+ Reply
Page 587 of 852 FirstFirst ... 87 487 537 577585586587588589 597 637 687 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 17037

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Marty McFly I don't know why extraLocCity is being used in the Accuweather call - that's the way UniAW6.4 was released. I don't think it really matters
...
  1. #11721
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,465
    Thanks
    3,751
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    I don't know why extraLocCity is being used in the Accuweather call - that's the way UniAW6.4 was released. I don't think it really matters why though as that's what I'm looking to change. To be specific, here is the code we're dealing with:



    What I'm looking for.....
    If exist = 0, stop the script, go back up and make the URL call again using extraLocNeighborhood or just obj.city.

    EDIT: I guess UniAW6.4_LS (WW) was changed. I just downloaded the version from page #1 of the WW thread and it no longer has an Accuweather call for UV Index.
    Got it. I think I know the code strand to get done what you want to get done based on your explanation. Good explanation, Marty! But "restarting" the the JSON call won't really be possible, but getting more data from it on the first pass and then doing your comparisons from there might work.

    Remember too that this code was written originally for myLocation which had to do a series of calls to get any city data at all. Why don't we just get the city name data we need from the XML using WW code in the AccuWeather.JS file? We really don't need to get city data from any weather service JSON call at all since it's provided to us by Widget Weather's tweak engine.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #11722
    The Formulator Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    4,047
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,020 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Got it. I think I know the code strand to get done what you want to get done based on your explanation. Good explanation, Marty! But "restarting" the the JSON call won't really be possible, but getting more data from it on the first pass and then doing your comparisons from there might work.

    Remember too that this code was written originally for myLocation which had to do a series of calls to get any city data at all. Why don't we just get the city name data we need from the XML using WW code in the AccuWeather.JS file? We really don't need to get city data from any weather service JSON call at all since it's provided to us by Widget Weather's tweak engine.
    Sorry, previous posts edited. It's the "UniAW6.4_LS WW" available on page #1 of this thread that has the Accuweather call. That's the one to download to test with the XML file I posted earlier.

    Not sure you're on the right track but that's ok . I appreciate you trying Grant.
    Accuweather.js file? Not sure what you're talking about here. That exists in the myLocation version of 6.4. For this version Accuweather already makes the call using city data from WW.

  3. #11723
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,465
    Thanks
    3,751
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Sorry, previous posts edited. It's the "UniAW6.4_LS WW" available on page #1 of this thread that has the Accuweather call. That's the one to download to test with the XML file I posted earlier.

    Not sure you're on the right track but that's ok . I appreciate you trying Grant.
    Accuweather.js file? Not sure what you're talking about here. That exists in the myLocation version of 6.4. For this version Accuweather already makes the call using city data from WW.
    Yes I was wrong in referring to the separate location.JS files for AccuWeather and Yahoo. The lock screen you're referring to does indeed use WW to get city data from the XML. What I don't understand in the AccuWeather portion of the code is why it needs to get that "list of cities" from AccuWeather when the city name itself is right in the XML already. I'm sure it has something to do with getting all of the weather data but then I don't understand why that would hamper The widget from displaying the proper city. All city name display should be coming directly from the XML and not go through AccuWeather or Yahoo at all. You only should need the JSON call to AccuWeather for the weather data. Why are we trying to get a city name from AccuWeather in the first place?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #11724
    The Formulator Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    4,047
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,020 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes I was wrong in referring to the separate location.JS files for AccuWeather and Yahoo. The lock screen you're referring to does indeed use WW to get city data from the XML. What I don't understand in the AccuWeather portion of the code is why it needs to get that "list of cities" from AccuWeather when the city name itself is right in the XML already. I'm sure it has something to do with getting all of the weather data but then I don't understand why that would hamper The widget from displaying the proper city. All city name display should be coming directly from the XML and not go through AccuWeather or Yahoo at all. You only should need the JSON call to AccuWeather for the weather data. Why are we trying to get a city name from AccuWeather in the first place?
    I was going to say let's continue this in PM but other's may find this useful.

    Because Accuweather is weird with city names and we need to make sure it's providing weather info for the right place. My home town is "Barrie" and that is indeed what WW reports in the XML but if we look that up in Accuweather, we get multiple results. How do we know which "Postal" to use:

    http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/...ocation=barrie

    Because the script then goes to match state and country code in the given results with your current location to choose the correct "postal" to use. Once a postal has been chosen, the 2nd call for the weather is made:

    http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/...ARRIE&metric=0

  5. #11725
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,465
    Thanks
    3,751
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    I was going to say let's continue this in PM but other's may find this useful.

    Because Accuweather is weird with city names and we need to make sure it's providing weather info for the right place. My home town is "Barrie" and that is indeed what WW reports in the XML but if we look that up in Accuweather, we get multiple results. How do we know which "Postal" to use:

    http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/...ocation=barrie

    Because the script then goes to match state and country code in the given results with your current location to choose the correct "postal" to use. Once a postal has been chosen, the 2nd call for the weather is made:

    http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/...ARRIE&metric=0
    Okay - great.. That explains WHY Accuweather needs to go through extra calls to get the right 'weather info' - but it doesn't answer my question as to 'why then' would we rely on <extraLocCity> to be the main city that displays for our main - documentGetElementById that we want to display in the widget? Why can't we simply, for both Yahoo and Accuweather sides of the widget, just access <name> or <city> for the screen displayed city?

    EDITED: Okay - read back through all posts. Our problem isn't in what the widget displays as city.. Right? The problem is WHICH city name is sent to Accuweather. The wrong name - will KILL the widget? Right? Do we know if it's just the presence of the word 'city' in "King City" that's the problem? Or is the presence of 'King' ONLY that's the problem? (the latter will be very much more hard to solve)....

    From what I gather - Accuweather's "list of cities" doesn't include Greater Sudbury or King - and can't find a postal code for those. But it CAN find Sudbury and King City (or whatever).. So as you said - we need to find a way to do another call to Accuweather's List of Cities (this time using <city> from the XML) IF it finds NO postal code match the first time. Codewise - This will require a second JSON call to Accuweather's list of cities as you can't restart a JSON call from my study. Am I on the right track now?

    We should still also change the documentGetElementByID display line in the widget to show <city> and not <extraLocCity>. That's always bugged me about the Accuweather side of the widget.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #11726
    The Formulator Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    4,047
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,020 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay - great.. That explains WHY Accuweather needs to go through extra calls to get the right 'weather info' - but it doesn't answer my question as to 'why then' would we rely on <extraLocCity> to be the main city that displays for our main - documentGetElementById that we want to display in the widget? Why can't we simply, for both Yahoo and Accuweather sides of the widget, just access <name> or <city> for the screen displayed city?
    I'm not sure the connection here. You are talking about something different. You can set the widget to display whatever variable you want. That doesn't have anything to do with the Accuweather call. The Accuweather call needs something to start with - in this case it's using extraLocCity. Doesn't matter if it's using name, city or neighbourhood. I want it to try something else if it comes back blank.

    For example, sometimes 'city' is blank and 'neighbourhood' works. Sometimes 'extraLocCity' has a different variation of the name that Accuweather doesn't like and 'city' works. Sometimes 'neighbourhood' and 'city' are both blank and 'extraLocCity' works. etc, etc. 99% of the time 1 of the 3 variables will work with Accuweather hense the reason I am looking for this functionality.

  7. #11727
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,465
    Thanks
    3,751
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    I'm not sure the connection here. You are talking about something different. You can set the widget to display whatever variable you want. That doesn't have anything to do with the Accuweather call. The Accuweather call needs something to start with - in this case it's using extraLocCity. Doesn't matter if it's using name, city or neighbourhood. I want it to try something else if it comes back blank.

    For example, sometimes 'city' is blank and 'neighbourhood' works. Sometimes 'extraLocCity' has a different variation of the name that Accuweather doesn't like and 'city' works. Sometimes 'neighbourhood' and 'city' are both blank and 'extraLocCity' works. etc, etc. 99% of the time 1 of the 3 variables will work with Accuweather hense the reason I am looking for this functionality.
    Reread my post. MUCH edited that you didn't see when you responded here..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #11728
    The Formulator Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    4,047
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,020 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Reread my post. MUCH edited that you didn't see when you responded here..
    You are on the right track now in that you completely understand the problem. Yes, if the city name used in the Accuweather call is one that Accuweather does not understand, it will indeed kill the widget. I am looking to have it change the URL variable used to make the call based on another variable WITHIN the call (the 'exist' variable). It blows my mind just thinking about it - lol.

    I'm not sure a second URL call is the way to go. I spoke to Dacal briefly about it (busy guy with a new little member of the family!) He suggested possibly the use of nested for/while loops. I gave it a go but I think it's a bit out of my realm. Maybe we should switch to PM or email now?

    Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey Marty. I am using your WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 that can change between yahoo and accuweather. I was wonder if you every found out why sometimes accuweather goes blank in some areas. For example When I am in stouffville the yahoo weather works but when I switch to accuweather it goes blank and undefined. Is there any fix. Thanks.
    Hey Signori. I'm curious to see your XML file from when you are in a place where this happens. Accuweather recognizes "Stouffville" no problem but extraLocCity is probably sending a different name. I'd love to confirm that it is indeed this same problem. If you are at all able to send me a copy of your XML file that would be amazing!

  9. #11729
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,465
    Thanks
    3,751
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    You are on the right track now in that you completely understand the problem. Yes, if the city name used in the Accuweather call is one that Accuweather does not understand, it will indeed kill the widget. I am looking to have it change the URL variable used to make the call based on another variable WITHIN the call (the 'exist' variable). It blows my mind just thinking about it - lol.
    I'm not sure a second URL call is the way to go. I spoke to Dacal briefly about it (busy guy with a new little member of the family!) He suggested possibly the use of nested for/while loops. I gave it a go but I think it's a bit out of my realm. Maybe we should switch to PM or email now?
    For/While loops are the newest thing I've begun to tackle - but they are indeed 'pretty deep'. Yes, Dacal - is pretty busy.. hasn't been able to answer a couple of my PM's easier.. but he's done a Herculean task for us all and we just need to leave him alone for a spell. That means - we're on our own, bro!.. LOL!!

    A 2nd and 3rd call will indeed work - though more resource intensive. It's just a matter of how 'lean' you want to make the widget. I will keep reading about FOR/WHILE - but in the mean time will use code that I'm familiar with - even if it requires more resources.

    I'll be in touch in email from here on out, Marty.. All good..

    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #11730
    Theme Modder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    my sofa
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    2,020
    Thanked 5,127 Times in 956 Posts

    Love this, thanks Nate!

    Last edited by kai312; 11-15-2013 at 03:03 PM.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kai312 For This Useful Post:

    Bulldog5278 (11-15-2013), Fattone66 (11-15-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013), nateD (11-15-2013), T76 (11-21-2013)

  12. #11731
    Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,409
    Thanks
    4,255
    Thanked 5,958 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kai312 View Post
    Love this, thanks Nate!

    This looks sweet bro.👍

  13. #11732
    Theme Modder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    my sofa
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    2,020
    Thanked 5,127 Times in 956 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    This looks sweet bro.��
    yeah Tone, really liking this!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to kai312 For This Useful Post:

    Fattone66 (11-15-2013)

  15. #11733
    Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,409
    Thanks
    4,255
    Thanked 5,958 Times in 2,657 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kai312 View Post
    yeah Tone, really liking this!
    Great looking as a LS and SB.

  16. #11734
    Theme Modder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    my sofa
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    2,020
    Thanked 5,127 Times in 956 Posts

    I'm using both of this, Nate's original LS and this SB Gotta say Nate's mod is one of the best Uniaw mod!

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kai312 For This Useful Post:

    Fattone66 (11-15-2013), NewdestinyX (11-15-2013), T76 (05-16-2014)

  18. #11735
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Sorry to go off topic in here Ian but thought some may be interested in supporting one of our own forum members and great guy in the iCommunity with his start up

    CordArmor: Never Replace a Broken iPhone Cable Again! | Indiegogo





    This is from -> View Profile: H3ATEDSS - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

    I think it's a brilliant idea myself.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (11-15-2013), Bulldog5278 (11-15-2013), Ian Nicoll (11-15-2013), NewdestinyX (11-15-2013)

  20. #11736
    Livin the iPhone Life Mav1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    2,528
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,293 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Sorry to go off topic in here Ian but thought some may be interested in supporting one of our own forum members and great guy in the iCommunity with his start up

    CordArmor: Never Replace a Broken iPhone Cable Again! | Indiegogo





    This is from -> View Profile: H3ATEDSS - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

    I think it's a brilliant idea myself.
    Done and done big D, bought the family package lol

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (11-15-2013)

  22. #11737
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 281 Times in 150 Posts

    anyone can do zepelin this two image please 😀

    this one


    and this shirt please

  23. #11738
    Theme Modder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    my sofa
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    2,020
    Thanked 5,127 Times in 956 Posts

    Name:  black@2x.png
Views: 450
Size:  5.9 KB Name:  etched@2x.png
Views: 456
Size:  6.8 KB

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to kai312 For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (11-16-2013)

  25. #11739
    Theme Creator Bacardi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,291
    Thanks
    7,144
    Thanked 15,660 Times in 4,064 Posts

    Sorry Ian for Off topic


    Hi ladies & Gents for people who have a mac, please install flavours application and set the theme " because of ezra" "ezra" & "ezra gold" to support the cause, don't forget to rate so we can make it popular and have it on the first page with the other themes

    Ezra& Ezra Gold done by hemptation, give a big high five for his hard work


    BIG THANKS
    Have a great day
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 11-16-2013 at 03:13 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (11-16-2013)

  27. #11740
    What's Jailbreak? dexi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked 57 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Thank you Ferlop for sharing that Clock bro
    hi Bulldog,i like this SBWeather ,would you mind sharing it,I was IP4 users
    Last edited by dexi; 11-16-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts