+ Reply
Page 63 of 879 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 17564

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll LOL. Sorry Grant, I keep typing while you post so double info all over. Don't be sorry, Ian! You're a helpful guy and a natural
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    LOL. Sorry Grant, I keep typing while you post so double info all over.
    Don't be sorry, Ian! You're a helpful guy and a natural teacher. . But all noobs should do some Googling on their own and not expect to be spoon fed. We all had to do SOME homework on our own.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (04-13-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), Marty McFly (04-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lilg754367's Avatar
    Thanks

did it but when i hold home screen i dont see it in there i dropped the whole zip file into iwidgets

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilg754367 View Post
    did it but when i hold home screen i dont see it in there i dropped the whole zip file into iwidgets
    As several of us already told you. You must unzip first. Google how to unzip if you don't already know.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), Wildfowler (04-10-2013)

Thanks

i am using funbox now figuring how to put the uniaw file in

how do i put the file in now using funbox
    I learned by watching youtube. 😀

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Werty12 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,219 Times in 3,920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    With due respect, Ian, (and I PM'ed you a while ago about this) you really need to change the word "theme" in your above sentence (and on page 1) to "Springboard Widget". Everybody runs a theme, M8. But many themes only use stock wallpaper. Like Elite 6. So a person reading "theme" would think - "hey, I AM running a theme and its still not working". What you want to communicate is that they need an SB Widget that already has its own wallpaper for your WB version to run as Widget.html. Agreed?
    Ok, I will clear things up later, but you are incorrect also.
    It is designed to run on top of another "theme" that has a Wallpaper.html OR any theme that simply includes a [email protected] (basically anything that has a background)

You can easily make a folder called whatever.theme and the only thing you need in that folder is your background image named [email protected], now put that theme (it's named with a .theme so I call it a theme) in Winterboard under the Uniaw and its all good.

If you have a theme that has no background image at all then you have to re-name the Widget.html to Wallpaper.html.

Hope this is clear. The WB version just needs a background from somewhere, or you rename the HTML file.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-09-2013 at 10:02 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-09-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), Max_Pa1n (04-10-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), The_Durben (04-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lilg754367's Avatar
    Thanks

oops i am unarchiving now TY so much guys for your help i really appreciate it

Thanks

oops i am unarchiving now TY so much guys for your help i really appreciate it
    No worries. I just hope you know how to set it up now in config.js.😉 Seriously though go on YouTube and learn some basic tools.

Thanks

Ok, I will clear things up later, but you are incorrect also.
    It is designed to run on top of another "theme" that has a Wallpaper.html OR any theme that simply includes a [email protected] (basically anything that has a background)

You can easily make a folder called whatever.theme and the only thing you need in that folder is your background image named [email protected], now put that theme (it's named with a .theme so I call it a theme) in Winterboard under the Uniaw and its all good.

If you have a theme that has no background image at all then you have to re-name the Widget.html to Wallpaper.html.

Hope this is clear. The WB version just needs a background from somewhere, or you rename the HTML file.
    Your a coder, Ian.. So I'm not inclined to argue with you bro. And because you're a coder you see things 2nd nature that others just don't.

Firstly, I've been using Winterboard a long time now and almost no theme (that you buy on Cydia) has its own SB widget with built in wallpaper, bro. The base themes work with whatever wallpaper you've chosen in Settings-->Brightness&Wallpaper. That's how most Themes I've ever owned have worked, bro. Only when a modder creates an SB Widget with its own wallpaper call in the html - that you then add as a "separate theme element" in Winterboard, will a WB theme element with Widget.html work properly.

The term "theme", to 90% of casual jailbreak enthusiasts (non modders), means Elite, MiOS, Auros, Redline, Jaku, Boss, Topaz, Glasklart, etc. When you engage the base theme and icons of any of those THEMES.. there will be no Wallpaper.html anywhere to call up a wallpaper image. So you find one or several get downloaded to the Wallpapers folder with the Main theme package you download.

So it's the 'terminology' you're using that's confusing on page 1 when you explain how the WB one works. To say you need another 'theme' for UniAW WB version to work - it's enormously confusing. I've had to explain it to a lot of folks already.. .. Just think about it bro. Most SB widgets (containing Wallpaper.html) don't even bear the extension ".theme" anymore - further complicating the communication.

Thanks for listening, bro!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-09-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Ian you gave me an idea

*edit/Actually I don't know what I'm thinking. Won't work

I'm gonna try something tomorrow. Too tired today.
    My iPad lock was killing me, about 5hrs and 6 rewrites and still wouldn't work
    Dacal I think took him ten minutes to sort it. Gave some good error finding tips too. I really gotta stop writing these on my iPad.
    And some of the errors I made....lol anyway going way off my idea

Good night/day/morning to y'all
    Last edited by The_Durben; 04-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-09-2013), Dacal (04-10-2013), Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), lostinthemes (04-11-2013), sigit (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Hi Guys, I would love to share this GPS SB with you guys for the iphone 5, I added the corrected location.js, plus modified the overlay to make it look neat for the iphone 5. I take no credit what so ever but I would love to share the joy to have a working GPS SB! I used springtomize and used rows spacing of 0.5 to align the icons with the overlay.

Enjoy!!

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-img_0227.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orgs800q1l...0V2.1%20i5.zip

And this is the LockScreen I use with the UniAW 6.0 animation in the background.

UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5-img_0269.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc35fk9gvn...HTCOneXMiX.zip

Just enable in Winterboard and they should be good to go!

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to R3BrotherJr For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), IrobertI (04-24-2013), joshlogic (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), lostinthemes (04-11-2013), mkheinz (04-09-2013), SHARON1O (04-09-2013), siemprelisto (04-09-2013), slumpey326 (04-12-2013), wasserinc (04-10-2013), Wildfowler (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Ian you gave me an idea

I'm gonna try something tomorrow. Too tired today.
    My iPad lock was killing me, about 5hrs and 6 rewrites and still wouldn't work
    Dacal I think took him ten minutes to sort it. Gave some good error finding tips too. I really gotta stop writing these on my iPad.
    And some of the errors I made....lol anyway going way off my idea
    Gonna write it down before I forget.

Good night/day/morning to y'all
    Can you please PM me the error finding tips M8?

Mmm, wonder what idea I could have given you

Your a coder, Ian.. So I'm not inclined to argue with you bro. And because you're a coder you see things 2nd nature that others just don't.

Firstly, I've been using Winterboard a long time now and almost no theme (that you buy on Cydia) has its own SB widget with built in wallpaper, bro. The base themes work with whatever wallpaper you've chosen in Settings-->Brightness&Wallpaper. That's how most Themes I've ever owned have worked, bro. Only when a modder creates an SB Widget with its own wallpaper call in the html - that you then add as a "separate theme element" in Winterboard, will a WB theme element with Widget.html work properly.

The term "theme", to 90% of casual jailbreak enthusiasts (non modders), means Elite, MiOS, Auros, Redline, Jaku, Boss, Topaz, Glasklart, etc. When you engage the base theme and icons of any of those THEMES.. there will be no Wallpaper.html anywhere to call up a wallpaper image. So you find one or several get downloaded to the Wallpapers folder with the Main theme package you download.

So it's the 'terminology' you're using that's confusing on page 1 when you explain how the WB one works. To say you need another 'theme' for UniAW WB version to work - it's enormously confusing. I've had to explain it to a lot of folks already.. .. Just think about it bro. Most SB widgets (containing Wallpaper.html) don't even bear the extension ".theme" anymore - further complicating the communication.

Thanks for listening, bro!!
    I don't want to talk about this anymore

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (04-10-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), RKO1195 (04-10-2013), Simon (04-11-2013), The.Drifter (04-09-2013), The_Durben (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Can you please PM me the error finding tips M8?

Mmm, wonder what idea I could have given you
    Error finding was just using Chrome on PC rather than writing out on iPad
    It will show you errors in a live preview.
    Really just showed a lot of really simple errors I made. Extra letters and things
    I'm sure you know this already. I think you mentioned some if it previously maybe as well

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), RKO1195 (04-12-2013), The.Drifter (04-09-2013)

Thanks

I don't want to talk about this anymore
    Fair enough, bro... Lol!!!

I think this is all you need to do to make page 1 clearer for the WB version:

My new parts in CAPS:

There is a WinterBoard SB version with NO WEATHER INFO, get it HERE.
    Note: This winterboard version is designed to work on top of another theme ELEMENT (SPRINGBOARD WIDGET) CONTAINING A WALLPAPER.HTML FILE, if you try it without any other SPRINGBOARD WIDGET theme ELEMENT under it in winterboard the animations will be covered by the standard wallpaper YOU CHOSE IN SETTINGS--> BRIGHTNESS&WALLPAPER. So, if you want this version TO WORK with no other SPRINGBOARD WIDGET theme ELEMENT active then you have to re-name the file (in the main theme's folder) "XXXWallpaper@2x,png" to "[email protected]", this will be your background wallpaper and can be replaced for an image you choose (but keep the name "[email protected]"
    That, though a little more wordy clears up any confusion IMHO. And is just more accurate in common terminology used around here. Feel free to toss my idea though. UniAW is your baby.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-09-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

Fair enough, bro... Lol!!!

I think this is all you need to do to make page 1 clearer for the WB version:

My new parts in CAPS:

That, though a little more wordy clears up any confusion IMHO. And is just more accurate in common terminology used around here. Feel free to toss my idea though. UniAW is your baby.
    Sheesh Grant, just reading your "changes" confused the h3ll out of me 😳

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), Lucys (04-10-2013), Max_Pa1n (04-10-2013), RKO1195 (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Error finding was just using Chrome on PC rather than writing out on iPad
    It will show you errors in a live preview.
    Really just showed a lot of really simple errors I made. Extra letters and things
    I'm sure you know this already. I think you mentioned some if it previously maybe as well
    Yes I know about Chrome but don't use it, I once put the UniAW.js through a js checker, hundreds & hundreds of errors, if you ever try an online js checkers, prepare to be brought to your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by the.drifter View Post
    sheesh grant, just reading your "changes" confused the h3ll out of me 😳
    lmao...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), The_Durben (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Sheesh Grant, just reading your "changes" confused the h3ll out of me 😳
    LOL!! Oh well.. What's a guy to do. I've had over 30 people PM me wondering how to decipher the explanation of the WB version from page 1.. Most from elite 6 that doesn't have it's own wallpaper background or SB widget (which is what a 'theme element' with a background of its own has always been called around here). Ian's technically correct of course - that any element you add in Winterboard is a theme. But around here people understand the term theme in the MACRO. You coders see it mostly in terminology accuracy terms. .. But the "semantics" of it are very confusing to the average user. "Theme" is a whole set of icons and UIImages. But "NO" wallpaper background (in the micro). For me I see why so many are confused by that WB version explanation. It's all good. I'll keep answering my PM's when people are confused. ..

Still LOVE UniAW. And there's no harder workers than Ian & Dacal. Don't wanna harsh anyone's vibe.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-09-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Pa1n View Post
    My inbox hasn't been hit this hard in a while lol thanks Ian and Dacal you gotten me re-addicted to uniAW

Here's this mod for all requesting....now keep in mind this is ONLY for iPhone 5 atm because my i4 has been retired......enjoy.....iconoclasm layout 3x5(iPhone 5) in cydia....if anyone needs a dif overlay I can post psd later or make it for you if you want let me know and if anybody wants to tackle ip4 version please do.......as always with uniAW thanks to Ian and Dacal!!

http://www.dropbox.com/s/limaj0esb1g...niAW6_MSB2.zip

Btw anybody using the 24hr clock will need to adjust it in the uniaw(iphone5).css subtract about 10-15px from the

#Clock

left: px ;
    =Absolutely Great Mod! I am loving it! Quick question though, would it be possible for it to show neighborhoods such as Brooklyn, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Maspeth, etc rather than just displaying "New York"?
    Sorry guys i know is a bit of topic but does anyone know if this is possible? maybe by adding some code? Perhaps The Durben, Dacal, or Ian have an idea?

Thanks

Simple explanation. Maybe I change it to this:

TheWinterBoard version is designed or work "on top" of anything (theme, widget etc.) that has a background image file, or you must rename Widget.html to Wallpaper.html.

If that's not clear enough for you, PM Grant.

Nuff said.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 04-09-2013 at 10:33 PM.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

blkmini (04-10-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), Krima (04-10-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), lostinthemes (04-11-2013), Max_Pa1n (04-10-2013), mrsmickey (04-21-2013), sigit (04-09-2013)

Thanks

Simple explanation. Maybe I change it to this:

TheWinterBoard version is designed or work "on top" of "anything" that has a background image file, or you must rename Widget.html to Wallpaper.html.

If that's not clear enough for you, PM Grant.
    LOL!!!!!!! Perfect, Ian!! Love it!! (Without the last sentence of course) but that's waay clearer! Thanks sir! "Make it so"!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,325 Posts

just post some walls..

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sigit For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (04-09-2013), IrobertI (04-24-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), KraXik (04-09-2013), kristatos (04-10-2013), lostinthemes (04-11-2013), RKO1195 (04-10-2013)