in iOS 7 when he says that in his changelog.

Saurik has not magically fixed webview issues on iOS 7. Cydgets seems more stable to you for one reason, it doesn't run when screen is off. Less run time means less crashes. Turn off lockscreen dim and leave two phones running same animation intensive widget, one in cydget and one in lockhtml and I'd bet money they both crash at similar times. It's a nice plus for cydgets. Less running means less crashes and less battery use. But it's also the source of the biggest negative in my books. Try and run anything that requires more than a simple image loading on screen (eg uniaw) and every time that screen goes off it's gonna take a few seconds to load.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Grant you're confused about what was "fixed" with webkit

The issue was locks and widgets using webkit animation and having an Info.plist running in Winterboard where certain info would not show up properly that used webkit whether a simple fade in element or other.

The fix was so you could still use an Info.plist in Winterboard and it wouldn't cause elements that used webkit to not display.

It was not a fix to webkit animation as a whole regardless of what lockscreen enabling tweak you are using.
    ^^^ This. Exactly. Worded much better than me too

Please Grant stop jumping to conclusions and proclaiming things. You've been back and forth all day doing it.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), RKO1195 (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014), VOLTAGExDT (01-30-2014)

Thanks

I still crash with Cydgets. Been trying all day. Just crashed 5 minutes ago. That and the fact that the UNIAW mods with on screen menus (even though touch funtionality works) are not allowing me (and Id have to assume others as well) to select an option on the menu as the screen shifts to the right slightly like its trying to get to the unlock screen. I have tried Martys cydget and the 6.4 cydget both with animations. There is no stable tweak to apply HTML lockscreens without crashing. Ill accept it and enjoy iwidgets on my springboard.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Not entirely true Seth
    You need a minimal lockscreen running.
    I've been running mine for days now (In GroovyLock) with no crash at all.
    Also doesn't have an issue in Cydget.
    LockHTML3 I've uninstalled so I can't tell you what/how well or not it works.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), sethbossfan (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Same here. I have MJSmash Cydget on my LS and crashes.

I uninstalled groovy lock and lockhtml and ran I cleaner Pro and still crashes.

Love the LS Cydget but can't handle the constant crashes.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,681 Times in 4,004 Posts

Simon, I've take as mush WebKit stuff out of my CSS as humanly possible. The fade in fade out stuff

Thanks

Yes Durben I stand corrected...Minimal Lockscreens are ok through Cydgets and were fine with LockHTML3 for that matter for me. I meant Animated Lockscreens.

**Although through my experience I can tell you minimal Locks with very intensive iwidgets also cause me to crash at times.

The only time Im fine is no animation anywhere across my device or a minimal lock with **maybe** 1 animated iwidget. But Im only speaking about my experience in this case
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 01-29-2014 at 04:14 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Please Grant stop jumping to conclusions and proclaiming things. You've been back and forth all day doing it.
    Yes I have. Agreed. And I'm sorry gang for having been all over the map today. But, Simon, this last post was NOT an example of "jumping to conclusions". I was only asking questions. By mid afternoon I'd understood that Saurik didn't fix WebView. But the fact remains - greater stability in Cydgets, period. Why - doesn't matter, Simon when you're trying to help scores of posters a day on the forum. Stable is better, every time bro.

Now the fade in fade out lessening action seems like a great plan B.. Just like we had to get rid of Spin & Flip in iOS 6.. Sounds like a great plan to get GroovyLock and LockHTML3 back in the game with higher animation.

But no one's really answering my question, Simon. What's wrong with Cydgets?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Not entirely true Seth
    You need a minimal lockscreen running.
    I've been running mine for days now (In GroovyLock) with no crash at all.
    Also doesn't have an issue in Cydget.
    LockHTML3 I've uninstalled so I can't tell you what/how well or not it works.
    But who wants "Simple", Derrick? Not me. Not many. We don't want to NEVER be able to have UniAW6.4 on our LS ever again. Cydgets can handle it. The other two can't without lots of FadeIn/FadeOut removing. That's my point.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-29-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,086 Posts

Also Newd, Saurik is prob slow in sorting HTML in winterboard as he has said a few times in the past and recently that he should of never added HTML compatibility into winterboard.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (01-29-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Also Newd, Saurik is prob slow in sorting HTML in winterboard as he has said a few times in the past and recently that he should of never added HTML compatibility into winterboard.
    Yeah. I'm aware of that. But what do we develop for in mean time?

Thanks

To run Cydgets.....do we also need to d/l LOCKHTML3 too? To make it stable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    To run Cydgets.....do we also need to d/l LOCKHTML3 too? To make it stable
    No. Completely different tweak
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks
    Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,086 Posts

Your chosen platform. Everyone has their own preferences. Not everyone needs to use the same. One will rise above the others in the end.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods