+ Reply
Page 634 of 868 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624632633634635636 644 684 734 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,680 of 17345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Hi RAS. I'm a bit confused about Cydget sliders. Can each Cydget LS have it's own slider? So you placed this clear " Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi RAS.

I'm a bit confused about Cydget sliders. Can each Cydget LS have it's own slider?

So you placed this clear " Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 Winterboard theme" at the top of Winterboard and then all your Cydgets use it right? Would you mind post a DEB or a link to that as I couldn't find it in Cydia?

Right now, all my LS Cydgets are inheriting the slider from the "AwayView" - which is at the top in the settings app. That is simply my default LS defined in Winterboard correct?

Sorry if I'm not making sense - lol.
    You find the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 at the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us), also attached it.
    I have not found a cydget slider yet, but I remember that it works as you said Marty.
    The first, counted from top of winterboard list, Winterboard theme that has a slider for lockscreen AND has been selected in Winterboard will also provide the slider for cydgets.
    If there is no Winterboard theme with custom slider selected then the stock slider will show up.
    The "AnyView" cydget has no influence at all, it is just a dummy cydget so that you can still see your winterboard ls-theme.
    What I have done is, select the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 theme in Winterboard, only Theme I selected there! Then made my cydget "order" (cydget A,cydget B,cydget C, cydget AnyView) and respring.
    Now the LS starts with cydget A ->press home button ->cydget B ->press home button-> cydget C ->press home button-> cydget AnyView, which is just the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 Winterboard theme.
    All cydgets have the same tap-to-unlock slider!
    Hope this makes it clear how sliders work in cydget.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-02-2014 at 12:26 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2014), Marty McFly (01-02-2014), RKO1195 (01-04-2014), The_Durben (01-04-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,993 Times in 6,200 Posts

There can be 2 simple answers. One is that Apple has changed the specs for the weather feed from Yahoo or that Apple is using the code but dictating the description from the app. Not much magic here.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (01-04-2014), The_Durben (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    There can be 2 simple answers. One is that Apple has changed the specs for the weather feed from Yahoo or that Apple is using the code but dictating the description from the app. Not much magic here.
    Thanks, King. I'm eager to find out which - and then hope our weather widgets/tweaks will be re-written to constrain to the new specs/feed, whatever..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,648 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    You find the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 at the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us), also attached it.
    I have not found a cydget slider yet, but I remember that it works as you said Marty.
    The first, counted from top of winterboard list, Winterboard theme that has a slider for lockscreen AND has been selected in Winterboard will also provide the slider for cydgets.
    If there is no Winterboard theme with custom slider selected then the stock slider will show up.
    The "AnyView" cydget has no influence at all, it is just a dummy cydget so that you can still see your winterboard ls-theme.
    What I have done is, select the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 theme in Winterboard, only Theme I selected there! Then made my cydget "order" (cydget A,cydget B,cydget C, cydget AnyView) and respring.
    Now the LS starts with cydget A ->press home button ->cydget B ->press home button-> cydget C ->press home button-> cydget AnyView, which is just the Tap-to-unlock 6.1.2 Winterboard theme.
    Amazing. Thank you so much sir!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2014), rasputin007 (01-02-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, King. I'm eager to find out which - and then hope our weather widgets/tweaks will be re-written to constrain to the new specs/feed, whatever..
    Try this yahoo xml response file, Yahoo! Weather - Moscow, RU
    and look at the text forecast for saturday. It says "PM snow showers".
    Yahoo weather did not used to say that before, also the weather code is 14 for saturday and sunday, but the text for these 2 days is different.
    I am sure if you try a few woeids in the url you will come across "mostly sunny" or "mostly clear" eventually.
    It is Yahoo!

Here is one with "Mostly sunny", http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=c&w=1105779
    and different text for the same code 30!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-02-2014 at 12:48 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2014), Marty McFly (01-02-2014), The_Durben (01-04-2014)

Thanks

Try this yahoo xml response file, Yahoo! Weather - Moscow, RU
    and look at the text forecast for saturday. It says "PM snow showers".
    Yahoo weather did not used to say that before, also the weather code is 14 for saturday and sunday, but the text for these 2 days is different.
    I am sure if you try a few woeids in the url you will come across "mostly sunny" or "mostly clear" eventually.
    It is Yahoo!

Here is one with "Mostly sunny", http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=c&w=1105779
    and different text for the same code 30!
    So then how will we coders get Yahoo's new terminology into our widgets? Just change the translation.js files?
    And though you've now proved to me that it's Yahoo - are you still believing it's the same feed used in ios6 and 7? If so how would you explain my iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 and 5S on 7.0.4 reading something different in weather.app with MORE different descriptions in a given 3 hour period on 7.0.4?

Thanks

I can not explain why you have different descriptions on different phones on different ios versions.
    All I know is that the weather app in ios 7.0.4 for my 4S here in the UK uses Yahoo.
    Now regarding terminology, you can name it whatever you want, like
    if (obj.code==30) obj.description="Is a sunny one, dude!"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2014), RKO1195 (01-04-2014)

Thanks

Hey Ras,
    Just doing some playing. As long as you have a theme in Winterboard set defining the LS slider, you actually don't even need 'AnyView' checked in the settings app. I made a WB theme with nothing but a slider and a couple of custom sounds. I have that (and only that ) checked in WB. In Cydget settings, I have cydget A,cydget B and cydget C (not AnyView). They all come up in that order with the slider and sounds from the WB theme.

It's cool that it works that way but a little disappointing that Cydget still depends on WB for things. Thanks for the info!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-02-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,993 Times in 6,200 Posts

Hey Ras,
    Just doing some playing. As long as you have a theme in Winterboard set defining the LS slider, you actually don't even need 'AnyView' checked in the settings app. I made a WB theme with nothing but a slider and a couple of custom sounds. I have that (and only that ) checked in WB. In Cydget settings, I have cydget A,cydget B and cydget C (not AnyView). They all come up in that order with the slider and sounds from the WB theme.

It's cool that it works that way but a little disappointing that Cydget still depends on WB for things. Thanks for the info!
    Your mixing tweaks and expecting one to do the others job. Cydget is a LS platform that utilizes Cycript and HTML to transform the LS into whatever you can come up with.

While WB is for theming UI, sounds etc.

If a Cydget could control UIImages then which one would supersede the other? There is a very distinct line here but you are trying to mix them. WB was never meant to use HTML the way we have been using it. That's why we run into roadblocks with it all the time.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-02-2014), NewdestinyX (01-02-2014), The_Durben (01-04-2014)

Thanks

I can not explain why you have different descriptions on different phones on different ios versions.
    All I know is that the weather app in ios 7.0.4 for my 4S here in the UK uses Yahoo.
    Now regarding terminology, you can name it whatever you want, like
    if (obj.code==30) obj.description="Is a sunny one, dude!"
    Thanks Ras. If you had two phones side by side and different conditions were happening through the day.. you'd be seeing what I'm seeing too. I completely accept your confirmation that it's Yahoo. That solves that mystery.

But as you well know the Yahoo feed we used as a JSON call forever in our widgets is NOT the same feed that Apple used for Weather.app in iOS5 or 6 and not what WidgetWeather now uses. There is a 'higher level' feed being employed by Apple (more accurate, more data) in Weather.app than the JSON free feed offered us. I'm just suggesting that in the move to iOS7 - Apple got an even 'better' feed from Yahoo. Anyone who runs two phones side by side - one on iOS6 and one on iOS7 and cliks on the Weather.app through the day - (where multiple conditions are happening outside) - they'll see different descriptions on the two phones. I'd like to find out why. And when we do - adapt out widgets to the 'better feed' or the 'new' descriptions, which you seem to be implying is the only difference.

Thanks for your help, as always!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-02-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

Hey Ras,

If you know what slider/tap you want, you could do that with manual themeing, e.g. change png files in System/Library/Private Framework/...., and completely do away with Winterboard.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,803 Times in 4,085 Posts

Hi Ian, Just let you know, your last widget is working on 5C, been tested

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-02-2014)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,027 Posts

Sorry to interject into current convo....Lately when visiting Modmyi pages, I always get hit with that Candy Crush or other crap, which brings up my AppStore app....irritating as %#*€.....Anybody know how to fix that?....using Safari, btw.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks Ian i love this SBanimated 😃
    i am IOS 6.1.3 ip4

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 07bony For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,678 Times in 4,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Sorry to interject into current convo....Lately when visiting Modmyi pages, I always get hit with that Candy Crush or other crap, which brings up my AppStore app....irritating as %#*.....Anybody know how to fix that?....using Safari, btw.
    I use the app so I'm not sure.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (01-02-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Sorry to interject into current convo....Lately when visiting Modmyi pages, I always get hit with that Candy Crush or other crap, which brings up my AppStore app....irritating as %#*.....Anybody know how to fix that?....using Safari, btw.
    Happening to me too.. From the app itself. Ugh.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (01-02-2014)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,027 Posts

Ok....thx MJ, Grant.

Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,719 Posts

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Fattone66 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,678 Times in 4,003 Posts

Oh. I think I removed the ads from the app ages ago. Sorry guys.

Thanks

Evening everyone,

As you can see, it's a COLD one here today! Decided to play with some nice warm coffee

Credit to Ferlop for the original SB Coffee Diary mod. Credit to NewD for the Location iWidget. Of course UniAW credit as always to Ian & Dacal.

iph4 only right now. Still tweaking...

Time for some coffee - YouTube

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-03-2014), bliken (01-02-2014), ferlop15 (01-02-2014), Ian Nicoll (01-02-2014), King_O_Hill (01-03-2014), nik1975 (01-02-2014), RKO1195 (01-04-2014), The_Durben (01-04-2014)