Page 707 of 875 FirstFirst ... 207 607 657 697705706707708709 717 757 807 ... LastLast
Results 14,121 to 14,140 of 17493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

  1. #14121
    I still crash with Cydgets. Been trying all day. Just crashed 5 minutes ago. That and the fact that the UNIAW mods with on screen menus (even though touch funtionality works) are not allowing me (and Id have to assume others as well) to select an option on the menu as the screen shifts to the right slightly like its trying to get to the unlock screen. I have tried Martys cydget and the 6.4 cydget both with animations. There is no stable tweak to apply HTML lockscreens without crashing. Ill accept it and enjoy iwidgets on my springboard.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-30-2014)

  3. #14122
    Not entirely true Seth
    You need a minimal lockscreen running.
    I've been running mine for days now (In GroovyLock) with no crash at all.
    Also doesn't have an issue in Cydget.
    LockHTML3 I've uninstalled so I can't tell you what/how well or not it works.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), sethbossfan (01-29-2014)

  5. #14123
    Same here. I have MJSmash Cydget on my LS and crashes.

    I uninstalled groovy lock and lockhtml and ran I cleaner Pro and still crashes.

    Love the LS Cydget but can't handle the constant crashes.

  6. #14124
    Simon, I've take as mush WebKit stuff out of my CSS as humanly possible. The fade in fade out stuff

  7. #14125
    Yes Durben I stand corrected...Minimal Lockscreens are ok through Cydgets and were fine with LockHTML3 for that matter for me. I meant Animated Lockscreens.

    **Although through my experience I can tell you minimal Locks with very intensive iwidgets also cause me to crash at times.

    The only time Im fine is no animation anywhere across my device or a minimal lock with **maybe** 1 animated iwidget. But Im only speaking about my experience in this case
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 01-29-2014 at 05:14 PM.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

  9. #14126
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Please Grant stop jumping to conclusions and proclaiming things. You've been back and forth all day doing it.
    Yes I have. Agreed. And I'm sorry gang for having been all over the map today. But, Simon, this last post was NOT an example of "jumping to conclusions". I was only asking questions. By mid afternoon I'd understood that Saurik didn't fix WebView. But the fact remains - greater stability in Cydgets, period. Why - doesn't matter, Simon when you're trying to help scores of posters a day on the forum. Stable is better, every time bro.

    Now the fade in fade out lessening action seems like a great plan B.. Just like we had to get rid of Spin & Flip in iOS 6.. Sounds like a great plan to get GroovyLock and LockHTML3 back in the game with higher animation.

    But no one's really answering my question, Simon. What's wrong with Cydgets?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Not entirely true Seth
    You need a minimal lockscreen running.
    I've been running mine for days now (In GroovyLock) with no crash at all.
    Also doesn't have an issue in Cydget.
    LockHTML3 I've uninstalled so I can't tell you what/how well or not it works.
    But who wants "Simple", Derrick? Not me. Not many. We don't want to NEVER be able to have UniAW6.4 on our LS ever again. Cydgets can handle it. The other two can't without lots of FadeIn/FadeOut removing. That's my point.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #14127
    Also Newd, Saurik is prob slow in sorting HTML in winterboard as he has said a few times in the past and recently that he should of never added HTML compatibility into winterboard.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (01-29-2014)

  12. #14128
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Also Newd, Saurik is prob slow in sorting HTML in winterboard as he has said a few times in the past and recently that he should of never added HTML compatibility into winterboard.
    Yeah. I'm aware of that. But what do we develop for in mean time?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #14129
    To run Cydgets.....do we also need to d/l LOCKHTML3 too? To make it stable

  14. #14130
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    To run Cydgets.....do we also need to d/l LOCKHTML3 too? To make it stable
    No. Completely different tweak
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

  15. #14131
    Your chosen platform. Everyone has their own preferences. Not everyone needs to use the same. One will rise above the others in the end.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  16. #14132
    I have been pretty open about my feelings on cydgets so I won't bore others with it.

    As it stands now the main issue is market penetration. Having 1 or 2 people creating a few cydgets here and there simply isn't enough for me to abandon the more popular formats. Also, many people mod very cool widgets and share them for free. I don't want to get in the habit of paying 2,3,or 4 dollars for a LS. Unless it enhances my experience beyond just giving me another way to do the same thing. I like my GPS and weather wall options.

    Please, I mean no disrespect to anyone. It's just my thoughts since NewD asked. I don't think these are mutually exclusive though. There is a place for all options.
    Last edited by Krima; 01-29-2014 at 05:30 PM.

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    alexse25 (01-29-2014), chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), ferlop15 (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

  18. #14133
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vectraopc View Post
    Uniaw off course
    Yes, but which version of uniaw, mylocation or widget weather based?

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Simon, I've take as mush WebKit stuff out of my CSS as humanly possible. The fade in fade out stuff
    Does that help with the initial load speed of the widget?

  19. #14134
    Feeling so behind the times, Lol!!.....All this talk about these tweaks is so confusing to me, I'm scared to leave the house!




  20. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

    alexse25 (01-29-2014), Best01 (01-30-2014), chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), Dexy88 (01-29-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), jawonder (01-30-2014), jepp376 (01-31-2014), King_O_Hill (01-29-2014), Krima (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), marco29 (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), MegaTechMann (01-31-2014), nateD (01-31-2014), Simon (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

  21. #14135
    @Ferlop. Haha. How you doing man? Have u decided if u will update? I keep going back and forth myself.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    ferlop15 (01-29-2014), Simon (01-29-2014)

  23. #14136
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes I have. Agreed. And I'm sorry gang for having been all over the map today. But, Simon, this last post was NOT an example of "jumping to conclusions". I was only asking questions. By mid afternoon I'd understood that Saurik didn't fix WebView. But the fact remains - greater stability in Cydgets, period. Why - doesn't matter, Simon when you're trying to help scores of posters a day on the forum. Stable is better, every time bro.

    Now the fade in fade out lessening action seems like a great plan B.. Just like we had to get rid of Spin & Flip in iOS 6.. Sounds like a great plan to get GroovyLock and LockHTML3 back in the game with higher animation.

    But no one's really answering my question, Simon. What's wrong with Cydgets?
    Oh ok, I thought you had got back on the fixed webview train, my mistake. I don't have anything against cydgets. I have always liked it, I have a folder of 30-40 cydgets to prove it. But it has never been my favorite lockscreen platform. There has always been 1 or two things about it that I just don't like, the initial load after every screen off is one of them, when I turn on my lockscreen I like it to be there waiting for me. I don't care that it means it must be running in the background, at least for now. Been talking with Saurik in another thread and he has given me some ideas as to how to fix this, and I have posed a few to him, biggest one being a "save state" of sorts, similar to how app store apps store their state so when you switch back to them they don't have to load all over again. Something like that could help cydgets a lot I think, could eliminate this negative while still have the plus of not having to waste battery or risk stability by the lockscreen always running in the background.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-30-2014), It's Mi (02-12-2014), King_O_Hill (01-29-2014), Krima (01-29-2014), lostinthemes (01-30-2014), Marty McFly (01-29-2014), The_Durben (01-29-2014)

  25. #14137
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @Ferlop. Haha. How you doing man? Have u decided if u will update? I keep going back and forth myself.
    Truthfully, I can't see it happening anytime soon, will see what the new version of the iphone brings, if its bigger screen...If not, I may just see what other available options there are, haha.....

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (01-29-2014)

  27. #14138
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes, but which version of uniaw, mylocation or widget weather based?



    Does that help with the initial load speed of the widget?
    Hello Simon Uniaw 6.4 LS WW

  28. #14139
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vectraopc View Post
    Hello Simon Uniaw 6.4 LS WW
    Ok, I believe that will mean you will see 2 different update times. 1 is when widget weather checks an updates the xml file. The other will be uniaw itself checking the xml file. So you probably have widget set to 15 minutes but your uniaw is probably set to check that xml more often. SHould see 2 different updates in the uniaw code, xml update and last update, I believe the last update one is your uniaw one and the one it displays, I could be wrong though, been a while since I've dug into the WW uniaw code so I don't know off hand exactly which one Ian set to display on the screen.

  29. #14140
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    when I turn on my lockscreen I like it to be there waiting for me. I don't care that it means it must be running in the background, at least for now. Been talking with Saurik in another thread and he has given me some ideas as to how to fix this, and I have posed a few to him, biggest one being a "save state" of sorts, similar to how app store apps store their state so when you switch back to them they don't have to load all over again. Something like that could help cydgets a lot I think, could eliminate this negative while still have the plus of not having to waste battery or risk stability by the lockscreen always running in the background.
    Ok, Simon. Sounds like a productive conversation with Saurik. Let's keep engaging him.

    Don't know about the rest of you who help others with stuff… But I'm growing weary of having to explain the three different lock screen tweaks right now and all their pros and cons. It just makes my head spin.

    After beginning to understand more about this WebKit transform and FadeIn fade out stuff MJ and Durben were mentioning here and King helping me with offline - I began editing the CSS file of UniAW6.4.. To get rid of all fade in and fill forwards. Much in the same we we cleared out Spin and Flip this time last year.

    The result so far is promising when putting UniAW in GL or LH3. Way less crashing. So that's the way forward I think.. I'll report back.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 707 of 875 FirstFirst ... 207 607 657 697705706707708709 717 757 807 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •